Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2010, 22:52   #31
BHPian

re: Small Car - The Paradox of Choice! My Ford Figo EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You need to activate the child lock on the rear doors. Kids will then not be able to open the doors from inside.

How stupid of me I never tho' of child lock! Phew.

I want to re-write my words, rear is not so bad for kids as I tho'.
Old 28th December 2010, 09:28   #32
Senior - BHPian

That alleviates my problem to a certain extent now.
I would have dropped the idea of Figo if the child lock was not mentioned.

Correct me if I am wrong, I have seen child-lock on the right side read door in cars such as Indica. The left side rear door does not have any such provision, but that is locked via central locking.
Is this the system in Figo? Or is it missing something from above?

I wouldn't be willing to buy any car whose doors can be opened by my kid sitting behind without me unlocking them first.
Old 3rd January 2011, 14:22   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post

Correct me if I am wrong, I have seen child-lock on the right side read door in cars such as Indica. The left side rear door does not have any such provision, but that is locked via central locking.

I wouldn't be willing to buy any car whose doors can be opened by my kid sitting behind without me unlocking them first.
The Figo comes with standard child lock feature at the rear doors [both] which need to be manually enabled by inserting the ingnition key. Once this feature is enabled, the doors can only be opened from outside. Hope this helps...
Old 27th February 2011, 13:13   #34
BHPian

29 days

My Figo started without any fuss after a gap of 29 days to be precise.

Seems there is some lock-down feature. The remote keyless entry was not working which seemed like Battery was down, however door was opened using the key and things went fine there on. After idling for 5 mins, the remote was back to normal !!! Phew.
Old 27th February 2011, 17:11   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post

Indica has the child locks on both rear doors. It doesn't make any sense to have it only on one side door. Please check and confirm if the car you saw has it on only on side. My Indica has it on both rear doors.
Old 27th February 2011, 18:07   #36
BHPian

Very nicely written ownership review. Congrats. The car looks really good. Can you please share the OTR price.

Also, enabling child lock will stop the kids from opening the door. But, does Figo have an option to lock the rear the windows also? I mean some cars have option to lock rear power windows and the driver had to switch it off for the rear passengers to up/down the windows.

Last edited by flyingkolors : 27th February 2011 at 18:09.
Old 28th February 2011, 14:43   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
Very nicely written ownership review. Congrats. The car looks really good. Can you please share the OTR price.

Also, enabling child lock will stop the kids from opening the door. But, does Figo have an option to lock the rear the windows also? I mean some cars have option to lock rear power windows and the driver had to switch it off for the rear passengers to up/down the windows.
Figo is better than other cars providing manual window sliding, that the Window slides down only half. OTR: I remember paying 6,47,000. Its KA registration which has the highest taxes in country.
Old 28th February 2011, 15:02   #38
BHPian

Hi Congrats! I just booked a Figo myself. Nice Writeup.

It seems like the Figo need a run-in period of 5K kms for the engine to free up and all the FE parameters to stabilize? I found the gear shifting to a little hard in the couple of test drive I drove ( it was precise but not shifting lightly).
Old 28th February 2011, 15:18   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
But, does Figo have an option to lock the rear the windows also? I mean some cars have option to lock rear power windows and the driver had to switch it off for the rear passengers to up/down the windows.
Figo does not have power windows in the rear. AFAIK, this feature of locking the rear windows is not available in the Figo, but perhaps existing owners can correct/ confirm this
Old 28th February 2011, 16:26   #40
BHPian

I do not think that the rear windows can be locked. They are manual roll down windows. Initially, I believe there was an issue with them automatically rolling down. Now that has been sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Figo does not have power windows in the rear. AFAIK, this feature of locking the rear windows is not available in the Figo, but perhaps existing owners can correct/ confirm this
Old 30th April 2011, 17:05   #41
BHPian

The Three Musketeers ...

Its been a year now, and its been absolute pleasure driving the figo. At the end of year here are some stats.
1. ~16.5K on ODO.
2. Found a additional low fuel warning at 19, apart from known 79 and 39.
3. I end the year with 19.15 kmpl for 1283 kms with 67 litres in last 10 days(2 consecutive tank fulls), which includes about 850 kms of highway driving.
4. The philips extreme upgrade for same wattage is pretty decent and does imporve visibility over base equipment.
5. Figo beats Vista in luggage compartment. Figo lugguage area has better width at base to take two 32 inch VIP bags (INTERNATIONAL CARGO) plus can find a decent size gym bag in one side, all without removing the rear parcel shelf.
6. Figo took on liternally non-existent roads and roads where the stones have surfaced due to rains in interiors around Agumbe. At the end of year it has given the kind of satisfaction that one drived from the flexible, agile 800. It has the go anywhere attitude, take it everwhere, it performs.
7. The stock MRFs done a decent job so far.
8. I didn't have scrapping issues in the recent 1300 kms drives outside b'lore, the car was loaded every space available. So could it be B'lore humps adding to misery ?

Issues:
1. The bonnet release latch that pops out was broken @ 2nd service and still not replaced. Part not available at Lathangi :(
2. The passenger airbag unit is slightly loose and on bad roads, the rattling roise is really bad. Showed it to SA, the solution suggested was to add packing material and requires dash removal and I didn't have time now to leave car at service center.

- The good and / or bad about its equipment levels
Miss rear window auto controls
- Comments on the exterior styling & design
Figo looks really neat and big car from multiple angles externally.
Interior - Invite folks from i10, i20, swift for drive and enjoy the heartwarming comments
- Overall build quality and fit & finish
Excellent overall. Bad things - The rear windows roll down slightly and need to keep an eye if it starts raining or during wash.
- Interior design & quality
Beats expectation, esp seating fabric, music system, wider tyres, etc.
- Interior space and comfort
Class leading, the front seats could have been wider (compare to Vista)
- Air conditioner, seat support, ergonomics and other noteworthy interior points
A/C -- world class with no issues.
- Engine performance & driveability in the city
I rarely feel its a diesel driving in city. It drives like a petrol. Yes, start from second gear, takes 3rd at 30kmph.
- Engine performance & driveability on the highway
Fairly good for all families. The drive is not so exciting between 120-140 compared to bigger cars etc,
- Additional comments on the engine (outright power, refinement, turbo-lag etc.)
Cold engine is noisy
no turbo lag,
B'lore city milage for diesel is outright inconsistent and I just cannot attribute to the dynamics of city traffic or my driving or whatever ?
- Overall opinion on the engine
Decent performer, its not the quickest, but is there on the top.

- Gearshift / transmission quality, smoothness, response time etc.
almost butter smooth (98% of times)
- Fuel efficiency : City and Highway
Highway -- stick to around ~80kmph and assured of 22+
- Suspension & ride quality
Fantastic -- as commented by one pregnany woman, Also note, somehow she preferred front seats to rear.
Handling, on-road behaviour and grip levels
Excellent, top class.
- Comments on the steering, braking, high speed stability etc.
ABS kicked in a bit early on gravel road couple of times.
- Any particular likes (damped ashtrays, powerful headlights, music system etc.)
Music system, A/C, all round view, Bluetooth, 1 hour mode for music system without keys etc
Bluetooth performance with Nokia is excellent with calls switching from phone to music system etc, no call drops with ignition off etc.
- Any particular dislikes (small mirrors, weak wipers, weak foglamps etc.)
The A pillar blocks views, be cautious at right curves and junctions.
- Review on overall practicality (luggage room, ease of ingress/egress, cubby holes etc.)
On Top, if not above all in the category.
- Any niggles, problems or part replacements faced
Rear window rolls down by 1-2 cms. I have rattles due to micro loose passenger airbag.
- Quality of after-sales service (if experienced)
So far its been good overall. They broke the bonnet opener and the part has not arrived till now (> 6 months)
- Cost of upkeep & maintenance
~1300/- for free service. Thats it.

The Nano also completed around 1000kms along with Figo & Vista. The Vista did additional 1k. The Vista is at 30k after 15 months of ownership. The nano is rarely used, but surprised us all with its 1400kms and 1000 kms trips in last few weeks which involved GQ drives too.
Nano gives 23+ on long drives. One can drive Nano B'lore to shimoga without refill!!!
The Vista had tyre bubbles (warranty issue) on bridgestones, I beleive couple of bridge stones on Figo too have the same issue.

Insurance reneval -
1. Due to one claim early days of ownership, I got a quote for 13.7k from Bajaj alliance, add 4.5k for drive assurance.
on to second year....
Attached Thumbnails
Small Car - The Paradox of Choice! My Ford Figo EDIT: Sold!-img_0298.jpg  

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 30th April 2011 at 17:32.
ownerofazkaban is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2011, 08:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the extensive update. Good to see you are enjoying the car. About the rattle from the airbag area. Are you sure its the airbag unit. It could be the a/c condenser. I think some people had this rattle that got sorted out with some extra packing from ford.
gemithomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 23:45   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Complaints
*) bonnet opener plastic pull lever broken during second service, am still waiting for the call when the stock arrives.
Which one are you talking about ? The one that's inside the car in the passenger foot well

or

the one which is outside and pops out a bit ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Issues:
1. The bonnet release latch that pops out was broken @ 2nd service and still not replaced. Part not available at Lathangi :(
- Quality of after-sales service (if experienced)
So far its been good overall. They broke the bonnet opener and the part has not arrived till now (> 6 months)
I just saw that you are referring to the one that pops out.

Even mine broke a few days back. Any idea about the cost of the part ?

I'll be going to my car dealer to check out if he has the part.

Don't know why car companies make such non durable car parts !

Last edited by aah78 : 9th June 2011 at 00:27. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 11th June 2011, 18:28   #44
BHPian

Went to the dealership and got the part replaced. Here's the link to the rest of the story:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2387576
Old 11th June 2011, 22:20   #45
BHPian

@Diesel Lover

Don't worry, any place where they charge for labor would charge you. Once there is charge, there would be ST/VAT and then the cess ...

Just add up the amount of indirect taxes we pay, I think we pay 60% of earnings as Tax

On The positive note, mine was broken during service, so I had recently visited the workshop to get my Fog lamps checked which had gone Kaput ... the SA kept on telling me its N/A , however the lead there helped get the part since its been 6 months. They did not charge me for this and fixing my fog lamps .... the wiring was cut somehow. They fixed the fog lamps and the bonnet pull lever.

So my goody goody experience from Maruti continues at Lathangi Ford

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 11th June 2011 at 22:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks