Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2010, 09:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

Sid, Panorama Roof is confirmed as the Ahmedabad dealer has the car on display which is the exact car we will be getting, while the alloys are not as nice as the car you saw they still add to the car's youth appeal.

The display car here, also has GPS built in so I believe in a period of a few months all new BMW's will have the GPS built in? (Someone do double check)

Offtopic, I asked if the navigation can be fitted onto my 530d and I was told it can be done and the cost would be close to 60K INR.

Regards,
Old 12th November 2010, 10:42   #32
BHPian

An awesome review of a really nice car. I really like the looks and those wheels are simply striking.
Just 1 question. Is the I-drive system same as on the 3/5 series?
Old 12th November 2010, 11:58   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

BMW is heading in the right direction. 2 affordable (relatively!) models in successve years. I think they will have Merc eating their dust in the low-end of the luxe segment before long.

I would totally buy the X1 if I could afford it. It's aspirational enough, plus the utility of a diesel AT. Maybe in 5 years...!
Old 12th November 2010, 12:19   #34
BHPian

hi

saw the x1 at hyderabad dealers's warehouse.. nothing too immpressive. i would still prefer a proper sedan (read 3 series).
Old 12th November 2010, 12:57   #35
BHPian

very nice review sid
for me it makes quite a sensible alternative to the 3series sedan.
it also looks quite striking and would definitely stand out.
Old 12th November 2010, 15:13   #36
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Neat @ Nice Review Sid. Now started becoming difficult for buyers to choose from the varieties of SUVs which is actually good.
Have seen X5 with wireless headphones at the rear. I donot know whether that is been optional.
Old 12th November 2010, 20:31   #37
BHPian

Talking of affordibility what is the target age for BMW X1 in India is a question that they really ned to know. According to me a trully affordable Beemer for me would be the 1 series in the price range of 16>17, the point is WHEN IS IT COMING.
Old 12th November 2010, 21:04   #38
xvk

I have seen this recently in a trip to uk, i personally felt Benz GLK was more suitable than X1 for indian scenario..
Old 12th November 2010, 22:09   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvk View Post
I have seen this recently in a trip to uk, i personally felt Benz GLK was more suitable than X1 for indian scenario..
GLK has utilitarian design (boxy design with more space). It reminds me of Forester in concept and proportions. X1, with it's rear treatment has lost significant luggage holding capacity.
Old 12th November 2010, 23:41   #40
BHPian

I don't believe people would like the GLK shape in India. Even in US, I don't see any Indian (around me) using GLK. I personally don't like the shape either. Just my 2 cents..
Old 13th November 2010, 08:17   #41
Senior - BHPian

The GLK, Is a much bigger vehicle and it competes with the X3 and Q5, at present X1 is the only car in it's segment in the luxury segment, Mercedes-Benz will launch the BLK / GLA (Name is unconfirmed) and the Audi Q3 once those 2 cars come out they will compete with the X1 but I believe by then the X1 will already have won a lot of hearts like the X3,

Yes GLK might not look very nice but with the right set of rims and colours the car can catch your attention on the expressways or the urban playgrounds.

Regards,
Old 13th November 2010, 15:07   #42
Senior - BHPian

A closer look will reveal how good it is on looks ! From the rear 2 quarter pic though , it looks like a mismatch , with a bulky SUVish rear and sleek, long car-like front .
Old 13th November 2010, 19:31   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Talking of affordibility what is the target age for BMW X1 in India is a question that they really ned to know. According to me a trully affordable Beemer for me would be the 1 series in the price range of 16>17, the point is WHEN IS IT COMING.
The Tata Aria is 16-17. A Bimmer at that price would be so awesome
Old 13th November 2010, 22:40   #44
BHPian

@sidindica - the review seems quite comprehensive focusing on the fact that for a BMW, the 3 series seems better equipped than this for competition... with regards to the car being a crossover, i would certainly look ahead for the Mitsubishi RVR, which would have a definitely reasonable price around 20L..

Nothing great about the styling from the pictures that are on display, interiors are very bland and ordinary, something not worth @ 25-30L

How would you compare the GM vehicles if they were to enter India?

The Tribeca and the Outback are 2 amazing vehicles that certainly spring to our minds

Also, toyota's Venza and RAV4 (which i own in Bahrain) are some of the models that can be touted for a reasonable price.

they would definitely be worth the money to my knowledge

cost wise am definitely sure it would be reasonable.
Old 14th November 2010, 00:30   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunrdas View Post
How would you compare the GM vehicles if they were to enter India?

The Tribeca and the Outback are 2 amazing vehicles that certainly spring to our minds
You are talking about Subaru vehicles and GM has nothing do with them anymore. BTW you would be aware of Forester sold with Chevy badge which did not do very well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks