Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2013, 06:56   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE : Edit 45000 KMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_fan View Post
Main points for this service is
1. Rattle from the front console
I had the same rattle issue on the console of my Scorpio. It took the ASC a few attempts to diagnose it and rectify it, since this did not come on at all times, but only after the vehicle had warmed up.

I spent quite some time trying to sort this myself, with limited success.
Was quite a relief when the ASC - Sireesh Auto at Marathalli, finally resolved it.
Old 4th January 2014, 11:02   #77
BHPian

re: Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold

Finally the service (45K) was done on 16th Dec 2013, the issues reported were

1. Rattling sound from front console and Doors
2. Driver side - central lock had damaged
3. Sound when releasing the clutch pedal
4. Check suspensions
5. Break light faulty

Out of which still issue no 1 and 3 persists. Need to take the car again to Sireesh.
Total damage was 11034.

The central lock part for right side door is costing 1362. The labour for this is 1530

Scorpio Fan
scorpio_fan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 20:22   #78
BHPian

50k service arrived (ODO as on 10th April was ~50500), did the service on 10th Thursday. I normally would not prefer to take the car for long drive immediately after service but the ODO was already reading more than 50.5k already. I had planned to go to native (Palakkad, Kerala) on that weekend, unfortunately could not get tatkal ticket so had to take the car and go. I was skeptical but had no choice. On 11th Friday morning, I noticed few drops of oil under engine and I was puzzled. When verified, there was oil drops under oil filter. I cleaned it and took it to office ~12 Kms. After reaching office, I verified but no visible leaks. Until evening I could not notice any further leaks so decided to drive over night.

After reaching home I again noticed few drops of oil under oil filter, so decided to check with ITL Motors Service Center. They checked and told me that the issue is because of loose hose in intercooler. This is silly mistakes service technician makes that creates terrible pressure to owners. I should say ITL motors gave excellent service and handed over the vehicle in few hours’ time.

Every service done with oil change had follow up issues. I meant it, EVERY SERVICE . I was giving this feedback to their customer care but no use.

After reaching home I was checking the tyres and noticed few cracks. In fact after service they had rotated the tyre and place a pathetic tyre with few cracks on front. I just thanked god for the safe trip I had, I expect the service center to inspect the tyre and give me feedback. I would say I did not verify that for few months myself. But this was a terrible miss.

I have ordered for "michelin latitude cross" 4 of them, I will get it changed on Wednesday 23rd April. I will post more details later.

Again, after all this I am still happy with Scorpio. Overall driving experience is thrilling!!

Scorpio Fan!
scorpio_fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 14:16   #79
BHPian

Re: Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE : Update 52K Kms

New shoes arrived, scorpio now running on "michelin latitude cross". Stock JK has done 52k and started to show signs of wear so decided to put new tyres.

Did some research on Bridgestone Dueler / YOKO Geolander / Michelin Latitude Cross. Talked to some experts and then finally decided on Michelin. The only negative factor about Michelin was cost factor!

Drove to kerala on 26th April and I would say driving was a breeze.

a) Great improvement on comfort
b) Noise level came down drastically
c) Handling and breaking improved considerably
d) Great steability at highway cruise

Some pictures from the installation.

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-20140424_120339.jpg

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-20140424_123405.jpg

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-20140424_123457.jpg

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-20140424_125248.jpg

The most important thing is that even the co-passenger (wifey ) experienced the difference.

Some pics from my drive to kerala.

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-dsc_0383.jpg

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-dsc_0385.jpg

Planning some more drives in coming weeks, will keep updating about it.

Scorpio Fan
Old 30th April 2014, 15:12   #80
M35
BHPian

Re: Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE : Update 52K Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_fan View Post
New shoes arrived, scorpio now running on "michelin latitude cross".
The most important thing is that even the co-passenger (wifey ) experienced the difference.
Here is another SLE owner. My Scorpio is inching towards the 80k km mark. Going great.

Good to see the beast in White running on better shoes here. I had gotten the JKs replaced with Yokos after about 40k kms. It had some considerable life left but the ride had gotten ridiculously hard.

I was pleasantly surprised to feel the difference with the Yokos immediately, hence can understand what you are feeling at present with Michelins.
M35 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 11:56   #81
BHPian

Hi Scorpio_fan

Went through your thread and it bought the memorable experience of our first Family SUV, Scorpio bought in 2004 December by my Dad.

We had it till recently before it got replaced by XUV.
Really enjoyed every bit of it. It was the first generation Scorpio(without CRDe) base Variant.

The first tyre replacement, only the front 2 Nos, was done after 45000 KMs approx. Remaining 2 tyres were replaced only after another 15 thousands.

Last edited by Wanderers : 1st May 2014 at 11:57.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 12:02   #82
Senior - BHPian

Latitude Cross are excellent tires,just avoid driving on sharp rocks/stones with them.
We threw the stock JK one's and the vehicle was delivered with Latitude Cross.
Used them for about 55K kms,before swapping them with Bridgestone Dueler's that came on our new Thar.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 05:27   #83
Team-BHP Support

Vijay, good to see the update on your ownership report. Good snaps too.

Looks like you finally got rid of the JKs which you hated right from day one! Were the new tyres replaced under the company lease option, or did you have to pay for them?

Been a long time since I saw your Scorpio, and reminds me how much I miss mine. Did you get the tints off the vehicle?
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 18:50   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Vijay, good to see the update on your ownership report. Good snaps too.

Looks like you finally got rid of the JKs which you hated right from day one! Were the new tyres replaced under the company lease option, or did you have to pay for them?

Been a long time since I saw your Scorpio, and reminds me how much I miss mine. Did you get the tints off the vehicle?
Thanks Benny, yes it was replaced by leasing company. But I had to pay for delta. They will fund only for standard makes (BS, Yoko).

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Latitude Cross are excellent tires,just avoid driving on sharp rocks/stones with them.
Thanks Akshay for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Hi Scorpio_fan

Went through your thread and it bought the memorable experience of our first Family SUV, Scorpio bought in 2004 December by my Dad.

We had it till recently before it got replaced by XUV.
Really enjoyed every bit of it. It was the first generation Scorpio(without CRDe) base Variant.

The first tyre replacement, only the front 2 Nos, was done after 45000 KMs approx. Remaining 2 tyres were replaced only after another 15 thousands.
Good to know that you liked it, thanks for the complement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Here is another SLE owner. My Scorpio is inching towards the 80k km mark. Going great.

I was pleasantly surprised to feel the difference with the Yokos immediately, hence can understand what you are feeling at present with Michelins.
Thanks M35, will meet one day.

Did a trip to Munnar last week. Onward journey was from Shoranur - Thrissur - Angamaly - Kaladi - Perumbavoor - Kothamangalam - Neria Mangalam - Munnar. Roads are excellent.

Stayed there for 2 days and visited Top Hill Point, Kundala Dam, Mattupetti Dam, Kanan Devan Hills, Marayoor Sandal Forest, Chinnar etc.

Return trip was through Munnar - Udumalpet - Pollachi - Palakkad - Shoranur. From Munnar until Udumalpet the road is rough and narrow but still managable. From Udumalpet to Palakkad roads are excellent.

Some pics from the trip.
Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-dsc_0101.jpg

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-dsc_0104.jpg

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-dsc_0106.jpg

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-dsc_0130.jpg

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-dsc_0142.jpg

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-dsc_0144.jpg

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-dsc_0211.jpg

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-dsc_0217.jpg

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-dsc_0220.jpg

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-dsc_0222.jpg

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-dsc_0225.jpg
Old 28th June 2014, 11:26   #85
BHPian

Re: Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE [update 56000 KM]

55K service was due in June and because of work-pressure it got delayed. Anyway it is just a checkup, i decided to do it at 56k.

Things to check were
Suspension check - no real issues but a regular check,
Check AC - again no real issues but a double check,
one power window was getting jammed regularly,
Change wiper - as rainy days are coming.

This time I have to say service was much better. They attended to all minor issues and resolved it.

Scorpio Fan.
Old 10th July 2015, 14:45   #86
BHPian

Almost one year has passed from the last update on this thread and things have changed to a great extent (but really?). Things like:
  • This Scorpio has now changed hands, but within our family still.
  • Scorpio_fan, my brother, is now driving an XUV W8 AWD and I took possession of this white scorp, retaining it within our family. To accomodate this, I sold off my Honda City ZX last year.
  • Scorp has completed 72500 KM on ODO, in less than 5 years of its road-entry (almost 20K km added during last 12 months).
  • Scorp has taken our family to newer places, road/no-road, sunny, rainy, cloudy, muddy territories. Always leaving a smile on our faces.
  • Driving it has been a fantastic experience, driver's confidence due to all-round visibility it offers, power delivery from the word-go, space inside cabin and its solid built.
  • Additionally and most importantly, took the scorpio service away from MASS (Sireesh Auto in Bangalore) to an independent service station in Bangalore.

Some more Details of these, I will share in separate posts and keep it updated.

For now here is a pic of scorpio, from last week. After the yearly 'Spa' treatment by SmartWax team (Pete's Detailing shop) at Whitefield, Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-img_20150703_154225.jpg  

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-img_20150703_154249.jpg  

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-img_20150703_153941.jpg  

Last edited by narayanang76 : 10th July 2015 at 14:46.
narayanang76 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 23:17   #87
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
Additionally and most importantly, took the scorpio service away from MASS (Sireesh Auto in Bangalore) to an independent service station in Bangalore.
Which garage is this and where is it? What has been your experience and what work has been carried out there?
Old 11th July 2015, 11:59   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Which garage is this and where is it? What has been your experience and what work has been carried out there?
Garage name is SK Karzone in Bangalore. It is owned by Manoj Khanna and Appachu Kalichanda and is an Authorized Bosch Service Centre. It is managed by Vinay Bhat, and they have technicians for different cars. I came to know about this garage through a reliable reference in Bangalore. There were not many reviews available about this garage and they were only 1 year into bangalore operations.

The last time I went to Sireesh was for 60K paid service. As per their schedule and vehicle history, there was no need to change engine oil according to them. So it was just an inspection carried out, even though they charged me as per 60K paid service charges and made me wait till evening (I took leave from office and was waiting at Sireesh service centre). There was no issue reported before the service. However when I received my car back, reaching my apartment car parking lot, I observed coolant leaking and had to take it back to them the next day, to get it fixed. Coolant Hose clamp was not fixed properly. Absolutely they (Sireesh) don't have any means of supervision & inspection and completely rely on one person who is doing the job, who can be error prone. I escalated the service quality issue to service manager at sireesh and also to Mahindra customer care. The response made me believe that such issues have been reported many times and they are facing the challenges of no repeat customer after warranty period. Fortunately got a reference for SK Karzone.

Now I have been doing my 65K, 70K service at SK Karzone. Experience has been very good. Upon going to SK Karzone, some of the things I liked:

- You can be with the vehicle through out. Works carried out in front of your eyes (if you are interested)
- Being Bosch Centre, availability of Bosch spare parts, at reasonably lower price than Mahindra service centres. For example one pair of Bosch Front brake pads for Scorpio are sold at 1700 Rs.
- Faster turn around on work, in most cases. One of my major service at 65K Km was completed in half day duration. It included Engine oil flush and change to Synthetic, Clutch oil change, Differential oil change, brakes cleaning, oil filter change, air filter change, Full mechanical inspection, electrical check etc. I was surprised to see that all these works can be completed in half day and always MASS keep the car for full day and deliver it late in the evening.
- attention to details and interest to resolve issues.
- I realised some of the works are 'never' carried out at MASS. They don't recommend changing to Synthetic Engine oil. Even when changing the oil we don't know they are just topping up the oil or doing flushing and filling it. Clutch oil when inspected at SK, seemed like it was never changed for the last 60K kms. Changing clutch oil at SK Karzone, made a significant improvement to clutch being more light and smooth to operate. Changing the Engine Oil to Synthetic also made a leap improvement to Engine being smooth and silent now.

I will share the service details and cost in separate posts after this.

SK Karzone has now opened a branch in Navi Mumbai as well, recently.

Last edited by narayanang76 : 11th July 2015 at 12:06.
narayanang76 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 11:15   #89
BHPian

The recent service history records (regular wheel alignment & balancing also aligned to the service intervals):

1) 60K Paid Service @ Sireesh Auto Marthalli, Bangalore
Date: 8th Sep 2014
Some major items:
  • Coolant: 428 Rs
  • FogLampBulb: 480 Rs
  • hose&clamp: 250 Rs
  • washing: 450 Rs
  • Car Care: 200 Rs
  • Consumable: 175 Rs
  • 60K Paid service charges: 3775 Rs
  • Wheel Alignment: 500 Rs

Total Bill: 7301 Rs

2) Wheel Alignment & Balancing @ Madhus - 60K Odo
Date: 13th Sep 2014
Alignment, Road Force Balancing, Weights: 760 Rs

3) 65K Paid Service @ SK Karzone, Bangalore
Date: 31st Jan 2015
Some major items:
  • Synthetic Engine Oil 7L: 7500 Rs
  • Oil Filter: 168 Rs
  • Air Filter: 481 Rs
  • Differential Oil 2L: 498 Rs
  • Break Fluid: 210 Rs
  • Fuel Filter: 1115 Rs
  • Engine Oil Flush: 351 Rs
  • Paid Service: 1900 Rs
  • Consumables: 150 Rs

Total Bill: 14123 Rs

4) Wheel Alignment & Balancing @ Madhus - 65K Odo
Date: 31st Jan 2015
Alignment, Road Force Balancing, Weights: 670 Rs

5) 70 K Paid Service @ SK Karzone, Bangalore
Date: 09th May 2015
Some major items:
  • Parking Cable: 715 Rs
  • Brake Pad: 1450 Rs
  • DOT 4: 204 Rs
  • Coolant: 198 Rs
  • Hose Clip & wire tag: 90 Rs
  • Paid Service: 1900 Rs
  • Consumables: 150 Rs
  • A/C recharge & Vacuum: 1850 Rs
  • Perfume: 400 Rs

Total Bill: 8042 Rs

6) Wheel Alignment & Balancing @ Madhus - 70K Odo
Date: 09th May 2015
Alignment, Road Force Balancing, Weights: 900 Rs
Old 21st July 2015, 11:30   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
The recent service history records (regular wheel alignment & balancing also aligned to the service intervals)
Just curious, what exactly is included in the "paid service" at SK Carzone, that it costs Rs.1900??

Cheers,
Vikram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks