Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2012, 17:37   #421
BHPian

Shankar.balan and twinoctober.
Need some help from you. Had been to Vinayak at marthahalli today to check out Yeti. They said they have some 2011 YETIs to offer at 1 lac discount. Do you think it's a good bargain, or should it be negotiable. How are the folks at Vinayak?
Also, they mentioned that there is a provision to put in children seats in the boot.
Has anyone done so in the Yeti before?
They say all the part are imported and hence service "was" having issues! Does anyone have any stories about this?

The on road comes to 18.5 lac without the 1 lac discount and not taking the extended warranty.

Cheers..
Old 7th July 2012, 18:38   #422
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Surely you can get some good discounts depending on the variant. On the elegance you may get upto 2 lacs for the 2011 model. YOu can push for around 1.5 on the Ambition variant 2011 model. Go and meet Mr Hemanth of Vinayak Skoda in Palace Orchards and tell him I have referred you.
Ask him to do his best and he will oblige.
I don't know about this children's seats in the boot. However, there are special ISOFIX mounts on the rear seats which are very safe for kids seats to be mounted on.
So far so good on the service aspects. Please go and meet Hemanth and he will give you better quality of information compared with some sales exec.
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
Shankar.balan and twinoctober.
Need some help from you. Had been to Vinayak at marthahalli today to check out Yeti. They said they have some 2011 YETIs to offer at 1 lac discount. Do you think it's a good bargain, or should it be negotiable. How are the folks at Vinayak?
Also, they mentioned that there is a provision to put in children seats in the boot.
Has anyone done so in the Yeti before?
They say all the part are imported and hence service "was" having issues! Does anyone have any stories about this?

The on road comes to 18.5 lac without the 1 lac discount and not taking the extended warranty.

Cheers..

I would not recommend you mess about with DRLs and indeed any other Electrical fiddles on the Yeti. You might end up voiding your warranty and believe me that is not desirable.

DO please check with your dealer first before doing anything. This way you will be able to hedge your bets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
Hey I'm new to this forum,will be getting the new Yeti 4*4 Elegance(Brilliant Silver) anytime next week. Yet to complete the PDI. Getting a host of accessories which include front mud flaps, scuff plates on the tailgate, Chrome exhaust tips, Rugged wheel arch extension kit. In addition i wanted to add DRL's like the on in the attached picture which i found on BRIskoda.I don't know what brand they are. However I learnt that Phillips have launched their range of DRL's recently. Will getting them retrofitted elsewhere void the warranty?
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2012, 20:27   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
Hey I'm new to this forum,will be getting the new Yeti 4*4 Elegance(Brilliant Silver) anytime next week. Yet to complete the PDI. Getting a host of accessories which include front mud flaps, scuff plates on the tailgate, Chrome exhaust tips, Rugged wheel arch extension kit. In addition i wanted to add DRL's like the on in the attached picture which i found on BRIskoda.I don't know what brand they are. However I learnt that Phillips have launched their range of DRL's recently. Will getting them retrofitted elsewhere void the warranty?
Congrats! Sales of yeti seems to be rising among Team-Bhpians lately, because of the sweet discount. You mentioned the wheel arc extension kit - is that available with your skoda dealer? I saw a few yeti with it on briskoda.net and loved it. I would love to have it, but it is not available in this part. Once you get your yeti, please post few snaps
Old 7th July 2012, 23:44   #424
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
Do you think it's a good bargain, or should it be negotiable. How are the folks at Vinayak?
Hey fuel injector, this should be negotiable, send me an email @ n.devdath@gmail.com and we can connect.
Old 8th July 2012, 00:00   #425
BHPian

Looks like the price discount is working for Yeti, I see a number of people getting Yeti in last few days and more people looking forward to Yeti, good to know people are appreciating the capability and feature and more so trusting Skoda because of 4yrs and 1Lac kms warranty.
On my DIY front, I got over excited with touch up and finally screwed the paint job, it was OK initially but to make it look factory finish I tried some more and by that time the hardner made the paint granular and I used that paint! Now the painted surface is looking odd, will try and see if anything can be done once the paint dries else leave with it no more experiments.

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 8th July 2012 at 00:01.
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2012, 08:23   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Congrats! Sales of yeti seems to be rising among Team-Bhpians lately, because of the sweet discount. You mentioned the wheel arc extension kit - is that available with your skoda dealer? I saw a few yeti with it on briskoda.net and loved it. I would love to have it, but it is not available in this part. Once you get your yeti, please post few snaps

Here are the prices quoted by the Dealer
1) Front Mud flap ------ 1100.
2) Sill Plates ---------- 2480.
3) Floor Matts Rubber ------ 3380.
4) Boot Matts ------- 3680.
5) Car Body Cover ------- 3860.
6) Silencer Exhausts tip ----- 2895.
7) Trim Wheel Arch Kit ------ 14990.
8) Floor Lamination ------ 5250.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: pdf A-SUV_Yeti_Bolero_CarRadio.pdf (1.14 MB, 759 views)
autoskooll is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2012, 09:26   #427
vij
BHPian

Very nice. Its both resourceful and beautiful. I think I will get this once I get the white yeti.

Guys, do you think blackbits on the white yeti wheels will look good? Do the black bits come with the wheel arc trim kit or does one have to buy it seperately?

Last edited by vij : 8th July 2012 at 09:29.
Old 8th July 2012, 10:38   #428
vij
BHPian

This is a pic taken from briskoda showoff pic. The black bits go well with white? These yetis look better in real life than in pics dont they?

Attached Images

Last edited by vij : 8th July 2012 at 10:41.
vij is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2012, 10:48   #429
BANNED

Ok so I am considering a compact SUV. What kind of discounts have been given to those who have bought the 4x4 elegance recently. I have seen in some other threads that they have got upto 3 lakhs!. Also are the 2011 models still available? because skoda is consistently despatching 100-175 cars a month
Old 8th July 2012, 11:08   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
This is a pic taken from briskoda showoff pic. The black bits go well with white? These yetis look better in real life than in pics dont they?
Well you have to buy them separately for 14999, thats what the dealer here in pune quoted.He assured me that it is a genuine skoda part.He said u have to place an order and it would take 10 days.They cost Rs 14,999.I found the part number in this accessories pdf.accessories_yeti.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Surely you can get some good discounts depending on the variant.
======
DO please check with your dealer first before doing anything. This way you will be able to hedge your bets.
Is there a disadvantage going in for a 2011 model?

Mods Note: Avoid Quoting entire large post for short replies, also us Multi Quote [Quote +] instead of back to back posts. Thanks

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th July 2012 at 12:35.
Old 8th July 2012, 11:58   #431
BHPian

I like the wheel arch kit, it looks good on white but I believe it would look good on all Yeti need to ask the dealer if they can get this for me, in case if you are able to get the part number of this then it would help immensely. Part number help them order the part easier and avoids any questions.

-Pramod
Old 8th July 2012, 13:45   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
I like the wheel arch kit, it looks good on white but I believe it would look good on all Yeti need to ask the dealer if they can get this for me, in case if you are able to get the part number of this then it would help immensely. Part number help them order the part easier and avoids any questions.

-Pramod
Skoda calls it: Rugged Wheel Arch Extension Kit - Part No. 5L0 071 069,
Find the same in the attached document.accessories_yeti.pdf
Old 8th July 2012, 14:52   #433
BHPian

Has anyone done teflon (paint protection) on their yeti. Any recommendation? Went to reliance autozone and checked the material used. Theirs involves a rubbing > Paint polish > paint sealant. Also went to carnation and they showed some guardx product. Rubbing > Paint pre-sealant > Paint sealant. (no polish).

Any suggestion on if i should go with that or not. I have used nu-finish once in a year car polish earlier and they are good but no sure if going with paint sealant will be better?
Old 8th July 2012, 16:12   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Has anyone done teflon (paint protection) on their yeti.
===I have used nu-finish once in a year car polish earlier and they are good but no sure if going with paint sealant will be better?
I've enquired with Opulent India here in Pune. They are the main importer's of Waxoyl AG products. They usually deal directly with dealers & manufacturers.
They offer a wide range of Auto care product's like corrosion protection, interior & exterior cleaning & protection etc. Most of their product's are in Rs 3000 - 4000 range. You can also try 3M car care. But i strongly feel Waxoyl is a far superior product. I've used both of them. Here's the linkOpulent India
Old 12th July 2012, 10:54   #435
BHPian

Hi all, need urgent advice. I've received the VIN from the dealer for the yeti elegance.I verified if the VIN is valid in the attached link & found that it was produced in June 2011 more than a year back.Now does this mean that the car was put together back in june 11 or was it manufactured later on? I know that the elegance received some cosmetic changes (Nevis wheels)early 2012 when the 2 wheel drive ver. was launched. Were there any other major changes made which i am missing out on. Also, are there any drawbacks going in for a 2011 model. I seriously dislike the Moon design & prefer Nevis.
The VIN decoder:
octinfo.com - Škoda Octavia info

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks