Old 16th December 2010, 12:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Italian beauty at its best, this time in Tuscan Wine- Linea

She is damn beautiful. Congrats and welcome to FIAT family
Old 17th December 2010, 00:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

City Driving Experience:

took her for a congested city drive today. i was worrying if it will be underpowered and difficult to drive or keep up the pace.
But thats not the case at all. Linea starts rolling without the touch of accelerator. immediately shift to 2nd and turbo starts spooling low from 1300rpm and pulls the heavy car perfectly.
3rd gear is the most useful gear in linea. it pulls the linea at low speeds even at low rpms like 1000. the rpm needle climbs quickly so does the turbo boost.
with 3rd gear slotted you can drive her the whole day in the city traffic.

so far i am very impressed the way the linea drives with linear power delivery.
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2010, 01:35   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
City Driving Experience:

took her for a congested city drive today. i was worrying if it will be underpowered and difficult to drive or keep up the pace.
But thats not the case at all. Linea starts rolling without the touch of accelerator. immediately shift to 2nd and turbo starts spooling low from 1300rpm and pulls the heavy car perfectly.
3rd gear is the most useful gear in linea. it pulls the linea at low speeds even at low rpms like 1000. the rpm needle climbs quickly so does the turbo boost.
with 3rd gear slotted you can drive her the whole day in the city traffic.

so far i am very impressed the way the linea drives with linear power delivery.
Don't know how many Kms you have done on the 1.3 MJD, but if it has crossed 3K mark, then I suggest you let it revv some. I have a punto 1.3 MJD and she revs different after one long trip to Jaipur from Del where I made her stay on the other side of 100 km/hr for quite so many hrs. She feels like a completely different beast now !
Old 26th December 2010, 08:50   #19
J.Ravi

Quote:
Currently i am very satisfied with the Linea. Its a engineering marvel, Italian beauty and a Battle tank safety which makes you feel proud with your 10 lacs well spent.
Belated congratulations and best wishes, amit_mechengg, on becoming a proud owner of a precious Fiat Linea. Happy and safe driving in your Linea.

Old 26th December 2010, 10:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Don't know how many Kms you have done on the 1.3 MJD, but if it has crossed 3K mark, then I suggest you let it revv some. I have a punto 1.3 MJD and she revs different after one long trip to Jaipur from Del where I made her stay on the other side of 100 km/hr for quite so many hrs. She feels like a completely different beast now !

i have just done 500 odd kms. dint get time to drive her much. currently i am not revving her hard in run in period. even though fiat doesnt recommend run in i am doing so as i believe all metal parts do need relieving in initial periods.

once past 1000-1200 i will start freeing her up. i too heard from many owners that after a long trip it a different beast altogether.
Old 26th December 2010, 21:32   #21
BHPian

Quote:
thanks guys.

i am observing the following, linea owners please give your experiences here.

1. diesel clatter " kad kad kad" noise at speeds of 1200-1500, especially when engine is cold its more. its only in that rpm.
2. Turbo punch - i know its a variable turbo so i should not expect the punto punch, the turbo starts picking as low as 1200-1300 rpm, but i think since the engine is new the turbo is also mild.
3. Blue and me is not recognizing Two, it pics zero when i shout 2, whatever ascent it might be. i think its a bug.

waiting for advices and comments
My Linea too cannot recognize my 2. So now I say 'tu' (combine the two with a 'u')
Old 26th December 2010, 22:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

^^ thanks i will try the same.

the worst thing i found on my linea are the tyres and their ratings. mine are goodyears with 88T rating where as couple of my friends got the better ones i.e appolo accelare 88H.

the tyre pressures on goodyear are 33 while on appolo 36 is recommended.

why has fiat used 2 diff specs
Old 27th December 2010, 10:59   #23

Hi Amit: Congrats for the Tuscan Wine,

I have done about 7,000 kms on my Linea, which is two months young now. Its Emotion Diesel. I recently drove from Delhi to Pune on her, with night halts at Vadodara and Mumbai. After about 2-3 hrs of aggressive drive at about 120kms/hr (average), I hear cluck-cluck sound while changing gears. The noise is very loud at first three gears. Did you face anything similar?

The good part with her has been the Pune - Mumbai expressway drive, where I touched 180 on her with all four feet beautifully grounded.

Also, at speeds above 110, the air drag noise is extremely high
Old 13th January 2011, 21:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

1200 kms update: a major character change in performance

I have crossed 1000 kms on my linea with my recent year end trip to Diveagar, Konkan.

I managed a decent mileage of 21 kmpl for the trip even though i could not speed due to major ghat sections and narrow roads.

i am in total shock - how can this car handle so well

but again i am shocked - how can this car scrape even shallow pot holes.
the ground clearance takes off half the fun from such a beautiful handling car.

I am skeptical how this car will perform on inclines and in city and highways as some people mentioned its sluggish and lethargic etc etc.

but i think this car is not at all sluggish. i have to literally keep braking hard in city due to the way that this car picks up speeds.

the 1st and 2nd gears are short, but this is must to move the heavy car from start. as soon as you step on the gas pedal and shift from 2nd to 3rd the car zooms crazily. the turbo picks from very low rpms and i never feel the lag as in case of punto/swift. agreed it doesnt have the swift punch. but thats the main moto of VGT - controlled turbo boost = linear power delivery = great drivability.

due to the heavy weight of the car while climbing the ghats you need to keep her above 1600-1700 rpms. in 3rd and 2nd gears climbing ghats is breeze provided you master the art of driving a linea.

on the slopes the same weight proves the other way round and the car is superfast. hitting 3 digits on the speedo is a breeze.
even if you take the foot off the gas pedal the car keeps rolling very long distances very smoothly.

The engine noise on my linea is very very less. while cruising i dont head the engine noise at all. its a super silent smooth engine.

As soon as my diveagar trip was over in which i kept engine working throughout the time - there is a major change in the character of the engine.

the engine has become butter smooth, the initial stifness has vanished and the engine has freed up a lot. the pick up has increased marginally.

the suspensions and the HPS is way better than most of the cars is have driven. the suspensions gulp the pot holes easily and the precise heave HPS gives the most accurate handling. so accurate that i can confidently negotiate even the edges in the ghats.

i had a instance in my trip where i had to pump my brakes very hard as a goat appreared right in front of me from nowhere at speeds of ~70.
i thought i will get some mutton, but suddenly the car stopped and all at rear seats were pushed in front.
i dint feel that car skidded at all but still the ABS pulse ran through my foot.
i dont know what happened for the moment but it was like khad khad khad under my shoes and car stopped so quickly.
the braking is a strong part in linea. the brakes are super-efficient and bring the heavy car to halt without any fuss.

besides the low ground clearance i have nothing to cribble about the car.

i am getting a consistent 17.5 - 18kmpl i very heavy pune traffic.
my office is 30kms one way and i am glad i made a correct decision to go for MJD than T-JET.

i was sold upon T-JET and it was a dream but sooned i came back to reality and went the practical way of fuel economy.
i know T-JET is a rocket but MJD is not a slow coach either.

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th January 2011 at 21:53. Reason: only 2 smilies per post allowed
amit_mechengg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2011, 20:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

How the heck did I miss this thread....?

Amit.. Congratulations on your new wheels. Finally you bought what you always wanted to..

Happy Motoring.. Fiat Ishtyle

Rahul
Old 31st January 2011, 20:59   #26
BHPian

Congrates Amit_mechengg for owning a marvelous FIAT Linea MJD.
tuscan wine looks too cool. In fact The shape and style of linea is so beautiful that she looks good in every colour!!!
Keep on posting updates, tours n trips, servicing details
Old 5th February 2012, 19:22   #27
BHPian

Amit,

I have now almost finalised on Linea diesel 2012. color choice is between tuscan wine, bronzo scuro and sunbeam beige .

Do you know any dealer yard of pandit auto where i might be able to see these colors of linea before confirming the booking for that ?

thanks.
Old 5th February 2012, 22:04   #28
BHPian

good to see you enjoying the LINEA, updates please, TUSCAN WINE looks classy on LINEA, better than PUNTO, take care of your FIAT LINEA & it will please you no ends...
Old 5th February 2012, 22:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Amit,

I have now almost finalised on Linea diesel 2012. color choice is between tuscan wine, bronzo scuro and sunbeam beige .

Do you know any dealer yard of pandit auto where i might be able to see these colors of linea before confirming the booking for that ?

thanks.
Tuscan wine looks very good but is very difficult to maintain. Sunbeam beige looks amazing too. somehow i dint like the bronzo much.

walk in directly to the showroom and tell them you want to see all colors personally.

Actually the stock yard is way away from city. its in moshi near chakan.

meet Nachiket - who is sales executive there.

Most Viewed