Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2010, 19:35   #16
BHPian

Re: My Exotica Red Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 aka "Ponti" arrives...

Awesome car you've got there!
So beautiful "ponti" is in red!
Do get the dealer's sticker removed from the rear windshield. That's spoiling the rear end.
Old 30th December 2010, 10:43   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Hearty congratulations on your 1.4 E-Red Ponti! That red is a stunner and makes you feel being in a Ferrari! Nice snaps from Mahabaleshwar as well. You've already got the "LTD" thbp sticker on the rear. Nice to see that too. As for the plastic near the windshield, it happens with all cars. It starts to look a bit grayish / whitish as compared to how it looked at delivery. The reason is, the dealerships / service stations use polish to make it jet black and shiny. It fades away and IMO also degrades the original colour of the plastic. I'd recommend you to occasionally polish it at home, and it would be nice. Its just the looks mind you, the plastic hasn't actually been damaged or lost it's durability at all.

A query - have you tried the wipers? (Ok it's winter and we don't need them much, but say to clean your windscreen with the washer?) If yes, how's your opinion about them? A friend has booked an MJD Red punto but is still very anxious after he saw how the wipers are totally different than other cars.

Keep the updates coming (Along with more pictures...)
Here's wishing you unlimited happy and safe miles with your Ponti!

Last edited by Reinhard : 30th December 2010 at 10:45. Reason: "very very" corrected to "very"
Old 30th December 2010, 19:01   #18
BHPian

Hi Reinhard

Thx for the comments. As far as the wipers are concerned they are quite good. I have used them a fair bit since it was raining in Mumbai even in October and I have zero problems with them.

Aniket
Old 30th December 2010, 23:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

I had a mile wide smile when i was reading this. It was an excellent read and reminds of severakl incidents where I have done this to my wife as well. Though buying her the Beat was not entirely a surprise.

And I can understand why Conti now. Even I have a 3.5 year old daughter and she says things like she want to go in the Askent today or the Beet car on another day.

Lovely story and i enjoyed reading it. Heartiest congratulations
Old 22nd January 2012, 18:20   #20
BHPian

@Aniket : Heh buddy, how has the car been holding up. Was also keen to know about the fuel efficiency figures.

Cheers
Old 22nd January 2012, 20:43   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
@Aniket : Heh buddy, how has the car been holding up. Was also keen to know about the fuel efficiency figures.

Cheers
Hey Paresh!

Car is doing just fine with no issues of note. I should complete 10k kms shortly. Normal city fuel efficiency is 12-12.5 kmpl. On Bombay - Pune runs, I have managed to get upto 17.5 kmpl when I did not go above 100 kmph.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks