Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2011, 22:44   #61
BHPian

Re: Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 5k km & 1st ser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
One of my friends had his Yoko S drives prematurely wearing out at 20k kms. He got rid of them and got Bridgestone Turanzas for his civic. Same case there, they said they would inspect and check the reason why it wore out so soon
I am ready to take any tyre made by Madras Rubber Factory. No more yokos for me now . This is my second experience.
My Palio's A drives side wall got damaged at 500 kms.

So for me altogether three tyres. Virtually I have sponsored incentive of at least one yokohama employee.
Old 19th October 2011, 14:41   #62
BHPian

Re: Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 5k km & 1st ser

So here is the 13k kms update of my Flying Machine.

I had a major problem of conking off AC compressor seal. I dont know whats the reason but I know others also getting this issue. Have already reported this to Fiat.
KHT service repaired it calmly even after taking in my 'piece of mind'..

I went to Goa during peak monsoon and the car served me well. At times I did 180+ on chitradurga -BLR highway. No issue at all, my yoko even with a cracked sidewall is still serving well. I think I had to buy the claim given by the yokohama guy that the tyre is all right.

During my Goa trip, to and fro it was 1700 kms overall and my car gave an average FE of 12.5 KMPL which include driving such as-
1. VERY bad road stretch in Yellapur forest (I took SH 46). Average speed was 20 kmph for 50 kms.
2. Highway dragging with car not doing anything lesser than 140 kmph. Average was 90 kmph on NH 4. Believe me 140 kmph feels absolutely normal on highways.
3. Hovering in Goa all around. I was staying in South Goa and use to travel to North on a daily basis. Traffic was very slow there.

I did Blr to Goa in 13 hours(due to SH46) and Goa to BLR in 10.5 hours (I took hubli route on the way back).

No new rattling, squeaking or any sound after this dragging trip. I once jumped my car over a breaker at a speed of 80 kmph. After that jump I was sure that my tyres are dead. But nothing happened absolutely.

Before going to Goa I got the wheel balancing done due to which the left pulling problem is gone.

Note to T-Jet owners- Get the wheels sligned at a good place, you will see the difference.

I am not using my car much these days because my office has shifted to ORR and has direct connecting Volvo from my house (Kundalahalli), so I am preferring Volvo also due to social cause. Plus I tried taking my car to office once and got an average FE of 7 kmpl (yes you read it right). Average speed was 9 kmph.
My Best FE was 15 in a stretch of 10 kms while coming from Goa when I was driving sedately with speedo needle hovering over 80-90 kmph in fifth gear. RPM stood a little higher than idling (say 1100 rpm).

Till date I am more than happy with the car leaving aside the AC Compressor story which lasted for 1 day.

Next I am planning a slight off roading trip towards kudremukh. Lets see how it goes about. I will try to post Goa pictures today evening.

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 19th October 2011 at 14:45.
Old 5th November 2011, 01:50   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Next I am planning a slight off roading trip towards kudremukh. Lets see how it goes about. I will try to post Goa pictures today evening.
That was some useful feedback on T-Jet behavior. Thanks!

What exactly do you have on mind when you talk about Kudremukh-off-roading? The last time I drove my friend's T-Jet (not T-Jet Plus), I was disconcerted with the surprisingly inadequate ground clearance and the loud grating sound of god-knows-what scraping the ground.

I'm not sure how much of a difference the additional 5 mm of clearance in the T-Jet Plus would make, and would like to hear your experience.
Old 7th November 2011, 10:39   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
That was some useful feedback on T-Jet behavior. Thanks!

What exactly do you have on mind when you talk about Kudremukh-off-roading? The last time I drove my friend's T-Jet (not T-Jet Plus), I was disconcerted with the surprisingly inadequate ground clearance and the loud grating sound of god-knows-what scraping the ground.

I'm not sure how much of a difference the additional 5 mm of clearance in the T-Jet Plus would make, and would like to hear your experience.
With off roading I mean getting into the roads not meant for sedan. The loud grating sound is the engine guard touching tar every now and then. This problem is quite frequent with emotion and T-Jet non plus. Mine is the T Jet plus and that extra few mm is of great help but not always.

I am able to negotiate all the bumps without any scraping. But while going on bad patches of roads (like the one's which is common n bangalore) sometimes my engine guard scrapes. But there has never been a case of belly touching.

I went to mudumalai, bandipur and then to gopalaswamy betta. The roads are totally awful. The car drove well and there one instance when the engines scraped quite badly. The noise was quite loud(maybe bcoz my window was down).. Checked the car, nothing except minor scratches on the guard.

All the pictures are from mudumalai trip
Attached Thumbnails
Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-_him7500.jpg  

Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-1_him7080.jpg  

Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-1_him7504.jpg  

Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-143706.jpg  

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 18th January 2012 at 11:33.
Speed Pujari is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 20:18   #65
BHPian

Latest update is nothing interesting.
The car has done 14,500 kms now and is due second service.

I have switched from shell to HP and somehow feeling the car has become smoother and giving a better FE as well.

This shot was taken at maddur(approx 85 kms drive). while going to bandipur from bangalore.

When on highways driven sedately this petrol turbocharged car "Itna Deti Hai"

On the contrary, I got 12.5 kmpl while returning when this was driven maniacally.
Attached Thumbnails
Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-dsc00828.jpg  

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 18th January 2012 at 11:34.
Speed Pujari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 18:20   #66
BHPian

Those are some awesome pictures buddy. Your car rocks and hats off to that pristine maintenance.

I have never got 19+ on my T-Jet. The max I have got was 18.x and the min that I get is 11 when driven really hard.
Old 17th January 2012, 19:42   #67
BHPian

Beautiful, beautiful pictures. Can't help falling in love with the Italian beauty. Thanks for sharing!
Old 17th January 2012, 21:13   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Those are some awesome pictures buddy. Your car rocks and hats off to that pristine maintenance.

I have never got 19+ on my T-Jet. The max I have got was 18.x and the min that I get is 11 when driven really hard.
Thanks Sathya :-) .. Day after the other the car is becoming more and more closer to my heart.. I dont think I will ever be able to part from it.

After maintaining an average of 19.9 I started running out of patience. Had to push when an i20 CRDi started to honk once he appeared in my RVM. Dunno what happened to him all of a sudden. I had no choice but to disapppear from his sight to avoid his irritating honks. FE also dropped with same acceleration LOL!.. Otherwise I think I could have got even better FE.

But there is no point in driving the car like that (I mean 19.9 kmpl types).. It is like under-utilizing the car potential to max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
Beautiful, beautiful pictures. Can't help falling in love with the Italian beauty. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks mnemonic.
That shine is basically Sonax metallic polish, Sonax chrome and alupaste and Sonax tyre polish in action.

Here are few more pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-_him6331.jpg  

Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-1_him7453.jpg  

Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-res_phu9857.jpg  

Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-res_phu9871.jpg  

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 18th January 2012 at 11:30.
Speed Pujari is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 21:07   #69
BHPian

My Linea T-Jet service experience and Fiat's commendable 5 day SLA!

Yeah, They are serious about business this time.
I am going to share some extreme ends of bitter and sweet experiences I faced at Fiat this time.
Let me start with the sweet piece first.

In 2012 a BMTC rear ended my car while I was waiting at signal, police case filed, I forgave the driver and car was deposited to KHT for repair. The rear bonnet was replaced under zero dep coverage. No issue with any moving part since the car was stationary.

The repair was done by KHT motors, who back then took their sweeeet time to do the bodywork. The new boot was painted in a hurry since I wanted my car ASAP after 30 days of car lying at workshop.

The paintjob was awful, as expected from KHT motors back then (ironical consequences to follow).

So back in 2012, it was hard to get service appointments at KHT. Their appointments whiteboards use to overflow with SA's assignments. Like maybe 25-30 odd cars or more per day.

So coming to present. I opened my boot one fine day in Jan/Feb this year and was aghast to find rust formation on the boot sealings.

Here are the images

Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-img_20150131_133929062.jpg

Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-img_20150131_133935007.jpg

Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-img_20150131_134016771.jpg

My extended warranty got over in Nov 2014 so I knew that I will have to spare few thousands to get the work done.

But before putting moolah, I thought I would better report this to Fiat for record. Within a few hours after I sent the email, I got a callback from KHT service Manager asking the time when they can pick up the car?

FYI, my Linea was bought in Nov 2010 and warranty was over in Nov 2014.

Since I was busy at office I asked if I can give the car on a weekend. The SM was reluctant and wanted to the car asap. I could sense panic in his voice.

He later told me he has to close this issue in within 5 days of reportting. Thats the new SLA defined by Fiat apparently

I went to KHT by myself to give to have a personal inspection. It was a new surprise awaiting at KHT makeshift service station.

There is a complete overhaul wrt human resources. The jokers have been removed and I came to know that they have joined Carnation and VW.
I vowed and pledged that I will never visit VW and carnation in my life.

And another big surprise was their appointment whiteboard on a saturday. 7 cars only on a weekend versus 50 odd back in 2012. In that list 2 of them were for repairs and 5 for service. KHT seems to have learnt it pretty hard way.

And so I gave my car. But there is a pattern with KHT, the car has to go back again due to inevitable recurrence. They put sealant, painted the ends and gave the car back with new scratches on top of the boot. I was furious, gave my piece of mind and they took my car again and painted the entire boot.

This was all done for Rs. 0.00

Here is post painting condition.

Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-img_20150207_153538042.jpg

Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-img_20150207_153523086.jpg

Apart from that they also fixed the rattling doors and boot locking issue(My key was not working with the boot.)

While I was at KHT waiting for the manager to come meet me I was noticing the people around in their makeshift office. Everything was going fine when all of sudden one of the SA took out a pack of gutkha and put it his mouth like a pro - Disgusting !

So this was the sweet side. Finally I got my car back with lots of Oil Polish on the dashboard-

Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-img_20150207_152920034.jpg

Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-img_20150207_152925812.jpg

Tried my best to save the shirt sleeves.

Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-img_20150207_152930065.jpg

Here is one bitter experience at Vecto which ended sweet at Pride Cars.

I think every single Linea has a problem of left/right pulling. Mine had too since day-1 and fixing the alignment could only fix the issue temporarily.

Second I was getting creaking sound while turning the car at slightly high speeds say 30 kmph or while going over the potholes.

I took it to Vecto and they royaly told me to replace the suspension since it has gone bad (exact words) and slapped me with a quote of 18k. I refused it for further inspection.
And to my utter surprise when I took the car back from there it started to pull like crazy. I knew they have screwed up something badly during the diagnosis.

I could not believe them since last time they told me to replace clutch when water entered the clutch which expelled automatically and car normalized. They gave a quote of 35k back then.

With that issue, I went to multiple forums and got to know about Pride cars in Banshankari. Took the car there and Mr. Harsh was kind enough to inspect my car immediately. He laughed and told me not to worry.

The left pulling was due to improper adjustment of head nut. He calibrated the tensions in no time and voila ! the 4 years problem was solved. Now no more pulling left/right and the car runs in a straight line like a horse.

Here is the nut getting tuned by Mr. Harsh

Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-img_20150124_130404428.jpg

Next was the turn to fix creaking sound, which was not fixed after tuning the suspension rod adjustment. Then what was the issue?

Sherlock Holmen anyone?

Haah ! It was the engine guard deformation which was touched by the turbo while the car was turning or going over potholes. Mr. Harsh opened the engine guard and showed me the point where turbo was screeching the guard-

Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-img_20150124_125142667.jpg

With careful eyes you can see the deformation.

Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-img_20150124_125302875.jpg

So the solution was - a few hammering on the engine guard, bring it to shape. Problem Solved.

Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-img_20150124_131128131.jpg

I wanted to get more work done at pride cars for simple reason that I was very happy and satisfied.
I recalled the rat issue in my car. Since the wiper cowl was opened I asked him to replace the rat mesh. There was another surprise for me right there.

Back in 2012 I had paid 500 rs to KHT to install a rat mesh, and here is how they did it -

Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-img_20150124_133809050.jpg

Even a snake, small sized racoon, fox, puppy could enter the AC vent.

And this how it was done by Mr. Harsh, well this is how it is supposed to be done.

Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update-img_20150124_135952946.jpg

For all this work the bill was Rs. 800/- (Eight Hundred Only).

I came back with a big grin on my face full of satisfaction. How my 4 years old car feels better than new since some simple issues were conceived as Congenital.

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 29th March 2015 at 21:09.
Speed Pujari is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 21:32   #70
BHPian

Good to know Fiat is getting its act together.

The Fiat agency in my town is 5 years old. But its a sister concern of a bigger showroom in a busier city. I'll pay them a visit and check them out for some work I need done. The last time I went, it was pretty bad. Not even wiper blades in stock..
Old 29th March 2015, 22:38   #71
BHPian

While a bit early for me on fiat still compared to hyundai, I found the fiat guys comaratively very polite and responsive whenever I had gone for any servicing of tjet. And they did their job well enough.
Why hyundai because earlier I had Getz prime which was a gem but over 7 years of ownership, the hyundai service had kind of deteriorated. Too much vehicles and that much less individual attention. That's my personal observation.
Old 30th March 2015, 11:47   #72
BHPian

re: My Linea T-Jet service experience and Fiat's commendable 5 day SLA!

Quote:
I came back with a big grin on my face full of satisfaction. How my 4 years old car feels better than new since some simple issues were conceived as Congenital.
Thanks for sharing the experience, SP. Helps a lot.

My TJet too started pulling to the left. Vecto kept it for 3 weeks trying everything under the sun. Finally replaced the steering rack under warranty and fixed it.

But according to Nikhil of Madhu's, the alignment is way off because the suspension is not right. Have not had time to go back to get it fixed. I will post Nikhil's finding's in a day or two.

I could not find Pride in the Bangalore Directory of TBHP; guess you found them elsewhere. Details, please? Better yet, could you create a new thread for Pride in the Bangalore Directory? It will help a lot of Fiat owners here. I guess he is an independent garage?
Old 30th March 2015, 12:05   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Good to know Fiat is getting its act together.

The Fiat agency in my town is 5 years old. But its a sister concern of a bigger showroom in a busier city. I'll pay them a visit and check them out for some work I need done. The last time I went, it was pretty bad. Not even wiper blades in stock..
I think its the sheer incompetency and lack of proper vision, advanceness of the dealership causing such issues. The process Fiat uses to design their cars and engines, if they deploy the same to the after market then the world will be different altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
While a bit early for me on fiat still compared to hyundai, I found the fiat guys comaratively very polite and responsive whenever I had gone for any servicing of tjet. And they did their job well enough.
Why hyundai because earlier I had Getz prime which was a gem but over 7 years of ownership, the hyundai service had kind of deteriorated. Too much vehicles and that much less individual attention. That's my personal observation.
As a matter of fact there is only Maruti which stands a chance against politeness of Fiat's after sales. I have accompanied my friends to Hyundai, Honda, VW service stations and felt happy about the fact that I own a Fiat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Thanks for sharing the experience, SP. Helps a lot.

My TJet too started pulling to the left. Vecto kept it for 3 weeks trying everything under the sun. Finally replaced the steering rack under warranty and fixed it.

But according to Nikhil of Madhu's, the alignment is way off because the suspension is not right. Have not had time to go back to get it fixed. I will post Nikhil's finding's in a day or two.

I could not find Pride in the Bangalore Directory of TBHP; guess you found them elsewhere. Details, please? Better yet, could you create a new thread for Pride in the Bangalore Directory? It will help a lot of Fiat owners here. I guess he is an independent garage?
My car use to behave proper but not to 100% after alignment. I started to live with it. I think its the issue with PDI maybe.

I think you should take the car to Pride.
Just google Pride Cars Bangalore on maps.

Here is the address

Pride Cars Bangalore
08,17th Cross,Kr Road,Bananshakari 2nd Stage
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560070

Phone 080 6595 9837

I was amazed to see the profile of cars came their for service. Full of frustrated lots such as VW Polos, Skoda Lauras, Lancers, Puntos and last but the not the least Lineas lol ! . Everyone seemed satisfied.
Speed Pujari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 12:31   #74
BHPian

Quote:
I think you should take the car to Pride.
Just google Pride Cars Bangalore on maps.

Here is the address

Pride Cars Bangalore
08,17th Cross,Kr Road,Bananshakari 2nd Stage
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560070

Phone 080 6595 9837
Speed, urge you create an entry in the Bangalore directory or even better, a separate thread akin the one for
Trend Automobiles - you have no idea the kind of favor you would be doing to all we FIAT owners in Bangalore.
Of late, I too see complacence creeping in at Vecto, Singasandra.
Old 31st March 2015, 12:06   #75
BHPian

Re: My Linea T-Jet service experience and Fiat's commendable 5 day SLA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez View Post
Speed, urge you create an entry in the Bangalore directory or even better, a separate thread akin the one for
Trend Automobiles - you have no idea the kind of favor you would be doing to all we FIAT owners in Bangalore.
Of late, I too see complacence creeping in at Vecto, Singasandra.
Hey tabrez, thanks for the suggestion. Its done now.
Here is the link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post3675245
Speed Pujari is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed