Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2010, 14:11   #16
BHPian

Re: My 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander – Vogue White & Aggressive

Congrats! for making such an awesome choice. And it looks beautiful in white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrazy View Post
11. I would have preferred 225 or 235 section tyres as opposed to the 215s that are standard. Not an issue. Planning to upgrade after 6 months or so anyways.
Why not upgrade them immediately? The newer your tyres the better resale value you'll get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrazy View Post
Any questions/comments are most welcome. I am a novice writer so please accept my limited writing skills.
But quite a photographer. Really like the pictures you've taken. Good job!
Old 9th December 2010, 15:21   #17
BANNED

carrazy congrats on your outlander

wish mitsubishi comes out with a diesel very soon
Old 9th December 2010, 16:43   #18
BHPian

Congratulations, hope you are enjoying the new beast!.

Unfortunate thing to report on my outy ( now abt 10,000 KM), I took her out on a camping trip to eastern side of Nilgiris last weekend and put "speed" petrol from the Nanjangund (outside Mysoor towards Bandipur road) BP petrol bunk. since that evening I felt a slight hesitation in acceleration and I ignored it since it was only a few times. This afternoon, the engine warning lights have come on, called SVR motors (Bangalore), lets see what the diagnostics is...

if its a fuel filter then its a 10K bummer...
will keep you posted.
regards
SK Nair
Old 9th December 2010, 17:25   #19
BHPian

Hi
The looks of the vehicle is nice. In white its much more beautiful. The petrol engine is a beg let down. But for that the quality of build and finish is awesome. You have mentioned the mileage as 7-8kmpl inside city. Thats pretty decent before the first service. Congratulations on your buy and all the best towards adding many more miles on it.
Cheers.
Old 9th December 2010, 18:08   #20
BHPian

Many congratulations carrazy on the OL! Great writeup and stunning pics!
Apologies for wishing you a bit late - had been out of action (read forum) for a bit.
Am glad that inputs I provided helped you in putting down (in whatever little manner) your money on this aweome vehicle. Have fun and drive safe
Old 9th December 2010, 19:25   #21
BHPian

Oh my, she's such a beauty - I just LOVE the front grille. Great car, great pics... have a lot of fun with her in the days and years to come, carrazy! Cheers!
Old 9th December 2010, 22:35   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Congratulations, hope you are enjoying the new beast!.

Unfortunate thing to report on my outy ( now abt 10,000 KM), I took her out on a camping trip to eastern side of Nilgiris last weekend and put "speed" petrol from the Nanjangund (outside Mysoor towards Bandipur road) BP petrol bunk. since that evening I felt a slight hesitation in acceleration and I ignored it since it was only a few times. This afternoon, the engine warning lights have come on, called SVR motors (Bangalore), lets see what the diagnostics is...

if its a fuel filter then its a 10K bummer...
will keep you posted.
regards
SK Nair
Similar issue happened with my Indica petrol when I was travelling from Pune to Chennai, I filled Petrol in a deserted bunk(MRPL bunk) and post that faced issues and while reaching Bangalore engine warning light started to glow. I called up all service center of TATA and everyone had the same recitation after me explaining the car situation "It should be due to adulterated petrol, Just fill up the tank once again and drive for another 50 KM, post that engine warning light should go off". As they said it went off in another 50 KM.

Well, you can also try the same rather going ahead with fuel filter change.

carrazy - Congrats on your new possession
Old 10th December 2010, 14:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
Similar issue happened with my Indica petrol when I was travelling from Pune to Chennai, I filled Petrol in a deserted bunk(MRPL bunk) and post that faced issues and while reaching Bangalore engine warning light started to glow. I called up all service center of TATA and everyone had the same recitation after me explaining the car situation "It should be due to adulterated petrol, Just fill up the tank once again and drive for another 50 KM, post that engine warning light should go off". As they said it went off in another 50 KM.

Well, you can also try the same rather going ahead with fuel filter change.

carrazy - Congrats on your new possession
Some thing similar happened, I filled from shell yesterday evening, after some time the warning light went off...
Anyway I took it to SVR, Shravan there hooked it up to the MUT and yes it showed a cylinder misfire event. Obviously suspicion was the adulterated fuel, he erased the code and re-done testing and then we went for a round of test drive and came back, everything normal. Prasad (GM) and Shravan at the SVR motors is very knowledgeable and above all you can hang around and ask all questions!

thanks
SK Nair.
Old 10th December 2010, 21:53   #24
BHPian

As much as I like the review, I absolutely love the car..
Oh why isint the price of petrol less? So near.. but so far...
Old 11th December 2010, 18:40   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

I suggest upgrading now, you'll get the best exchange price.
I have also started noticing the Tyre noise especially on highways at 100+ speeds, what are the options available (brands) and would the upgrade to 225/235 section mess with driving dynamics or electronics?

Any pointers would be helpful...

regards
SkNair
Old 11th December 2010, 22:19   #26
BHPian

Mean looking outtie ,man.Sorry but a bit late congrats.Nice pics .nice writing style.I loved the meter console.
Drive safe
SHK
Old 12th December 2010, 18:12   #27
BHPian

Congrats for your new Outlander. Have you done any off-roading ????
Old 13th December 2010, 20:41   #28
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase. I can just imagine the joy of waking up every morning and have the feeling of an "EVO nosed" Off roader parked in your house. Look forward to spotting your ride on the roads if you decide to sport t-bhp colors.
Old 14th December 2010, 14:06   #29
BHPian

carrazy, Congrats on the buy. Car looks stunning in white colour and lovely pics with good review.
But why you had safari, scorpio and Innova in choice when you are intended to book one in 20 lakhs segment.
Please post some interior pics.
Old 15th December 2010, 14:02   #30
BHPian

First things first, PLEASE accept my apologies for a late reply. I have been quite busy with work & stuff. Anyways, thank you everyone for your wishes and comments. I'll try my best to update this thread regularly as we move on.
More pictures will be posted this weekend as I haven't yet got a chance to click more of them lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Superb review carrazy. Congratulations on your new Outlander. It is one of my personal favourites and I have been seeing many Outlanders on the roads in recent. I think they are selling in good numbers.

The car looks superb in White. I just flipped for the sound quality of that RF audio system which comes standard. I just hope a diesel comes soon. That will boost sales for sure.

Enjoy your new car and do update this thread regularly with your ownership experience. Drive safe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Sorry CR-V lovers, but this is what takes the cake.

If there was a diesel power-plant, it would do wonders to the sale.

Your Mitsu looks awesome mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Lovely review and congratulations on acquiring the Outlander.White looks simply majestic.Happy Motoring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Congratulations @carrazy. The car is stunning. Nice photography as well. Drive safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Wonderfully penned down review there. Fantastic looking car as well. I had seen this in a mall in Bangalore. Damn loved the Evo front and the LED taillights.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat View Post
Congratulations for great buying decision. Mitsubishi Outlander is the best available softroader available in India currently and it is no doubt a stunner when it comes to the front looks.
Thank You All.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
great car and great review, though do black out your car number on the photos.
Thank you. It is the temporary number so I think its alright to display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
One thing. Did you get the extended warranty. You shouldnt need it though, but its still good to have it incase.. Though, you can buy ot anytime before they current, 2 yr warranty expires. They are working on some AMC plan as well, should come soon.
Yes I did get the extended warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by em17 View Post
Congratulations on your new Outlander.Amazing ride. Have always loved the "jet fighter" look. Super duper hot in white.Coming for a ride soon bro. Now both you brothers have cars with looks to die for.The Chevy and the Mitsu.
Anytime Baggy. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnivara View Post
Fantabulous review carrazy and yes, the cars looks mind blowing in white. The 2nd & 4th pictures might push 'someone' to go for this beauty. The 6-speed CVT auto tranny with those gorgeous paddles, will make driving a pleasure and not to mention the audio system
No auto-dimming mirror on a 20+ lac SUV? Thats a bit cheapo mindset of Mitsu and as gaurav said, the Jet-Fighter grille do remains me of an Evo.
What is the 'INFO' button is for and more interior pics
Do update this thread regularly and congrats once again. I envy you!
Thanks. The info button is to cycle through the MID functions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphin1 View Post
Great review and congrats bro.
Also what is the FE you are getting?
Thanks
Thanks. FE is still under calculation. I'll update you after the first service which is in this month itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A+ review & pictures. Congrats on the Outlander, Carrazy! If this Mitsubishi had a diesel, it would enjoy atleast 3X the sales it does today. Amazing road manners & overall quality.
I suggest upgrading now, you'll get the best exchange price.
Thanks GTO. Means a lot to me coming from a reviewer like yourself.
The decision regarding the tyres is still in the pipeline. I think I'll probably wait for some time before going for fatter ones.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks