Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2017, 20:21   #841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Going to stay with Skoda, they are offering a 4 year maintenance package on Kodiaq. Hoping the Kodiaq is going to be as reliable as the Yeti was.
Skoda seems very lethargic and least interested in selling more cars.

All the very best for you with the Kodiaq! Will be eagerly awaiting your review on it. When are you taking the delivery?
Old 25th December 2017, 08:54   #842
VBN
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

The abs sensor issue arose for me too now. Coincidence that 3 of us had it. I got the dealer to replace it under the extended warranty.
VBN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 09:41   #843
BHPian

Was it just the ABS Sensor or the wheel bearing was also changed?

Sensor generally are OK, its the wheel bearing that give way, any minute play there can cause the sensor to emit error. I saw the debug message and it says mechanical, this means replace bearing. Whiling replacing they replace the sensor too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBN View Post
The abs sensor issue arose for me too now. Coincidence that 3 of us had it. I got the dealer to replace it under the extended warranty.
-Pramod
Old 25th December 2017, 11:11   #844
VBN
BHPian

Just the sensor was ‘faulty’.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Was it just the ABS Sensor or the wheel bearing was also changed?

Sensor generally are OK, its the wheel bearing that give way, any minute play there can cause the sensor to emit error. I saw the debug message and it says mechanical, this means replace bearing. Whiling replacing they replace the sensor too.

-Pramod
Only the sensor was ‘faulty’. It threw a continuous TPM alert too. And strangely the No bend lighting afs function. All three problems were due to the 1 sensor.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-3778b693fcda4bcea4f6f7f4dd9fa5ab.jpeg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th December 2017 at 11:35. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post within the 30-minute edit window to add more contents to it. Thanks.
Old 25th December 2017, 11:30   #845
BHPian

Sold my Yeti after 7 years of owning it. Every day, we miss the car. There simply wasn't anything to beat it in terms of practicality, space, comfort, ride, storage, power and maneuverability. The only chink in the armor was Skoda India's after sales and support which was worse than terrible.

It's clear that Skoda has given up on the Indian market as they command <2% share with no ability to increase sales in the foreseeable future. Sadly, yet another Western company has succumbed to their crooked Indian Joint Venture partner malpractice.
Old 25th December 2017, 13:45   #846
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Sold my Yeti after 7 years of owning it. Every day, we miss the car. There simply wasn't anything to beat it in terms of practicality, space, comfort, ride, storage, power and maneuverability. The only chink in the armor was Skoda India's after sales and support which was worse than terrible.

It's clear that Skoda has given up on the Indian market as they command <2% share with no ability to increase sales in the foreseeable future. Sadly, yet another Western company has succumbed to their crooked Indian Joint Venture partner malpractice.
Agree completely with you. It was a brilliant yet quirky car which was let down by the after sales service of Skoda.
What are you replacing yours with? It is difficult to replace the Yeti.
Old 31st December 2017, 13:26   #847
VBN
BHPian

i am currently in the 3rd year of my 2nd Yeti. another 2 years more before i go in for a replacement. Curious to know what other Yeti owners have done.
Old 31st December 2017, 16:04   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Sadly, yet another Western company has succumbed to their crooked Indian Joint Venture partner malpractice.
What Indian JV partner? AFAIK, the VW group in India is a 100% owned by the parent company.
Old 31st December 2017, 16:30   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Agree completely with you. It was a brilliant yet quirky car which was let down by the after sales service of Skoda.
What are you replacing yours with? It is difficult to replace the Yeti.
We are planning to replace the car with the Creta diesel automatic (facelift). Not quite the same amount of genius behind the car but after dealing with Skoda’s A.S.S. for 7 years, we came with a simple resolution: Compromise our factory design and engineering preferences in favor of peace of mind.

Hyundai and Maruti offer this in a way that no VAG company ever will in India. While my mind hates that I am forced to patronize inferior products, my soul won’t stop thanking me for it!
Old 1st January 2018, 09:12   #850
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We are planning to replace the car with the Creta diesel automatic (facelift). Not quite the same amount of genius behind the car but after dealing with Skoda’s A.S.S. for 7 years, we came with a simple resolution: Compromise our factory design and engineering preferences in favor of peace of mind.

Hyundai and Maruti offer this in a way that no VAG company ever will in India. While my mind hates that I am forced to patronize inferior products, my soul won’t stop thanking me for it!
Sure that sounds logical and peace of mind is a top priority especially once you have experienced Skoda services. If you can wait for 2 months I recommend you wait for the Compass 1.6 MJD AT which should be launched soon and hopefully under 20L. Though on the service part I don't know how it would be yet as I have not yet experienced it yet! The Compass will not disappoint you compared to the Yeti and does many things better than the Yeti.
Old 12th July 2020, 17:51   #851

Skoda Yeti 2011 4x4 Elegance climate control problem
Hello BHPians
I am a new member. I was hooked onto Team BHP forum during my compulsary quarantine after my COVID duty (I'm a medicine resident doctor).
I have a very unique problem in my car. I'm aware of Skoda's problems with AC and have faced my share of problems. A few years back my car's AC just stopped working - not cooling at all. After a lot of efforts, the final solution was changing the compressor which was done by Skoda ASS. The cooling was restored, infact became better, but it came at the cost of some engine performance and fuel efficiency. But no one cared in my house at that time because peak summers in Chandigarh means you need the AC at all cost. But cut to the winter of that year, I noticed a weird problem. The car heating system didn't work. No matter how much I raised the temperature, it just blowed cold air. Another major problem I noticed was that the front defogger didn't work. On pressing the defogger switch it just blew cold air in the cabin at full speed. We showed Skoda ASS and their solution was change the climate control unit, which was an expensive affair. The problem could not be identified by outside experts too. We've been living with that problem ever since. Since we have other cars, the Skoda is limited to some city use in the daytime during winters or keeping the windows down during the chilly winters.
Now, we have decided to hang on to our Yeti for a couple of more years and have decided to finally repair this problem once and for all. I was hoping for help on Team BHP regarding the same. Fingers crossed
Old 12th July 2020, 18:56   #852
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukhrajsingh93 View Post
But cut to the winter of that year, I noticed a weird problem. The car heating system didn't work. No matter how much I raised the temperature, it just blowed cold air. Another major problem I noticed was that the front defogger didn't work. On pressing the defogger switch it just blew cold air in the cabin at full speed. We showed Skoda ASS and their solution was change the climate control unit, which was an expensive affair. The problem could not be identified by outside experts too. We've been living with that problem ever since. I was hoping for help on Team BHP regarding the same. Fingers crossed
I had this problem with my Octavia RS. You need to review the scan results, it is quite possible that the servo motors which direct the hotter are not working. It is a messy dash out ob, I think. The Skoda dealer was very reluctant to sort my issue out so I lived with it. I was painful in Ooty one cold damp night. If only, I knew the independents who could help out now.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks