Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2012, 20:00   #406
BHPian

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Excellent! By the way guys, am just back from a 12 day trip to Kerala and back on the Yeti. Man it's a super car! Drove it across the hills, forest, everywhere you wouldn't dare take your car into, and it just kept taking it all head on! Will add a few images later.
Old 28th June 2012, 16:34   #407
BHPian

Just completed a one way run of 1050 km, will be starting back to Nagpur on Saturday early morning after attending the function. The car performed as expected hope it performs same in the return leg, may have to recheck the alignment this was because the service guys advices for re alignment and now I feel like they have not done the job properly, there was no need of it but now need to get it realigned once I am back.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 15:22   #408
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBN View Post
The statistics on the car have been downloaded by the workshop and uploaded along with photos into the Skoda central system. The hubli workshop didn't have all the parts and they do a weekly order on Thursday's which the service advisor assures me has been done.
Hey VBN, have you got your car back? What parts were replaced, how much was the total bill and what was the expense to your pocket? What was the whole experience like in terms of customer satisfaction?

This, unfortunately, is the first TBHP Yeti accident and a detailed account of the same would be a good insight for the other owners/customers.
Old 2nd July 2012, 16:34   #409
BHPian

Hi Yetians,

After much research, reading ownership experience , speaking with owners blah blah i have finally committed and booked Yeti Elegance 4X4.
Have to Thank Shankar as i went with Vinayak based on his recommendation and i have to admit their GM is a decent bloke who is much transparent than what i encountered at Tafe ( TERRIBLE) so between both the devils Vinayak was my obvious choice.

My vehicle should reach by this weekend. I am in no hurry. In the mean time I am trying to source tyres and no one seem to have Yoko or Conti. most dealers asking me to go with 215/65 R16 but when i explain that its more than the recommended 2% their reply is "Kuch problem nahin hein "

I think its about time we form a "Bangalore Yetians " and meet up with other Yetians from other cities.

Will update soon untill then DRIVE SAFE.

sanjeev
Old 2nd July 2012, 17:51   #410
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinoctober View Post
After much research, reading ownership experience , speaking with owners blah blah i have finally committed and booked Yeti Elegance 4X4.
Congrats on the booking Sanjay. Also, from the conversation we ve had, you ve indeed managed to get a decent deal from Vinayak.

Will wait for your own ownership thread with all the pertaining details once you have you own snowman.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 18:19   #411
VBN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath

Hey VBN, have you got your car back? What parts were replaced, how much was the total bill and what was the expense to your pocket? What was the whole experience like in terms of customer satisfaction?

This, unfortunately, is the first TBHP Yeti accident and a detailed account of the same would be a good insight for the other owners/customers.
The dealer has updated just today that they have received most of the parts now and that the work will begin today and that the car will be ready in a week. These delays are from Skoda end as they have a 2-3 week turnaround to send parts atleast to small cities. I know for a fact that the ordering was done quickly by the dealer within 2 days of car reaching the workshop. The estimates for insurance were very high at rs 4 lacs. Expense to my pocket is at this point in time not known. I will try and attach the estimates in case anybody is interested.
VBN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 18:45   #412
BHPian

Quote:
..... I will try and attach the estimates in case anybody is interested.
It would be good to know the estimate and costs associated, I hope you have taken 0 dep insurance.

Update on my trip, started from Nawada, Bihar at 4.45AM and reached Nagpur at 2 AM(1050km), there was a huge traffic jam at MP-MH border I reached there by 9.30PM and finally crossed it at 12.30AM. The road condition from Rukhad (Bison retreat) till this border has gotten worse, I thought they were working on it and would get it repaired, but looks like they just filled the road with soil which got washed in rain!
Overall the road condition is not bad(excluding this 10km of MP, and some 2 kms in UP). My Yeti performed well but also got the first dent, one cycle rikhsa in Mirjapur misjudged the distance and hit me from behind, there is a small dent on the hatch door, need to see if it can be removed but looks difficult unless its given a proper denting which will mean a complete repaint of the rear hatch door.

-Pramod
Old 2nd July 2012, 19:03   #413
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Enjoy! Glad to help whenever possible.
All the best with the new Yeti.
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinoctober View Post
Hi Yetians,

Have to Thank Shankar as i went with Vinayak based on his recommendation and i have to admit their GM is a decent bloke who is much transparent than what i encountered at Tafe ( TERRIBLE) so between both the devils Vinayak was my obvious choice.

My vehicle should reach by this weekend. I am in no hurry. In the mean time I am trying to source tyres and no one seem to have Yoko or Conti. most dealers asking me to go with 215/65 R16 but when i explain that its more than the recommended 2% their reply is "Kuch problem nahin hein "

I think its about time we form a "Bangalore Yetians " and meet up with other Yetians from other cities.

Will update soon untill then DRIVE SAFE.

sanjeev
Old 3rd July 2012, 07:49   #414
BANNED

Quote:
The dealer has updated just today that they have received most of the parts now and that the work will begin today and that the car will be ready in a week. These delays are from Skoda end as they have a 2-3 week turnaround to send parts atleast to small cities. I know for a fact that the ordering was done quickly by the dealer within 2 days of car reaching the workshop. The estimates for insurance were very high at rs 4 lacs. Expense to my pocket is at this point in time not known. I will try and attach the estimates in case anybody is interested.
At attachment will certainly help us all in getting an idea of what it costs to get the Yeti back on the road in case of a medium scale accident and would be good. Please scan and post it here. You can mask your vehicle details if you do not want to share them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Update on my trip, started from Nawada, Bihar at 4.45AM and reached Nagpur at 2 AM(1050km),
My Yeti performed well but also got the first dent, one cycle rikhsa in Mirjapur misjudged the distance and hit me from behind, there is a small dent on the hatch door, need to see if it can be removed but looks difficult unless its given a proper denting which will mean a complete repaint of the rear hatch door.

-Pramod
You are using the Yeti the way it is supposed to be used Pramod.

Navada to Nagpur direct, in other words, 1050km/19hrs( 3 hrs for that traffic jam which means an average speed of 55kmph. Decent sedate speeds I presume.

18kmpl I believe?

Going by the dent that you have, I sometimes feel that the Yeti, due to its short height and non intimidating nature, is more prone to such attacks by two wheelers, autos, rickshaws, buses and the like, compared to a full size SUV.

What are the thoughts of the other Yeti owners here?
Old 3rd July 2012, 09:42   #415
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Might is always right in a developing society.

Yes, the Yeti, owing to its softer-edged, non-intimidating nature tends to be passed over in terms of fear, in comparison to say, a Fortuner or Scorpio or even XUV.

Go back to 1997 when Queen Elizabeth visited Madras. The British High Commission used to classify India visits as "On Safari" and hence, sent down a few Range Rovers for her usage here during her visit.

Look at any of those thriller, crime type movies set in the developing world - the crooked white man and or native dictator/ drug lord/ politician or whatever, is invariably buzzing around in an imposing Rangie or Landie or Toyota Land Cruiser or something of that kind. Even all these typical movie Secret Service wallahs are always pouring in large quantities, out of large black Chevrolet Tahoes or something similarly imposing!

They never really are buzzing around in softer edged crossovers, unless of course, they are Robert Pattinson in Twilight!

Its a lot about creating a 'mighty' impression and psychological intimidation by size and type of vehicle.

It is easy for us to understand because we are used to being brow-beaten - first by the centuries of invaders, then the colonial boys and now our own home-grown crimino-politico-goonie class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Going by the dent that you have, I sometimes feel that the Yeti, due to its short height and non intimidating nature, is more prone to such attacks by two wheelers, autos, rickshaws, buses and the like, compared to a full size SUV.

What are the thoughts of the other Yeti owners here?
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 10:07   #416
BHPian

Shankar well said and on our highways "Might means Right of way "
Old 3rd July 2012, 10:20   #417
Senior - BHPian

Good one Pramod, when did this happened?
So finally you had a trouble free Ladakh trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
No need to venture off road if you are visiting Leh in early May, most of the places the roads are "off road" anyway, we were 3 in Yeti and had 3 medium size bags in the boot and few small bags kept in the second row seat space. It was quite comfortable for 3 of us.
-Pramod
Old 3rd July 2012, 10:24   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

Navada to Nagpur direct, in other words, 1050km/19hrs( 3 hrs for that traffic jam which means an average speed of 55kmph. Decent sedate speeds I presume.

18kmpl I believe?
it was a sedate drive, fear of bad road patchs at unknown places and possible associated problems , so better to be of safe side, the FE that I got was 16.5kmpl for the whole of 2.5K journey, this is still good enough for me, this is 100% AC, no rains in Bihar,UP and MP and it was really hot in that part.
People take Yeti as a normal car and try to intimidate you to give way to them, the story is different with SUV's they make way because of what ever fear they have, while doing the same route in Scorpio I used to get way! Nonetheless you just have to be extra careful to avoid any "dents" on both car and your psychology.

RKBharat,
Yes finally did the Leh again, 19th May to 2nd June via Srinagr-Leh-Manali, so was able to complete the circle, the Manali route was not official open then.

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 3rd July 2012 at 10:28.
Old 7th July 2012, 13:16   #419
BHPian

Ok, I tried to fix the dent myself, I believe I could have done better nonetheless the bigger dent is now reduced to small depression. I showed it to denting shop and they said to remove the dent the door would need reprinting as the dent was on the edge and to the edge back in shape the panel need to be heated and the all other filling and matching would be required. I didn't wanted to go his route and tried my hand with DIY, opened the back cover of door and with a rubber hammer tried to get as much as possible, am satisfied with overall work. Would not suggest other to do this way, I have the paint, thinner , hardner and clear coat with me, so any small touch ups are done by me as DIY, I have the grit papers too to do the wet sanding, finally to get the edge back I have to use real hammer and also do some touch up. Will post the area picture once the touch area gets dry and I am done with sanding and leveling the clear coat.

Nonetheless satisfied with my DIY denting job! Just to let you all know most of the inner plates in Yeti are not welded they are glued with some glues. Again don't try this on your own, unless you have the right manuals, toolkit and know how to open the panel, trims and others, the clips that hold the trims are very different and even the screws are not four head type they need the star type head.

-Pramod
Old 7th July 2012, 13:31   #420
BHPian

Hey I'm new to this forum,will be getting the new Yeti 4*4 Elegance(Brilliant Silver) anytime next week. Yet to complete the PDI. Getting a host of accessories which include front mud flaps, scuff plates on the tailgate, Chrome exhaust tips, Rugged wheel arch extension kit. In addition i wanted to add DRL's like the on in the attached picture which i found on BRIskoda.I don't know what brand they are. However I learnt that Phillips have launched their range of DRL's recently. Will getting them retrofitted elsewhere void the warranty?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-screen-shot-20120707-1.04.41-pm.png  

Attached Images

autoskooll is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks