Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2010, 23:28   #1
BHPian

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold

Hi Everyone,
Finally I became a proud owner of white Scorpio (SLE, White) on December 1st 2010. This was of course a dream come true. From the day Scorpio has launched in 2002, I was fascinated by it looks and performance. But because of the finance it was not affordable to me. Finally my company helped to grab one through lease plan!

Buying Experience.
Even though my mind was with Scorpio, I did few test drives (Safari, Innova etc) just to convince myself. Innova was highly priced and was out of my budget. Also ABS etc comes only in high end model. I liked Safari for its space and comfort. Here also EX (Which is comparable to Scorpio SLE) does not have ABS and GX is almost like Scorpio VLX only. So Safari was out too.
I did 3 test drives for Scorpio. For the first TD they gave me a brand new vehicle. Second time also they came with a brand new vehicle and I told the sales executive that I need a demo vehicle and I will not run the new car. If I were the person who is taking that vehicle, I would not like this. Me and benny (our distinguished BHPian) went together for the above 2 TDs. Finally we (Me and my Bro) did a TD at NICE road Bangalore. This time they bought the demo car. The demo car was run ~40k but I felt the truck is sturdy. The wheels had some wobbling at > 120 KMPH, but apart from that the car was in good condition. This actually strengthened my decision to go with Scorpio.
On 3rd November 2010 I booked the Scorpio with Sireesh. There was already one vehicle in transit and I was offered the same. I was a bit hesitant because I would still take 1 week to finish the formalities from myside and till that time vehicle will be with dealer and they might use it for small demo / test drive (Previous experience ). So I told him to book another one for me. But there was a factory closure at M&M factory (for about 1 week / 10 days) and it delayed my delivery a lot. Finally I escalated to M&M Customer care and i got one (they arranged this by talking to different dealers).
I insisted a lot for BS tyres but I could not get one. I got JK tyres. This is the only thing I did not like with my Scorpio. I was even ready to pay the extra 5k that M&M is gaining by this cost cutting, but there was no possibility to do so. Finally I had to compromise. Otherwise I will be waiting endlessly which was not ok with me (as the full payment was already done).

Vehicle delivery.
The vehicle delivery was smooth. Thanks to the checklists and suggetions available in our forum. My Bro was with me and he clicked the below snaps. Please see some snaps of vehicle delivery!

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-dsc01865.jpg

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-dsc01866.jpg

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-dsc01874.jpg

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-dsc01876.jpg

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-dsc01878.jpg

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-dsc01879.jpg

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-dsc01880.jpg

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-dsc01881.jpg

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-dsc01883.jpg

Dream come true : My white Scorpio SLE. EDIT: Sold-dsc01886.jpg

Driving Experience / Initial feel.
This was a big change for me as I was using a Zen before. This was a big upgrade for me (from ant to elephant). The power delivery of Scorpio is awsome.

What I liked:
1. Ease to handle and road presence - Even if the vehicle is big it is easy to handle even in city traffic.
2. Power delivery in all gears - No need to shift the gears for small speed variations (as compared to my Zen)
3. I enjoy the driving confort, i felt not too bumpy too (may be by expectation is low). When the vehicle is loaded then it is more comfortable. I even sat in the last row when benny was driving and did not felt too much of bounce (may be benny will take the credit )

What i disliked / initial gliches:
1. A little hard clutch, here the pumping of clutch improves the situation but still feel the clutch action is at the very bottom. Have to check with ASC.
2. Fuel level indicator issue, now it has almost touched full tank!
3. Plastic quality is not good.
4. Auto lock on ignition lock is optinal for SLE and enabled for VLX, i did not understand this. But i can get it activated by a visit to ASC, not good!
5. When one door is open and we start driving, VMS comes but in the dash the indicator is not working. Have to get it corrected too from ASC.

Accessories Fitted.
Dealer gave me Parking sensor, floor mats, scuff plate and 3M sunfilim. I have placed order for G-Sport art leather seat cover. I also fixed the ICE, I have started a seperate thread on this. Please see the link here.

Now its all yours (only this thread and not the vehicle) and comments are welcome!
Scorpio Fan

Last edited by GTO : 13th December 2010 at 10:02. Reason: Adding your likes / dislikes from the 2nd page, to the opening post itself
scorpio_fan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2010, 01:39   #2
BHPian

Let me be the first one to congratulate you!!!! Your Scorpio in white looks amazing. I too have been contemplating buying a Scorpio and SLE is the one that I'm looking for.....budget constraints :-(

Can you share some more details like OTR price and cash discounts that you received from the dealer etc. Congrats again and enjoy a safe ride in your Scorpio.
Old 4th December 2010, 08:51   #3
BHPian

Congrats once again! Pics looking nice!

Dream come true fr sure.

BTW Your TBHP handle talks a lot about your dream and buying decisions

And time to update the Garage?

Last edited by narayanang76 : 4th December 2010 at 08:53.
Old 4th December 2010, 09:10   #4
BANNED

Congrats The Scorpio Fan!

Waiting for your initial driving reports. Lets us know if there is too much of body roll.
Old 4th December 2010, 11:19   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
Can you share some more details like OTR price and cash discounts that you received from the dealer etc. Congrats again and enjoy a safe ride in your Scorpio.
Exshoroom is 8.75 lak
Insurance 1.3 lak
Insurance 23k

I did not take insurance from dealer, so he gave me 17k discount plus 7k corp discount. Dealer also gave reverse parking sensor and 3M sunflim + basic accessories (Floor mat, mud flaps etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
And time to update the Garage?
Will do so soon, have to click some more pics!

Scorpio Fan
Old 4th December 2010, 11:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_fan View Post
Exshoroom is 8.75 lak
Insurance 1.3 lak
Insurance 23k
Firstly, congrats.

Do you meant to say road tax? But 1.3 Lac? or is it a mistype?

Nice that you got 3M sunfilms, but ensure that you get 3M and not a duplicate stuff.
Old 4th December 2010, 11:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

Same pinch, buddy! The Black steering wheel looks good. My SLE has it in the Brown/Beige combo. You're so lucky to get so many freebies from the dealer. In Pune, it's a miracle even if they give the rubber mats and scuff plates free.

Many congratulations & wish you a million miles of safe and happy driving!

Cheers,
Vikram

P.S: Do go through the user manual and follow the run in procedure given in it without fail.
Old 4th December 2010, 12:03   #8
BHPian

Congratulations scorpio_fan.
Please post a snap of that part (sticker or else) from which we know that it is a BS-4 vehicle
Old 4th December 2010, 12:23   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats.
We too got a SLE in May this year.
and all SLE's now come with JK(We changed to michelin's rightaway).
I notice few things,We got a Brown Beige Steering wheel.
and the ours doesnot have that trim strip on door panel,and internal door opening lever too looks different.
1.3L as Road tax(We paid 10K).
Old 4th December 2010, 17:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations Scorpio fan! Great ride and you will cherish the experience for years.

Can you post closer pictures of the inside door opening lever! See a change there from the earlier ones as somebody else already mentioned.
Old 5th December 2010, 00:12   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Firstly, congrats.

Do you meant to say road tax? But 1.3 Lac? or is it a mistype?

Nice that you got 3M sunfilms, but ensure that you get 3M and not a duplicate stuff.
Thanks TaureanBull, it is not a typo but in bangalore the road tax is 15.5%.
I got the 3M proper one and I also collected the warrenty card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Same pinch, buddy! The Black steering wheel looks good. My SLE has it in the Brown/Beige combo. You're so lucky to get so many freebies from the dealer. In Pune, it's a miracle even if they give the rubber mats and scuff plates free.

Many congratulations & wish you a million miles of safe and happy driving!

Cheers,
Vikram

P.S: Do go through the user manual and follow the run in procedure given in it without fail.
Thanks Vikram, I did lot of pitting to come to this offer. There was nother friend of mine who took another scorpio so we bargained together.
The first day night was spent on understanding the owner manual. Also the second day an M&M executive visited my place and explained each and every thing about scorpio. This was about 45 minutes and was helpful too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Congratulations scorpio_fan.
Please post a snap of that part (sticker or else) from which we know that it is a BS-4 vehicle
Thanks Alok, When the vehicle came, there as a sticker at the back door but to fix sunfilim they removed it. You can check your invoice too to make sure that it is BS4. I verified mine just to be double sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Congrats.
We too got a SLE in May this year.
and all SLE's now come with JK(We changed to michelin's rightaway).
I notice few things,We got a Brown Beige Steering wheel.
and the ours doesnot have that trim strip on door panel,and internal door opening lever too looks different.
1.3L as Road tax(We paid 10K).
I tried my level best for BS but bad luck i got JK. I checked the after market too but was demanding 18k for BS. So I thought of using JK for some time. Also the dealer says the tyre is included in the warrenty of axle and if we change the default tyre we have to inform M&M in a written way. Not sure about the authenticity as I normally dont trust the dealers
Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Many congratulations Scorpio fan! Great ride and you will cherish the experience for years.

Can you post closer pictures of the inside door opening lever! See a change there from the earlier ones as somebody else already mentioned.
Thanks Surya, i have seen the pics of your scorpio in the picture thread. I will post the door picture tomorrow.

Scorpio Fan
Old 5th December 2010, 08:51   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Alok, When the vehicle came, there as a sticker at the back door but to fix sunfilim they removed it. You can check your invoice too to make sure that it is BS4. I verified mine just to be double sure.

Scorpio Fan
In Bangalore - now if we have to register a new vehicle, then it has to be a BS IV one, so rest assured that yours in indeed a BS4 :-)
Old 5th December 2010, 23:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks TaureanBull, it is not a typo but in bangalore the road tax is 15.5%.
I got the 3M proper one and I also collected the warrenty card.

Scorpio Fan
Wow, 15.5pc sounds astronomous. Is it based on the range of the car cost or it is the same rate for all cars?
Congrats on your car!
Old 6th December 2010, 11:14   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
In Bangalore - now if we have to register a new vehicle, then it has to be a BS IV one, so rest assured that yours in indeed a BS4 :-)
I knew this but because these dealers and RTO people can manipulate things so easily i double checked my invoice
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Wow, 15.5pc sounds astronomous. Is it based on the range of the car cost or it is the same rate for all cars?
Congrats on your car!
There is differences based on cost of car (say less than 5 lak one rate >5 lak <10 lak one rate etc). But still the the rates in Bangalore are onf the highest
Old 6th December 2010, 11:20   #15
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Vijay! I am really happy for you, and also glad to be of help in whatever way i could. It was a learning period for me as well.

Thanks for letting me drive the vehicle, and i am mighty impressed. Wishing you a safe and happy ownership experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks