Team-BHP - The Story of how Punto bought me - GP Emotion 1.3 BNW
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   The Story of how Punto bought me - GP Emotion 1.3 BNW (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/92119-story-how-punto-bought-me-gp-emotion-1-3-bnw-4.html)

Crossed 5k on ODO with the last trip to my home town (BLR-NGL-BLR)
No major issues so far.
I am blown away by the ride quality difference between Punto and my old Ikon when I had to drive them back to back.
It really feels like a big car in every aspect although I could still feel the power of petrol when I drove the Ikon, especially the starting response.

There is a minor rattle sound from the overhead lamp assembly. It stops when I just give it a firm push. Need to check it up when I go for the next service.

I think I am slowly getting over the turbo lag issue. I am able to pull ahead of most other cars at the lights without much effort.clap:

The Story of how Punto bought me - GP Emotion 1.3 BNW-image01631.jpg

Completed 5.5K so far. Changed my stock speakers to Rockford component speakers at the front and Rockford Co-Axials at the rear with a Pioneer Amp.
Got it done by Evo, Cambridge Layout.

It's a good improvement from the stock set up but yet to conclude whether the 15K cost is worth it. Not really played with the settings, but one thing for sure is it sounds good at higher volumes. Able to get more bass and treble than the stock set up definitely. Was advised by Satya to change my OEM HU but didn't go for it as I wanted to keep the same look and feel.

Can you believe the thermo shows 43C in bangalore. I took the snap at around 1.30 PM yesterday and it was parked there since the night before. Surprising because there is tree which is nearby and I thought that would have provided shade for some part of the day at least.

It's been 6 months since I brought her home. She has taken me quite some places these last 6 months. We have crossed plains, hills, highways, narrow bylanes, cities, towns and villages. We have experienced scorching noons, blinding rains, beautiful cool dawns, pleasant warm dusks and soothing calm nights together. She has always kept me comfortable regardless of what was it outside. It's been an wonderful journey so far and hope it goes on....

The milestone or rather the mile !

The Story of how Punto bought me - GP Emotion 1.3 BNW-img075.jpg

Here is how she looks now.. I should say she has weathered it quite well so far..

The Story of how Punto bought me - GP Emotion 1.3 BNW-img_20110522_115922.jpg

The Story of how Punto bought me - GP Emotion 1.3 BNW-img_20110522_120056.jpg

The Story of how Punto bought me - GP Emotion 1.3 BNW-img_20110522_120300.jpg

The Story of how Punto bought me - GP Emotion 1.3 BNW-img_20110522_120346.jpg

The Story of how Punto bought me - GP Emotion 1.3 BNW-img_20110522_120433.jpg

The Story of how Punto bought me - GP Emotion 1.3 BNW-img_20110522_120523.jpg

The Story of how Punto bought me - GP Emotion 1.3 BNW-img_20110522_120552.jpg

Ownership Summary:

I had visited the service station 5 times so far.

1. For changing the windshield - I have captured it in my earlier post. This was after the first long trip - Diagnosed as a stone hit and covered under insurance.

2. First Service/Check up at 3K Kms - Left C pillar enclosing was changed after found broken. The vehicle was pulling left, wheel alignment done.

3. For changing the door lock ( rear left) - Done under warranty

4. For removing a dent on the left door

5. Fiat Free Summer Check up - Topped up all fluids, changed the rear number plate bulb. Free of charge.

Contrary to the general perception of poor service network, I am pretty happy with the service offered. I always went to the same service station - ( Prerana Hosur Road) and worked with couple of supervisors. No complaints at all. Only thing I could complain was the lack of accessories. I had to try hard to get a door sil - Finally got it from KHT Brookefield.

The other service network I have visited to some extent is of Ford and I would say these guys are slightly better.

Accessories Added:
Rear Parking Sensor, 3M Sunfilm for Windows and Rear glass - Part of the deal, done by the dealer
Seat Covers - GSports - Done by Torque Indirangar
Speakers and Amplifier - ( Rockford/Pioneer) - Done by Evo Ulsoor
Headlights ( Relay and bulbs) - Evo Ulsoor.

Planning to go for front windshield sun film - primarily for reducing glare from opposing vehicle headlights.

Total Expense so far ( Approx ): 1500 ( during 1) + 500 ( during 4). All insurance claims were cashless and taken care quite swiftly as I had gone for their in house insurance I guess.

Driving:

It's a pleasure driving this car. Agreed, it's not something that you can use in racing ahead of others at lights. It's quite sedate in that aspect. I can always feel the turbo lag. But when compared to most other cars (both sedan and hatch) in this price range ( and slightly higher), it gives a premium and secure big car feel. The steering wheel is a delight - Perfectly weighted ( as experts would put it) - Not as heavy as in Fords and not as light as in Hyundai's and Maruti's. Never felt out of control ever.

Cons:
1. Turbo lag, city driving can be tedious due to a lot of gear shifts.
2. Due to the broad A pillar, it develops a blind spot when I turn steep left/right especially on slopes.
3. Cabin feels noisy during 100+ speeds on highways, guess its a common thing among cars in this range
4. Wide Turning Radius - I guess my office security thinks I don't know how to drive as I have to take a really wide turn to get into my parking entrance and get out of the exit !!

Mileage:

I take frequent short trips ( 3kms or less) when I am in the city. City mileage is around 13 KMPL.
Highway mileage is around 20 KMS ( Max speed <= 100), 19kms ( Max speed around 120/130).

@sbkumar:
Your BNW Punto is really well maintained in mint condition.
Can you please tell how much Mileage you've clocked in your Punto till to date ?
How's the Highway driving experience in it so far ? Hope you've not recieved any unwanted breakdowns or Quality glitches so far !

CRtorquefan,

I guess you missed the title of my last post :-). I have clocked 10,000+ kms now. Highway driving is excellent. I don't drive beyond 120 kmph and hence never felt lack of power any time. It always feel planted and stable. One complaint here is the in-cabin noise which is a little high to my liking. I guess a lot of cars in this range do have this problem. Ride quality is really good, again compared to cars in this range. It gives a big car like feel.

The only quality issue so far was the problem I faced with the rear left door latch. It happened all of a sudden while driving and I couldn't central lock the car due to this issue and luckily it happened when I am in the city. Seems it's a common problem and they replaced it under warranty. Also the left c-pillar plastic enclosing had broken which was again replaced under warranty during the first service. As I had said earlier, not sure if it's because my expectations are less, the service is not bad at all. Of course the rubber beading where the rear doors close do come out once in a while and I keep pushing it in manually :Frustrati . Overall nothing major to worry about so far.

sbkumar- which route do you drive in the city? 13 in city is less; unless you drive through very thick traffic.

My Getz gives 14+ in city and I never switch off at signals (for AC).

You've maintained the car well and interiors also looks as good as new.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krish3 (Post 2361830)
sbkumar- which route do you drive in the city? 13 in city is less; unless you drive through very thick traffic.

My Getz gives 14+ in city and I never switch off at signals (for AC).

You've maintained the car well and interiors also looks as good as new.

Thanks Krish!

Regarding the mileage, even I feel its on the lower side. What I suspect is the distance I travel for each trip as a possible cause. It's typically 3 km in the morning and 5 km in the evening. Plus it's mostly heavy start stop traffic.

I liked this ! A nice little milestone

Another little milestone.. 1.5 years.
The Story of how Punto bought me - GP Emotion 1.3 BNW-img_20120324_135134.jpg

Four years to this day, it became a part of life ! Kept me company through everything, never letting me down. Battered, bruised but never down. Repaying the trust I showed, every bit ! My White Knight !
Fifty thousand miles of partnership !

The Story of how Punto bought me - GP Emotion 1.3 BNW-img_1625.jpg