Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2011, 12:03   #166
BHPian

Re: The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story

Naveen,
Thanks for the report. Could you please tell me what was the turbo issue exactly and what did they do?
Seems yours and mine service report looks almost the same except the labour. Yours is on a very higher side. I guess it is due to the filter cleaning for the turbo as mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
4. Item#6, Screw, is this some special screw, because @ 74.40 it seems a bit expensive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain.vanilla View Post
A Rs.74 screw. What screw is that?
I see you bought the windshield cleaner concentrate. What brand do they use? Is it the one with the nice fragrance?
This is screw for the engine oil sump. This screw is replaces at every service.
Yes, its the same windhield cleaner. It costs around 500 INR for 400 ml. Please correct me if i'm wrong

Last edited by mikon : 14th October 2011 at 12:10.
Old 14th October 2011, 23:13   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

naveen- did you resolve the hardness problem in your key fob? I remember you mentioning that earlier.
Old 15th October 2011, 09:29   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks guys.
@Autoindian - Yes, the screws are a bit expensive and they are for the oil sump. Other details I will have to check with them. Didnt go much technical with them as I was egaer to check the turbo problem.

@mikon - The turbo problem was kinda like I felt the turbo wasnt kicking in. While overtaking, I had to frequently downshift to overtake others. Having so much torque, this was weird. I was able to overtake with ease during my initial period. After driving for around 1-2 hours, the turbo goes missing. I could feel the difference since I drive a diesel swift most of the time. If turbo wasnt working, it should have been the case always but it works at times. Many tbhpians advised that its because of the dust being accumulated in the filter. During servicing, they checked and that was the problem. 15kms without service and driving through bad road conditions caused this. Now it's working fine.
Yes, service came a bit more than expected.

@plain.vanilla - It's just the ordinary one. Didnt find any fragrance.

@noops - The keys are generally hard and many Vento owners reported this, many of which upgraded from Maruti, autocop and other keys find it difficult. The key as such is fine. They had initially replaced the keys for free. I just reported it but didnt change as the turbo problem was my main concern which went well.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2011, 13:11   #169
Senior - BHPian

I'm glad that it was just the air filter as we originally suspected. Don't they replace it in 15k service?

If the air filter is easily accessible, then a cleaning every 7.5k kms should help if you frequently travel on bad and dusty roads. Haven't checked it so far, will do so and report.
Old 11th November 2011, 11:37   #170
BHPian

Hi naveen.raju

I very recently joined the forum and would be upgrading from a swift vdi to vento tdi HL by december. Please post a detailed comparison between the two, if its possible.

Any adaptability issues you faced moving from swift to vento?
Old 19th February 2012, 10:05   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
@mikon - The turbo problem was kinda like I felt the turbo wasnt kicking in. While overtaking, I had to frequently downshift to overtake others. Having so much torque, this was weird. I was able to overtake with ease during my initial period. After driving for around 1-2 hours, the turbo goes missing. I could feel the difference since I drive a diesel swift most of the time. If turbo wasnt working, it should have been the case always but it works at times. Many tbhpians advised that its because of the dust being accumulated in the filter. During servicing, they checked and that was the problem. 15kms without service and driving through bad road conditions caused this. Now it's working fine.
Yes same issue with my Swift D.

The funny thing is MASS guys, always say they cleaned it, cleaned it. Frankly speaking there dont much with the cleaning.

Only recently, I did found out that the stock filter costs a mere Rs 350, I have decided that I will replace the stock filter every 5000 Kms, helps the car breath much cleaner.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed