Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2010, 15:45   #1
BHPian

Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update

My car -" Call honey now?"
Myself -"Yes"
Next Moment, I see my wife sitting on the passenger seat, and all I can see outside is fog, mist and cloud. I pull down the windows by push of a button and I see Google earth interface outside. I saw two wings on each side of that mode transportation I was in.

My car- "Time dekhe ho? it is 7 o'clock already."

Next moment I saw myself surrounded by mosquito net, trying to wave myself out. I saw a time piece kind of thing right iin front of reading 7o'clock.

Myself - "Holy.... that was a good morning dream". And that Mycar was either my wife, or the blue and me, or both.

It was the lazy sunday morning of 28 Nov, I jumped off my bed and in no time got ready. Lately I realized the soap I bathe with was the handwash and not the body wash.. Anyways who cares.

So 28th Nov was the date which I chose to get the delivery of my Sunbeam Beige T-Jet(it was scheduled 27th).
10.30 AM I get a call " Sir your car is ready, please come and collect it" this sounded like my Laundry man giving a call for the laundered clothes.

I passed through my basement where I saw my trusty Palio waving its tail. I told him, "Buddy I am going to get you new sibling today"..
Palio winked ;-) ..

The good, the bad and the ugly of this car has been discussed to saturation point, thus I dont want to bug the reader of this thread who are patient enough to read each and every line.

PDI was done a day back at kht's peenya yard, so I did not have time and patience to go to Peenya all the way from Indira nagar. Temporarily I trusted the dealers. Well they did a good work or rather they did those things also which told them 100 times not to do. They poked the ugly after market mud flaps over the rear bumper. I got them removed.

So I got the delivery seamlessly. I am pretty happy since the dealer made us feel privileged at every point in time. An example is delivery on Sunday on my request.

^^ Delivery Day

^^ Delivery Day

^^ Delivery Day

^^ Delivery Day

Blue and Me was new to me. I asked for assistance from the salesguy. He told me to turn on the bluetooth. Next he spoke " Settings". Nothing happened. He became louder and went near to the rear view mirror and yelled " Settings !" ..
He yelled third time and I had to yell at him. He was so loud that my ear became numb and started doing "tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" ..

Conclusion- I have to help myself learning this blue and me feature. I have no time to do that, lets see.

(It is till today that all I know about B&M is how to make a call and how to start the media player thats it.)

They gave me 5 lit Petrol coupon from HP. I remember my scooter jerks after filling petrol from there. I gracefully returned the coupon back and straightaway headed to Shell where I got the empty stomach filled.

Next stop was Tyre Empire where I had ordered for set of 4 Yoko S-drives. I must Thank Nikhil for guiding me while selecting tyres. Initially I planned for Advan, but concluded that it might be an overkill. In any case I had to get rid of the crapiest GYs.

^^ Tyres getting replaced

The tyre empire guys did not have the sticker type weights. They were about to remove the OE weights when I told them to stop. I remember that Madhus have them. The only hick was I had to drive the unbalanced wheels for another 2 weeks. I drove and had a near horrible experience due to wobbling at ORR. It is today only that I got my wheels balanced.

Driving Experience-
It is taking a while for me to catch up the clutching, seating position and gas pedal after graduating from Palio. Since the seating provide heavy permutation and combination, i am finding it difficult to get my best position.

I am trying to maintain rpm < 2500 for 1000 kms. After which I am planning to get the oil replaced. Post 1000kms I am going to be a monster.

Handling wise, being a Fiat owner I cannot define or rather I dont know what is bad handling. So no comments on this part since I do not have any parameter to compare.

The media player sounded awful when I took the delivery. After doing some jugglings i found the equalizer which had all bars flattened. I tuned it and Holy!.. I dont think I need an ICE upgrade sooner !..

WIth this car, I have stopped worrying about the surge which one need while overtaking.
The 3rd and fourth gear are sweet points for me given the scenario of maintaining <2500 rpm levels.

I am 5'6" 63 kgs. The seats are overkill for me, I mean inches of space is left on either side of the seat and the driver cabin is not fully filled. Compared to ANHC where with my physique only the cabin felt like full.

I just went downstairs to check the FE. It reads 10.9. I dont know if it is good or bad. If 10.9 kmpl proves that the engine is in good condition, then I am happy. I dont want anything more than this.

Guys I am not getting more words. Might have got more had I typed this on the day of delivery. Sorry for this delay. When I did not have money to own a car then I had lot of time to drive them. Now when I got money to own them, there is no time to drive them.
I hardly know 20% of the available feature inside. Believe me guys I dont know how to operate the Auto Climate control.

Anyways, some pictures if you all have got bored out of my bak-bak. IT was last night only when I got a chance to take some photographs.

^^ The meaty Yokohama S drives

^^ My favorite angle

^^ The come and KISS me Poise

Last edited by Samurai : 11th December 2010 at 16:33. Reason: rule#11
Old 11th December 2010, 16:00   #2
BHPian

re: Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 5k km & 1st service

Congrats man for this eye treat .I meant the jet that you own.Nice tyre upgrade.Nice pics.i THINK INTERIORS ARE BETTER THAN THE other lineas.
Drive her safe.
Sreehari
Old 11th December 2010, 16:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 5k km & 1st service

Congrats! I remember seeing a car on 4 jacks while passing by at tyre empire. Looks like it was your car. Seems like you stay in whitefield?
Old 11th December 2010, 16:41   #4
BHPian

Congrats!
Oh man ! what a sight, Linea looks damn gorgeous in those pictures.
I liked the logo on the front grilles and 'come & Kiss me poise'.

You ought to be lucky to own this flying machine.

How much did the S Drives cost you ? what about the trade-in price for GY ?
Old 11th December 2010, 17:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful car and nice pictures & description!! The SunBeam Beige color looks awesome! This and the new Tuscan wine are my favorite shades on the Linea.
One question. Why did you change the wheels? I thought the ride quality and handling is already very good with the GYs.
Old 11th December 2010, 18:12   #6
BHPian

oye oye oye. congrats on your new jet. the night photos are absolutely drool material. absolutely awesome. Once a FIAT always a FIAT
Old 11th December 2010, 18:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Linea TJET, looks awesome in this color!

BTW why you need to balance new alloys?
Old 11th December 2010, 18:40   #8
BANNED

What the hell man! When will my Jet flying dreams come true??? My eyes are in tears now.. Your Jet oozes out the Character, soul, I think it has a heart which beats, I'm sure it has many more sense organs than a Human. I'm touched.

Congrats on the Jet. Lets meet up some day as I want to show my Fiat 1100, how her sibling is going to look like.
Old 11th December 2010, 19:36   #9
BHPian

Absolutely rocking pictures man ! Congrats and enjoy !
Old 11th December 2010, 19:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

congratulations on your latest aquisition! She looks beautiful. Drive safe.
Old 11th December 2010, 19:46   #11
BHPian

Wow amazing, congrats buddy. The car resembles me of camry from your favourite angle. Good photography too. Enjoy your ride.
Old 11th December 2010, 19:47   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
BTW why you need to balance new alloys?
Because with new tyres you need to do this every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
How much did the S Drives cost you ? what about the trade-in price for GY ?
I am also interested ot know the price as my civic requires this pretty soon.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 12th December 2010 at 14:44. Reason: Please use the EDIT function instead of posting back-to-back posts within 20 minutes. Thanks.
Old 11th December 2010, 20:26   #13
BHPian

Congrats on your new car No doubt, Linea is a wonderful car.
Also , post some review about the dealership and its experience.
On road price please.
Yoko's are wonderful Tires and it will never let you down, I had the same one in my Corolla a year back. How much does it costs now??
Old 11th December 2010, 20:30   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations! Great car! And those S-drives look fabulous.

I recently test drove this car and was hugely impressed by the T-jet engine. The engine is totally addictive. I am sure you will enjoy every minute of driving it.

Looking forward to reading more detailed driving experiences from you.
Old 11th December 2010, 20:40   #15
BHPian

Congrats speedpujari! With the jet, now you should be able to do justice to your nick. S-Drives look fantastic. What was the pocket damage?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks