Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2011, 17:37   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: My White Maruti Swift VDi (ABS)

Great review anand, i am also planning for a Swift vdi although a used one in March. And you are driving the color I luv i know bhp is filled with white vdi's.

Just wanted to check, hows the luggage space? How many bags have you been able to fit in one of your trips. Mine will be more in city as highway drives are a little limited to 1 in couple of months.
Old 11th February 2011, 08:19   #62
BHPian

Quote:
I went to nandi hills recently and found that if you keep the rpm high and then upshift you should not face any issues with the turbo lag.

Cheers
Thanks schaudhry, probably you are right, but I need to check that on the hills again to see if that works or I was stupid to drive it incorrectly.

Quote:
Great review anand, i am also planning for a Swift vdi although a used one in March. And you are driving the color I luv i know bhp is filled with white vdi's.

Just wanted to check, hows the luggage space? How many bags have you been able to fit in one of your trips. Mine will be more in city as highway drives are a little limited to 1 in couple of months.
Thanks motomaverick,
If you maintain white properly using correct washing instructions, pearl white color is the most graceful and modfriendly color you shall find.
As per the luggage goes, it gulps up 1 big suitcase and an airbag or 2 small suitcase and 2 small airbags- sufficient for a small family. You should see the car bootspace in real to gauge how it would fit the stuff you want to.
Make sure that the car you plan to buy should be 2008 or later model as that has better quality in terms of materials used everywhere.

Last edited by Anandg : 11th February 2011 at 08:29.
Old 16th February 2011, 08:04   #63
BHPian

Hi Team,
Finished mysore trip few days back. Covered a distance of 600kms (since last refill) and car performed very well with a mileage of 20kmpl on 70% highway and 30% city drive. I have started noticing more of the rpm dropping when 1 upshift from 1st to 2nd gear. Not sure if it is that infamous turbo lag or its just my driving skills that is upsetting the car or any issue with cars heart. Need to involve Messiah of Swift aka @Jaggu Da to enlighten via his wisdom. Experts of swift are welcome to shower their point of view / suggestions as well.

Last edited by Anandg : 16th February 2011 at 08:09.
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:35   #64
BHPian

Lord of swift aka Jaggu shared his wisdom with me . Now I am happy that I need to keep revvs of the car little high when upshifting in hilly regions to prevent it from loosing steam and tempo while climbing. The rpms should be above 2000+ and increasing before an attempt to upshift to 2nd is made. I shall follow this on my next trip and see the results.
Old 22nd February 2011, 18:02   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
Lord of swift aka Jaggu .
GOOD one and true .
I will also suggest you, when you up shift , try to make sure when the 2nd gear engages, the rpm is near the 2 k mark So what i mean is that , say your car is in first gear and has reached 2k mark, so if you upshift then , you will see when the 2nd gear engages the rpm will drop around 1.5 k mark and will pick from there.
So try to upshift so that the rpm stays around 2k mark .

Hope i was able to make myself understood .

Cheers
Old 23rd February 2011, 06:52   #66
BHPian

Tnx @Schoudhury for clarifying further. I am eagerly awaiting my next hilly trip with my tiger to test all suggestions.
Old 2nd March 2011, 13:12   #67
BHPian

Did a 60kms trip to shivaganga from bangalore. The roads were really super after yeshwantpur. Enjoyed driving the car at 120kms for few min. No difference felt in power with 5 onboard.
Old 19th March 2011, 16:19   #68
BHPian

I got my tiger new shoes and upgraded them to Michelins 185/70/r14. Looks and feels gr8. and also got a good deal as well. I am sure my car is loving it too.
Old 19th March 2011, 23:43   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got my tiger new shoes and upgraded them to Michelins 185/70/r14. Looks and feels gr8. and also got a good deal as well. I am sure my car is loving it too.
Thats great.
Did change to alloys also or only rubbers.
Let us know some more about the deal that you got , i m also look out for new rubbers for my ride.
If possible post some pictures .

Cheers
Old 22nd March 2011, 14:39   #70
BHPian

HI @Schoudhury,
Sure. I will post pics tomorrow.
I have only changed tyres and not alloys due to lack of vitamin M and that not being my high priority as of now.
Difference felt in terms of ride quality which is more cushioned and less tyre sound.
My ride had only covered 2500kms when I got them changed. Let me know kms covered by yours.
Old 2nd April 2011, 17:15   #71
BHPian

Was noticing for past few days that the steering is not behaving the way it should be . I have to turn it towards right by 5 degree to ensure the car travels in straight line. But if steering is straight then car veers towards left. Suspect alignment issue after the tyre update that I recently did.
Will go to Madhus on monday to get this sorted out.
Old 2nd April 2011, 18:17   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HI @Schoudhury,
Sure. I will post pics tomorrow.
The pictures are still pending

Quote:
Was noticing for past few days that the steering is not behaving the way it should be . I have to turn it towards right by 5 degree to ensure the car travels in straight line. But if steering is straight then car veers towards left. Suspect alignment issue after the tyre update that I recently did.
Will go to Madhus on monday to get this sorted out.
When you got the rubbers changed did they do any balancing etc.
Also if you car has already completed 5k kms i think its time to get the alignment also done.
Keep us posted .
Cheers
Old 2nd April 2011, 18:40   #73
BHPian

They did the balancing as well. I paid 50 bucks to the guy ;(. My car has only covered 2700Kms due to my travelling outside city this month.
Old 8th April 2011, 04:02   #74
BHPian

Did a quick run on amazing roads to vellore today. The 220kms stretch is drivers delight.
You can let your cars stretch its legs to max.My swifty had a great time with its new shoes. I took some turns on elevated expressway on between the tolls at 90kmph and car stuck brilliantly on road. The only sore point on the expressway is toll points which would fleece you for approx Rs 350. I wonder where my tax money is going when we pay extra money for every thing?
While on my return when I was crossing the elevated expressway connected EC to silkboard, I encountered another set of greedy monsters aka traffic police with their bribe guns. They stopped me telling that I was driving at 85kmph ignoring the fact that I was the slowest amoung the other drivers who were zipping past me with 100+kmph. He asked for a bribe of 200 in case i want to avoid a ticket of 300. I gave him 150 and went away avoiding argument as I was with family and had to reach destination early.
I know i did a stupid thing but thats best you can do when you are standing in front of worlds most corrupt policemen. I wish Anna hazare and Lok ayukta a long life and may they succeed in their crusades.
Old 14th April 2011, 00:56   #75
BHPian

Went to airport last night with 6 people on board all with good health. This is what I like about swift.. no hump kissing and no considerable powerloss. But yes space constraint to keep more than 3 suitcase was felt. Also the seat belt buckles do irritate the person sitting in middle in rear seat. Need to search an alternate for the same -- a cover like something.

Saw an accident just before the airport where a sonata hit the barrier just 2 min before we arrived at the airport. That car was in a bad shape. I pray for those who would have got hurt.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks