Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2012, 22:35   #271
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

re: TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijuiser View Post
Are you satisfied with the illumination from the pair of stock 55 watt bulbs? Did you opt for any upgrade or see any changes made in the other cars at the Full Throttle event. I recently did a bit of highway night-driving last week in my Aria and felt the need for better lights. Would like to hear you experience.
Nope has stayed with stock lights and yes we can feel that they should be better.

THE LOGIC USED BELOW WILL SEEM A BIT STRANGE BUT I SUGGEST ONE DECIDE BASED ON THE RISK QUOTENT

Feel that if one has Pure or Pleasure models one should upgrade for sure and the risk to electronics warranty is worth the better illumination and possibly this could be done even for Prestige by some depending on how they feel about the electronics warranty. But for those with Pride 4X4 the risk of voiding the electronics warranty is just not worth it. There is some pretty expensive elctronics that can fail for other reasons (not the lights themselves) but the fact that one has installed aftermarket stuff with aftermarket wiring (which will be essential) would void the warranty and I this the risk is not worth taking. I will possibly upgrade to better lights with addtional relays after the 3rd or 4th year with the warranty not applicable. then am already in my 3rd year so it will relatively not be too long. Possibly will then also plonk in a subwoofer and an Amp.

The Pure or Pleasure models don't have Airbags, Automatic Wipers, lights, Satnav, reverse camera etc and though they may not be impacted by the modification to the lights themselves I just do not think it is wise to take the risk in the fully loaded Prestige and Pride models
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 15:04   #272
BHPian

Re: 46000 - kms - Got dent painted - Blower replaced under warranty - Trip Planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The trip starts on 27th Sep Evening from Mumbai and one can return back by the 4th October.

If anyone else from TBHP does plan on going for this trip pls do send me a PM.
Looks like I stayed off TBHP for too long. I was planning to do this trip too but then chickened out at the last minute. Had I known you too were doing this would have definitely joined in. :-)

And to top it I did a Coorg / Kabini holiday before Diwali but flew rather than drive.

Good to know you had a good time, inspite of the gear box failure.

Cheers

Last edited by sahakar : 22nd November 2012 at 15:21.
Old 23rd November 2012, 08:06   #273
BHPian

re: TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!

How does the perimetric alarm work in aria? Will it alert if we open up the car with the key without unlocking it via remote?
Old 23rd November 2012, 15:57   #274
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Looks like I stayed off TBHP for too long. I was planning to do this trip too but then chickened out at the last minute. Had I known you too were doing this would have definitely joined in. :-)

And to top it I did a Coorg / Kabini holiday before Diwali but flew rather than drive.

Good to know you had a good time, inspite of the gear box failure.

Cheers
Would have been great to have some private Aria as company and to meet you. Rest were either safari or press Aria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
How does the perimetric alarm work in aria? Will it alert if we open up the car with the key without unlocking it via remote?
Yep it does. We can then stop it by pressing unlock button.
Old 25th November 2012, 14:13   #275
Senior - BHPian

Just caught Hormazd Sorabjee on Autocar saying early next year Tata is going to launch a performance version of the Aria with bhp upped to 156 from 140 and mated to a 6-speed transmission.
lurker is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 16:19   #276
BHPian

Last week a brand new ZEN Estilo banged into the rear bumper of my parked ARIA while reversing. The ZEN came in so fast and impact made such a big noise that many people rushed to the spot as if it was a big accident. To my surprise- It looked like a miracle that there was not even a single scratch on my rear bumper whereas the Estilo’s bumper received a huge dent, the body color came off and could see the bruised black plastic. Moreover there was a huge panel gap as a clear indication the bumper brackets too got bent/damaged. Total damage was good enough for a bumper replacement. I had nothing to say to the other driver. I am posting the pictures of the damage to ARIA which I could notice only when I was polishing the car, after few days. Now I am not sure if it’s really a miracle or is it the superior quality product. Got one more reason to feel happy about choosing ARIA.

TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-dsc01916.jpg
TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!-dsc01917.jpg
bijuiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 23:28   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
is it the superior quality product. Got one more reason to feel happy about choosing ARIA.
Tata vehicles are "built like trucks". Excluding the niggles, the vehicles are well built. Tata vehicles are heavier and in theory and based on stats, heavier vehicles perform better in accidents. Any time, Tata vehicles are safer than their well built counterparts. 2 days back read in the Malayalam news paper that A Tata Manza skid from the road and fell into a ditch some 50 feet down. Nothing happened to the passengers. at all.
Old 21st January 2013, 18:39   #278
BHPian

Hi ACM

Your comprehensive review helped me taking the plunge and finally bought an Aria Pride last month. Will be posting my review soon. A few queries i wanted to ask you

- there is a "clicking" sound when changing gears from the 5th to the 4th.
- when releasing the clutch during shifting to 3rd or 4th gear there is a "krr" sound ( don't know if it is the infamous "Krr Krr" sound).
- the central locking in the key fob operates only when you are standing very close to the vehicle.

Have you faced any of these problems?
Old 21st January 2013, 19:58   #279
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now I am not sure if it’s really a miracle or is it the superior quality product. Got one more reason to feel happy about choosing ARIA.
Not to burst your bubble, but the exponentially larger damage to the Zen's bumper can be more related to some law of physics depicting forces of movement than the perceived better quality of bumper
manson is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 13:12   #280
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Last week a brand new ZEN Estilo banged into the rear bumper of my parked ARIA while reversing. The ZEN came in so fast and impact made such a big noise. To my surprise- It looked like a miracle that there was not even a single scratch on my rear bumper. Now I am not sure if it’s really a miracle or is it the superior quality product. Got one more reason to feel happy about choosing ARIA.
Guess it was the angle / level of the impact that also affected the zen vs the Aria. I too have had such a rear impact and the only visible sign was a slight mark cased from the inside where the bumper would have hit it's support on the inner side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshith View Post
Hi ACM

Your comprehensive review helped me taking the plunge and finally bought an Aria Pride last month. Will be posting my review soon. A few queries i wanted to ask you

- there is a "clicking" sound when changing gears from the 5th to the 4th.
- when releasing the clutch during shifting to 3rd or 4th gear there is a "krr" sound ( don't know if it is the infamous "Krr Krr" sound).
- the central locking in the key fob operates only when you are standing very close to the vehicle.

Have you faced any of these problems?
Welcome to the gang.

Do report the sound to the service centre. There should be no sounds except a mild click if at all when shifting into gears.

I have had a gear box issue which required replacement. There should be NO krr krr sound at all while shifting or driving.

Yes at times it may be hard to put a gear into slot and that is ok if repressing the clutch allows the same.
Old 7th February 2013, 02:45   #281
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Gave the Aria to the Service centre for repainting the front bumper - the paint came of in a very visible part while they were pressure washing during service. They have picked up and will drop the vehicle. But am not really happy this time round as it is a repeat problem and also because I already made a trip to the service centre to give and collect back the car once to get the work done and it couldn't get done as they decided later to call people from TATA itself to do it. Am going to write to TATA Customer Service regarding this.

The front bumper has already been repainted twice by Dupont guys from TATA itself as the quality of the original paint work itself in that part wasn't fine and I guess the painted came off from the bumper as it was not the original paint to start with.
Old 11th February 2013, 12:13   #282
AAD
BHPian

Hi ACM,

Need your advise. In my Aria Pride 4X4, Tata Motors Workshop @ Worli, Mumbai have replaced the Dual Mass Flywheel with Single Mass Flywheel. They have advised me that all Aria's are now being fitted with Single Mass Flywheel since the DMF is giving problems. Replacement to SMF has resulted in increased noise & a rocking motion in the gear lever at certain speeds, which is most annoying.

Can you confirm if this is indeed the case or I am being led up a Garden path? Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers
Old 19th February 2013, 10:46   #283
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD View Post
Hi ACM,

Need your advise. In my Aria Pride 4X4, Tata Motors Workshop @ Worli, Mumbai have replaced the Dual Mass Flywheel with Single Mass Flywheel. They have advised me that all Aria's are now being fitted with Single Mass Flywheel since the DMF is giving problems. Replacement to SMF has resulted in increased noise & a rocking motion in the gear lever at certain speeds, which is most annoying.

Can you confirm if this is indeed the case or I am being led up a Garden path? Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers
Have had my DMF replaced with DMF last month. Will check again with TATA. The base spec Aria pure comes with SMF.
Old 19th February 2013, 11:43   #284
AAD
BHPian

Thanks for your reply. I already had the DMF replaced once earlier & on 2nd occasion, post the Rann of Kutch rally last month, TM replaced with SMF saying that all vehicles now come equipped with SMF & not DMF due to reliability issues.

Any idea if XUV500 also uses SMF?
Old 19th February 2013, 16:32   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Have had my DMF replaced with DMF last month. Will check again with TATA. The base spec Aria pure comes with SMF.
ACM, was the DMF replaced as part of preventive maintenance / service or due a failure. I am wondering what are signs that I should look for. My Aria is around 50,000 Kms now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks