Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2013, 20:50   #706
BHPian

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
Ankur, I am sure folks that our TBHP guys recommended are going to be highly skilled and top guns in their trade. Question is - what if you do some changes outside Service center and later god forbid require warranty claim. Reading all the sad stories, I have no confidence that A.S.S will not point to a harmless changes you did and cry foul just to get out of warranty processing. In fact I was too evaluating putting a Philadelphia 835 but decided against it.

I know this sounds strange but I would be more comfortable making changes that they can not easily see/detect ( remap ) than the once they can.
Fair point Sam. And I tend to agree that some of the changes that Vagtune would provide as an option are changes which won't be viewed kindly either by the dealer or Skoda India. Having said that, Skoda does not offer Navigation in India. If I were to install a navigation unit, it will have to be aftermarket which again could be disputed by them when, and God forbid, if, it comes to claiming warranty. I view the Blaupunkt unit installation as similar in nature, they can argue but I think it will be unfair on their part to deny warranty unless changes are made to the wiring, which I understand the Blaupunkt unit does not entail.

In any case, this unit is more cost effective than installing a Bolero, then a OEM BT unit and a separate GPS unit. An aftermarket unit which provides all of these features and more and costs less and requires no additional / altered wiring of any sort would logically be a better safer choice. Otherwise, I'm just stuck with Swing, which is rather uninspiring to be personally.

I'll update you on my decision as soon as I've been able to make one - so far, still waiting for the car to be brought to Bangalore!

PS - did receive my VAG-Com Hex cable today, and am really excited for the possibilities with this baby!!
Old 17th September 2013, 11:47   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkurS View Post
PS - did receive my VAG-Com Hex cable today, and am really excited for the possibilities with this baby!!
Would love to learn from you all the mods that we can make using the cable and computer..
Old 17th September 2013, 12:26   #708
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Remember to copy all the codes, before changing anything.

Anyway a few things that come to mind are -
Changing from l/100km to kmpl, change the country to Japan in instruments.
Activate auto lock and unlock
Activate cornering fog lamps
Daytime running lights
Emergency brake light flashing
Electronic differential lock or XDS (if your car has ESP)
Brake assist to 2 (makes brake pedal a lot less spongy)
Old 17th September 2013, 13:44   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeeshonly View Post
Would love to learn from you all the mods that we can make using the cable and computer..
The VCDS cable is key to "Haven" and "Hell" , please use it wisely!
Few of the values are obfuscated and can't be reversed mainly when playing with headlight setting, please use caution and get the correct information and know what you are doing.

-Pramod
Old 19th September 2013, 20:01   #710
BHPian

Picked up my yeti back from tafe. They have replaced the compressor. AC is working fine now. My warranty expires in feb. I just hope that nothing more will break down again :-(

TAFE guys gave me a feedback form and I have given them honest feedback. My service advisor was yogesh, he was kind and honest in his dealings.
Old 19th September 2013, 21:48   #711

Good News!! I have got my Bluetooth Module fitted successfully on my Yeti!! Special thanks to Pramods for his valuable inputs about it which gave me confidence to actually purchase and got it fixed. Skoda dealer in Delhi worked patiently on coding and finally got thru. Guys its worth spending money as it brings lot of versatility! The guy from where I purchased this has got Bolero Unit and Bluetooth, anyone interested, will be happy to share details!
Old 30th September 2013, 19:00   #712
BHPian

Yeti pics from our recent ladakh trip
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-10014962313_a6bb129e03.jpg  

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-10014879166_894bd11939.jpg  

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-10014444454_410b9a6b13.jpg  

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-10014486446_66afb5ede9.jpg  

abbey4u is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 10:26   #713
BHPian

Great pics.. which tyre does your Yeti have?
Old 1st October 2013, 11:42   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeeshonly View Post
Great pics.. which tyre does your Yeti have?
Yoko Geolander. It's an HT tyre.
Old 4th October 2013, 11:52   #715
BHPian

Great pics abbey! Good show with the post production as well

An update on my SM too - have had the beast for two weeks now and have loved every minute of it. People have asked me a lot about the car, and I've discovered that though it may not be a common sight on the roads, folks generally have good things to say about the car. Was pulling out of the driveway the other day when a fellow White SM owner passed by, all the time staring at us. I'm sure he was happy to add to his clan!

In terms of the upgrades done so far, I've have the Radio Swing replaced with Philly 835, and I must say, it's worth every penny. In the short time I've had it, I haven't had a complaint, and it does everything it's advertised to do. Happy owner. Also put the VCDS to good use, enabled the following:
- Corner Fog light assist
- Lane change assist changed from 3 to 5
- Auto lock @ 15 kmph, auto unlock on key removal
Also replaced the headlamp switch with the auto switch and am enjoying that luxury.

Have not changed the OEM GYs yet. Will probably let them run the course of their lives - haven't faced an issue with them so far, fingers crossed.

And a Thank you to all the advice I received from the forum members here, lots of what I wanted to do was possible because of you. Cheers!!
Old 5th October 2013, 17:04   #716

Good News !! What is "Lane change assist changed from 3 to 5"?
Old 5th October 2013, 23:52   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvaid View Post
Good News !! What is "Lane change assist changed from 3 to 5"?
Thanks Deepak. Lane change assist refers to the number of times the indicator blinks when it's tapped (not depressed fully, but a light tap). Changed the interval from 3 to 5 blinks using VCDS.
Old 6th October 2013, 02:26   #718
E63
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Deepak. Lane change assist refers to the number of times the indicator blinks when it's tapped (not depressed fully, but a light tap). Changed the interval from 3 to 5 blinks using VCDS.

What is VCDS????
Old 6th October 2013, 08:47   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by E63 View Post
What is VCDS????
E63, let me tell you what it is - this is a combination of hardware ( interfacing cable ) and software that would allow you to gain control over some programmable aspects of your car. For your convinience here's the link to the product.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/index.html

If I have to take a wild guess, VCDS could stand for "Volkswagen Car Dignostic Software"
Old 6th October 2013, 09:25   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
E63, let me tell you what it is - this is a combination of hardware ( interfacing cable ) and software that would allow you to gain control over some programmable aspects of your car. For your convinience here's the link to the product. http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/index.html If I have to take a wild guess, VCDS could stand for "Volkswagen Car Dignostic Software"
Well explained samyboy. VCDS stands for VAG-COM Diagnostic System which is a system developed by Ross-Tech to communicate and program Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft (VAG) cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks