Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2010, 19:18   #1
BHPian

VENT(O)ed out because I needed a (T)JET

FLASHBACK:

Year 2005: Joined a new company, the need for 2 cars in the house prompted me to look for a new car. The other car in the house was a Zen. Swift had recently been released and test drove it and immediately booked it. I had booked the Zxi Model and the waiting period was over 5 months. Waited for almost 1 and half months and then the dealer told a further 3-4 weeks delay can happen. Somehow my patience ran out, cancelled the car booking and since I did not want anything other than Maruti, blindly booked the Baleno Lxi. Got the car in 1 week. Though it was the second choice car, began to like it and loved the car.

PRESENT:

Year 2010: Still in the same company, in between sold the Zen and bought a i10 AT. Was very happy with the Baleno but somewhere in the corner of my mind wanted to sell because it was more than 5 years old and had run 80,000 kms. Apart from its ground clearance frustrating me, there was nothing I could complain of. But the encouragement to sell and buy a new car came from unknown quarters, my family !! It was almost like doctor's prescription to me and decided to sell the car off, though it did not make much financial sense. After the decision was made, just mentioned this to my friend who also runs the MASS that I serviced my car. I had put the ad on team-bhp and carwale the next day. That evening itself my friend called me up and told me he has a few customers. Went to talk to them and before I could realize what was happening, the handshake had happened and the car was gone !!!!! I was without a car and got my father-in-law's car for my use.

As soon as my mind was inclined on a new car, had started scouting for cars.

The first in the list was the VW Vento. Went to a test drive. Immediately liked and had made up my mind that this would be my car, since I used to own a VW Jetta back in USA. I don’t want to mention much about its pros and cons as it has been discussed at length.

Then somewhere I felt I need a family vehicle. So that brought Scorpio into picture. Went to the dealer to TD. In the showroom saw the Xylo and its interiors. Was very impressed with it. First went for Scorpio TD. It was good feeling to be able to see the road at such a height. The mHawk was impressive. But the diesel vibrations, diesel noise, very less 3rd row seating, body roll were the negatives in my mind. Then went on a TD on Xylo. The start of the engine and the engine noise made the Scorpio feel like a petrol sedan in front of it. The interior comfort was too good but the huge body roll and the engine vibration/noise was a huge let off. So went from the dealer that Scorpio will be my next vehicle.

A few days were spent discussing and deliberations with the family. Finally concluded that for my kind of use and the number of times we go together for long trips, a SUV is not worth it. Mostly it will be wife and kids and very rarely parents and sister's family. So was back to square one, Vento without alternatives.

Went to the VW showroom, got the quote, finance deals, the waiting time. It was over 5 months. Reminded me of 2005. I had read the news of the T-Jet and a few of my friends had suggested me to TD it. I somehow was not very convinced on Fiat support and in general its future in India. Though they had good products, company was suffering. And more importantly I did not want to repeat the same as 2005 and cancel the booking and buy a car of second choice. But pulled myself to go check out the T-Jet. Went to Prerana Motors in Lalbagh Road for a TD. The initial impression and the feature list was impressive. The start of the engine and acceleration literally floored me. It was a TD on the busy JC road and surroundings and yet it made me happy. Asked him to get the car to my house(in Yelahanka) and drove it on the highway to BIA and some bumpy roads. After that Vento was slowing venting out my mind. Took my family to a Vento TD again and finally made a decision. I VENT(O)ed out because I needed a (T)JET !!!!!

November 16:
Booked a Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus, sunbeam biege color. The waiting period was 2-3 weeks since the color was not available. Started the car finance process and my "personal" finance for the down payment.

November 22:
Got a call from the dealer that the car has arrived and payment process to be completed for registration. Told the Sales guy that I will arrange my own insurance and asked him to put the following accessories:
1) Mud flap - 525(free)
2) Linea Mats - 1003
3) Sill plates - 325
4) Boot Mats - 625

The next day all payment formalities completed.

November 24:
Researched for Insurance and finally got the best deal with Tata AIG. The deal was done in 1 hour. Saved 3500 from the dealer provided insurance. Received a copy by night.

November 25:
Sent the insurance copy to dealer and the registration process started.

FUTURE:
Will be taking the delivery tomorrow and will update everyone with the photos and initial report etc etc.

P.S:- This will be the same post in multiple forums. So member of both the forums bear with the repetation
Old 25th November 2010, 19:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice writeup Madhukar! Congrats on the Civilian Jet. Please post a detailed ownership report!

Good to see yet another T-Jet from Bangy!
Old 25th November 2010, 20:05   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
November 24:
Researched for Insurance and finally got the best deal with Tata AIG. The deal was done in 1 hour. Saved 3500 from the dealer provided insurance. Received a copy by night.

November 25:
Sent the insurance copy to dealer and the registration process started.
Many congrats, just my one cent, did you got the NCB (No Claim Bonus) for your insurance?
Old 25th November 2010, 20:06   #4
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Madhukar. A very nice write up which has raised my expectations for a fully-blown ownership report.

Your "personal" financed "personal-jet" is here to own. I am sure you will enjoy the fabulous car.
Old 25th November 2010, 20:18   #5
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Madhukar. Perfect upgrade from a Baleno. Do you feel the turbo lag in high traffic conditions ?
Old 25th November 2010, 21:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car. The T-jet is a perfect upgrade for an enthusiast. Post some pics. Drive Safe
Old 25th November 2010, 22:34   #7
BHPian

congrats on getting the jet,
the t-jet surely seems to be helping more and more Linea's fly off from the dealerships.
wish you a trouble-free ownership.
Old 25th November 2010, 22:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

Madhu: Are you taking the car from Prerana - Lalbagh road? At what time?
Old 25th November 2010, 22:47   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Madhu: Are you taking the car from Prerana - Lalbagh road? At what time?
No from Rajajinagar.
After lunch.. around 2
Old 26th November 2010, 00:19   #10
BHPian

congrats on the Tjet.

waiting for the photos.

Anvancy
Old 26th November 2010, 10:07   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the T-jet. The first Sun Beam Beige on Teambhp i guess.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the T-jet, in the mean time have a blast of a time till u get the delivery of the car.
Old 26th November 2010, 10:15   #12
BHPian

@madhukar- Incidently I checked on the mud flaps in the showroom, they are aftermarket ones which is screwed from outside to the bumper. meaning they make holes to fix it. And the Text read "For Linea",the rubber was hard.

I straight away told them to cancel ALL the freebies (except the gift package). Even the sunfilm quality is not up to the mark, I mean the ones in my Palio have become blurry now, they were the freebies ones. M planning go for the V-Kool in T-Jet.

Anyways, lets plan a T-Jet meet next weekend, with some photographies, chit chats, gup-shups,.

BTW I saw one hip-hop black T-jet today near kundalahalli. I got a funny thought seeing that car. I mean when I first I saw the 205 tyres before checking the pack, and I literally thought that he is one idiot like me who loves to upgrade the tyres. This guy must be thinking that his car looks like a T-Jet...

Then I saw that car zomming a little faster than the normal traffic after the signal turned green, I was clueless.

Lately I checked the bonnet which read 'T-Jet'.. I was like O .. o, Aw and WOW !..

The characteristics of that driving style was screaming out the situation the driver was in during the run-in period. It was evident that he was unable to drive it slow.
Old 26th November 2010, 10:34   #13
BHPian

@SpeedPujari - Sure we can have a meet.
Regarding the mud flaps, i called up and talked to the accessories guy and according to them the moulded flaps will be available in 2 to 3 months. so will have to wait for it.
i did not know about it being drilled to the bumper and i have already told him to fix it. :-(
it does not look good, but i guess since it is not rainy season i could have told him to fix it.
I have asked him not to fit anything else including the sun film.
Old 26th November 2010, 10:47   #14
BHPian

Congratulations. The sun beam beige will look awesome on the T-Jet.

A lot has been said about the VW dealer attitude and the endless waiting periods. With other choices available such as the T-Jet & City, a lot of buyers would not mind VENTing out the Vento.
Old 26th November 2010, 10:58   #15
BHPian

Hello Madhukar,

Congratulations on T-Jet. A perfect upgrade from the Baleno.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks