Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2010, 11:07   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Wagon R. Space Utility at its best. Lovely pictures there.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Wagon -R
Old 24th November 2010, 17:49   #17
BHPian

Congrats on the blue eyed boy! Super Pics! I always loved the Wagon R, but must admint, looks awesome in the pics that you have clicked! Cheers!
Old 24th November 2010, 18:16   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvancy View Post
thanks.

why such a long wait for your car?any particular reason?

Anvancy
Primary reason being me selecting the VXI WITH ABS/Airbag version. There aren't many orders for this particular model and i have been calling the maruti people for at least 2 or 3 months. And at last a good news came from the SA yesterday that my car is on the way!!

BTW, any reason for not going for the VXI as it is much more VFM than LXI, as the price difference is not much considering the additional stuff that is available in the VXI?
Old 24th November 2010, 18:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Primary reason being me selecting the VXI WITH ABS/Airbag version. There aren't many orders for this particular model and i have been calling the maruti people for at least 2 or 3 months. And at last a good news came from the SA yesterday that my car is on the way!!

BTW, any reason for not going for the VXI as it is much more VFM than LXI, as the price difference is not much considering the additional stuff that is available in the VXI?

Thanks amit.more photos to come.the interior and the engine.

Well freakmuzik,lets say I was on a very very tight budget.that made the Vxi also out of my options.

Anvancy
Old 25th November 2010, 11:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

@anvancy:

Mind blowing pics of the Blue-eyed boy!!

I have been following your photography on the non-Auto image thread for a long long time. You are damn good at photography and you seem very modest too about it. Nice!!

The new WagonR does look more stylish than the older one. I heard the interiors are revamped big time.

Eagelry waiting for more stunning pic.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 25th November 2010 at 11:23.
Old 25th November 2010, 11:31   #21

Nice photos Anvancy, but I must say despite editing (orange sky et. al.) the WagorR still doesn't appeal to the right senses. Its the product design that isn't exciting enough - no offence though.

Eagerly awaiting your review on the vehicle's performance.
Old 25th November 2010, 16:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car.

I am not a big fan of the Wagon R looks, but it surely looks good with your stunning photography. Consider selling these pics to Maruti
Old 25th November 2010, 20:46   #23
BHPian

Thanks ajay.more are coming.

Well many have their own tastes.and many want curves in a car.general trend.so the wagonr then doesnt go well.but that is not stopping it selling like hot cakes.

@Supertinu:thanks.though maruti has better pics than mine.

Anvancy
Old 25th November 2010, 21:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the blue eyed boy - and great photos !
Old 26th November 2010, 00:18   #25
BHPian

Interior Section Review.

Interiors:

They say,a car however cool looking from the outside,must have a decent and nice interior in the inside.and as you can see,maurti stepped up the wagonR interiors to be towards more youthful appearance.

The Blue Eyed Boy Initial Review-WagonR!-interior-compositecopy.jpg

Many said that the old wagonR interiors were not decent and old fashioned.in the new WagonR you are greeted with a new grey with a tinge of beige dashboard.this combo along with the black grey seats gives the interior look a more modern type.it tries to influence and attracts to an extent.

The Blue Eyed Boy Initial Review-WagonR!-wagonr-interior-final-new-copy.jpg

The seats though not of the type of I20 where it hugs you,are of decent quality.a bit stiff if you ask me.the glovebox is that way huge and can carry your car documents and other vital stuff.the dashboard is a simple interface.The gearknob is perfectly in center.in front of and behind are spaces to keep say a small bottle or coins or others.central console has space for 2DIN system.

the wiper and headlight buttons are big and simple to use.

The Blue Eyed Boy Initial Review-WagonR!-img_3289-copy.jpg

The AC controls are those retro kind.make a soft khat khat sound when you turn them.simple and efficient.

The Blue Eyed Boy Initial Review-WagonR!-img_3440-copy.jpg

The boot and petrol tank knobs.

The Blue Eyed Boy Initial Review-WagonR!-img_3442-copy.jpg

The AC went.kinda retro.

The Blue Eyed Boy Initial Review-WagonR!-img_3444-copy.jpg

the headlight level knob.

The Blue Eyed Boy Initial Review-WagonR!-img_3446-copy.jpg

The push type cupholders.

The Blue Eyed Boy Initial Review-WagonR!-img_3447-copy.jpg

The power-window buttons.

The Blue Eyed Boy Initial Review-WagonR!-img_3448-copy.jpg

Inner door handle.

The Blue Eyed Boy Initial Review-WagonR!-img_3449-copy.jpg

The console gives odometer,2 trips readings,digital fuel reading,sweeping speedometer and various lights such as engine,security,boot,seatbelt,temperature etc.when the car is on and you press the adjust stick you have the option to turn down the brightness of the console.

The Blue Eyed Boy Initial Review-WagonR!-img_3358-copy.jpg

The rear assembly.

Many of my friends and cousins sat behind.and each and everyone had to say that there is ample leg-space.everybody was comfortable behind even if the front seat was taken back.so a good point.

The main problem that I see in the interiors is the padding finish.the power window assembly and generally the doors and to some extent the dash-board feel a little less padded.so when the car goes through a pothole at a decent speed they rattle.the suspension is not the problem.the problem is the inadequate padding.and this inadequate thing also transfers the cabin shake during idle.the shake is not terrible but is bearable.

I certainly will expect maruti to look into the interior section and make necessary changes for the next wagonR model.

Engine & Miscellaneous coming Next.

Anvancy

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th November 2010 at 12:39. Reason: Inserting pictures
Old 26th November 2010, 10:28   #26
BHPian

Congrats for the acquisition Anvancy. it is today that I came to know that this is your second car other than the i20. I have been seeing the photos in other forums, but then I thought this car is not yours.

Awesome set of photographs BTW buddy :-) .. Would love to see some with clear sky backgrounds at 18mm.

And yes, I totally agree, you should give it a shot to automobile industry.

Last edited by GTO : 30th November 2010 at 11:15. Reason: Absolutely no reason to bring in Fiat in completely unrelated threads.
Old 26th November 2010, 12:15   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvancy View Post
INTRO:

Also in the photography front I am in the learning stage.So there will be some mistakes in the shots.I am trying my best to improvise every step.

Anvancy

Hi Anvancy

Your photographs certainly do not look to be in the learning stages - unless you are Pro. What the heck to our eyes you are almost there.

I have been an Wagon R owner since 5 years - which means the ones which were before the modded era of the WR.
Let me vouch that the seating ergonomics are best in the class - I don't say this but my family members above 60 do.

How do you feel about the shoes the Wagon wears? IMO that is a dampner in an otherwise good vehicle. I had changed my stock to Bridgestone and also converted to alloy wheels.
Old 26th November 2010, 19:43   #28
BHPian

Whoa! Those are uber cool pics. Just curious. Do you hold a macro lens? Which cam?
Old 26th November 2010, 22:13   #29
BHPian

SpeedPujari:first of all,why u inactive on the PIN?

now you know.the I20 is a family car.this is a more sibling car.

the car photography segment is so vast and complex.I dont have any of the necessary equipments.no lenses(I am on kit lenses),no proper Ws lights,no diffusion and reflection materials,no vagabonds or gensets,no resources and no assistants and no contacts barring very few.no contacts with imports and other luxury people also.sadly Indian cars sometimes feel a little too simple to see.foreign runs I think because of the huge cars,individual clients who want their beauties clicked and access to resources and locations.Tomorrow if I go to a place to take shots,half time ill have to resolve with the authorities.the thing is not because I am taking photos.the thing is that I am taking photos with a complete setup.so to many,bhai setup matlab aap magzine se ho.ya other.
there is just so much attached.cars need to be given for hours for a proper setup lights shoot.without artificial light you can think fast.with lights every time you have to be on your toes.

and these days many are created through CG too.but still there is scope.there is still time for people to realize and keep a visual possession of their beauties and beasts.frankly speaking many think that car photography is just like any other field.to an extent yes.but majorly NO.

@sandip:very true.the wagonR just scores immense on this point.

Anvancy
Old 26th November 2010, 23:13   #30
BHPian

Ya rubbertramps.use raynox.

And thank you mods for making it a feature on the home-page!

Engine data is coming.give me some time.

Anvancy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks