Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2013, 21:02   #736
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeeshonly View Post
Thanks Shankar. I will take the vehicle there for a 37500 km check up! Where does Aliyanna sit?
He works from K R Puram. Meet Prem, the service advisor there. He is also a nice guy and helpful.
Enjoy!
Old 11th October 2013, 21:59   #737
BHPian

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
He works from K R Puram. Meet Prem, the service advisor there. He is also a nice guy and helpful.
Enjoy!
I would also recommend Pradeep who is a service advisor in the same location for being very professional and thorough. You may refer to me as the owner of the Laura with the A/c and fuse box issues which he has been helping very diligently with. Incidentally, I believe that they're closed tomorrow and on Monday for Dussera.
Old 12th October 2013, 19:34   #738
BHPian

Cross-posting here in addition to the the Skoda Laura technical issues thread.

Any recommendations for a good body shop in Bangalore other than the Skoda service centers? I have a few odd bumper scratches and dents that I thought that I'd get fixed. I read the reviews on Sai Colorium and Trend. I don't see any Lauras mentioned in the reviews though and was wondering if they'd be able to match the factory (white) paint.

I noticed Shankar's recommendation for Trend for simple paintless dent removal work. If anybody cares to recount other experience including bumper painting/panel work, I'd appreciate it a lot. I'm trying to get competitive quotes for reasonable work.

Thanks,
BITF
Old 21st October 2013, 12:46   #739
BHPian

Just got back after a short trip to Kabini and can I say what a brilliant drive it was! 250 KMs either way without a feeling of discomfort, nervousness or wanting more.. Not much else I could've asked. The car took everything in its stride, from suddenly appearing speed breakers to over enthusiastic swift drivers to broken village roads full of mud and slush. There is a slight under steer around corners due to the body roll of a tall car, but it corrects itself more often than not. AC worked smooth and without a perceptible impact on power delivery. I am glad to have the SM in my stable, may the happy tribe continue to grow!!

One question - does anybody know if Vinayaka has a stock of the sill protectors and fender covers? TAFE has been tardy despite many repeated follow ups. Else will go ahead and order from Europe despite the added customs which I'll have to bear. Cheers, Happy Motoring
Old 24th October 2013, 11:11   #740
BHPian

Hi All,

I finally got my SM back from the ASC on Sep 28th but I have started noticing a few things about the car lately:
1. There is a humming noise apart from the engine noise. Can other Yeti owner's confirm if they get this humming noise as well?
2. Have driven close to 2500 kms since I got the car back but the power transmission does not feel linear to me. I think I will have to revisit the ASC
3. Did any other Yeti owners face the same issue with coolant leakage wherein the cylinder head got replaced?

Not sure if its just me but since the day the car is back from the ASC, I have found reduced levels of performance with the car. Will drive for a few hundred more kms to see if these issues fade away.

Thanks,
Sid
Old 31st October 2013, 13:15   #741
BHPian

Hi. I just bought a new skoda yeti Brilliant silver on September 28 2013 from Skoda Vinayaka, Bangalore. I absolutely love the car. Just have a small doubt.
A. Can the under seat tray in the front passenger seat can be removed and fitted below the driver seat?
B. The issue of fogging on the front windscreen continues to happen when the AC is on and its raining outside. No amount of defogger is making this stop ?

Any suggestions?
prasadathani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 16:59   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadathani View Post
Hi. I just bought a new skoda yeti Brilliant silver on September 28 2013 from Skoda Vinayaka, Bangalore. I absolutely love the car. Just have a small doubt. A. Can the under seat tray in the front passenger seat can be removed and fitted below the driver seat? B. The issue of fogging on the front windscreen continues to happen when the AC is on and its raining outside. No amount of defogger is making this stop ? Any suggestions?
Welcome to the Yeti tribe. For demisting switch to manual Ac and use the front, leg and rear vents only. It will take care of all fogging.
Carcrazy60 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 10:42   #743
BHPian

Now that I have the SM back after the cylinder head replacement, I have driven it for more than 4000 Kms and the car seems to behave better now. I hope I am not left to face any such issues in the future regarding a manufacturing defect. The ASC dealt the case properly and especially Mr.Hemanth from Vinayak Cars was very helpful. My overall experience was Skoda should improve its internal processes as they spent huge amount of time communicating back and forth between ASC and Skoda. Since the SM is my only car, I am practically left at their mercy to get the car back soon.
Old 10th December 2013, 19:16   #744

Did anyone used Suspension Modulator from company called Rogerab? The company is from Roger Motors made of Urethane material is fixed between Strut Springs. Company claims improvement in suspension performance?
Old 7th February 2014, 12:19   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkurS View Post
Great pics abbey! Good show with the post production as well

In terms of the upgrades done so far, I've have the Radio Swing replaced with Philly 835, and I must say, it's worth every penny.
Hi Ankur,

Is there any improvement in the sound output with the Philly 835 compared to the stock bolero? Were you also able to get the steering controls in place with this?

Thanks,
Sid
Old 7th February 2014, 13:29   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadathani View Post
Hi. I just bought a new skoda yeti Brilliant silver on September 28 2013 from Skoda Vinayaka, Bangalore. I absolutely love the car. Just have a small doubt.
A. Can the under seat tray in the front passenger seat can be removed and fitted below the driver seat?
B. The issue of fogging on the front windscreen continues to happen when the AC is on and its raining outside. No amount of defogger is making this stop ?

Any suggestions?
Enjoy your Yeti, you can order a different under seat tray and fit it on driver side, this is is possible, you have to order the left hand drive under seat tray and fit it manually, people in UK have done that, may be look at briskoda.net forum for more detail.

-Pramod
Old 7th February 2014, 19:34   #747
BANNED

Trend is good at most of these things.
I think Im posting very late on this but just for the record, they are decent blokes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheFold View Post
Cross-posting here in addition to the the Skoda Laura technical issues thread.

Any recommendations for a good body shop in Bangalore other than the Skoda service centers? I have a few odd bumper scratches and dents that I thought that I'd get fixed. I read the reviews on Sai Colorium and Trend. I don't see any Lauras mentioned in the reviews though and was wondering if they'd be able to match the factory (white) paint.

I noticed Shankar's recommendation for Trend for simple paintless dent removal work. If anybody cares to recount other experience including bumper painting/panel work, I'd appreciate it a lot. I'm trying to get competitive quotes for reasonable work.

Thanks,
BITF
Old 19th February 2014, 14:21   #748

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Enjoy your Yeti, you can order a different under seat tray and fit it on driver side, this is is possible, you have to order the left hand drive under seat tray and fit it manually, people in UK have done that, may be look at briskoda.net forum for more detail.

-Pramod
Hi Pramod- I just read your posts on your trip to Ladakh.... What tyres do you recommend? Also my Yeti4x4 will be over 3 years old. Do you recommend change of battery, clutch and break pads etc.
thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 14:46   #749
BHPian

Mine is 3+ year old, apart from tires every things is "as is" and working as expected, I have gone with Bridgestone tire after my Leh trip, 10K+ kms done on them till now and they are GOOD , would definitely recommend Bridgestone over the OEM Goodyear.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2014, 14:48   #750
BANNED

I want some help.
Its two years plus some months since my Yeti came into our house.

I have hardly driven it around 23000 odd kilometres so far.
The leather seats have been cared for very carefully indeed, personally by me, using the the best waxes and protectants available here. Typically, irrespective of the weather conditions, I apply surface protectants and waxes and polish my seats approximately once a fortnight.

However, I am absolutely unable to rid the driving seat of one tiny scar which took place because of an idiot security guard at Manipal hospital dropping his stupid ball point pen onto the seat when the cap was not on. This happened within three months of my buying this car. The ballpen left small a spot of dirty blue ink on the seat and despite my best efforts in rubbing it off, it still is visible.
Other than this, I believe that the seat leather upholstery is slowly darkening in shade, from how it was when it first came to me. It is also acquiring the patina of age and getting a bit wrinkly. Leather does look nice as it ages, no doubt about that.

It is only the front seats that get used in this car most of the time and in the case of my car, the seat that takes the maximum beating is the drivers seat, because of my bulk and weight.

Is there a scientific way to 'refresh' the seats to make them look as good as new? Specifically the drivers seat?

Most Viewed