Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2011, 09:25   #106
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

XVII- Accessories contd. Dealer Accessories Snaps - Not the Official ones

XVII - Accessories contd. - Dealer Accessories Snaps are pasted below, these are not the official ones. Do not have the pricing as yet.

1) The side step though finished well, seems old age in styling, hope Tata comes up with something better.

2) The rear Spoiler - Was not fitted the way an original accessory would be, and seemed a bit rough in terms of finish though would be cheaper than the offical part.

3) The DVD screens behind head rest are connected to Aux in of the system and were fitted well, of course the plum colour in the head restraint goes with this installation, but the black colour closely matched that of the seat - enough to look like a original fitment. They give a zipper cover on the screen that is not necessary (pls excuse the bad snap of the same.) - This is the only one out of these three unoffical accessories that I may consider for picking up.

The Dealer was Wasan at Chembur. These were fitted on to a White Aria ready for delivery.

I guess this would only interest Aria owners - presently quite a limited number.
Attached Thumbnails
TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-04022011312.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-04022011313.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-04022011314.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-04022011315.jpg  

ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2011, 11:52   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: XVII- Accessories contd. Dealer Accessories Snaps - Not the Official ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
1) The side step though finished well, seems old age in styling, hope Tata comes up with something better.

2) The rear Spoiler - Was not fitted the way an original accessory would be, and seemed a bit rough in terms of finish though would be cheaper than the offical part
@ACM, good sidestep design there
Importantly, unlike mine, there are no deep grooves in the sidestep, which means that cleaning becomes very easy. In my case, because of the deep grooves, I have to struggle very often to clean out dirt residues from within the grooves.

Waiting to see long shots of your car with the rear spoilers.
Old 7th February 2011, 14:06   #108
BANNED

re: TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!

IMHO, the spoiler does not look good on the aria. The type of spoiler you get on the new scorpio would look better. i think this one looks out of place and so does the step.
If i am right, the aria is kind of a 'walk in' car rather than a 'climb in' one.
So, the step is unnecessary according to me.
Old 8th February 2011, 10:00   #109
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

re: TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!

DMehta

Though the Aria is a walk in type of car for most - especially for the younger breed.

But the higher ground clearance, and good vertical leg room for the seats does have a trade off - for older people a side step would help. Have noticed that my mom and day do take a bit of effort getting off and on.

That said am not impressed with the dealer option side step, and the official list of accessories does not list a side step presently.
Old 8th February 2011, 11:45   #110
BHPian

^^
Side step looks like a old design like the ages of Sumo or Qualis. Really a bad fit for ARIA !
Spoiler is almost like the one [after market] I sometimes see on Swift. I think, ARIA should have something like Safari or Innova that doesnt leave a gap b/w the body and spoiler, then, it would be good, I think [not able to visualize much].

Prem.
Old 8th February 2011, 15:07   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

ACM I somehow feel the spoiler is looking out place. It looks like an after market add on.

The side step looks good.
Old 8th February 2011, 19:11   #112
Senior - BHPian

Maybe roof rails might go well with the spoiler. Just a hunch.
Old 9th February 2011, 10:35   #113
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Mooza

There are no roof rails available currently - neither in the offical list nor with the dealer list. I feel roof rails would add to the looks of the Aria signifcantly. light golden silver would be the best colour for a roof rail.

nkishap the spoiler is out of place, due to it's design, a properly designed would would look good, maybe the offical version of which I yet do not have the snap will meet the requirement.
Old 14th February 2011, 09:46   #114
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Hello ACM,
Have been following this thread since the beginning. Apologies for reminding you. But can you please post snaps of the interior illumination that you had mentioned somewhere at the beginning of the thread. Just curious to see how it looks in the night
Amit
Hi Amit

Got the night snaps of the Interiors out here for you. Nope did not get access to my DSLR as yet it's just the Panasonic FZ30. Realized later that I should have taken a few from the back seat as well of the entire dash - Will leave that for some other day.

Have taken some snaps later in dim light to get the outlines of the buttons and have also added some of the screen, though that can be a lenghty shoot by itself if one tries to explain the satnav or the bluetoot function in details.
Attached Thumbnails
TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050816.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050817.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050818.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050819.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050820.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050821.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050822.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050826.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050828.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050830.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050831.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050832.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050833.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050841.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050842.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050843.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050846.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050848.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050834.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050835.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050836.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050837.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050838.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050839.jpg  

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-p1050840.jpg  

Attached Images

ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2011, 13:49   #115
Senior - BHPian

@ACM:

Nice pictures there. I have heard from a mechanic a few days ago that in Traction control cars the air pressure should be carefully maintained as if a tyre is low on air than the ECU will sense the higher traction and feed more power to that tyre. Is this true for your vehicle and other TC vehicles?
Old 14th February 2011, 14:03   #116
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ACM. My reminder during the NAB rally has worked The illumination looks great.
Old 14th February 2011, 14:18   #117
Senior - BHPian

ACM nice pics.

Can you explain more on the features in the headlight rotary switch. I understand the zero position, park/pilot lamps, and headlamps.

But whats that highbeam with ^ symbol? Does it symbolize the secondary lamps? moreover, your switch is pointing towards that, and does that mean if you can either use those lamps or the headlights?

Is it anywhere similar to the ones found in the Volvo/Merc buses, three normal features - 0, pilot, headlamp on and on depressing the rotary knob once, the fog lamps are switched on. So is aria's system similar to it?

I believe Aria has projector lamps and a HID or filament. So correct me if iam wrong, the projectors serve the low beam and the filament is for the high beams.

Thanks!
Old 14th February 2011, 14:41   #118
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
@ACM:
Nice pictures there. I have heard from a mechanic a few days ago that in Traction control cars the air pressure should be carefully maintained as if a tyre is low on air than the ECU will sense the higher traction and feed more power to that tyre. Is this true for your vehicle and other TC vehicles?
That is indeed a line of thinking. Today a lot of the higher end vehicles come with Traction control systems, be it 2WD or 4WD. The way tyre pressure is sensed in the Laura is through the difference in rotation circumference in an under inflated or over inflated tyre vs a normal tyre. One needs to get the tyres upto the correct tyre pressure in any car and any major abnormality will imply unsafe driving. There are also cars with sensors in each rim that give the exact pressure in each tyre.

Though I have not read this in the manual or hear elsewhere it could believed that in the Aria too the TC will compensate if there is a major abnormality and this condition should not be carried on for long but this would not happen for minor differences. Infact even tyre pressure sensors do not report a minor difference in pressure from the set pressure. Ofcourse no company will divulge how exactly the TC/ESP operation is carried out in their particular car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
ACM nice pics.
Can you explain more on the features in the headlight rotary switch. I understand the zero position, park/pilot lamps, and headlamps.

But whats that highbeam with ^ symbol? Does it symbolize the secondary lamps? moreover, your switch is pointing towards that, and does that mean if you can either use those lamps or the headlights?

Is it anywhere similar to the ones found in the Volvo/Merc buses, three normal features - 0, pilot, headlamp on and on depressing the rotary knob once, the fog lamps are switched on. So is aria's system similar to it?

I believe Aria has projector lamps and a HID or filament. So correct me if iam wrong, the projectors serve the low beam and the filament is for the high beams.

Thanks!
In the Aria the top left postion is the Auto position where the low beam lights are automatically started in conditions of darkness and when entering a tunnel etc. I keep the knob in that position by default. This also switches on the interior illumination and reverses the instrumentation and screen lighting automatically for night time visibility.

To its right - clockwise - is the "0" - Off position

To its right - clockwise - is the parking / dim lights position.

To its right - clockwise - is the all lights on position - Where the low beam is on by default and by moving the stearing stalk one can get the high beam. Also in this position if one pulls on the knob outwards once it sets to front fog lamps position and pulling twice one get the rear fog light on in addtion to the front ones that remain on.

This is just like in the Skoda, VW, Audi and Merc, with a slight rearrangement of the order of the Auto and Off position. The volvo order that you mention seems to imply one pushes the knob inwards rather than outwards.

All positions are additionally indicated in the front instrumentation.

the Low beam is the one with projectors, high beam is normal halogens.
Old 14th February 2011, 18:57   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
That is indeed a line of thinking. Today a lot of the higher end vehicles come with Traction control systems, be it 2WD or 4WD. The way tyre pressure is sensed in the Laura is through the difference in rotation circumference in an under inflated or over inflated tyre vs a normal tyre. One needs to get the tyres upto the correct tyre pressure in any car and any major abnormality will imply unsafe driving. There are also cars with sensors in each rim that give the exact pressure in each tyre.
But 1-2 PSI of reduction in tyre pressure (assume 3 have 30 psi and one has 28 psi) could make a lot of difference. And I donot think there is any abnormality that an ECU senses? Yes, if an ECU is designed in such a way that it senses the low or high pressure tyre and than accordingly distributes the power\torque to each wheel than I think it's manageable to drive under acceptable safety limits. But, again I doubt if ARIA has this much Intelligent ECU?

BTW, does ARIA comes with tyre pressure indicators?

Last edited by mercedised : 14th February 2011 at 18:58.
Old 14th February 2011, 20:59   #120
BHPian

@ACE
Did you upgrade the lights with relay and wiring kit? or is stock lighting adequate to drive on highways ?

If upgraded then which wiring kit/relay & bulb did you use.

I should be getting the delivery of my Aria in a day or two, hence the
question.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks