Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2011, 04:08   #91
BHPian

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

@VBN: Mine TPMS coding and light on dash is this is first one else where too( on Briskoda as well rosstech vwvortex forum!!) I tried playing with coding with help from Ross-Tech.
@Sushil: The auto headlights wiring are in place only switch is needed, regarding Dealer, all are same the only difference is you need to let them know you know the things betters and show them how it will work!! Better get the rapo with tech guys and possibly let them know few tricks( I have all the original manuals you know it)

I also have rosstech vagcom cable.
-Pramod
pramods is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2011, 18:54   #92
BHPian

Updating his thread after long time, Yeti trip computer fuel average is almost 10% better than actual, I have corrected this value via VAG Com interface and hope to get accurate value next time onward. Will update the thread upon next refill.

-Pramod
Old 13th June 2011, 07:44   #93
BHPian

Now the trip computer show the exact fuel efficiency or better less than actual one, the last one calculated by tankful to tankful as 14.7 kmpl while the computer reading was 14.5 kmpl. I don't want to go and change the value , will stick with this, it is way better than always showing 10% more than actual!

-Pramod
Old 13th June 2011, 09:22   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Now the trip computer show the exact fuel efficiency or better less than actual one, the last one calculated by tankful to tankful as 14.7 kmpl while the computer reading was 14.5 kmpl. I don't want to go and change the value , will stick with this, it is way better than always showing 10% more than actual!

-Pramod
Thats good news. I think you have made most use of the VAG interface.

Two queries:
1. Did you do it yourself or through the skoda service? What value do you adjust to get correct FE.

2. In my Fabia petrol the instantaneous FE value drops to 0.0 l/100km when you lift your foot off the accelerator, with vehicle in motion. This can't be correct since engine is still running and would be consuming fuel. This may eventually show better average FE than actual. Am I right?
Old 13th June 2011, 10:03   #95
BHPian

I did it myself via VAGCOM, original value was 100% and I changed that value to 108%.While idling you can see the consumption on the computer in l/km mode, in some instances the fuel is not pumped in and then it shows 0.0 l/km else it will show you the current consumption. You can do the correction in instrumentation and adaption channel.

-Pramod
pramods is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 08:18   #96
BHPian

After a long time got opportunity of 500km drive one way from Nagpur to Hyderabad, the drive overall as good, the road condition is not that good, it's a mix of some bad and some really good roads, the good road toll are as high as Rs90 and the lowest at Rs5. Overall vehicle performed really well and got fuel average of 16kmpl with some spirited drive of 180kmph and mostly sedate drive in range of 90-110 kmph, average speed of 68kmph.
I have order the cruise control module lets see how much time it takes to reach me and how the installation goes through after I am back in Nagpur after 2 weeks.

-Pramod
Old 18th July 2011, 16:22   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Pramod,
Great to hear about the customizations that you have done to your Yeti..! Even I have a Black Skoda Yeti and am based in Gurgaon. I have been following your posts for quite a long time, but got the privilege of joining the forum just recently.
I got my Yeti in Dec-2010 and have driven around 8700 kms in it. So far the drive has been quite exciting and efficient and I am still in love with the car as much as I was on the first day!
So far very few additions to my car:
1) Addition of a silver line to the boot to make the boot look less simple!
2) Car mats (customized, stitched) for the Yeti, as the standard black mats were impossible to keep clean

Next customization I am looking at is getting good 215/60 R 16 AT tyres for my Yeti.. so far I have been unable to get AT tyres in this size anywhere! I can get 215/65 R 16, but I am sure that will cause warranty issues, even if they fit!

Looking forward to your experiences !
Old 18th July 2011, 20:50   #98
BHPian

Great to hear that you are enjoying the Yeti, stock mats are really pain to maintain and too in this rains, I am searching for plastic/rubber mat for yeti.

Have order the cruise control and yet to receive that, will update after the fitment and activation.

-Pramod
Old 19th July 2011, 23:11   #99
VBN
BHPian

Autobahn Mumbai provided really good mats for the yeti.
Old 27th July 2011, 09:56   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Pramod,

Need some help from you..! In my Yeti, I am feeling that the idle speed is a little low and this causes the AC compressor to trip when I am going in slow traffic / over speed breakers in 2nd gear. The RPM at which the engine idles at is 775 rpm (even with AC on, when engine is warm). I got my car checked with the Skoda dealer in Gurgaon, and they confirmed that everything is fine. In normal speeds and smooth traffic, there is never a problem but in bumper to bumper traffic, this happeds frequently. I just wanted your experience on this and the Idling RPM that you have in your Yeti. I had also read on Briskoda that they updated the ECU firmware for the Yeti in Jan 2011. Seems that both our Yetis will need this ECU firmware update (as we had got them in Dec 2010).
If there is any info on the ECU firmware update process / idling speed adjustment in the Skoda workshop manuals, can you please share the relevant info / pages with me (you can PM me ..).

Thanks a ton!
Old 27th July 2011, 10:20   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
After a long time got opportunity of 500km drive one way from Nagpur to Hyderabad, the drive overall as good, the road condition is not that good, it's a mix of some bad and some really good roads, the good road toll are as high as Rs90 and the lowest at Rs5. Overall vehicle performed really well and got fuel average of 16kmpl with some spirited drive of 180kmph and mostly sedate drive in range of 90-110 kmph, average speed of 68kmph.
I have order the cruise control module lets see how much time it takes to reach me and how the installation goes through after I am back in Nagpur after 2 weeks.

-Pramod
Hi Pramod,
Came to your thread after quite some time.

Great to catch up on your progress with the Yeti and note that you are enjoying yourself immensely. Especially with the gadgetry !

Just a Q out of curiosity - the FE figures that you have mentioned appear to be a shade less than what is being claimed by the newspaper ads of Skoda - around 17.XX KMPL and what the salesguy mentioned to me during my TD - of 21KMPL on the highway - touted perhaps.
Am I missing something here or is the driving style/traffic conditions ?
Old 27th July 2011, 15:03   #102
BHPian

It more of driving style and traffic condition, Yeti gives best mileage when driven sedate in range of 80-90 kmph, I generally drive around 120+ on highways. The original setting for Yeti consumption is 10% better than original, I have corrected this figure via VCDS and now it show actual consumption!
-Pramod
Old 27th July 2011, 15:04   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Guderian,

Your Fortuner thread is also amazing and I must compliment your writing skills. You are a master story writer of the leagues of Tom Clancy!

Anyway, coming back to the topic, I also have a Yeti and am based in Gurgaon. The FE that I get is 16.6 kmpl with a mix of city and higway (50:50). The Yeti rewards light footed driving with very good mileage (I get as high as 21kmpl if I drive very lightly), but with so much power on tap and a light vehicle, the power is too tempting, and we end up sacrificing a little on the economy to feel the rush! I have also done a few 0-100 runs on the Yeti and I was able to get a best time of 10.2 secs, which is a little slower than the companies claim of 9.9 sec.

Pramods: Apologies for barging into your thread..!
Old 27th July 2011, 15:26   #104
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

pramod.
just a query.
I m a standard M&M Bolero, Scorpio kind of person.
Bought these vehicles on account of their toughness, diesel power, torquey engines, overall reliability and space. Plus being Indian vehicles they arent very expensive to run and maintain.
We are two (wife and me) plus our luggage which includes golf bags etc. Hence the space in the Scorp has proven very nice indeed. But I hate its lack of safety kit, the ride, handling and overall body roll and other discomfort.

Now I am keenly seeking a mid-compact SUV, with high ground clearance, comfortable, reasonably spacious, safe, 4WD capable with much better handling, fit, finish and ergonomics. Somehow I ve always liked the Yeti but I am afraid it feels a bit too small overall. I know deep down that I can adjust to the smaller capacity though because it is really a very clever little beast, the Yeti.

My usage is typically mostly in the city commute but with frequent forays to the hilly regions of south India atleast once every 2-3 months. Plus some other bits and pieces of long distance around South India - plains roads.
Do share some thoughts on whether Im thinking right or not!
Old 27th July 2011, 17:07   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

Now I am keenly seeking a mid-compact SUV, with high ground clearance, comfortable, reasonably spacious, safe, 4WD capable with much better handling, fit, finish and ergonomics. Somehow I ve always liked the Yeti but I am afraid it feels a bit too small overall. I know deep down that I can adjust to the smaller capacity though because it is really a very clever little beast, the Yeti.
I know Pramod with answer this, but let me add my perspective as a prospective like you.

I share most characteristics you have laid out: the 2 adults, a furry friend or two, long drives (just back from a 1400 round trip to Goa), the need for kit and the inclination towards the Yeti.

I have test driven this Yeti in Bangalore and in Goa; you really begin to appreciate the power and tractability in a place like Goa (or Kerala, the Nilgiris and other vertically challenging locations), with its winding roads and lack of a flat topography. In Bangalore, the diminutive size makes you appreciate its "hatchback" nature in terms of point and squirt, even though 4x4 is a rarely used waste of money!

I also spent time looking at the rear seats from a flexibility perspective, and the boot with a critical eye.

If I am to transport my large German breed, he will take up the entire seat. Flipping or folding will not free up space, and if you go that route, that leaves the seats unusable unless you remove them. Which leads to a different sort of problem: what do you do at your destination when you have left your seats behind!?

If you are only 2 + a golf club set, you can flip one seat forward and place the clubs along the axis. If you need to transport a dog, your clubs and your missus, things get tight aft of the for'ard cabin.

And if you have a baby on the way, with the need for a child seat, then you have a quandary. Which is where I am at with respect to committing to this particular Skoda!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks