Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2012, 21:05   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2010 White ANHC SMT Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Just for the record MY FIRST JEEP, 1954 model, made in UK
Hi Sir,
Great ride that jeep. Utterly impossible not to smile looking at both - the driver and the jeep .

You have indeed sailed a long way - from the cute jeep to ships to a white Honda flitting about the country - now like a landlubber !

Congratulations on getting the jeep (though slightly late in conveying the message - 58 years !) and also the City (also late - by a couple of years) !

Keep the wheels rolling sir !

Last edited by Guderian : 24th February 2012 at 21:23.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 16:28   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Sir,

Anyway, did you change oil after the run in was completed ?
Sorry for the late reply. Yes oil and filter were changed.

Honda City gets serviced every 5000 kms. My earlier Santro used to get serviced after 10,000 kms.

Also Wagon R gets serviced after every 5 k kms.

I wonder why this is done.
Old 10th January 2013, 08:08   #33
BHPian

15,000 KMS SERVICING AND OTHER ISSUES

Within the first two months of owning the ANHC, August 2010,I had logged 10,000 plus kms, having done back to back trips from Pune to Jaisalmer and Pune to Kerela.

However the next 5000 kms took almost a year! This was mainly due to my extensive sailing schedules at sea. The Service Centre kept mailing and calling me to service the car. I refused till I had run out 15,000 kms.

During my Jaisalmer drive I had damaged the left wheel when the car went over a rock on a sand dune road. Hence I was not able to sight the rock.

I had that wheel fixed, or so I thought, at Jodhpur by banging the wheel to shape. That wheel was in the boot.

During tyre rotation, the Service Center, CRYSTAL HONDA Pune , informed me that the spare wheel was distorted and needed to be changed. I did not contest that told them to replace. The new wheel cost was Rs 2,200/-.

So effectively I was driving with a damaged stepney for some 7,500 kms without knowing that the wheel was useless.

To date the car done some 17,000 kms and I have had no issues whatsoever with the ANHC.

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 10th January 2013 at 08:11.
nanduchitnis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 11:35   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
15,000 KMS SERVICING AND OTHER ISSUES
Congratulation on the milestone. Keep the odo ticking

Quote:
So effectively I was driving with a damaged stepney for some 7,500 kms without knowing that the wheel was useless.
We need to blame our complacency on "H"; fill it shut it and forget it.

On serious note, guess your subsequent low running saved you any trouble.
If you did check the air pressure on the spare in the interim didn't any road-side shop notice the deformation?
Old 10th January 2013, 11:41   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post

On serious note, guess your subsequent low running saved you any trouble.
If you did check the air pressure on the spare in the interim didn't any road-side shop notice the deformation?
The wheel was distorted, which was hammered back to some shape. But tubeless tyres require the wheel to be in perfect shape which was not known to me or the road side tyre fixer. That wheel went into the stepney in the boot.

I ran the car 7500 kms thinking that the wheel was fixed until the 15,000 kms servicing when the Service Center noticed the deformed wheel.
Old 2nd January 2014, 16:11   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hello Sir,

Saw your post on a social networking site regarding an accident to your City somewhere near Vapi (Gujarat) while returning from Kutch.

I believe a truck scrapped the right side of your car. I was really relieved to see both of you safe & there was not much visible damage to the car.

Have you manage to bring back the car to Pune? What is the estimate to repair the car to its original shape?

Thanks,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks