Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2012, 18:46   #391
BHPian

Did you take 2+2 years skoda shield? what is covered under this? HOw much does it cost for the extra 2 years. I guess skoda has such a bad reputation when it comes to servicing that having a 2+2 is worth it. What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I ve sent you a PM with my number and you can call me directly since I m going to meet Hemant to close another sale for a friend today in the evening. I completely recommend him for all sales issues with Skoda. We can go together or meet at Vinayak directly if you wish to.

Also, I did not receive any PM from you. Could you forward again? Thanks!

Last edited by manson : 14th June 2012 at 21:30. Reason: Kindly use Edit button to merge posts whilst posting within twenty minutes from the first post.
Old 14th June 2012, 22:10   #392
BANNED

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinoctober View Post
Did you take 2+2 years skoda shield? what is covered under this? HOw much does it cost for the extra 2 years. I guess skoda has such a bad reputation when it comes to servicing that having a 2+2 is worth it. What do you think?
I see it, you are a newbie and hence I cannot send you a PM till you become a BHPian. Nevertheless, I m at n.devdath@gmail.com. Send me your contact details and we can connect.

Last edited by n.devdath : 14th June 2012 at 22:12.
Old 14th June 2012, 22:21   #393
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinoctober

Skoda shield is worth it. 4 years and 100000 kms coverage. It is a pretty comprehensive shield.
Whenever you buy any car, if there is an extended warranty option it is worth going for.
Old 17th June 2012, 07:16   #394
BHPian

"The rough road packs primary feature is a pressed steel (August 2010 build on; thermoplastic) engine under-tray which replaces the standard plastic tray. There are also plastic shields protecting the rear axial beams and coil springs, plastic covers for the fuel and brake lines and reinforcement to the brake fluid distribution system and hand-brake cable. "
Read this on briskoda . Can a Yetian confirm this is applicable for India yeti 4x4 too.
Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 08:29   #395
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
"The rough road packs primary feature is a pressed steel (August 2010 build on; thermoplastic) engine under-tray which replaces the standard plastic tray. There are also plastic shields protecting the rear axial beams and coil springs, plastic covers for the fuel and brake lines and reinforcement to the brake fluid distribution system and hand-brake cable. "
Read this on briskoda . Can a Yetian confirm this is applicable for India yeti 4x4 too.
Thanks
Yes this is a standard fitment to all Yeti's in India from the factory. As per my knowledge, all Skoda cars (Laura, Yeti and Superb I have seen) in India get this.

Last edited by Behemoth : 17th June 2012 at 08:39.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 09:57   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

^ Yeti, Laura and Superb in India come with the predesigned Rough Road pack, which includes higher ground clearance and underbody protection.

This does not apply to Rapid, as it is a rebadged Vento which actually is modified Polo. AFAIK Rapid does not come with underbody protection.

I am not sure about Fabia.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 11:34   #397
BHPian

Are there more options to be unlocked using VCDS (or is it possible) for yeti? has anyone tried . Can see a few who have unlocked on their laura.
would love to have the ORVM angle being lowered when you reverse. what else do you guys suggest ?
Old 17th June 2012, 12:22   #398
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks
Confirmed. I have seen this beneath my Yeti while having it washed. It is excellent.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 07:12   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
^ Yeti, Laura and Superb in India come with the predesigned Rough Road pack, which includes higher ground clearance and underbody protection.

This does not apply to Rapid, as it is a rebadged Vento which actually is modified Polo. AFAIK Rapid does not come with underbody protection.

I am not sure about Fabia.
Just Checked the Underbody of my Vento Tdi Highline. The Underbody is covered with Plastic Panels! dont know how hard wearing the plastic Panels are! but sadly the engine bay is uncovered with only the oil sump having a cover that looks like it is made of some fabric
Old 21st June 2012, 20:48   #400
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Done with Nagpur-Srinagar-Leh-Manali-Nagpur yesterday , overall Yeti behaved as expected no engine and mechanical trouble, the AC had some trouble with 49+ C temp the cabin was not hot but it was not as cool as expected with 20 C set, am giving the Yeti for second servicing and will update once done.
Happy with the drive, 5.5K kms and total 13.5 kmpl average good enough assuming 1.5k of bad or no road of Srinagar-Leh-Manali.

-Pramod
Pramod, can you share a few pictures/travelogue of the trip to Leh in a Yeti for the benefit of all please? Also, did you venture off road at any place or was it the usual NGP-Leh-NGP circuit?

What speeds did you maintain on the highways on an average and how many people were there in the car with luggage?
Old 21st June 2012, 23:06   #401
BHPian

No need to venture off road if you are visiting Leh in early May, most of the places the roads are "off road" anyway, we were 3 in Yeti and had 3 medium size bags in the boot and few small bags kept in the second row seat space. It was quite comfortable for 3 of us.

Here are few pictures of Yeti from the Leh tour
Starting with Pangong Lake

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-189.jpg
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-190.jpg
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-195.jpg
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-239.jpg
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-245.jpg

Leh Hotel parking, it was in the morning see the snow on the car roof
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-248.jpg

Kardonagla

Temp at K-Top
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-imag0049.jpg

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-imag0056.jpg

TSO Moriri
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-imag0102.jpg

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-imag0105.jpg

Rohtang

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-imag0123.jpg

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 21st June 2012 at 23:11.
pramods is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 06:14   #402
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods
No need to venture off road if you are visiting Leh in early May, most of the places the roads are "off road" anyway, we were 3 in Yeti and had 3 medium size bags in the boot and few small bags kept in the second row seat space. It was quite comfortable for 3 of us.

Here are few pictures of Yeti from the Leh tour
Starting with Pangong Lake

Leh Hotel parking, it was in the morning see the snow on the car roof

Kardonagla

Temp at K-Top

TSO Moriri

Rohtang

-Pramod
Very nice to see the Snowman in his natural home!

Looks like you had a blast!

Well done!
Old 22nd June 2012, 11:27   #403
BHPian

Those are some nice pics. How easy or difficult it was considering yeti's ground clearance?
Old 22nd June 2012, 11:33   #404
Distinguished - BHPian

Great to see pics of your Leh trip and the Yeti in its Himalayan Habitat!
Did you face any difficulties in navigating the terrain anywhere? Do share your experience as a travelogue if you can take out time!

We are planning our trip from Aug 3rd-Aug 15th and am starting to plan it. Any recommendations on good places to stay/ places to avoid?

regards,
Behemoth
Old 22nd June 2012, 18:46   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Those are some nice pics. How easy or difficult it was considering yeti's ground clearance?
Yeti ground clearance is good enough, provided you take you cross the terrain carefully, the worst was Zojila and I was able to make it, though at some places I have to be extra careful, but overall the ground clearance was good enough, the only time I got a hit was when I misjudged a stone on a tared road and went over it! nonetheless nothing serious but the plastic underbody protection near the rear left door broke, have changed that already it very filmsy mostly to take care of underbody, if you do are doing something at very slow speed, else its gona break.

-Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks