Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2011, 11:01   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold

Hi scorpio_fan,

Maybe you are already doing this, still, just thought I would mention it - Depress the clutch pedal fully, when you change gears. This goes a long way in making the gear shifts tolerably smooth.

Another thing that I do is - After I start the vehicle and have idled it for a minute or so, I just go through the whole gear range without moving the vehicle, i.e., depress clutch fully, then engage gears 1-2-3-4-5-neutral-reverse. Try this and see if you feel any improvements.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 24th March 2011, 17:00   #47
BHPian

My scorp is due for first service in a week's time , i feel a sort of minor grinding noise while shifting from 4 to 5 even with full clutch depressed .. need to check the same .
Old 24th March 2011, 23:03   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Not something that is recommended scorpio fan. Why would I accelerate and then shift gears ? I pretty much can relate the gear shifting being notchy at times even while engaging reverse, but then I suggest that you reduce the revv's and then shift.
What i meant was during accelarition mode if you change gears quickly this happens. You cannot press clutch wait for 10 sec and then change gears. Especially in city traffic we have to be quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi scorpio_fan,

Maybe you are already doing this, still, just thought I would mention it - Depress the clutch pedal fully, when you change gears. This goes a long way in making the gear shifts tolerably smooth.

Another thing that I do is - After I start the vehicle and have idled it for a minute or so, I just go through the whole gear range without moving the vehicle, i.e., depress clutch fully, then engage gears 1-2-3-4-5-neutral-reverse. Try this and see if you feel any improvements.

Cheers,
Vikram
I do this on a daily basis except changing to all gears at stand still. Will try this next time on.

I feel there is some fine tuning issue with synchromesh but i dont want ASC to open gear box now too. Lets see.
Old 25th March 2011, 14:48   #49
BHPian

Scorpio_fan,

Congrats and Welcome to the Wonderful World of the Hawk....!! On your next service , ask the Service Advisor to change the Gear Box Oil to Synthetic and watch the Diff.. it will be smooth all the way..

Raghu..
vraghuz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2011, 20:43   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraghuz View Post
Scorpio_fan,

Congrats and Welcome to the Wonderful World of the Hawk....!! On your next service , ask the Service Advisor to change the Gear Box Oil to Synthetic and watch the Diff.. it will be smooth all the way..

Raghu..
Hmm, I have been going through the email chain and i am really looking forward to it! The only concern is the warrenty and i just did 5k as of now.To me this is not a big deal .
Regards,
Scorpio Fan
Old 2nd April 2011, 00:11   #51
BHPian

Hi,
I just read this thread and I know I am really late but congrats on the Scorpio.
Would like to state that even I have heard the clutch emitting a clunking sound in my 4wd Mhawk. However the Workshop guys let me check three other M-Hawks and all had the same noise so I guess it is something you will just have to live with. The noise is present even if you press and release the clutch when the car is in neutral. Fortunately the sound is not heard when all the windows are rolled up, and I am just trying to ignore it.
Old 29th May 2011, 23:53   #52
BHPian

Its long time i updated my thread, so here i go.

I had taken 2 week vacation after long time, spend time in kerala visiting few places. In the last 10 days the vehicle covered ~2000 KMs completely driven by me! There no words by which I can express the thrill to drive the scorpio. It is simply amazing. The vehicle has covered 8000 kms now.

I visited Kumarakom [onward journey through chottanikkara, Vaikkom; return through NH], Palani, Guruvayur and few places near by Palakkad. On an average I got 12 Km mileage. I maintaned tyre pressure of 30 PS.

On the way to kerala[near salem] one stone hit my windscreen from a truck infront of me. There is a crack now which is about 6 inch length. Now I have to change it once the vehicle is back in Bangalore.

Few issues i faced.
1. Operate all the power windows atleast on alternate days. Otherwise there is a good chance that this get stuck.
2. Driving > 110 KMPH reduces the mileage considerably.
3. Dash board has some vibration, now geting used to it.
4. Gear shift from 2 to 3 had some issues, even after 1 st service. But after another visit it got rectified. thanks to nice service support.

Will post some pictures from journey in few days time, thats all for now,
Scorpio Fan

Last edited by benbsb29 : 30th May 2011 at 09:53. Reason: Corrected typo -> KM to KMPH.
Old 1st June 2011, 20:17   #53
NFS
BHPian

Good to know you enjoyed the drive...

Sad to Note your windscreen hit, I too had this issue. Yet to change the glass. I think the quality of glass is too low, as such small pebble is able to break the glass. SAD situation!

Also noticed that side window glass is not laminated! Cost cutting?
Old 1st June 2011, 20:55   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
Good to know you enjoyed the drive...

Sad to Note your windscreen hit, I too had this issue. Yet to change the glass. I think the quality of glass is too low, as such small pebble is able to break the glass. SAD situation!

Also noticed that side window glass is not laminated! Cost cutting?
Hi NFS,
I noticed your windscreen issue too. All the window glasses are laminated i used 3M RE35 [little bit mirror finish]. It has good visibility from inside and reflects sunlight.
Regards,
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:32   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the way to kerala[near salem] one stone hit my windscreen from a truck infront of me. There is a crack now which is about 6 inch length. Now I have to change it once the vehicle is back in Bangalore.
Hi Scorpio Fan, good to read your note except the above statement. Even I had the windshield damage to my Car when I was driving from BLR to Ooty. Picture attached.

Got the windshield changed, damages include time + 14000 approx. mHawk VLX has this auto rain/light sensor on the windshield which needs to be replaced as well that costs ~4300 Plus the loss of NCB from the Insurance company upon the renewal.
Old 5th June 2011, 13:25   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Scorpio Fan, good to read your note except the above statement. Even I had the windshield damage to my Car when I was driving from BLR to Ooty. Picture attached.

Got the windshield changed, damages include time + 14000 approx. mHawk VLX has this auto rain/light sensor on the windshield which needs to be replaced as well that costs ~4300 Plus the loss of NCB from the Insurance company upon the renewal.
Hi getsurya,
Looks like a common issues on the highway, my damage was exactly on the roof top centre of the windscreen. The damage is still about 6 inch long only. Will replace once it is big enough / with next service. Next service is already due in another 500 kms.
Scorpio Fan
Old 10th June 2011, 20:03   #57
BHPian

2nd service is due for the scorpio, clocked ~8700K kms now[service has to be done between 8500 - 9500 KMs]. Anythings that I have to remember mandatorily?

Isuues / points that I have in my list are:-
1. Rattling sound from the front panel
2. Tyre rotation [to be done in every 10k]
3. Alignment and balancing -> this will be done outsine, i dont trust the A.S.S.
4. Replacement of windscreen [small crack]
5. Gear shift issue has been resolved, would like to get it checked

The next oil change is only on 4th service or 20k KMs.

Scorpio Fan
Old 6th July 2011, 16:29   #58
BHPian

The second service is over last week, at 9500 kms.

There was a bush change required on the rear suspension, costed ~1000Rs. Total service cost was ~2000 Rs.

In short the following activities performed during the service.

1. Gear Box Oil changed
2. Tyre rotation Done
3. Wheel alignment done

Overall serice was ok, wash quality was not so great.

Regards,
Scorpio Fan
Old 6th July 2011, 16:34   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_fan View Post
There was a bush change required on the rear suspension, costed ~1000Rs. Total service cost was ~2000 Rs.
I'd suggest that you check the parts covered under warranty in your user manual and extended warranty booklet. IIRC, bushes are covered, specially if they wear out so fast within 9500 kms. If they are covered, go back to the dealership and raise hell; if it doesn't work, escalate to M&M customer care.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 16:41   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
I'd suggest that you check the parts covered under warranty in your user manual and extended warranty booklet. IIRC, bushes are covered, specially if they wear out so fast within 9500 kms. If they are covered, go back to the dealership and raise hell; if it doesn't work, escalate to M&M customer care.

Cheers,
Vikram
Hi Vikram,
I do not have extended warrenty still, the dealer claimed that rubber parts not covered in normal warrenty.

The bush costed ~ 300 Rs, laythe charges - 200 Rs and sme fitting charges. Total costed ~1000 Rs.
I asked them explicitely about warrenty and why did this rubber part went off so fast. The answer was that normally it is changed at 15k, but it depends on the driving conditions. I told them i dont do off-road but running mainly in city and with some long drives all with decent roads.

Any experience with this bush?

Regrds,
Scorpio Fan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks