Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2010, 18:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Polo 1.6 Red Devil...the Germans got the better of me!

With just over 200kms on the odo, you're doing 145kph! That's quite ambitious I guess the 1.6 will easily touch 190kph top speed. The 1.2 is capable of reaching 170.
Old 12th December 2010, 18:37   #32
BHPian

Congrats buddy on the red devil. Sorry for the late wishes.
It looks stunning
Drive Safe
SHK
Old 12th December 2010, 19:30   #33
Senior - BHPian

wow!! for your new jet fighter on wheels. Well touching 145 and more on such a brand new engine is optimistic and adventureous. Anyways since you are least bothered about your FE I am sure you will have a good time with her. Have had a night out with her? how is her headlight power?
ya one more question. does your car got the lane change indication function?
Old 12th December 2010, 23:30   #34
BHPian

Great show Vipin. Looks like you are going to be a hell of a devil on the road! Please consider the common users of the road before giving them an inferiority complex ;-)
Old 13th December 2010, 12:45   #35
BHPian

CAUTION: HIGH SPEED DRIVING IS RISKY. DRIVE SAFE, KNOW YOUR LIMITS, ALWAYS WEAR SEATBELTS AND RESPEST OTHERS ON THE ROAD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
With just over 200kms on the odo, you're doing 145kph! That's quite ambitious I guess the 1.6 will easily touch 190kph top speed. The 1.2 is capable of reaching 170.
Well...when i'm riding her in the right mood, it takes a lot to get me off the virgin babe(pun intended). Actually even i was skeptical driving at such speeds but i gave in to the temptation, so well does this beauty handles!

Anyway, the User Manual has no run in instructions and i believe the new engines being laser cut are not susceptible to frictional damage like earlier. the optimum run in includes varying the speeds & engine RPMs. Also despite such speeds, the engine feels really relaxed being at such low RPMs (compared to 1.2s) and not once does it feels stressed.

Looking forward to taking her to the limit and it doesn't look like she is going to complain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Congrats buddy on the red devil. Sorry for the late wishes.
It looks stunning
Drive Safe
SHK
Thanks shk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
wow!! for your new jet fighter on wheels. Well touching 145 and more on such a brand new engine is optimistic and adventureous. Anyways since you are least bothered about your FE I am sure you will have a good time with her. Have had a night out with her? how is her headlight power?
ya one more question. does your car got the lane change indication function?
Thanks AlphaKilo! Well i have explained my adventurous optimism with the brand new engine above. FE doesn't bother me so i'm looking forward to revving the nuts off her whenever i get a chance.

Night out is on the cards though is yet to happen. The headlights are reasonable but i am contemplating brighter ones, if not going all the way for projector lamps.

Yup, it has lane chane indication function. You lightly press the indicator stalk in the intended direction and it blinks thrice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopoe View Post
Great show Vipin. Looks like you are going to be a hell of a devil on the road! Please consider the common users of the road before giving them an inferiority complex ;-)
When on the road, driving her (in her full glory in sensuous red) gives me horns & a tail. My devilish tint becomes apparent and i leave everyone behind (Audi A4 on the expressway) and even though it's been just a week that we had our 'first night', i start playing rough. NO MERCY!
vipinjoshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2010, 13:02   #36
BHPian

Hey TBians! Went to Select City Walk yesterday night and within 2 minutes of getting out of the parking the car started veering to the right. What was wierd was that from Noida to Delhi it was fine and even the first two minutes of driving out of the parking as well.

It happened suddenly and i checked if i had a flat or low tyre pressure but it wasn't. Then i remembered reading a similar post where the another member experienced the same and it got fine by just restarting the car. I tried it and it got fine as abruptly it happened!

Anyone else faced a similar problem?
Old 13th December 2010, 19:35   #37

My car veers left and has since soon after I bought it. Service guys have no idea and there's no word from VW.

tushar
Old 14th December 2010, 16:50   #38
BHPian

Just got the car fuelled the second time. The FE is 11.28 with 60% City & 40% Highway. Not that it matters, but pretty good for a 1.6 i must say.
Old 14th December 2010, 22:56   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinjoshi View Post
Anyway, the User Manual has no run in instructions and i believe the new engines being laser cut are not susceptible to frictional damage like earlier. the optimum run in includes varying the speeds & engine RPMs.
The manual has info on Run-in. Till 1000kms you have to not go above 3500rpm and 3/4th of the top speed. Then gradually increase your RPMs till 1500kms. After that have a blast
Old 15th December 2010, 10:37   #40
BHPian

Quote:
The manual has info on Run-in. Till 1000kms you have to not go above 3500rpm and 3/4th of the top speed. Then gradually increase your RPMs till 1500kms. After that have a blast
Well, i guess i have to go through the User Manual again. Anyways i was much under 3500 rpm and 75% of the top speed is around 140 so i guess i'm safe!

Looking forward to completing the run-in period
Old 15th December 2010, 18:26   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, i guess i have to go through the User Manual again.
It's given on Pg.223
Old 15th December 2010, 19:55   #42
BHPian

Quote:
It's given on Pg.223
Yup! Just saw it a while back. Drove a little above the prescribed limit (140 instead of 130)
Old 15th December 2010, 21:50   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just got the car fuelled the second time. The FE is 11.28 with 60% City & 40% Highway. Not that it matters, but pretty good for a 1.6 i must say.
Quote:
Yup! Just saw it a while back. Drove a little above the prescribed limit (140 instead of 130)
Projectors? Are you going for the one like the one's modded in swift(angel lamps) or the Euro spec orig. polo lamps? Moreover, I think I read somewhere that High beams are not allowed in projectors/HID's in India. well, Superb has one with high beam too I guess. Well but the other day, I saw a Beamer 7 on NH7, it had both of its projector HID's glowing and while overtaking there was a small filament lamp that was flashing while overtaking serving for high beams. It could be that I was mistaken, but as far as I remember it was a filament lamp only.

Crossing limits once a while is fine as long as that doesnt cause excess wear and tear on the parts.
Old 21st January 2011, 15:03   #44
BHPian

Quote:
I am sure your engine would be fine. I had done a similar 145 kmph during the early days on my Polo 1.6. After 2500 KMs I did a 165 kmph run. There wasn't any impact.

I covered the 950 kms between Kolkata and Vizag in a single day maintaining very high speeds for hours at a go. The car took it in its stride.

This Polo platform and specially the 1.6 is a gem of a car capable of both being a gentleman and a rowdy.
Old 21st January 2011, 16:24   #45
Senior - BHPian

Since you do own both the ritz as well as the polo, can you give a brief comparo? My initial choice was the polo 1.6 way back in may 2010 but no one including the VW reps could confirm its launch so i went ahead and bought the ritz petrol, rather than waiting and speculating its launch. Im really happy with my car but am curious to know what have i missed?? or have i?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks