Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2010, 12:36   #1
BHPian

Tata Aria Pleasure 4x4

Well finally the wait is over. Dealer called up this morning and informed us that our vehicle had arrived. However since today is Eid, we had a couple of rituals that needed to be done. After which me and dad decided to go and have a look at the vehicle. My father is a GM dealer in Saudi so it was important that he provide his insights. Dealer said that the PDI needs to be done but we convinced him to allow us one pre-delivery run. We cant take full delivery till this weekend since we have family gatherings which we need to be in. Here are some things I noticed.

Interior: The beige pretty much replaces the plum around the dash. The chiller panel is black, and its not pretty. This differs from the auto-expo model. Apart from that the trim is identical. I felt the fabric seats were prone to staining, so we are going to fit aftermarket covers on them. Fibers are of good quality though.The wood paneling is fake looking but the finish is ok. I would have preferred the brushed metal feel. I wonder why that's not standard in all of them. One thing I noticed is that the A/c hits your knees rather than your body. Dad says that it may be an issue for female drivers

Steel rims are boring obviously but we intend to fit aftermarket rims. My cousin has an auto-parts business.I'm debating whether I want Zigens or OZ.

Driving: I actually found that some issues with the dynamics of the car have been improved. The gear slots better and the vibration is contained. Dad says that the test model could have been a pre-production unit that was sent in haste, which has some merit if you ask me. Planning on taking it on the hyderabad ORR via Hitech city through Jubilee Hills. We have a farmhouse in Champapet so it would be a good excuse for a family trip.

Pics obviously after I get the vehicle on Saturday.Stay Tuned.

P.S To all those who ordered the Aria. The dealer says that some of the delays are due to the fact that Tata has prioritized the delivery to major metros first. Dont know how far this is true but it should explain the delivery delays for the others.
crazycardude198 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2010, 13:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats buddy. Happy and safe driving. Please share the on road price and pics. Any installations/upgrades planned?
Old 17th November 2010, 13:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your Tata Aria.

IIRC, this the 2nd Tata Aria on the forum. Please do keep us updated with detailed driving impressions and pictures.

Wish you a happy ownership.Drive safe

Amith
Old 17th November 2010, 13:33   #4
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the car! Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.).

This thread is temporarily closed. Please PM me or report this post once you are ready to update with a complete driving report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks