Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2010, 11:28   #16
BHPian

CONGRATULATIONS my friend for conquering your dream!!!

I guess, instead of going for a change of tyre now, you could possibly use the existing set and later you could add in a alloy with the new set of tyre and trade the stock rim and tyre. Showroom people are big time cheaters when it comes to buying the steel rims and tyres.

Drive safe and live the reality!!! (which was a dream before)
Old 6th December 2010, 11:39   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the white beast.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Scorpio.
Old 6th December 2010, 11:54   #18
BHPian

Congrats buddy, it is one good vehicle you are going to enjoy. Just do some un-learing of your earlier driving style (read: Sedan) and learn to drive the Scorpio way.

Congrats on your purchase and many more happy miles ahead.
Old 6th December 2010, 13:08   #19
BANNED

The door pads and the inner door handles seem to have changed from the earlier versions. Can you post some pics of the front and rear door pads please.
Old 6th December 2010, 13:59   #20
BHPian

Congrats!! I had heard of the test drives from Benny. Good to know that you have got your hands on one! Have a good one.
Old 6th December 2010, 14:14   #21
BHPian

Congrats

Nice looking New White Beast!!!!
Congrats and happy motoring.
Old 6th December 2010, 14:38   #22
BHPian

Wise decision buddy, Congrats.. on your new possession.
Happy Mile Crunching.

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 6th December 2010, 14:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Scorpio_Fan,

Nice Beast in Wonderful Shade.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 7th December 2010, 02:10   #24
NFS
BHPian

Congrats scorpio_fan on your new possession. It was wonderful to read through your thread here on Team-BHP and it had too many surprises for me. Let me explain!

1. My dream of owning a Scorpio is long as yours. Longing to own one from the first sight of Scorpio (date when it was launched).
2. You happened to book a white color, same in consideration here (evaluating white and java brown as color options for my purchase)
3. I am too upgrading from Zen, same pinch
4. Glancing through the Scorpio Delivery pictures, I spotted an old friend! Surprised! I was too. We know each other well (PM me, did not want to disclose identity on a forum)

Thanks Team-BHP! that was really nice.
Old 8th December 2010, 00:31   #25
BHPian

Big thank you to all for the wishes, have been enjoying the drive for the last few days. Here are my initial impressions.

1. I follow the start / stop procedure very well (idling, keeping the RPM and speed in limit)
2. Also the demo person asked to pump the clutch before starting the engine 2-3 times, otherwise the clutch migh be hard. I experienced this and the pumping of clutch helps a bit for smoother clutch and gear shift.
3. Interestingly the fuel indicator level seems to increase every day. I will be happy if this is the case (fuel increases in the tank every day without filling ). Have to visit ASC to get it corrected.

Overall the drive is smooth and i enjoy the drive. Today i fitted the seat covers (G-Sport) and i will post few snaps tomorrow together with door pad which few mwmbers were asking already.

If any one in bangalore want to enquire / purcase you can contact Mr Manjunath of Sireesh (Corporate Sales) 9902029787. He will give you a good deal. You can refer me (Vijay) and he will never forget me because i have troubled him to the maximum

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Congrats Vijay! I am really happy for you, and also glad to be of help in whatever way i could. It was a learning period for me as well.

Thanks for letting me drive the vehicle, and i am mighty impressed. Wishing you a safe and happy ownership experience.
You are welcome benny, this was my pleasure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
Congrats scorpio_fan on your new possession. It was wonderful to read through your thread here on Team-BHP and it had too many surprises for me. Let me explain!

1. My dream of owning a Scorpio is long as yours. Longing to own one from the first sight of Scorpio (date when it was launched).
2. You happened to book a white color, same in consideration here (evaluating white and java brown as color options for my purchase)
3. I am too upgrading from Zen, same pinch
4. Glancing through the Scorpio Delivery pictures, I spotted an old friend! Surprised! I was too. We know each other well (PM me, did not want to disclose identity on a forum)

Thanks Team-BHP! that was really nice.
I got recognized by couple of my friends who otherwise will still be hiding somewhere. Thank you T-BHP.

Scorpio Fan

Last edited by scorpio_fan : 8th December 2010 at 00:37.
Old 9th December 2010, 23:38   #26
BHPian

re: Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold

Dear All,
The beast has clocked ~250 KMs as of today and below are my initial impressions.

What I liked:
1. Ease to handle and road presence - Even if the vehicle is big it is easy to handle even in city traffic.
2. Power delivery in all gears - No need to shift the gears for small speed variations (as compared to my Zen)
3. I enjoy the driving confort, i felt not too bumpy too (may be by expectation is low). When the vehicle is loaded then it is more comfortable. I even sat in the last row when benny was driving and did not felt too much of bounce (may be benny will take the credit )

What i disliked / initial gliches:
1. A little hard clutch, here the pumping of clutch improves the situation but still feel the clutch action is at the very bottom. Have to check with ASC.
2. Fuel level indicator issue, now it has almost touched full tank!
3. Plastic quality is not good.
4. Auto lock on ignition lock is optinal for SLE and enabled for VLX, i did not understand this. But i can get it activated by a visit to ASC, not good!
5. When one door is open and we start driving, VMS comes but in the dash the indicator is not working. Have to get it corrected too from ASC.

I will be visiting ASC this saturday mostly to rectify these issues.

Regards,
Scorpio Fan
Old 12th December 2010, 17:29   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_fan View Post
Hi Everyone,
Finally I became a proud owner of white Scorpio (SLE, White) on December 1st 2010. This was of course a dream come true. From the day Scorpio has launched in 2002, I was fascinated by it looks and performance....
scorpio_fan,

Hearty congratulations on your acquisition of the superb Scorpio!

Like you, I was also always fascinated by its looks, but was put-off by the body roll of the earlier models.

Earlier this year, however, I had the pleasure (and privilege), of driving a friend's SLE mHawk to Goa, same model as yours. A fantastic experience and I fell totally in love with this vehicle. Now I wish I could own one too!

Wish you many thousands of happy and safe kilometers in your Scorpio!

Last edited by Damu : 12th December 2010 at 17:31.
Old 13th December 2010, 13:09   #28

Congrats Scorpio Fan! Scorpio was one of the cars I evaluated (I ended up buying cruze). I really liked it performance. You are right in terms of plastic quality and interiors. For SUV's in that price band i.e. Scorpio and Safari both suffer from bad quality of plastics.
enjoy your ride.
Old 13th December 2010, 16:53   #29
BHPian

Quote:
One error, i was wrong here, the fuel indicator is working fine. I am used to my old car fuel indicator which reads from left to right (left is empty and right is full). Some how in scorpio it is the otherway i dont knwo who designed it . All other indicators read from left to right but only fuel indicator from right to left. Anyway i am getting used to this.

Regards,
Scorpio Fan
Old 13th December 2010, 17:17   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,
The beast has clocked ~250 KMs as of today and below are my initial impressions.

What I liked:
1. Ease to handle and road presence - Even if the vehicle is big it is easy to handle even in city traffic.
2. Power delivery in all gears - No need to shift the gears for small speed variations (as compared to my Zen)
3. I enjoy the driving confort, i felt not too bumpy too (may be by expectation is low). When the vehicle is loaded then it is more comfortable. I even sat in the last row when benny was driving and did not felt too much of bounce (may be benny will take the credit )

1. A little hard clutch, here the pumping of clutch improves the situation but still feel the clutch action is at the very bottom. Have to check with ASC.
3. Plastic quality is not good.
4. Auto lock on ignition lock is optinal for SLE and enabled for VLX, i did not understand this. But i can get it activated by a visit to ASC, not good!-It can be enabled through the Button in the Glove Box,it takes 2 mins,you need to follow the instructions in the Nippon User manual.
5. When one door is open and we start driving, VMS comes but in the dash the indicator is not working. Have to get it corrected too from ASC.
It is like that by default,the Indicator,doesnot glow in mine also,though the VAS works.
I will be visiting ASC this saturday mostly to rectify these issues.

Regards,
Scorpio Fan
My replies in Bold.
Incase you dont have the nippon manual,let me know,i have a soft copy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks