Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2011, 15:56   #76
BHPian

Re: My White Maruti Swift VDi (ABS)

Friends,
My tiger that has covered only 3700kms is due for 2nd free service this weekend. Kindly suggest what all things I should keep in mind.
Old 16th May 2011, 15:17   #77
BHPian

Got my car serviced on Saturday.
Charges : 0

The did basic stuff like oil top up -- coolant and engine oil. Also shampoo top up for wiper. Cleaned brake pads. Asked them to check for a taanky noise that comes when i cross a hump on front right side. They lubed it and it seems better now. Lets see if it comes back. Asked them to clean car with water jet only. No touching as I did in first service as well, as I wash the car with correct shampoo at home only. Also asked them to clean AC blower with air jet and was shocked to see so much dust stuck to the blades, thanks to dust and shabby BBMP + contractors work in Bangalore every where. Now the blower has become silent again.
Service experience was good as they allowed me to be with car. Also the supervisor was friendly and cooperative. They also did some basic touch ups for free, Would recommend Mondovi Motors in JP nagar to anyone based on my experience so far.

Last edited by Anandg : 16th May 2011 at 15:33.
Old 16th May 2011, 15:35   #78
Senior - BHPian

Anand.
5k/6 months service is basically a checkup service, nothing much.
Also i guess you have not crossed 5k mark yet, so will suggest once you do that, get the wheel alignment and balancing done .

Also how are the new set of tyres doing .
Post some snaps of your ride .

Cheers.
Old 16th May 2011, 17:00   #79
BHPian

Thanks Schoudhry for the advice. I will surely do that.
These days have been bit busy with the job and hence could not post the pics of the car. But I promise to do in next 2 days and shall PM you once i do them.

And yes the tyres are really good as they suppress noise to good extent and make ride less bumpy on bad roads (or normal roads u can say here ;( ). I found grip levels to be very good on turns at high speeds of 90+.
Old 25th May 2011, 11:43   #80
BHPian

A day before yesterday , My car got a thick long scratch just above the exhaust pipe.
Not sure if the same donkey did it or I got it in traffic. It really pains when you see your car getting hurt for no fault of yours. Need to patch that up now.
Car if doing good as of not and no squeaks or rattles so far. Just awaiting time for a long trip outside humdrum of the city.
Old 27th June 2011, 14:04   #81
BHPian

Car running good till now. It is amazing to drive it at 100kmph. No sound with Michleans and good grip. At 5th gear and 90-100km on odo car is super silent, not to mention the pleasure of turbo riding the driver enjoys. Pioneer keeps guests entertained with its hertz mouth, and thankfully car is free from rattles so far (even if they would have been there, do i have any other option?). Service from maruti (read mondovi motors JP nagar) is very good.
Now I am looking for long rides for no reason.
Old 27th June 2011, 14:40   #82
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your car.

seems we bought the car almost at the same time. mine was delivered on nov 5th.
Old 27th June 2011, 14:54   #83
BHPian

wow. I got mine on 18th nov. But its only 4years old(4100kms traveled). I am really looking forward for a long trip now.

Last edited by Anandg : 27th June 2011 at 15:08.
Old 14th July 2011, 17:46   #84
BHPian

On sunday, went for trip to yelagiri and Michelin tyres showed their true potential. No noise and solid grip even at 120kmph. Also while reversing one stone hit the front plastic wall of the tyre slot (not sure what it is called but it is part of bumper facing tyre). It got misaligned. Need to get that repaired. Rest is cool and turbo rocks.
Old 30th August 2011, 17:23   #85
BHPian

Hi Team,
I recently made a short trip to Monestary in Bylakuppe with swift and except speed breakers enjoyed the road. Also came across lots and lots of idiots (as ceat tyre ad says) and was happy to see ABS does its job well. Of late noticed a bit more noise in car from engine (no rattles so far). Any inputs? May be its me but can be anything else which experts can point out.

Forgot to add, when anna ji was breaking his fast in delhi, I was giving bribe to a cop in mysore as I jumped a signal. Would never ever do both again!
Thanks

Last edited by Anandg : 30th August 2011 at 17:25.
Old 7th October 2011, 22:47   #86
BHPian

Check the adjustment of the valves, Anandg & also check your oil level.
AvinashV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 11:41   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Check the adjustment of the valves, Anandg & also check your oil level.

Thanks Avinash,
My car is due for 3rd service in November. I shall get that checked. As of now I am getting 18kmpl mileage in 80:20 city:highway drives.
Old 11th November 2011, 14:35   #88
BHPian

Hi team,
I have my third service due in next few days. Kindly let me know what all things I have to keep in mind. Also let me know if I should opt for royal sundram insurance which is default or look outside? Please recommend the name of hassel free insurer asap.

Thanks
Old 12th November 2011, 11:49   #89
BHPian

Hi friends,
Apart from above query, do let me know if i should also change the oil to synthetic one like mobil 1. I am planning to give my car for service today itself.
Old 12th November 2011, 18:46   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
Hi team,
I have my third service due in next few days. Kindly let me know what all things I have to keep in mind. Also let me know if I should opt for royal sundram insurance which is default or look outside? Please recommend the name of hassel free insurer asap.

Thanks
Anand
Just ask them to do only the stuff mentioned in the service booklet and nothing extra.
I feel you can continue using the normal oil.
Regarding insurance see if u get better qoute from others,otherwise doesnt make sense to switch.
Hope it helps
Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks