Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2010, 17:07   #31
BHPian

Re: White Tiger arrives home. - Maruti Swift VDi (ABS)

HI Praveen,
As per your request, I am attaching the pics of the audio system installed in the car. Sorry could not post the pic of the HU in on position as I seem to lost the pic somewhere. Shall capture one and upload soon.

1) The original Slot:
My White Maruti Swift VDi (ABS)-img_4797.jpg

2) The rear coaxials:
My White Maruti Swift VDi (ABS)-img_4811.jpg

3) The front components:
My White Maruti Swift VDi (ABS)-img_4816.jpg

4) The HU Pioneer 6050
My White Maruti Swift VDi (ABS)-img_4804.jpg

The guy did a very nice install and a very good rates.He know what he was doing and said he has done install in cars of few member of team-bhp. His name is siddhu. I would surely recommend this gentleman for a audio install right at your doorstep.

Last edited by Anandg : 8th December 2010 at 17:27.
Old 12th December 2010, 21:20   #32
BHPian

Hi Members,
A small update of my tiger.
Today she covered 600kms with 50%-50% city and highway(poth-holed one) drive and no issues. The ride has been comfortable and engine silent as day one. Tried to cross 80kms and 2000rmps + for few secs and I could feel the power the turbo has.
Did a refill today of 33 ltrs after the last fillup. She gave 18kms/ltr! I am lovin' it. I followed the tank-fill to tank fill method. Even my wife who is newbee to driving always says she does not have to concentrate too much on accelerator unlike a petrol car, while moving it from dead stop. The car moves forward at the correct speed and hence no stalling. Space is sufficient for a small family. No touching of speed-breakers in this city of mountains.
I pray she stays that way.
Old 13th December 2010, 08:53   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hi Anand, system look good. what did you pay for the system in total? where did you get it installed?
Old 13th December 2010, 09:40   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
Hi Members,
A small update of my tiger.
Today she covered 600kms with 50%-50% city and highway(poth-holed one) drive and no issues. The ride has been comfortable and engine silent as day one. Tried to cross 80kms and 2000rmps + for few secs and I could feel the power the turbo has.
Did a refill today of 33 ltrs after the last fillup. She gave 18kms/ltr! I am lovin' it. I followed the tank-fill to tank fill method. Even my wife who is newbee to driving always says she does not have to concentrate too much on accelerator unlike a petrol car, while moving it from dead stop. The car moves forward at the correct speed and hence no stalling. Space is sufficient for a small family. No touching of speed-breakers in this city of mountains.
I pray she stays that way.
Congrats buddy. She for sure will stay that way I am getting around 18kpl from day one with around 50-50 city-highway. That was a great decision to go for a 2-DIN. In fact I am struggling with the unwanted rattling noise due to my 1-DIN. Also have a couple of friends with the same issue.
Old 13th December 2010, 10:30   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My White Maruti Swift VDi (ABS)

You selected a meaty HU there Anand! The Pioneer 6050 is really one of the best around. And thats the reason it has been selling for about 2+ years now without aging. My best friend has this one in his Vista and with his JBL output, the setup makes me wet my pants when compared to my stock Blaupunkt + Onkyo setup. Btw, does this new one have Bluetooth compatibility? Or Pioneer sticking to the good system as it is without tampering (and usually destroying) with it?
Old 13th December 2010, 14:49   #36
BHPian

HI Reinhard,
Yes this system is without blue-tooth and I feel it is for good as all its major and useful controls are just on touch of a button. I do not have to focus too much for options on the audio controls while driving.
And sound with hertz speakers is simply superb. I was bit hesitant while putting the hertz speakers but now I am very happy as the JBL speakers, that were in my range, had mid bass missing and these hertz have excellent low/mid/high bass there by negating the use of extra woofer. The guy who fitted the system did a nice calibration as well.
The good thing is the HU is 2 din so it blends with dashboard of the car and big looks are impressive too.
Any ways I have seen many gadgets for 1k-2k available in market online that can be used for pairing your blue-tooth phone with non-blue-tooth HU. So I shall get one later if required.
Also for @bhp_maniac and @goandude, yes the 2 din system is a heavy unit and sits comfortably in the slot provided. It costed me 19k for all the fit and finish (like wiring , plank and harness). It was done at my car parking by a guy named siddhu. PM me and I can share his number to you. He shall come to your door step and do the work at his own pace (no hurry) and hence no shabby job and you can save some bucks too.

Last edited by Anandg : 13th December 2010 at 14:57.
Old 16th December 2010, 14:04   #37
BHPian

Hi Members,
Tomorrow my car would be going for its first service after covering 700kms perfectly.
Please let me know what all things I should keep in mind.
Also I plan to do following, please advice:
1) Get an anti rust coating on her belly. Mondovi is quoting Rs2500.
2) I got the car from bimal but looking at the service horror stories with Mvtec here, I am planning to go to Mondovi in JP nagar. Please let me know if it is ok and what should I keep in mind. Do you know any good service adviser there?

Anything else I missed, please let me know

Regards,
Anand
Old 16th December 2010, 21:42   #38
BHPian

Hi Anand,

Can you please give more details about your seat covers ? Which Brand ? Where you got them installed ? How much did it cost ?
Old 17th December 2010, 16:10   #39
BHPian

HI @torquaris - These seat covers were brought from Auto craft Delhi for 4K. I got them fitted locally. Though fit is not nicely done. I need to get the fitting redone from someone else. The quality is good and they are very comfortable for this price.
You can PM me if you want their number. I think he can deliver it your home here.

Tomorrow my car would be going for its first service after covering 700kms perfectly.
Please let me know what all things I should keep in mind.
Also I plan to do following, please advice:
1) Get an anti rust coating on her belly. Mondovi is quoting Rs2500.
2) I got the car from bimal but looking at the service horror stories with Mvtec here, I am planning to go to Mondovi in JP nagar. Please let me know if it is ok and what should I keep in mind. Do you know any good service adviser there?

Anything else I missed, please let me know

Regards,
Anand

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 20th December 2010 at 21:31. Reason: Please use the EDIT function instead of posting back-to-back posts within 20 minutes. Thanks.
Old 20th December 2010, 20:42   #40
BHPian

HI Team,
I got my car's 1st service done on Saturday by Mandovi motors.
paid Rs 715 for Oil change of 2.9 ltrs and 2420 for Anti Rust coating. I only allowed the guys to wash the car with water spray. No shampoo / wiping as I do not want swirl marks on the body . Later When I brought the car back home I washed it myself with chamios cloth. Did not want any one mess with it. Basic checks done.
One young donkey in my apartment gave a finger long scar on my tiger in front bumper with his cycle's front wheel while driving inside my parking lot. This did not stop his crazyness and he did one on the rear boot door as well. I got so mad looking at those marks but gulped this pain on my beauty as I had no proof of who did it. Security got a earful along with other kids who drive their cycles here. Really it is pain to see this when you are driving fine in this traffic without any scratches and someone does this inside the parking lot which is considered safe. Some other people also reported this issue with their cars as well.
Mandovi guys only were able to put a touchup paint (plain white color) as they said the mark is not that long for a spray work to be done with original color but surely it was not a plain scratch either, but a bit deep one.
Need to put some barrier / security alarm for this maniac.
Old 20th December 2010, 21:03   #41
BHPian

Quote:
HI Team,
I got my car's 1st service done on Saturday by Mandovi motors.
paid Rs 715 for Oil change of 2.9 ltrs and 2420 for Anti Rust coating. I only allowed the guys to wash the car with water spray. No shampoo / wiping as I do not want swirl marks on the body . Later When I brought the car back home I washed it myself with chamios cloth. Did not want any one mess with it. Basic checks done.
One young donkey in my apartment gave a finger long scar on my tiger in front bumper with his cycle's front wheel while driving inside my parking lot. This did not stop his crazyness and he did one on the rear boot door as well. I got so mad looking at those marks but gulped this pain on my beauty as I had no proof of who did it. Security got a earful along with other kids who drive their cycles here. Really it is pain to see this when you are driving fine in this traffic without any scratches and someone does this inside the parking lot which is considered safe. Some other people also reported this issue with their cars as well.
Mandovi guys only were able to put a touchup paint (plain white color) as they said the mark is not that long for a spray work to be done with original color but surely it was not a plain scratch either, but a bit deep one.
Need to put some barrier / security alarm for this maniac.
Oh thats so painful friend. In fact am also having issues with the kids in my apartment. Regarding the scratches, I would suggest you have a try with com-paint. Com-paint works well on white VDi. I have done a couple of jobs on mine.
Old 20th December 2010, 21:17   #42
BHPian

Thanks Pal,
Please let me know the details of this paint asap.
Old 26th December 2010, 15:09   #43
BHPian

Hi Team,
My car just finished its 1000kms or its 1st Birthday on mountains - towards hognekal.She was purr-fect in all my expectations with a car. Low on noise and good on mileage with no compromise on power in steep hills. It was me who was not using the cars abilities, at times on these areas, resulting in little low mileage of 16kmpl this time. No rattles so far. Also her engine noise I feel is bit smooth now after first service oil change.
I am planning to get a car cover for her to protect her from kids in my apartment. Members let me know if it is good to use car cover? and also is MGA cover a good one? suggest an alternative if it is not.

Just pampering her with Turtle wax wash and polish. Learning a better way with the help of experts here like mkh, sohail99, Roy.s, akshay_b and crazydiablo.
Old 26th December 2010, 21:57   #44
BHPian

HI Team,
just a small correction in above post. The mileage of the car is 19kmpl in city + mountain + highway drive.
Old 27th December 2010, 10:06   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Pal,
Please let me know the details of this paint asap.
You can go to Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, aerosol spray paint, supplier of spray paint,spray, spray paint, touchup, touch-up, aerosol spray paint manufacturers, spray paint,Touchup, Touch-up Spray, Spray Bottle, aerosol spray paint manufacturer, com-paint manuf. You can order the touch up online there. Make sure you have a tin of thinner also with you, so that if you do something wrong, you can undo by using it. It works very good for small scratches. I am not sure about the long term reliability as I've done it a month back only. Till date, no signs of fading or patch formation. Mine is also a White VDi of May 2010 make. I will try to post some pics soon.

Most Viewed