Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2010, 16:34   #31
BHPian

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 1st January 2011 at 18:57.
throttleking is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st January 2011, 18:56   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
It is certainly surprising to note that the car has poor drivability.
I wouldn't say it has poor driveability at all! Refer to the official Yeti review. There's talk of a light flywheel which makes the Yeti very revv happy, but also a vehicle that stalls easily. Once you get the hang of dialing in the right amount of revvs, the torque delivery is actually amazing. Negligible turbo-lag too.
Old 1st January 2011, 20:08   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Well GTO beat me to it. It certainly doesn't mean that the Yeti is poor to drive. Just about a lighter flywheel. If you look up on the internet, you will find this a very common thing reported by Yeti owners across the globe. And the only solution suggested so far is, build up some revs and then let go.

Congratulations Pramod. Do we see a 'home-town' visit of the Yeti? To the himalayas?
Old 1st January 2011, 22:17   #34
BHPian

It's just a matter of time till you get the feel of revs and then stalling will stop, I am yet to get the complete feel and adjust myself. Yeti definetly is rev happy vehicle and the pull is too good. I believe 1.5K rpm is the ideal revs for this vehicle.
I am done with 1.5K kms and runin period and am free to experiment with speed and FE now.
Attaching few snaps from todays drive.
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-20110101_001.jpg
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-20110101_002.jpg
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-20110101_003.jpg
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-20110101_004.jpg
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-20110101_005-1.jpg

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 1st January 2011 at 22:22.
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2011, 21:38   #35
BHPian

Did a long 450km drive from Nagpur to Chikaldhara, the run-in was done so it was time to rip the engine and see how it perform, I can say this engine really loves to be revved and once you get that feeling its really hard to control, I got FE of 14.6kmpl during this trip which includes high speed 100km NH and then the only true Ghat in Vidharbha Chikaldhara. My ODO stands at ~2K kms right now. hope next week onward would be able to utilize it more!

Few more snaps.
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-003small.jpg
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-010small.jpg
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-015small.jpg
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-044small.jpg

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2011, 22:03   #36
BANNED

14.6kmpl...Hmmm that sets me thinking, what speeds do you mean by high speeds and for what durations?

I guess this is the lowest reported FE for the Yeti on TBHP so far.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2011, 07:09   #37
BHPian

The speed was in excess of 160+ on four lane[60kms] and 120+ on most of the other part between Nagpur and Amravati NH [80kms] the average speed was 80kmph as shown on the MDF, while the average speed dropped to 55kmph while I reached Chikaldhara thats another 30kms in pure Ghat section. 220kms one way out of which 150kms on NH while remaining to on a good SH with Ghat, this FE is still a good one.
-Pramod
Old 3rd January 2011, 07:23   #38
Team-BHP Support

Nice pictures Promod... And the big fog lamps add loads of character to the car!
Old 3rd January 2011, 07:26   #39
BHPian

160+ on four lane? did you feel confident with the vehicle? That is really a high speed to drive.

Is it good in cornering with 100+ and how is the body roll?

Last edited by klassics45 : 3rd January 2011 at 07:28.
Old 3rd January 2011, 07:34   #40
BHPian

Yeti is quite stable at high speed and the body roll is not noticeable at most instance, this is mostly a car and can be driven fast, this doesn't mean you go fast anywhere anytime, but if the road permits and you can do that speed anyday anytime in Yeti. Cornering too is good enough and all the electronics will makes sure you get the max out of the vehicle. Compared to Scoprio its infinitely better at high speed and at corners.

-Pramod
Old 3rd January 2011, 08:04   #41
BHPian

Nice pictures Pramod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
The speed was in excess of 160+ on four lane[60kms] and 120+ on most of the other part between Nagpur and Amravati NH [80kms] the average speed was 80kmph as shown on the MDF, while the average speed dropped to 55kmph while I reached Chikaldhara thats another 30kms in pure Ghat section. 220kms one way out of which 150kms on NH while remaining to on a good SH with Ghat, this FE is still a good one.
-Pramod
Those are serious speeds. On the expressway, I have been in Yeti moving at 140 kmph - she goes there effortlessly and is so well composed. In fact on any kind of road, Yeti prods the driver to move. However, in contrast with Pramod's speeds, the speeds that I have clocked are saintly - mostly around 100 kmph on highways - and that's not because Yeti did not demand so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
160+ on four lane? did you feel confident with the vehicle? That is really a high speed to drive.

Is it good in cornering with 100+ and how is the body roll?
Pramod is obviously comfortable at those speeds. I am usually considered a "slow-coach" by some of my jet-flying buddies. I can tell you that Yeti is more composed, more fun-to-drive, and perhaps one of the easiest SUVs to drive. I have hardly noticed any body roll and that includes speeds of 100+. On hilly roads and ghat sections she corners beautifully and keeps up with other fast moving cars with confidence of a thoroughbred.
Old 3rd January 2011, 11:05   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Attaching few snaps from todays drive

-Pramod
Nice colour, Pramod. Matto brown is one I am interested in myself. Looking at the snaps you have shared, I was unable to see any rear door protective film/ sticker/decal film around the lower parts of the rear wheel arch.
I thought I saw the same on display versions when i went to take a look. I know that in the UK, this was fitted as part of a rough-road package, and was possibly retrospectively fitted to all Yetis because of the that didn't get it factory fitted. ( more here: Stone Chipping - BRISKODA.net - The Skoda Forum and Community)
It looks like paint chipping in this area is a serious problem; look at the spray patterns of mud on your wheel arches and you will see exactly what area is prone to this damage.
Are current Yeti owners able to update on whether this is factory fitted, and if not, if you are planning to raise a stink. ( Costs around 34 GBP to fit in the UK, so not cheap!)
I thought that India usually gets rough road packages by default for everything else! That's the first excuse trotted out for raised GC, smaller alloys and all the rest! So does the Yeti here have it or is it selective?
Also, the Yeti is "unusual" in that the lower edge of the rear door directly abuts the wheel arch!

Last edited by crackingride : 3rd January 2011 at 11:10.
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:42   #43
BHPian

Indian Yeti gets the rough road package by default, it does have the protective film on the rear door and its supposed to be that way so you are not able to make out else it will look like "after market". Go ahead an get tour self a matto brown Yeti.

-Pramod
Old 3rd January 2011, 13:31   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
... I was unable to see any rear door protective film/ sticker/decal film around the lower parts of the rear wheel arch.
I thought I saw the same on display versions when i went to take a look. I know that in the UK, this was fitted as part of a rough-road package, and was possibly retrospectively fitted to all Yetis because of the that didn't get it factory fitted. ( more here: Stone Chipping - BRISKODA.net - The Skoda Forum and Community)

It looks like paint chipping in this area is a serious problem; look at the spray patterns of mud on your wheel arches and you will see exactly what area is prone to this damage.

Are current Yeti owners able to update on whether this is factory fitted, and if not, if you are planning to raise a stink. ( Costs around 34 GBP to fit in the UK, so not cheap!)

I thought that India usually gets rough road packages by default for everything else! That's the first excuse trotted out for raised GC, smaller alloys and all the rest! So does the Yeti here have it or is it selective?
Also, the Yeti is "unusual" in that the lower edge of the rear door directly abuts the wheel arch!
As pramod says, the rough road package is standard fitment on Indian Yeti.. You can't see clear plastic flim near the rear wheels in photographs. It is otherwise it is quite obvious to the eyes. The front wheel mud-flaps should also help reduce the problem. Unfortunately they are not provided as standard. I have been chasing the dealership to procure these for me from Skoda for nearly a month now - without any success.

Having clocked more than 2000 km on odo, I have not noticed any paint chipping though.
Old 3rd January 2011, 17:55   #45
BHPian

After almost a month wait the RTO told me to choose some other registration number, the number 80 has already been allocated to a very near relative of RTO guys I can't wait anymore and have to accept anything that comes my way now, but with a assurance that RTO can get me 8080 instead of 80!
-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 3rd January 2011 at 17:56.

Most Viewed