Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2010, 23:25   #16
BHPian

Wow. You are one lucky guy. I was told at the inquiry stage itself that the Palio Multijet was stopped and not available even on order. Missed the Dhamaka offer by a few days. I gave up then itself. Wish I'd tried harder. The car looks fantastic in black. I think Black suits it best, even more than the red which I think looks too flashy.

I don't think spares will be much of an issue since the MultiJet is shared with the Punto as well as the Vista. The Palio Stile itself sold reasonably well, so spares shouldn't be a big issue. It's still being sold in Brazil, AFAIK. It's the Siena/Petra/Weekend that have spares issues, especially with plastic parts.

BTW, what happened to the M800? Looks like it went under a truck!
Old 18th November 2010, 23:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ravi on your Black beauty, Welcome to the Palio club!
Old 18th November 2010, 23:43   #18
BHPian

she looks just stunning.

Congrats on your purchase.waiting for more pictures.

Anvancy
Old 19th November 2010, 09:12   #19
BHPian

Thanks everbody. She has a very distinct character and unique styling. I am enjoy every moment inside the car.
Old 19th November 2010, 12:13   #20
BHPian

You are one of lucky owners to have the Palio MJD in quick span where others are still awaiting for nearly 2-4 months!!

Congratulations, Ravi. It a great car thou not great in terms of interiors but still better. You will need to get accustom with the hard clutch and heavy steering..its a FIAT

I see you are from New Panvel. We have a common friend through Palio Users Group (PUG) who also has a MJD and stays in New Panvel.

Happy driving the Palio
Old 19th November 2010, 13:50   #21
BHPian

Initial Report.
Have driven for car for almost 400 km , here are my initial impressions,

The interiors has been discussed to death on this forum. Nothing much on this front but i would have loved it with black interiors. No complains anyway , what else do you expect at the price tag. The engine is a GEM and the steering feedback is excellent even at 130 kph. The seats are comfortable and the ergonomics are spot on. The ride is a bit harsh at lower speeds but once you cross the 50 kph mark it just keeps improving. The car provides a good space for four people .

Since the car is in its run in phase the rpm is being kept within the prescribed limit of 2500 rpm. The gear change occurs around 2200 rpm. However with the first gear you can't push her above 1700 rpm ,she tends to get too noisy. So here is how i shift the gears,
  1. First Gear : 1400-1700 rpm (Around 20 kph)
  2. Second/third/forth/fifth Gear : 2200 rpm (irrespective of speed)
I think the turbo kicks in around the 1900 rpm mark. The turbo lag is noticeable but if you keep her within the power band ,you would never notice it. After a cold start , members on forum suggest to idle the car for 40-60 sec but the manuals says the opposite. I idle her for 10-15 sec and push off slowly until she reaches her optimal temperature. The A.C is switched on after she attains the optimal temperature. However the car needs to be idled for 60 sec after a taxing drive . This helps the turbo to settle down.

The next component the gearbox, i like the rubbery feel and the best part it doesn't have false neutrals. However hate the long clutch pedal travel. The stock tires are noisy but will continue with them for the time being. Now the big question “Kitna dati ha” . No idea the needle had just climbed a few inched down ,but seeing other users review i am least worried about the mileage figures.

List of accessories :
  1. Sun Film 3M CR-50 on sides/back and CR-70 on the windshield.
  2. Music System
  3. Seat covers
Does someone know of a certified 3M dealer in Navi Mumbai.

Post 5000 KM upgrade:
  1. Kiirus Remap
  2. Michelin XM1+ 185/70 R13
  3. HUD Unit reading date from the OBD port.
Any problem till now :
I find drops of water on the driver side foot well when using the A.C. Recently i noticed that even during early mornings the region form where the water dips is moist . Expert some suggestions please. Will upload some more pics but first need to get the cell's charged. Till then one more pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Graduating  from 37 Bhp to 75 Bhp- Fiat Palio Stile MJD-img_1492.jpg  

Old 19th November 2010, 16:35   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Yadav View Post
Initial Report.
The stock tires are noisy but will continue with them for the time being.
Congratulations for the Dhamaka Palio! I guess yours is one from the 2010 batch. From the pics I can see a change in the design of the wheel caps. Are the wheels still shod with the Goodyear GPS2 165/80?
Old 19th November 2010, 16:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
You are one of lucky owners to have the Palio MJD in quick span where others are still awaiting for nearly 2-4 months!!

Congratulations, Ravi. It a great car thou not great in terms of interiors but still better. You will need to get accustom with the hard clutch and heavy steering..its a FIAT

I see you are from New Panvel. We have a common friend through Palio Users Group (PUG) who also has a MJD and stays in New Panvel.

Happy driving the Palio
Thanks Rudrah , eagerly looking forward to meet you all. By the Way is his name sanjeev.
Old 19th November 2010, 16:50   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rudrah , eagerly looking forward to meet you all. By the Way is his name sanjeev.
Bingo! You said it right, his name is Sanjeev Harikant.

Do you know him?

Yup we can plan up to meet up
Old 19th November 2010, 18:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the turbo kicks in around the 1900 rpm mark. The turbo lag is noticeable but if you keep her within the power band ,you would never notice it. After a cold start , members on forum suggest to idle the car for 40-60 sec but the manuals says the opposite. I idle her for 10-15 sec and push off slowly until she reaches her optimal temperature. The A.C is switched on after she attains the optimal temperature. However the car needs to be idled for 60 sec after a taxing drive . This helps the turbo to settle down.

The idling of 40-60 seconds is suggested for the turbo to get sufficiently lubricated. No harm if you are doing it as it only helps prolong the life of the turbo.

All the best and drive safe!

Cheers
Old 19th November 2010, 19:30   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Initial Report.
Any problem till now :
I find drops of water on the driver side foot well when using the A.C. Recently i noticed that even during early mornings the region form where the water dips is moist . Expert some suggestions please. Will upload some more pics but first need to get the cell's charged. Till then one more pic.
A/C drain tube got disconnected. Take it to TASC and ask them to refit it
Old 19th November 2010, 19:52   #27
BHPian

M800 was a GEM, no wonder it lasted 14 yrs. The same is true with FIATs if maintained well. Hope this lasts with you for a long time as well!
Old 20th November 2010, 15:44   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
Hearty congratulations from the fiat enthusiasts at team bhp!! I love your car and 4.3 is a decent price! I managed to get my SDE MJD for 3.7L on road just this August

Great stuff and you'll really enjoy this car my friend!
Hi ByDesign , hope you are enjoying your SDE . What tyre pressure do you maintain. Any precautions need when washing the engine bay.

Drive safe and wear seat belts.
Old 22nd November 2010, 13:02   #29
BHPian

Set Tyre Pressure to 30 and if washing your engine bay, prefer to put a plastic cover on the ECU for precautionary measure.

Use regular diesel which FIAT also recommends.
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:11   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Post 5000 KM upgrade:
  1. Kiirus Remap
  2. Michelin XM1+ 185/70 R13
  3. HUD Unit reading date from the OBD port.

Could you please throw more light on 1st and the 3rd items please? Also, the cost for the same if you happen to know.

Also, what was the cost for Sun Film 3M CR-50 on sides/back and CR-70 on the windshield?

Last edited by funkykar : 22nd November 2010 at 14:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks