Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2010, 18:50   #31
BHPian

re: Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold

Congratulations on owning your dream car!

The road presence of the 'dream come true' car is always bigger than any other car man. Congrats once again.

Drive Safe.
Old 16th December 2010, 23:32   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
My replies in Bold.
Incase you dont have the nippon manual,let me know,i have a soft copy.
I do have the hard copy with me and i have gone through the steps and seems to be simple. But the show room guy said they will directly program it in EPROM directly but i am not sure. This week-end i will try to do it myself
Anyway can you send the soft copy to me? this would be handy in many cases and i am not sure when i will misplace my hard copy.

Regards,
Scorpio Fan
Old 28th December 2010, 23:39   #33
BHPian

Dear All,
I did a long drive to kerala last week. The beast had done 600 kms so i drove it with atmost care. My maximum speed was 90 with speed varying between 60 - 90. Also did few breaks in between so that engine gets some rest. Overall i got 15.5 km mileage for this journey. There were 4 passengers + my son and enough luggage in the car. All the passengers enjoyed the drive

My observations during the journey

1. there is clink clink sound when i release the clutch fast. This can be heard when the vehicle is idling. I think this is normal right?
2. At around 1800 rpm in all gears i get some vibration. this is noticed at variable speed and only thing i could note is it depends only on RPM. I have to get this checked with ASC.
3. If the roads are bad, then if you drive at 60, you wont notice much jerk. At slower speed the jerks are also more

Scorpio owners please comment on the above 2 issues.

Regards,
Vijay
Old 29th December 2010, 00:04   #34
BHPian

Congratulations on the buy. This has been my dream SUV to own. Enjoy your ride and take care of it.
Old 29th December 2010, 14:40   #35
BANNED

hey man. First of all, your car looks great! White is the bets color for the scorp.
I owned a scorpio VLX, but it got stolen... :(
Anyways, i am planning to buy another one next year... I just wanted to ask you this, why did u opt for the SLE? I think buy stretching your budget a little, you could have got airbags and abs and plus, the scorpio VLX.
Old 29th December 2010, 14:56   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMehta View Post
hey man. First of all, your car looks great! White is the bets color for the scorp.
Anyways, i am planning to buy another one next year... I just wanted to ask you this, why did u opt for the SLE? I think buy stretching your budget a little, you could have got airbags and abs and plus, the scorpio VLX.
SLE has ABS,and only thing it doesnot have is the Airbags.Rest are Just electronics,and one can easily live without them.
@Scorpio fan,even my scorpio used to vibrate in this RPM range,but over time,vibrations have become negligible.
Old 29th December 2010, 19:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_fan View Post
Hi Everyone,
Finally I became a proud owner of white Scorpio (SLE, White) on December 1st 2010. This was of course a dream come true. From the day Scorpio has launched in 2002, I was fascinated by it looks and performance. But because of the finance it was not affordable to me. Finally my company helped to grab one through lease plan!
Hi buddy, I am sorry, I am very late.

Hearty congratulations on the scorpio buddy. Great choice. Nice colour too.

This was your "dream" car? Normally, I have heard this only for the safari!

Quote:
What I liked:
1. Ease to handle and road presence - Even if the vehicle is big it is easy to handle even in city traffic.
2. Power delivery in all gears - No need to shift the gears for small speed variations (as compared to my Zen)
This is the best part of the scorpio, totally agree.

Quote:
3. I enjoy the driving confort, i felt not too bumpy too (may be by expectation is low). When the vehicle is loaded then it is more comfortable. I even sat in the last row when benny was driving and did not felt too much of bounce (may be benny will take the credit )
The scorpio does bounce a bit but i feel its blown a bit out of proportion in this forum. many who have driven the first gen scorpio with leaf springs do not realize the mHawk is a lot better.

Quote:
What i disliked / initial gliches:
1. A little hard clutch, here the pumping of clutch improves the situation but still feel the clutch action is at the very bottom. Have to check with ASC.
its a 120 bhp diesel engine, dont compare it with the zen.

Quote:
3. Plastic quality is not good.
its very bad infact!

Quote:
5. When one door is open and we start driving, VMS comes but in the dash the indicator is not working. Have to get it corrected too from ASC.
i guess scorpio does not have a visual indicator for door open, thats only for seatbelts.

For everything else, it has voice assists. of course, apart from the oil, battery, temp, etc...

Accessories Fitted.
Dealer gave me Parking sensor, floor mats, scuff plate and 3M sunfilim. I have placed order for G-Sport art leather seat cover. I also fixed the ICE, I have started a seperate thread on this. Please see the link here.

Now its all yours (only this thread and not the vehicle) and comments are welcome!
Scorpio Fan[/quote]
Old 4th January 2011, 21:01   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Sad to hear that your scorpio got stolen :(. With the new electronic immobilizer i think now it would be difficult but you neven know how much technically advanced these thiefs are.

Last 2 weeks were full of joy ride! The scorpio has clocked ~2k now. The first service is at 5k only according to M&M. Does any one recommend a oil change now?

I went to kerala and back to bangalore recently. while driving from bangalore to kerala my drive was at 80 kmph only. I got ~15 km mileage. While returning i cruised at 120 and i got 11.5 only. The truck was completely loaded and it is uphill too. So i think this might be the cause of such variations. Anyway the pickup and power delivery is amazing. With a good payload it was able to accelarate on up-hill (at thoppur and krishnagiri side) in 5th gear. Amazing machine!
Old 4th January 2011, 23:18   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@Scorpiofan. At higher speeds the Scorpio's mileage drops quite a bit since the diff ratio is at 4.3 resulting in fairly high rpms at higher speeds. The reason for this is that the 2.2 mhawk is tuned to deliver less power due to gearbox/clutch limitations. Mahindra engineers have compensated for less power with shorter gearing.

This is a positive in the city and climbing hills as the Scorpio has virtually no turbo lag.
Old 10th January 2011, 12:33   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Dmehta What happened with the police complaint? Also, in case of theft, do you get anything from your regular insurance policy or you need to have a separate policy/ clause covering theft?
Old 10th January 2011, 14:09   #41
BANNED

The police told us that at an average, 20 scorpios are stolen everyday from mumbai. So chances of getting the car back are bleak.
And regular insurance policy covers the theft.
Old 23rd March 2011, 21:26   #42
BHPian

First Service done@4k Kms

Dear All,
I did the first service last saturday.
Service done according to the manual[oil change, filter change etc]. The toal bill lwas ~2200Rs.

The issues that i had was
1. Gear Shift from 2 to 3 has some issues. The shifting at 1000 RPM is smoother than changing the gear at 2000 RPM. In accelaration mode if i change gear fast i get some difficulty in shifting.

2. Same applies for reverse gear but not as evident as issue 1.

I collected the car same day evening, the issues persist still. Now i will have to visit ASC again.

Regards,
Scorpio Fan

Last edited by scorpio_fan : 23rd March 2011 at 21:28.
Old 23rd March 2011, 21:30   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Gear Shift from 2 to 3 has some issues. The shifting at 1000 RPM is smother than changing the gear at 2000 RPM. In accelaration mode if i change gear fast i get some difficulty in shifting.
Not something that is recommended scorpio fan. Why would I accelerate and then shift gears ? I pretty much can relate the gear shifting being notchy at times even while engaging reverse, but then I suggest that you reduce the revv's and then shift.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 23rd March 2011 at 21:31.
Old 24th March 2011, 07:40   #44
Senior - BHPian

2nd to 3rd gear shift becomes notchy even in my Scorpio (the old gen chap) at rpms in excess of 2000. Shifts below that are smoother.
Old 24th March 2011, 10:27   #45
BHPian

Congrats Scorpio Fan on your Scorpio. My friend has the same model and I have driven it occasionally. The gear shift is pretty smooth. What Rjstyles69 says, could be the reason for your problem. Hope that you sort out this issue and enjoy your beauty with full peace of mind.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks