Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2011, 12:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 5k km & 1st service

Trust Fiat to give us a beautiful gem of a car and then back it up with shoddy service where SAs attribute noise to "kachra in gearbox"!!

Is it possible to find a good independent garage to take care of the problems while you continue going to the authorised SS for the scheduled oil changes?
Old 12th April 2011, 12:32   #32
BHPian

re: Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 5k km & 1st service

^^ We can take chances with the older cars like Palio by taking it to independent garages. But I dont think its a good idea for a car under warranty. Moreover the issues faced by me are not major according to me. Give it a good "Trained" mechanic and he can fix it. The same logic is applicable to the independent worskshops as well, I mean how are they able to fix the issues which these idiots at TASS are unable to.

Blame it to incompetency of TASS, Dealer, mechanics and last but not the least yawning Fiat India.

I am optimistic of Fiat separating their after sales from Tata. Lets cross fingers and pray it happen soon.

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 12th April 2011 at 12:37.
Old 12th April 2011, 15:34   #33
BHPian

Did you face any problem with clutch getting harder ? Some of the Linea MJD owners are reporting it. I am still thinking of buying T-Jet during Diwali, hope until than Fiat will wake-up, otherwise I will have to settle with yet to launch Ford's New Fiesta.
Old 12th April 2011, 15:40   #34
J.Ravi

Belated congratulations and best wishes, Speed Pujari. The photographs of your Linea T-Jet+ are stunning.

Old 12th April 2011, 16:46   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Belated congratulations and best wishes, Speed Pujari. The photographs of your Linea T-Jet+ are stunning.
Thanks Ravi. You may like these as well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Did you face any problem with clutch getting harder ? Some of the Linea MJD owners are reporting it. I am still thinking of buying T-Jet during Diwali, hope until than Fiat will wake-up, otherwise I will have to settle with yet to launch Ford's New Fiesta.
Pawan, I have not faced any such issue Thank God !. Seems they have fixed the recurring problem in the current Gen Linea. Mine maybe a part of it.

Still, I think the spare parts are cheaper than any other brand which includes MS. The only downside with the car is shoddy after sales.

I would rather suggest that you wait and see if there is any improvement in their after sales. Till diwali is I think is a way short notice.

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 12th April 2011 at 16:51.
Speed Pujari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2011, 15:08   #36
BHPian

Finally kht motors guys have taken my car after the complaint to fiat. Since the workshop is very close to my house, I was able to see my car under test on the main road. I followed the guy from my Palio, and yes he was really testing it due his on purpose jerkings.

I have few photographs which shows the misalignments of rear and front doors-

This is the irony, read the sticker !.

The front door

I think a multi billion dollar company's flagship model should undergo quality test at least for the parts which is visible to eyes. I cannot buy the excuse that this may happen while transporting the vehicle.

Shoddy PDI, now I know why it is not important to get the PDI right in front of your eyes.

I will update on the status of my gears today. The same service guy (that gearbox kachda excuser) called me and said that they are going to replace the ear cable ... He is learning gradually.

I hope I get my car in good shape today.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th June 2011 at 19:45. Reason: Please use the Report Post feature to get attention of the Support Team. Thanks!
Old 26th June 2011, 16:24   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post

I have few photographs which shows the misalignments of rear and front doors-.
I am due to get registration and delivery of my black Tjet plus this coming friday. My Jet had arrived here last week. I did the PDI at Prerana motors' stockyard yesterday and found a slight misalignment on the driver side chrome lining below the windows/quarterpanels (similar to the pics you have posted here). Posting the pic

Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-25062011038.jpg

The co-driver side chrome lining seems ok but the right one has a slight difference between driver window and A pillar quarterpanel. Although the misalignment is not as obvious as the ones in your pics, I have 2 questions now for you, based on your experience

1. Does this misalignment in the chrome lining indicate some alignment issue in the body itself (which might crop up later as a problem) or is it just a cosmetic glitch that I can live with (I am willing to do that considering its hardly noticeable)?
Additional info -there seems to be no problem with the opening/closing of that door as observed during PDI.

2. can they just remove and paste a new chrome lining if its a cosmetic glitch

3. If not, can this thing be fixed before delivery or is it something very complex to do?

Just want your thoughts on this. I had my heart in the mouth when i went for PDI considering Fiat's infamous history, but fortunately the entire team-bhp PDI checklist went well for me except for this 1 glitch

Last edited by KarthikK : 26th June 2011 at 16:35. Reason: typo
Old 26th June 2011, 20:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 5k km & 1st ser

Have been a silent follower of this thread, SP, and I must say that this is still one of the most beautiful cars on the road, especially in the T-Jet version, with those 16-inch alloys. Also, excellent photographs from you.

There's been no updates from you for a while. Have your initial niggles been sorted out yet? It's actually a shame Fiat has to hamper the Linea with such issues.

Hope you have a great time with your Jet.
Old 26th June 2011, 20:31   #39
BHPian

Re: Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 5k km & 1st ser

Congrats Speed Pujari (apposite handle ) for the Linea. I snaps are just mind blowing. Linea looks awesome in Tuscan Vine and this Beige shade (what's the actual fancy name of the color?)
The misalignment issues are really glaring. When will the FIAT QC guys wake up from the slumber??
Old 26th June 2011, 22:22   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Linea looks awesome in Tuscan Vine and this Beige shade (what's the actual fancy name of the color?)
The shade is called Sunbeam beige
Old 27th June 2011, 13:34   #41
BHPian

@KarthikK- Hearty congrats for your purchase, you'll surely enjoy the ride and the ride quality will make you forget the niggles (Pls note that I am a big cribber and still saying this).

Regarding the door misalignment- I think this problem is more prevalent in T-Jet. I have checked couple of emotion packs and could not find in any one of them. I think the shop floor person for T-jet is either new or not satisfied by his job (he is non-passionate and unenthusiast).

As per my experience with the misaligned doors my advice is leave them as it is. I gave it a chance and ended up with a higher gap between door and fender. I wish I could undo it.

@architect and for the benefit of all, I planned to start another thread but thought I'll update it today about my current happenings and one Horror story.
Apparently the KHT guys have removed the rear center seat belt and they have screwed it up big times. They have removed the latch of rear left passenger by mistake, now the left passenger seat belt is not able to lock in the latch.
I found this yesterday since I was not using my car (or rear seats) since last visit to workshop.
Yesterday we were four of us travelling to Belur and while starting I found the seat belt missing and the other one unable to lock. (Some) people may call me an idiot but I have a rule that anyone taking a backseat in my car HAS to wear seatbelt on highways. Shocked with the missing belt and unable to lock the belt, I had to average my speed to 70 kmph on Hassan highway.

Who is payable for the time/money lost?

I am cooling myself bcoz I don't want to use abusive words against the service guys once I meet them. I am buying some time before I call them.

Second, there is a dent in the B pillar. This my dad noticed it yesterday, the dent is visible from certain angles. This MUST have happended while experimenting with the rear door alignment.
I am honestly running out of patience and may end up in consumer forum.
Still trying to keep my temper down before I take any such decision.

On the lighter side, the driving experience yesterday to belur was awesome. At times I risked driving at 165 kmph when the road was empty, but slowed down once I saw some traffic. The rear missing lock was bothering me throughout the journey.
The car handled awesome in the curves of Hassan-Belur road. Loved the braking, I did one panic braking to negotiate a speed breaker, I must say this is THE car for panic braking. Complemented by the S-drives, the car stood on track and there was no mark of getting unbalanced.

Time to call up and give some blastings to Fiat personnels.
Old 27th June 2011, 18:51   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Apparently the KHT guys have removed the rear center seat belt and they have screwed it up big times. They have removed the latch of rear left passenger by mistake, now the left passenger seat belt is not able to lock in the latch.
I found this yesterday since I was not using my car (or rear seats) since last visit to workshop.
They do it all the time in Delhi. The remove the belt and belt release and pull it our through the back into the boot. Just drop down the back of your backseat, re-insert these things through the back and adjust them. I don't think they have taken the trouble to actually remove it since it takes a lot of effort to do so.
Old 27th June 2011, 22:14   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
They do it all the time in Delhi. The remove the belt and belt release and pull it our through the back into the boot. Just drop down the back of your backseat, re-insert these things through the back and adjust them. I don't think they have taken the trouble to actually remove it since it takes a lot of effort to do so.
I think this might be a possibility in Palio but in linea you cannot roll down the rear seat if I am not wrong. I second checked the seats again but could not find the seat belts. May have to do a research again. Will update once I find the belts.

It is becoming a treasure hunt for me now, but I have to make it sure that I find before the forthcoming trip to madurai :-( ..

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the best FE on highway with 4 on board and 100% AC was 12 kmpl. This was average driving condition.

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 27th June 2011 at 22:20.
Old 27th June 2011, 23:14   #44
BHPian

T-Jet seat is folding type, it's there in the official review thread somewhere.
Old 27th June 2011, 23:48   #45
BHPian

Speedpujari, i am sure the seat belts are pushed 'behind' or 'under' the rear seat.

The TASS guys wouldn't have taken all pains to remove the seat belts. They are not that capable !

To fold the back rest, pull the small black color strip located right behind the headrest.
The rear bench can also be pulled up by inserting your palm from the inner part of the bench (between the rear back rest and bench).

Seat belt lock - when you try to lock the rear left/right seat belt & find difficulty in locking it, often its found that you are actually trying the lock given for the center seat belt, use the lock right/left to that and belt will lock in.

Last edited by bnzjon : 27th June 2011 at 23:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks