Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2015, 19:54   #811
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
I am thinking of doing the same as soon as I am back.
I got a highly apologetic call from my Service Centre post my email to them - they said they missed this out and they also said, my running is very low and hence, it would not pose any problem. They have offered to pickup the car anytime of my choice and sort it out asap. It is likely to cost about 4-5K for this.
Im giving my vehicle to them in early April to get it sorted. Along the way they can also do a general checkup and top up of all fluids as necessary, with a good solid clean up job as well!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 22:05   #812

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
This is original phone module that comes as a option with yeti world wide, except India, here we don't even have option to get this, I got this from ebay with the complete wire harness and mic, the installation is easy, let me put the installation instruction in brief

Switch off the vehicle.
Remove the music system, to remove the music system, you have to remove the trim first, and they you get the 4 trox screw that need to be removed.
[you need to have you activation code of the music system handy, else while fitting it back you would not be able to use it any more]
-Pramod
HI Pramod

Thanks for the instructions, I have recently purchased a Laura Lnk 2011. I am inprocess of aquiring and fitting the latest Bluetooth module 9zz.

Thanks for pointing out about the activation code. would you (or other members) know how can I find the activation code of my Bolero Radio unit. So this code needs to be entered every time we unhook the battery ?? (not that I do that every day)

Thanks
shishir
Old 20th November 2015, 23:09   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dial_shishir View Post
HI Pramod

...........know how can I find the activation code of my Bolero Radio unit. So this code needs to be entered every time we unhook the battery ?? (not that I do that every day)

Thanks

shishir
You can ask the Skoda Service, they should provide the code, atleast I got it just by asking them. (Each installed component and its details are there on Skoda online database they would just have to punch in your car VIN).

I was required to enter the code only when the Bolero system was completely removed. I remember disconnecting the battery during cruise control install but was not required to enter code in Bolero.

It going to be 5yrs now, Yeti is running as good as it was on day one, the insurance quote I got from Baja Allianz is same as last year (including no claim bonus!). Has insurance cost gone up or may be after 5 years Skoda insurance don't need me as a customer.

-Pramod
Old 11th February 2016, 22:48   #814

Hello All,

My first post on this quality forum. In fact, we have been "on/off" Team BHP visitors for tips on road trips. The Newbie tag happened only in the recent past during the Skoda Yeti acquisition in the stable.

Must say, WHAT A CAR. WOW.. A absolutely marvelous experience on the 4*4. The black beauty & I with family have together clocked 14000 Kms in 8 months. Tafé Access has been nice, barring a bit of distortion on facts regarding extended warranty during the buy. And I guess, a tad too early for an opinion on the After sales service. Hope to keep the love affair with the car going & more posts to follow.. Cheers
Karthik Raman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 11:39   #815
BHPian

My Yeti battery is dead, I was thinking of changing but somehow continued lasted for 66 months. Any suggestion on battery brand? the SE tells me to go for DIN 60 but I believe it need 74 AH battery.

-Pramod
Old 27th April 2016, 11:50   #816
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My Yeti battery is dead, I was thinking of changing but somehow continued lasted for 66 months. Any suggestion on battery brand? the SE tells me to go for DIN 60 but I believe it need 74 AH battery.

-Pramod
I went for an Amaron DIN74 battery in my Yeti and it fits fine in the bay, but the Battery fabric cover no longer fits as it is designed for 60AH batteries.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 11:56   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I went for an Amaron DIN74 battery in my Yeti and it fits fine in the bay, but the Battery fabric cover no longer fits as it is designed for 60AH batteries.
Does this means the current battery is actually DIN 60? I was looking at Exide, any recommendation on online battery store?

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 27th April 2016 at 12:04.
Old 27th April 2016, 14:21   #818
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does this means the current battery is actually DIN 60? I was looking at Exide, any recommendation on online battery store?

-Pramod
Yes I think it is DIN 60 and the AH rating is 61AH exactly. For the battery I would recommend buying from a physical store instead as online battery stores tend to charge a higher price due to high battery weight. But for comparison sake you can check on www.batterybhai.com
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 18:08   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Yes I think it is DIN 60 and the AH rating is 61AH exactly. For the battery I would recommend buying from a physical store instead as online battery stores tend to charge a higher price due to high battery weight. But for comparison sake you can check on www.batterybhai.com
Thank, Behemoth.I got Exide DIN 60 costed 6.5K, its an exact fit while DIN 74 seems bigger and the original jacket was not getting around even the space was a tight fit for DIN 74.
I hope this battery too last as as the original one!

-Pramod
Old 9th January 2017, 10:52   #820
BHPian

If you get hit under front right tire, you are going to puncture the washer tank, it's placed too low and the under-body plastic protection hits the tank! I punctured it with a small under-body hit this weekend.
The old design of having multiple tank for different feature( with light washer, with tank sensor ) have been changed by VW/Skoda and now they have single washer tank with multiple child parts. Nonetheless I was able to remove the front bumper, tank and fix the newer tank all by myself! The total cost of the washer tank Rs3700 with child parts.

Its been 6+ years with Yeti and the Yeti still feels the same.

-Pramod
Old 11th January 2017, 17:57   #821
BHPian

Greetings All,

I've recently found that my air conditioner is not cooling well on my 2011 Yeti 2.0 4X4. Upon initial inspection, it appears my condenser is to blame. Does SKODA India have any subsidization scheme for its faulty aircon components on so many Yetis?
Old 11th January 2017, 18:38   #822
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Does SKODA India have any subsidization scheme for its faulty aircon components on so many Yetis?
Skoda is very co operative in arranging and having a lot of parts fitted under "goodwill warranty" for a lot of cars.

Send them an email and I m pretty confident that they will help you out.
Old 13th November 2017, 10:21   #823
BHPian

An Update: Had a ESP, ABS error on the console, it went away after driving for 2 km. VCDS diagnostic check indicated an intermittent connection error for rear right ABS speed sensor. Removed the rear right tire, removed the ABS speed sensor, unplugged the sensor, it seemed quite dirty, cleaned and refitted. Cleared the DTC error and re-scanned the car, everything seems OK for now. Hope it was just the dirty sensor. Will keep a watch on it or else will have to replace the sensor. The wiring seems to be alright nothing wrong anywhere else.

Its 7 years now with my Yeti with 53K on odo, am not able to drive more these day as the weekends are for R1200GSA, still the Yeti feels and look more like new!

-Pramod
pramods is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 10:30   #824
BHPian

Update: I got the error again and its gone within 100 meters of riding. Looks like the sensor is on last leg and causing this intermittent error, will have to get this sensor changed.

-Pramod
Old 14th November 2017, 17:16   #825
BHPian

It keeps happening on my Yeti too. Initially I tried cleaning and putting back the sensors but like you mentioned, it is just a temporary fix and the problem is back very soon. Now I just replace the sensor whenever the issue crops up. I just did last week. Just like filters, oil and brake pads, I've started to consider the ABS sensor as a consumable item. Applicable to the Bimmer too. I don't know why they can't come up with a reliable solution for this!

My Yeti is also going to turn 7 in a couple of weeks and I feel just the same as you said... It still feels new, still drives like new and I still enjoy the drives in Yeti.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks