Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2013, 12:19   #721
E63
BANNED

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

So basically its a funny fancy name given to a device which essentially remaps the ECU?
Old 6th October 2013, 15:59   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkurS View Post
Well explained samyboy. VCDS stands for VAG-COM Diagnostic System which is a system developed by Ross-Tech to communicate and program Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft (VAG) cars.
Ankur, thanks for the clarification man. I just made up my form of VCDS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E63 View Post
So basically its a funny fancy name given to a device which essentially remaps the ECU?
No sir.. Remap is totally different ball-game. I do not think VCDS can remap ECU. Think of it as it provides limited control of parameters/values of operating system but can not upgrade the OS itself.
Old 6th October 2013, 16:49   #723
E63
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 10th October 2013 at 15:29.
E63 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th October 2013, 20:49   #724

Have sent my Yeti to workshop. There has been noise from Engine bay in the morning and problem with flywheel has been diagnosed. Thank god, my yeti is under extended warranty. I have experienced Skoda have problem with clutch. My old Octavia clutch failed in just 40K Kms & so my current Laura and with Yeti it has confirmed my fear! Lets see how much time it takes to resolve this..till then I will miss driving my Yeti
Old 8th October 2013, 19:27   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
In case you have difficulty in sourcing the Yoko C-Drives (in Stock size), you can also go in for Pirelli P7, which are also very good. On CMT, they are available for 8280 each. (You can scout around for better prices)
http://www.changemytyre.com/Car/Tyres/Pirelli/P7/2492

Tyre change is 100% worth it, as the Goodyear stock tyres are really noisy and also lack road grip, especially at higher speeds.
Behemoth, I got my tyres replaced finally, as the old ones had worn out enough to scare me. I got Pirelli P7 for the Yeti. Thank you for the suggestion! Road noise has reduced and ride seems to be better.
Old 8th October 2013, 19:32   #726
BHPian

While changing the tyres, I saw something that made me worry even more about the skoda service. After the compressor replacement, they left out a few plastic rivets while refitting the bumper. If this is the case from outside, god knows how many nuts they might have missed from inside. It also seems that they have handled the bumper etc quite carelessly causing paint damage on the edges. Attaching a few pictures..
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-1393353_10151643064046771_1434541284_o.jpg  

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-1393057_10151643063881771_887486017_o.jpg  

Old 8th October 2013, 20:18   #727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeeshonly View Post
I got Pirelli P7 for the Yeti.
Is that a regular 'car' (sedan) tyre? It says ALL SEASON, but I dont think that means AT does it?
Old 8th October 2013, 21:30   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

Is that a regular 'car' (sedan) tyre? It says ALL SEASON, but I dont think that means AT does it?
It's not AT. The tread looks like that of a car tyre
Old 8th October 2013, 21:49   #729
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It's not AT. The tread looks like that of a car tyre
Be careful, Pirelli P7 are car touring tyres are far as I know. Watch out for sharp edges, and big bumps. You may not feel much in the car but your tyre may get damaged.
Old 9th October 2013, 02:07   #730
BHPian

I have completed 40k on my Yoko geolander tyres. It seems good for another 10-15 k I guess.
Old 10th October 2013, 20:19   #731
BHPian

Quote:
While changing the tyres, I saw something that made me worry even more about the skoda service. After the compressor replacement, they left out a few plastic rivets while refitting the bumper. If this is the case from outside, god knows how many nuts they might have missed from inside. It also seems that they have handled the bumper etc quite carelessly causing paint damage on the edges. Attaching a few pictures..
You also need to check the front bumper and if they have dismantled that for any reason check the front sensors carefully(assuming yours in Elegance) they generally mess with wiring and attaching the sensor rightly and you may drop some of the sensors! Service center at list here generally don't have the proper rivet in stock as its 2 way clip with adjustment attached as part of rivet, if the other part is dropped they would leave that "as is" or try to screw the bolt on plastic part will eventually falls.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 20:49   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post

You also need to check the front bumper and if they have dismantled that for any reason check the front sensors carefully(assuming yours in Elegance) they generally mess with wiring and attaching the sensor rightly and you may drop some of the sensors! Service center at list here generally don't have the proper rivet in stock as its 2 way clip with adjustment attached as part of rivet, if the other part is dropped they would leave that "as is" or try to screw the bolt on plastic part will eventually falls.

-Pramod
Thanks pramod. Mine is ambition 4x4. It does have sensors I believe.
Old 11th October 2013, 15:52   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks pramod. Mine is ambition 4x4. It does have sensors I believe.
Oh, you don't have to worry about then, as I was talking about front sensors, Elegance model have both rear and front sensors, nonetheless the problem is not the sensors but the service and attitude.

-Pramod
Old 11th October 2013, 18:13   #734
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Why not contact Mr Aiyanna at Vinayak for your service needs. He is a good guy and will look after your car much better than those halfwitted monsters at TAFE can and will. Mention my name if you want and tell him you're a TBHP member - he will definitely look after you.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 18:22   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Why not contact Mr Aiyanna at Vinayak for your service needs. He is a good guy and will look after your car much better than those halfwitted monsters at TAFE can and will. Mention my name if you want and tell him you're a TBHP member - he will definitely look after you.
Thanks Shankar. I will take the vehicle there for a 37500 km check up! Where does Aliyanna sit?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks