Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2011, 16:46   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_fan View Post
Hi Vikram,
I do not have extended warrenty still, the dealer claimed that rubber parts not covered in normal warrenty.

The bush costed ~ 300 Rs, laythe charges - 200 Rs and sme fitting charges. Total costed ~1000 Rs.
I asked them explicitely about warrenty and why did this rubber part went off so fast. The answer was that normally it is changed at 15k, but it depends on the driving conditions. I told them i dont do off-road but running mainly in city and with some long drives all with decent roads.

Any experience with this bush?

Regrds,
Scorpio Fan
That's BS. If it were normally changed at 15k, it would have been listed in the maintenance schedule chart in the user manual. I just had my Scorpio's 25k service done a few days ago, and the condition of the bushes was just fine.

That's why, don't believe the dealer. Check your user manual or email customer care for clarification on the warranty coverage. No part, even if it's rubber, should wear out in 9500 kms. So, be assertive [aggressive, if need be] and get value for your money.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 6th July 2011 at 16:48.
Old 6th July 2011, 17:20   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any experience with this bush?
You should have claimed warranty although wear and tear items not being under warranty. That guy was talking BS. Wear and tear items have a defined life (hrs / kms), if they do not follow that interval, something is wrong and warrants help.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 19:52   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
That's BS. If it were normally changed at 15k, it would have been listed in the maintenance schedule chart in the user manual. I just had my Scorpio's 25k service done a few days ago, and the condition of the bushes was just fine.

That's why, don't believe the dealer. Check your user manual or email customer care for clarification on the warranty coverage. No part, even if it's rubber, should wear out in 9500 kms. So, be assertive [aggressive, if need be] and get value for your money.

Cheers,
Vikram
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
You should have claimed warranty although wear and tear items not being under warranty. That guy was talking BS. Wear and tear items have a defined life (hrs / kms), if they do not follow that interval, something is wrong and warrants help.

Spike
Spike and Vikram, thanks for the response. I wrote to customer care now aggressively . Will keep you posted.

Regards,
Scorpio Fan
Old 9th July 2011, 14:32   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
So, be assertive [aggressive, if need be] and get value for your money.

Cheers,
Vikram
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Wear and tear items have a defined life (hrs / kms), if they do not follow that interval, something is wrong and warrants help.

Spike
Hey Spike and Vikram,
Today got a call from Sireesh, they accepted that this has to be done under warrenty. Since they cannot refund [i did not fight for it], they gave me some free coupons worth ~3k. I accepted that, the validity is till end of august 2011. Thanks a lot for enlighting me!

Regards,
Scorpio Fan
Old 3rd November 2011, 21:17   #65
BHPian

Third service done on 25 oct 2011. No topup no parts replacements so 0 bill amount. Only washing and cleaning done.
Old 15th December 2011, 23:06   #66
BHPian

One concern related to M&M is the quality of service, I feel this is bad still. I will narrate and issue faced by me.

When I gave the vehicle for 3rd service, i had only one issue, a tic tic sound from left rear side when travelling on a rough surface [it was there from 1st service onwards, but never got it corrected]. To me it looked like some sound from door panels.

I reproduced the issue and demonstrated it to the service advisor. At 3:00 PM he called me and said vehicle is ready. Whe ni went to collect it, the issue is still there. I asked why you did not resolve it he told me that the sound is coming from the connector used to connect the subwoofer. I asked him then why cant you fix it? The answer was not acceptable and i escalated to M&M customer care. After 2 weeks the service person is calling me and asking me to bring the car again.

My question is they had time, my car was ready by 3:00 PM, still they did not want to correct it. When you escalate they ask me to bring the car again. I told him this is not my job, i cannot spend time in your serivice location for multiple times just because you did not do it right for the first time. I went to aftermarket guy and got it rectified.

Any one planning to buy M&M product be aware about the serivice hasseles. The number of vehicles getting serviced at a service centre is huge and because of this many time we do not get quality work done.

Another part is ASC always will try to loot you. I had the experience of replacing a bush where the ASC said it cannot be replaced under warranty where as M&M customercare said it has to be replaced under warranty.

Regards,
Scorpio Fan
Old 12th February 2012, 23:53   #67
BHPian

4th paid service done on 2nd Feb 2012. ODO reading was 198xx. No major issues except the JK tyres related. 2 of the tyres last time was difficult to balance, so I made a complaint this time. They kept the vehicle 1 day and did some adjustments. Looks good now, tested the vibrations till 100 - 110 KMPH, no issues will keep an eye on the same.

Also met the service manager Mr. Sadique, a nice guy. He said if any issues come-up he will check it and do the needful. Keeping the fingers crossed!

The total bill was ~7k [Engine Oil Change, Oil Filter Change, Diesel Filter Change and regular stuff].
Regards,
Scorpio Fan
Old 4th June 2012, 17:06   #68
BHPian

5th paid service [25k]

25K service done on 20th April 2012, forgot to update the thread.

Issues reported :
1. One wheel cap was lost on highway, so had to replace it.
2. Power window on driver side seat getting stuck frequently.
3. Front wiper not removing water completely

No other major issues, the service was done at ITL Motors Palakkad. The car was given back the same day, and I noticed that all issues exists as it is.

1. Whel cap changed, but they put a different colour.
2. Next day the power window stopped again.
3. According to them, the wiper will stay for 1 more month, but the water was not getting removed and the rains are yet to start.

I called them up and they sent a driver to pickup the car, they did the following changes.

1. Wheel cap changed to a matching colour [almost]
2. Powerwindow motor replaced under warrenty
3. Wiper blade replaced.

The car dropped back on same day BUT I was charged again for pickup and drop. I told them that I had to sent the car again because the issue was not resolved on the first attempt, so further pickup and drop should be handled by them, but they did not accept. I escalated it through customer care and got the refund in 2 weeks time. Finally after I escalated the service manager called me and said sorry, I dont know why they need escalation for all these small things!

Total bill was ~2500 [including service charge, wiper blades, wheel cap etc]

Regards,
Scorpio Fan
Old 4th September 2012, 12:57   #69
BHPian

6th Paid Service : 30K

The vehicle is due for 6th paid service which is at 30k. I gave the vehicle today at Sireesh, no major complaints. The complaints documented are

1. Slight right pulling on higher speeds.
2. One of the reading lamp not working
3. Some rattle from the front console

Oil change is only at 35k not this time. Approximate charge quoted is 3800. Will update once I get the vehicle back.

Best regards,
Scorpio Fan
Old 2nd April 2013, 13:39   #70
BHPian

35k Service

It took 5 months to complete the next 5k Kms, thanks to the busy work schedule. I gave the vehicle for the service, no complaints to rectify.

At 35k according to user manual, there is a oil change. Anything special that i have to notedown?
Old 8th April 2013, 13:25   #71
BHPian

Scorp Fan,

Be Careful with the 25K Service Charges of 2.5k , flatly deny it , tell them you don't want it. have you done the Gearbox Oil change so far ? , if not might do that as well along with the Engine Oil Change.

Regds
Raghu.

Last edited by vraghuz : 8th April 2013 at 13:28.
Old 15th April 2013, 13:22   #72
BHPian

I faced again a clutch failiure [2nd time in 2 year 5 months time, 35k kms]. The slave cylinder again failed this time. At 20k the slave cylinder had failed and was replaced under warrenty.

History:
Vehicle was given for regular service at 35k Km at Mahindra First Choice Bangalore. After service the vehicle was taken to kerala 450 Kms and noticed engine oil leakage. The car was given for service again at ITL Motors Palakkad, Kerala. They replaced Oil filter and some rubber parts. On 11th April the car was delivered and on the way home - around 50 kms - the clutch failed. The mahindra road assistance team was notified and the vehicle had to be towed to service station.

ITL Motors infact did a nice job. They turned up on time and assisted me in getting the car back on road in 1 day time.

Regards,
Old 26th August 2013, 12:46   #73
BHPian

Next service due which is 40k service. Any special pointers to keep in mind? Do not have any serious open issues as of now.

Regards,
Old 3rd November 2013, 19:27   #74
BHPian

Re: Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE : Edit 45000 KMs

All,
40K service was done 05-09-2013, only regular service and checkup. Now it is ready for the next service 45K. Planning to give it this week itself.

Main points for this service is
1. Rattle from the front console
2. While releasing clutch there is a sound (some lubrication issue i guess)
3. Check the suspension and bushes
4. Rattle from doors
5. Power window get stuck some times, need to check if there is any issue with the motor

Tyre balancing and alignment I will not be doing from service centre, will go to Madhus this time.

Any other things to be checked?
Old 4th November 2013, 00:23   #75
BANNED

Re: Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE : Edit 45000 KMs

Quote:
All,
40K service was done 05-09-2013, only regular service and checkup. Now it is ready for the next service 45K. Planning to give it this week itself.

Main points for this service is
1. Rattle from the front console
2. While releasing clutch there is a sound (some lubrication issue i guess)
3. Check the suspension and bushes
4. Rattle from doors
5. Power window get stuck some times, need to check if there is any issue with the motor
The front console rattling is a standard feature, on most Scorpios.

Door rattling can and will be rectified easily at the ASC.
Get the power window motor and its switches checked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks