Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2012, 21:16   #511

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

This is my first post on the forum. I have booked a Yeti, and the Yeti enthusiasts on TBHP (like pramods, Behemoth, shankar.balan) have a BIG role to play in my decision - thanks! It is an Elegance 4x4 and I will be making the payment and getting the delivery on Sunday. Before that, I am planning to go to the stockyard on Saturday to do a PDI (thanks Behemoth for the Yeti checklist and TBHP for the generic PDI checklist).

The Yeti I am buying is an Aug-2011 make (as per VIN) and thus must have been standing in the dealer stockyard for atleast six months if not more. While this is the reason for the sweet discount, I am a bit concerned if I am trying to save money at the wrong place. While most TBHPians on the forum who have bought the 2011 model recently don't seem to have any issues related to the car standing in the stockyard, but I still wanted to explicitly ask the question - what should I be concerned about (if anything) when buying the 2011 model, apart from the fact that it would be a 2011 model on paper? I am taking the extended warranty (with zero-dep).

Also a side question, any recommendations for vendors in Delhi where I can trade the Goodyear tyres for better ones? (inspired by Behemoth's tyre thread)

Will keep update the forum as I complete the purchase.

Cheers
Aerohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 23:39   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerohead View Post
While most TBHPians on the forum who have bought the 2011 model recently don't seem to have any issues related to the car standing in the stockyard, but I still wanted to explicitly ask the question - what should I be concerned about (if anything) when buying the 2011 model, apart from the fact that it would be a 2011 model on paper

Cheers
Aerohead, you wrote correct. Most didn't have a problem with a vehicle standing at stockyard for a long period of time. I did. Maybe need to start a thread in the technical stuff with yeti owners listing problems that have occurred.
Old 29th August 2012, 00:06   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerohead View Post
This is my first post on the forum. I have booked a Yeti, and the Yeti enthusiasts on TBHP (like pramods, Behemoth, shankar.balan) have a BIG role to play in my decision - thanks! It is an Elegance 4x4 and I will be making the payment and getting the delivery on Sunday. Before that, I am planning to go to the stockyard on Saturday to do a PDI (thanks Behemoth for the Yeti checklist and TBHP for the generic PDI checklist).

The Yeti I am buying is an Aug-2011 make (as per VIN) and thus must have been standing in the dealer stockyard for atleast six months if not more. While this is the reason for the sweet discount, I am a bit concerned if I am trying to save money at the wrong place. While most TBHPians on the forum who have bought the 2011 model recently don't seem to have any issues related to the car standing in the stockyard, but I still wanted to explicitly ask the question - what should I be concerned about (if anything) when buying the 2011 model, apart from the fact that it would be a 2011 model on paper? I am taking the extended warranty (with zero-dep).

Also a side question, any recommendations for vendors in Delhi where I can trade the Goodyear tyres for better ones? (inspired by Behemoth's tyre thread)

Will keep update the forum as I complete the purchase.

Cheers
As the Yeti is CKD, the VIN only mention the date the kits were manufactured. It does not tell when the kits was put up together and got assembled. One way of knowing it is from the date in the sticker of the white protection covering on the yeti (bonnet). And if it comes with the new alloys (nevis - 5 spokes), then you can be assured that yeti was assembled post April 2012 because, this Nevis alloys was added to all yetis after april 2012.

For tyres, it is hard to get a HT or AT tyres in Yeti's stock size. However, I and Abbey4u got Yoko Geolander HT 051 from the dealer I know. PM me if you interested to know the contact number.
Old 29th August 2012, 09:37   #514

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Aerohead, you wrote correct. Most didn't have a problem with a vehicle standing at stockyard for a long period of time. I did. Maybe need to start a thread in the technical stuff with yeti owners listing problems that have occurred.
Yes, I saw the clutch issue you faced, but hadn't realized it was because of standing vehicle in stockyard. Hope it gets taken good care of within the warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
As the Yeti is CKD, the VIN only mention the date the kits were manufactured. It does not tell when the kits was put up together and got assembled. One way of knowing it is from the date in the sticker of the white protection covering on the yeti (bonnet). And if it comes with the new alloys (nevis - 5 spokes), then you can be assured that yeti was assembled post April 2012 because, this Nevis alloys was added to all yetis after april 2012.

For tyres, it is hard to get a HT or AT tyres in Yeti's stock size. However, I and Abbey4u got Yoko Geolander HT 051 from the dealer I know. PM me if you interested to know the contact number.
Thanks, it does have Nevis alloys. But the date on which the dealer mentioned the vehicle was transferred to them was Oct-2011. I will have to check exactly what that date refers to. Will PM you for the dealer details.
Old 29th August 2012, 13:51   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I have seen many cars in the yard where the date on the sticker pre-dates the one from the VIN. It is the date on which the white paper gets applied to the bonnet and not the assembly date. The glue usually lasts an year an that is why they have an expiry date as well.
Old 1st September 2012, 13:13   #516
BHPian

Please put up the tyre dealers number on the forum so that everyone looking for ht tyres for their yeti can contact him directly, I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem.
Old 3rd September 2012, 11:27   #517
AAK

Hi Yetians!
This is my 1st post on Yeti forum.
Just had some queries on Yeti elg. milage...
My MFD shows milage of around 17.5 KMPL whereas the actual milage come to 13 (Milage/Ltr to brim full the tank)
Is this observation right?
Also can someone comment on if follow-me home lighting is available in Yeti?
Regards,
AAK
Old 3rd September 2012, 12:32   #518
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAK View Post
Hi Yetians!
My MFD shows milage of around 17.5 KMPL whereas the actual milage come to 13 (Milage/Ltr to brim full the tank)
Regards,
AAK
Are you sure of this? Skoda multi function displays and gadgets are known to be extremely precise. Was that your "Average Fuel Consumption" or "Instantaneous Fuel Consumption"?

Yes, the Yeti has follow me home lighting IMO. Pramod can help you to activate it if it isn't.
Old 3rd September 2012, 14:21   #519
AAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Are you sure of this? Skoda multi function displays and gadgets are known to be extremely precise. Was that your "Average Fuel Consumption" or "Instantaneous Fuel Consumption"?

Yes, the Yeti has follow me home lighting IMO. Pramod can help you to activate it if it isn't.
I am sure about that...I checked the average consumption (with symbol Phi)
Is there any way to calibrate it?

@Pramod: Can you please let me know how to activate Follow me home and any other mods?
Old 3rd September 2012, 14:32   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I think its already activated but will require a change in headlight switch.
Old 3rd September 2012, 18:36   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAK
Hi Yetians!
Regards,
AAK
MFD over-reads by about 10 percent. SET MFD to zero when you fill the next. Or perhaps change the gas station. Your fuel station could be under filling!
SushilBajpai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2012, 21:45   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u

I think its already activated but will require a change in headlight switch.
That's correct you need auto light switch to activate these feature auto magically, these feature can be activated manually too but that process is cumbersome. The MFD fuel consumption reads optimistically by 10%, you can set it to read accurately via VCDS which I have done and it matches exactly to every liter in tank!

@Sushil, how is your Yeti doing ? And what's the current odo?

-Pramod
pramods is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 11:19   #523
BHPian

What can I bring back for my Yeti from Germany?

Dear Pramod, Shankar , Behemoth and other Yeti owners, I have a 4x2 Skoda yeti purchased about month back. I plan to be in Germany for about 2-3 weeks on a business trip. Does anybody know what would be a good gift ( Accessory ) to bring back for her? I am looking for something not so expensive, worth the money and not available in India.
Old 11th September 2012, 06:32   #524
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy
Dear Pramod, Shankar , Behemoth and other Yeti owners, I have a 4x2 Skoda yeti purchased about month back. I plan to be in Germany for about 2-3 weeks on a business trip. Does anybody know what would be a good gift ( Accessory ) to bring back for her? I am looking for something not so expensive, worth the money and not available in India.
You should get onto superskoda.com and check out all the skoda accessories they have there.
Pretty much nothing is available here in India in terms of high quality OE accessories for the Skoda vehicles!
Old 11th September 2012, 08:59   #525
BHPian

I got my Yeti Ambition 4x4 last Friday. I see the following things missing in my car, is it normal?

1. No parcel tray under the driver seat. There is one under the passenger seat
2. No lighter, only dummy.
3. No special fifth nut for tyre theft protection. Has Skoda stopped this? My Fabia has it
4. There is no spare full bulb and fuse set (box). Just 2 bulbs and 2 fuses.

Most Viewed