Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2010, 21:00   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Congrats man for this eye treat .I meant the jet that you own.Nice tyre upgrade.Nice pics.i THINK INTERIORS ARE BETTER THAN THE other lineas.
Drive her safe.
Sreehari
Thanks shk. Yes the interiors are better but not drastically. I mean you get to know the reality once you touch the switches. Cannot make it by just seeing t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Congrats! I remember seeing a car on 4 jacks while passing by at tyre empire. Looks like it was your car. Seems like you stay in whitefield?
Buddy I am Rohit, cousin of Rahul (I always accompany him when we come to your house) ... Now this is strange that you did not know my profile till date :-( .. Yes I live in AECS layout. (Remember I called you for apartment query?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Congrats!
Oh man ! what a sight, Linea looks damn gorgeous in those pictures.
I liked the logo on the front grilles and 'come & Kiss me poise'.

You ought to be lucky to own this flying machine.

How much did the S Drives cost you ? what about the trade-in price for GY ?
Thanks bnzjon. To me car car is quite less photogenic if you believe me. I tried so many angles but none of them looked so beautiful the way it looks in flesh. Getting beautiful pics of my Palio is rather very easy. :-)

The S-drive came for 6800 bucks a piece. I got an exchange of 3 grands on the NCTs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Beautiful car and nice pictures & description!! The SunBeam Beige color looks awesome! This and the new Tuscan wine are my favorite shades on the Linea.
One question. Why did you change the wheels? I thought the ride quality and handling is already very good with the GYs.
Thanks theragingbull. I too liked Tuscan wine after beige and white. I did not buy white due to cabbish look. ANd Tuscan vine is getting common quite fastly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
oye oye oye. congrats on your new jet. the night photos are absolutely drool material. absolutely awesome. Once a FIAT always a FIAT
Thanks Soccerfan. There is no good place to do car photography in blore buddy. Top of that I did not have a tripod. I had to keep my camera on a stool to take slow shutter shots ;-) ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Congrats on the Linea TJET, looks awesome in this color!

BTW why you need to balance new alloys?
Thanks finneyp. The OE wheels comes balanced based on stock. The same has to get balanced if we are changing the stocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNSEL View Post
What the hell man! When will my Jet flying dreams come true??? My eyes are in tears now.. Your Jet oozes out the Character, soul, I think it has a heart which beats, I'm sure it has many more sense organs than a Human. I'm touched.

Congrats on the Jet. Lets meet up some day as I want to show my Fiat 1100, how her sibling is going to look like.
THanks COUNSEL. Buddy you'll get something better than T-Jet some day believe me. It happened to me since GTX was my dream couple of years back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryManUnited View Post
Absolutely rocking pictures man ! Congrats and enjoy !
Thanks GloryManUnited :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
congratulations on your latest aquisition! She looks beautiful. Drive safe.
Thanks prince_pervez :-)..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keychain View Post
Wow amazing, congrats buddy. The car resembles me of camry from your favourite angle. Good photography too. Enjoy your ride.
Thanks Keychain :-).

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
Congrats on your new car No doubt, Linea is a wonderful car.
Also , post some review about the dealership and its experience.
On road price please.
Yoko's are wonderful Tires and it will never let you down, I had the same one in my Corolla a year back. How much does it costs now??
Thanks camchennai. Well the dealership feedback goes like this starting day-1 :
I took my parents to kht motors to have them sit at back seat and check if they find it good. That was the emotion pack. One salesguy came in and offered his service. Upon asking about T-Jet that guy said," Sir T-Jet is Tata Jet which is coming in Manja these days" ..
I gave some nice dossiers to that guy about how much fun they are been in forums like Team-Bhp. Hearing this halla gulla one more salesguy came on for rescue. This guy had 10% more knowledge than the previous one.
I explained him in and out about T-jet and advised him to note them somewhere for some other customer.
Ultimately that guy started talking to my parents when they came to know that he too belongs to my native. Their chat ended with "Pranaam chachaji and Pranaam chaachiji" .. For sometime I felt I got my kumbh ke mele me bichhda hua bhai..

Anyways jokes apart. So I booked my Linea on 8th Nov and they promised me to deliver it on or before 28th. They did.
Before PDI they called me and asked if I want to have a look in the car. Since it was happening in Peenya, I chose not to go.
Things happened quite seamlessly without any hickup thankfully. In every transaction and dealings these guys were very courteous. Individually I felt they are very good guys. All they lack a little more training about the product.
I spotted a small scracth beneath the driver's gate a day before the delivery. I reported the manager regarding this, he prmptly came to the service station and took a look. Next day I saw that fixed. Thank God!.

Today their team came to my house to hand me over the Bottle of Wine. They took some photographs (maybe for proof) and left. It really gave a privileged feeling.

About the tires
The S-drives are way bumpier than the GYs, but the grip while doing zig-zags and curves is faaaar better than GY. I mean do I need to mention the speciality of S-drives? I was happy with Yokos since I got the A-drives on my Palio. Only Yoko thereafter. I wish they made tyres for my scooter also

Overall I gave a CSAT rating of 9 out of 10 to kht guys. Now lets see how the service exp goes on.
BTW, I met a gentleman at the tyre shop who perhaps booked a ANHC. I referred him to kht to TD the Jet. I got a news today that the guy had canceled the ANHC for T-Jet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Congrats speedpujari! With the jet, now you should be able to do justice to your nick. S-Drives look fantastic. What was the pocket damage?
Thanks NutsNBolts. Everything including came lesser than ANHC LOL!.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 12th December 2010 at 14:43. Reason: Please use the EDIT function instead of posting back-to-back posts within 20 minutes. Thanks.
Old 11th December 2010, 21:05   #17
BANNED

re: Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 5k km & 1st service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Thanks NutsNBolts. Everything including came lesser than ANHC LOL!.
he he. This is really funny. Even after few services, I think the cost will be still lesser than ANHC!
Old 11th December 2010, 21:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

re: Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 5k km & 1st service

Quote:

^^ The come and KISS me Poise
Hi Speed Pujari

I wish that no other vehicle ever takes the above offer from your Linea T-Jet.

Congratulations on your new Linea, she looks indeed very beautiful.
Wish you a long and fun filled association with her.

Drive Safe, Have fun
Old 11th December 2010, 22:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Upon asking about T-Jet that guy said," Sir T-Jet is Tata Jet which is coming in Manja these days" ..

Today their team came to my house to hand me over the Bottle of Wine. They took some photographs (maybe for proof) and left. It really gave a privileged feeling.
BTW, I met a gentleman at the tyre shop who perhaps booked a ANHC. I referred him to kht to TD the Jet. I got a news today that the guy had canceled the ANHC for T-Jet.
TATA jet - That was a real comedy, how come TATA or Fiat doesn't provide any product training before their launch? Still TATA-Fiat need to learn more lession

Wine bottle - Does the dealership give wine bottle to their customers?? Strange, what will they do if customer is a teetotaler?

At last, Linea is getting real admiration
Old 11th December 2010, 22:31   #20
BHPian

Congrats speed pujari. I understand why you bought the jet after seeing your username brother. A petrol car with a turbocharger and torque like a diesel must be a pleasure to drive.
I wish you enjoy many more happy miles with your Jet. Hoping to see more pics.

FYI Fiat used to manufacture fighter jets till mid 20th century and most of the jets used during World War I were Fiat make. I was searching for the Fiat T-Jet when I came across this:
Fiat G.91 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Fiat G91 fighter Jet)

Surviving Brain.
Old 11th December 2010, 23:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Speed Pujari, I am short of words for your Jet. The night shots will put to shame even the best of photographers, donno if it is the Jet-effect or it's your shooting skill, but it's surely an eye-treat. You said you waited for GTX & got the Jet instead. Hope some day even I am that lucky. The 1.6 Multijet is my dream machine & if it comes under the skin of T-Jet plus, then there would be no looking back for me.
Old 11th December 2010, 23:44   #22
BHPian

Congrats! Do update when you cross the mandatory run-in-period!
Old 12th December 2010, 00:50   #23
BHPian

Congrates Speed_pujari
Linea in sunbeam beige is really looking hot.
The color is looking like 24 K gold. Shining, glittering and glowing.
S-drive tyres means you can touch 200 km/hr (plz don't touch anywhere in India)
Hoping Dec'10 count of Linea (all variants) will cross 2000 mark.
Old 12th December 2010, 01:02   #24
BHPian

Congrats on the terrific car buddy, amazing pictures. I wan't to see more pictures to admire the car as well as photographic skills.
Old 12th December 2010, 15:03   #25
BHPian

Congrats on your new buddy - its the best FIAT till date and just love the addiction these new generation FIATs have. They are extremely good, lovable, drivable, trusty etc etc I have so many adjectives to add for them. Take care of her
Old 12th December 2010, 15:16   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surviving Brain View Post
FYI Fiat used to manufacture fighter jets till mid 20th century and most of the jets used during World War I were Fiat make. I was searching for the Fiat T-Jet when I came across this:
Added to the above, T-Jet's Alloys reminds me of a Jet's fan blades!
Attached Thumbnails
Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-1.jpg  

Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-140189.jpg  

Old 12th December 2010, 15:45   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNSEL View Post
he he. This is really funny. Even after few services, I think the cost will be still lesser than ANHC!
Fingers crossed. My Palio never disappoints the size of pocket hole BTW. :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Speed Pujari

I wish that no other vehicle ever takes the above offer from your Linea T-Jet.

Congratulations on your new Linea, she looks indeed very beautiful.
Wish you a long and fun filled association with her.

Drive Safe, Have fun
Thanks StarVegabond :-) ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surviving Brain View Post
Congrats speed pujari. I understand why you bought the jet after seeing your username brother. A petrol car with a turbocharger and torque like a diesel must be a pleasure to drive.
I wish you enjoy many more happy miles with your Jet. Hoping to see more pics.

Fiat G.91 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Fiat G91 fighter Jet)

Surviving Brain.
Thanks Surviving Brain :-) .. I knew little about their Jet engines but a whole fighter is a news to me :-) .. I am feeling lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations Speed Pujari, I am short of words for your Jet. The night shots will put to shame even the best of photographers, donno if it is the Jet-effect or it's your shooting skill, but it's surely an eye-treat. You said you waited for GTX & got the Jet instead. Hope some day even I am that lucky. The 1.6 Multijet is my dream machine & if it comes under the skin of T-Jet plus, then there would be no looking back for me.
:-) thanks buddy. It is the car which should get the accolades and not the photography skills. Though photography is my hobby.
The 1.6 multijet is going to be an absolute blast. Take my words, someday you will be starting a thread like this for your 1.6 MJD:-) ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Congrats! Do update when you cross the mandatory run-in-period!
Thanks breezydrive. Well to put myself into the pool of fools, there is no run-in for T-Jet LOL!. It is a voluntary run-in, you know automobiliar emotions right ?.. The dealers told me rip it off from day-1 itself. Keep yourself in my shoes and think, can you ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat&Me View Post
Congrates Speed_pujari
Linea in sunbeam beige is really looking hot.
The color is looking like 24 K gold. Shining, glittering and glowing.
S-drive tyres means you can touch 200 km/hr (plz don't touch anywhere in India)
Hoping Dec'10 count of Linea (all variants) will cross 2000 mark.
Thanks Fiat&Me :-) .. I finished 'Sonax'ing my car today and it is glittering even more ;-) .. On the whitefield varthur road I am able to do 110 kmph at 2100 rpm in 5th gear, unknowingly and unwillingly LOL!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
Congrats on the terrific car buddy, amazing pictures. I wan't to see more pictures to admire the car as well as photographic skills.
Thanks v.anand. Myself, EARTHed and Madhukar had long back planned to do a photo shoot. Lets see when I get the chance for the shoot again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Congrats on your new buddy - its the best FIAT till date and just love the addiction these new generation FIATs have. They are extremely good, lovable, drivable, trusty etc etc I have so many adjectives to add for them. Take care of her
Thanks kailashnj :-) .. If I tell you the fact then you get a little low. The tendency to handle potholes, breaker etc. is way better in my Palio than Linea ;-) .. Linea wins in the curve department.

Last edited by Dippy : 12th April 2011 at 11:31. Reason: Editing alcohol content and removing wine bottle pictures
Old 12th December 2010, 16:16   #28
BHPian

hearliest congratulations on buying the jet. I am targetting to buy the jet in 2011 diwali.
Old 12th December 2010, 17:12   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
hearliest congratulations on buying the jet. I am targetting to buy the jet in 2011 diwali.
Thanks Pawan :-) .. Take my Best wishes as well for your plan execution :-)
Old 12th April 2011, 11:56   #30
BHPian

Thanks Eddy for reopening this thread.
I got my first free service done @5k kms. Expectation was conventional and the pledge made by any other Fiat Dealership was kept up.

Thank you fiat for failing again and keeping av average Fiat'an unique in crowd.

Problems I reported in the car with status-
1. Mild sound while shifting gear from 1st to second and vice versa. Status- The sound has been reduced, NOT FIXED.

2. Rear door rattling- They screwed it up. The door bead was misaligned, they fixed it, but the door is mialigned from different angle now. Is it a Lemon? NOT FIXED

3. AC stinking- I reported this, seems they put some kind of chemical in the vent which smelled like kerosene. It took a while for the smell to go off, the stinking odour was gone but the joy was shortlived. I am getting mild same scent again gradually.

4. I am 100% sure that Fiat has not trained the mechanics. Fiat you are repeating the same mistakes again let me warn you. These mechanics took (hold your breath) 2.5 hours to replace the engine oil.

5. No feedback form given to me. I think the service advisor got many forms signed from me, since it was getting late I too did not made a point to have a look into each document. Another crooky Fiat dealership.

6. Service advisor need some crash course. He persuaded that the gear problem has been fixed and the reason was (dont laugh at his ignorance please), there was some 'kachda' in the gear. ..

7. My FE is 8.9 kmpl in B2B traffic and 12-14 kmpl on highway. This is when a T-Jet is drven like a T-Jet. This is under average driving styles.

8. I have reported the price difference of accessories to the Fiat support guys. Till now no update.

The car experience-
1. I must thank Fiat 'ITALY' for making such a wonderful product. The car has been keeping up to my expectation. The ride a little bumpy after getting the S-drives on, but still it is ok for me.

2. People graduating from shorter gear ratios beware, this car may test your patience and can test your speed to shift gears. The car becomes a dud in 2nd gear beyond 2k rpm though it achieves 60 kmph. This may be frustrating at time when you are trying to overtake fast vehicle. You have to shift while on the half way of overtaking.

3. The comfort level is something I can go ga ga about. I did a blr-ranganthittu and back with only a break of 3 hours. Drove for like 360 kms up and down. I reached back home and did a round trip in city again for like 100 kms. No fatigue AT ALL. I was still fresh as if I have not driven.

4. Two instances of getting scratches. First one was on the rear right fender arch when I underestimated an orthogonal right turn. It was quite a big one, but got it fixed at Sai Colorium. Very nice work indeed. Sorry I do not have after and before shots. Second scratch is on the bumper, may get it fixed once I get time.

5. The rear headroom is crampy and I realised this last weekend when an american friend of mine had to take the rear seat. He was like 5'11" and his head was touching the roof already.

6. After the first free service I feel the gear shifting has become a little softer. Still the shifting is on the harder side.

7. The interior plastics are ok and till date I did not manage to make them rattle ;-) .. Still going strong fingers crossed.

6. The dash plastics are repellent to good quality dash polish like sonax. It does not spread properly and need quite a lot of sprays to get good effect. Remember that Sonax does not give a shining effect but a rejuvenated effect.

7. Overall i am loving the car and the frustration it gives gets cancelled by sheer joy of driving.

Overall money spent on the car during the service-
1. Windshield cleaner refill- Rs. 100
2. Cosummable- Rs. 200 IIRC

Total- Rs. 300

Things I got done on my cost-
Engine oil Selenia with the labor charge- Rs. 2700

Total- Rs. 3100 odd

Other maintenance-
Dent repair- Rs. 2500/-

No accessories fitted till date. Waiting for the right prices,m I want all of them.

In the meantime I have also reported the problems to Fiat customer support number. Hope they awake and do something about it.

Note to Fiat- I can sniff the starting of older problems like we had during Palio Days. The car made by Fiat Italy is awesome, but if nothing is done about it then I am sorry I may not refer this brand to anyone. I too may move out once my Loan is over. I own two fiats but if things do not change I may have to take that decision.

Sorry Fiat "India", you seem to be failing again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks