Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2010, 01:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Small Car - The Paradox of Choice! My Ford Figo EDIT: Sold!

Congratulations ownerofazkaban on your Ford Figo

I must say, this is a well written review. Yes, it made an interesting read. I hope that you will keep updating this thread the same way, as you clock more miles.

I'm looking forward to hear more about the 'bug' in the DTE computation.

Drive safe. Have fun.
Old 9th December 2010, 15:55   #17
BHPian

Congrats Ownerofazkaban for the Cool .Figo I meant.White seems to be the best colcor for it.Get some better pics !hurry!Also some good alloys.
Drive safe
SHK
Old 9th December 2010, 18:06   #18
BHPian

Congratulations Ownerofazkaban for your ride, lovely review for a equally potent car.
However pics could not do the justice to this beauty, failed to understand the fitment of last 2.
Old 12th December 2010, 01:00   #19
BHPian

Congrats ownerofazkaban -

I myself purchased a Figo TDCi ZXi this year in October end. I took a 2000 Kms road trip within a week's time of purchase (Hyderabad - Bijapur - Goa - Hampi - Hyderabad). I agree on the lower ground clearance on a fully laden vehicle. The car scraped quite a few speed breakers enroute but thankfully no damage done. Got a mileage of 20 Kmpl on the highway, we filled exactly 100 Liters worth of Diesel with 100% AC and average speed of 100+ Kmph. Have managed to get about 15.5 in City with 100% AC and average of about 50 Kmph. Recently did a trip to Kuntala waterfalls and back (600 Kms) wherein average speed was about 140+ kmph.

Some recent changes -

- Clear Plastic Floor Mats to keep off mud and grime
- Indicator Covers with Blinkers (Standard Fiesta ones will fit) - Galio Brand
- 90/100 H4 Narva White Lights (55/60 are useless on highways)
- Nitrogen @ tyres

Planned upgrades (dependant of budget) -

- K&N CAI
- Phase 1 ECU Remap
- GPS
- Alloys

Overall satisfaction....10/10!!!
Old 13th December 2010, 09:19   #20
BHPian

Hello All,

This is one car I would love to posses. I had been eying Ford Fusion for quite some time and by the time I came up with the moolah,the production stops. Figo borrows heavily from fusion on the rear profile, and of course the engine 1.4TDCi is well proven on fiesta and fusion. Like other folks I too own a Maruti 800 and been finding reasons to retain,now that having read this thread and with inputs from Volt,more so tempted to own Figo. My thanks to ownerofazkaban and theodore for giving their frank inputs make me make all the firm in deciding for a figo.

Warm Regards
Old 14th December 2010, 21:44   #21
BHPian

Figo looks best in White, I guess.

I foresee myself in your situation very soon.

My 800 has covered 65K & i will be looking for an upgrade in another 10K or so.

Congrats on your choice.
Old 15th December 2010, 11:43   #22
BHPian

Ownerofazkaban and other Figo owners, I had almost zeroed in on the FIGO but backed off from booking it due to the below issues which were highlighted on a few discussion forums.
1. No front bumper – A slight frontal impact damages the radiator. Don’t know whether fitting an extra accessory frontal bumper (like the ones a few Swift’s and i10 have) will solve this problem.
2. Worries about Figo’s safety information is not available anywhere. Ritz has an NCAP safety rating of 4/5 but no idea about Figo. Not sure if Ford has heavily compromised on the structural and functional quality of the car in order to cut costs.
3. Paint falling off – Yes its true, many owners have said the paint just falls off leaving behind dark gaps.

Have any of the Figo owners so far faced such problems?

Last edited by Eddy : 15th December 2010 at 12:07. Reason: Removed formatting tags
Old 15th December 2010, 13:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzy View Post
Ownerofazkaban and other Figo owners, I had almost zeroed in on the FIGO but backed off from booking it due to the below issues which were highlighted on a few discussion forums.
1. No front bumper – A slight frontal impact damages the radiator. Don’t know whether fitting an extra accessory frontal bumper (like the ones a few Swift’s and i10 have) will solve this problem.
2. Worries about Figo’s safety information is not available anywhere. Ritz has an NCAP safety rating of 4/5 but no idea about Figo. Not sure if Ford has heavily compromised on the structural and functional quality of the car in order to cut costs.
3. Paint falling off – Yes its true, many owners have said the paint just falls off leaving behind dark gaps.

Have any of the Figo owners so far faced such problems?
It would have been better if you asked these in the dedicated Figo thread.
Anyways, here are my answers (I drive a Figo TDCi ZXi)

1) I believe a frontal impact in a Figo, huge enough to damage the radiator will cause at least half that much in any other car, and hence you would be claiming your insurance in both cases. By the way, I don't think fitting extra bumpers are a good idea with pedestrian safety norms in mind, let alone spoiling the clean front look.

2) Yes, the Figo is built-to-price and hence there are compromises. Not sure about the safety rating/compromises though, it was mentioned in the Figo thread long back that Figo has better safety rating than the outgoing Fusion (which had NCAP rating of 4), But honestly speaking there is no solid information/proof on this which I can find right now

3) Again, yes, i have wished that my car had a better paint finish. That's not saying it is bad, but yeah could be better especially the corners and places where you normally would not look into, like underneath the hood, the spare tire well area etc. I have not had any paint chipping so far, by the way, but find the paint coating to be too thin, not sure if it's just my feeling.

Last edited by jayded : 15th December 2010 at 13:07.
Old 16th December 2010, 14:36   #24
BHPian

Good review, nice to hear that you are getting good mileage as well. Hope after a couple of services it soar high, my friend is getting close to 18Kmpl in city with AC in Kochi traffic. Moreover its a joy to ride this car...

Drive Safe n Enjoy
Old 20th December 2010, 12:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats to all Figonians!
I have a question about GC. I have noticed on the road that the car looks lower when loaded at the back either luggage or people. is the mentioned GC with/ without full load? Have you had any scraping issues when loaded?
Old 20th December 2010, 13:30   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Figo. Good upgrade indeed from an 800.

Didnt understand some of the first points you wrote, like the whole 5$ movie thing paragraph ;-) and a bit more infact. Anyways, congrats in getting the ICOTY
Old 25th December 2010, 22:55   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
I am seriously thinking there is a bug in DTE computation, am working to prove it. My theory is refill tank full when 40% of fuel is left, before it crosses second marking. My third tank full is expected to give in higher 15 or 16 kmpl with 100% city. Hope full by mid next week I should have the reading.

These are my economy reading in chronological order after second service -
read: kms/lts filled, all from same pump, same dispenser and all filled during morning hours (<10.30 am), doing tank full when it shows about half tank.

353/22.9 = 15.49
372.5/22.94 = 16.23
502.9/30.7 = 16.38
371.6/23 = 16.15

The DTE is stuck between 630 to 666, with the tank fulls. So the DTE sucks for sure, its only use could be in long drives where you want to make use of it to see 'at current rate' how far you can go before refill - which could be highly useful in long drives and timing petrol bunks in the evenings, before they close.

Am happy with pretty consistent economy figures, the variation is almost limited to less than 25 kms. And I had decent run - I was stuck in the Monday morning jam at dairy circle where the Nimhans Rd was closed without any notice. And off course working late hours has its advantages at least on 'economy'!!!

@ thedreamcatcher - Its been said in bay area context.

@ Turbo Head - Well I got sold on the sales pitch of SA. Its not recommended thing on bhp.

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 25th December 2010 at 23:00.
Old 27th December 2010, 10:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
@ S U N
The issue in front is missing window winder locks, Slightly elder menacing kids are always a challenge when it comes to stopping them from winding down & peeping out.
and at the rear, unless they are accompanied by elders, they could seriously end up opening the door while on the move. The chimes might help but with kids it might be too little too late. The half winding windows actually are of good help here.
@ownerofazkaban: This is indeed a concern. As I understand, kids at back can open the door while the vehicle is either moving or stationary. Is that correct? Isn't there any central locking mechanism in place?
For the front windows, there is no way to prevent them from being rolled down. Is that what you are saying?
Old 27th December 2010, 11:50   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
This is indeed a concern. As I understand, kids at back can open the door while the vehicle is either moving or stationary.
You need to activate the child lock on the rear doors. Kids will then not be able to open the doors from inside.
Old 27th December 2010, 13:16   #30
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

good question which I'd also like to see the answer to;
last weekend in the nilgiris i saw quite a large number of Titanium TDCi Figos running around. Local cars as well as out of town ones.
While behind them going uphill I also observed this - they look quite low when people and luggage are in the back. I never saw or heard any of them actually scraping the ground even over a speed breaker, possibly because they were mostly driving carefully. But visually it does seem like the car sits quite low on the road when loaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Congrats to all Figonians!
I have a question about GC. I have noticed on the road that the car looks lower when loaded at the back either luggage or people. is the mentioned GC with/ without full load? Have you had any scraping issues when loaded?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks