Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2017, 17:25   #826
BHPian

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
....Now I just replace the sensor whenever the issue crops up. I just did last week. Just like filters, oil and brake pads, I've started to consider the ABS sensor as a consumable item. .....
I checked with the service guys, sensor are not in available, an order has been placed and it would take min one week and max 15 days

Is there a place to order Skoda spares online in India?

-Pramod
Old 14th November 2017, 17:38   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
I checked with the service guys, sensor are not in available, an order has been placed and it would take min one week and max 15 days

Is there a place to order Skoda spares online in India?

-Pramod
I'm not sure about online sales in India. I usually get it either from ECS tuning or Aliexpress. Usually a full set. My rear sensors are not available in India as it's the advanced one for auto parking compatibility with 4x4. Since then, I've been sourcing full set from either of the above. It's available on eBay too.

These are the part numbers I use:
Front Right:WHT 003 856
Front Left:WHT 003 857
Rear Right:WHT 003 856 A
Rear Left:WHT 003 857 A

Yours should be the same without "A" suffix. That's for PLA module compatibility. Also, make sure you look for the 4x4 version. The same part number is available in 4x2 version IIRC and the length is higher for the 4x2 version. 4x4 sensors are shorter.

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 14th November 2017 at 18:06. Reason: Added info.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 18:19   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
I'm not sure about online sales in India. I usually get it either from ECS tuning or Aliexpress. Usually a full set. My rear sensors are not available in India as it's the advanced one for auto parking compatibility with 4x4. Since then, I've been sourcing full set from either of the above. It's available on eBay too.
You can try sparehub. Better call them up and share your vin. They will provide you the right parts. I had ordered few suspension parts and they were of good quality from febi etc

Last edited by ampere : 17th December 2017 at 21:13.
abbey4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 14:21   #829
BHPian

rear right wheel bearing and sensor need to be replaced, both are currently not available and are on back order! Minimum 15 days is what it would take, worst they updated the engine to complete the VW emission program(its not asked for, they just do it).

-Pramod
Old 4th December 2017, 11:26   #830
BHPian

How is Kodiaq ( functionally) ? do we know when Skoda is bringing Koraq? Would like to understand if it would make sense to replace Yeti with any of these 2(first is available while Karoq is still not in the market).

Kodaiq looks more in the Q3 and X1 territory mostly with the lower version of Q3 & X1.
Comment and suggestions are welcomed.

-Pramod
Old 4th December 2017, 15:09   #831
Distinguished - BHPian

Last week, I was being driven around in a Tiguan, the cousin of the Koraq on the VW side here in Mexico. The Koraq and Tiguan will share the same mechanicals, engine and gearbox so test driving a Tiguan will give you a good feel fo what the Koraq will be like.

I found the car hits a really good sweet spot in terms of size, fun-to-drive factor, interior space and road presence. The Koraq will be priced below the Tiguan, but how far below is what will determine its success. The Tiguan is overpriced, if Skoda can get the Koraq onto India for around 5 Lacs less than the Tiguan (around 25 Lacs ex-showroom) it should be really worth looking at seriously.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 09:25   #832
BHPian

Quote:
rear right wheel bearing and sensor need to be replaced, both are currently not available and are on back order! Minimum 15 days is what it would take, worst they updated the engine to complete the VW emission program(its not asked for, they just do it).

-Pramod

Hi Pramod, reg the emissions update, how do you feel the car is performing now? I need to get my 2011 Yeti serviced and am avoiding the A.S.S. because of the update. But havent been able to find a reliable and technically sound FNG for the Yeti in Hyderabad. I need to get the Haldex fluid changed and no one in Hyderabad wants to "experiment" with such complex and crucial components. Thanks, Hruday
Old 5th December 2017, 10:21   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhruday View Post
Hi Pramod, reg the emissions update, how do you feel the car is performing now? I need to get my 2011 Yeti serviced and am avoiding the A.S.S. because of the update. But havent been able to find a reliable and technically sound FNG for the Yeti in Hyderabad. I need to get the Haldex fluid changed and no one in Hyderabad wants to "experiment" with such complex and crucial components. Thanks, Hruday
Have not take it out on highway(waiting for the bearing and sensor) but in city driving have not been able to notice any change, may be its not that bad after all.
-Pramod
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 13:01   #834
BANNED

Quote:
How is Kodiaq ( functionally)?
Functionally the Kodiaq is a clear step above the Yeti and is a very smart vehicle, its price notwithstanding.

I have driven it pretty extensively and found it supremely comfortable, sure footed and it cures the biggest grouse the Yeti had, interior space for more than 4 people. The last row isn't as spacious as, say the Innova but that isn't what it is meant for, full time, anyway.

Let me know if you need any specific inputs on its parameters.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 13:57   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Functionally the Kodiaq is a clear step above the Yeti and is a very smart vehicle, its price notwithstanding....
Hi Dev,
Would like to understand more about the maneuverability of Kodiaq in city and tight space, how about the ride compared to Yeti (Kodiaq driver seat seems to be quite high even in the lowest position). Please share any other details significant that comes to your mind in comparison to Yeti would help.

-Pramod
PS: Skoda is not responsive, I inquired and have been trying to follow up on Kodiaq with very little enthusiasm from Skoda/dealer side!
Old 5th December 2017, 15:10   #836
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Dev,
Would like to understand more about the maneuverability of Kodiaq in city and tight space, how about the ride compared to Yeti (Kodiaq driver seat seems to be quite high even in the lowest position).
I found it very pilotable in Bangalore's gallis and conservative U turns. Yes, the driver's seat is definitely higher than the Yeti since the vehicle too is higher but I, at 5'11", didn't find the visibility an issue anywhere.
Old 17th December 2017, 17:57   #837
BHPian

Finally after 7 years, 8080 has gone to other bhpian. It has been a very good experience all along expect few hiccups here and there.
I hope 8080 show the same reliability and trustworthiness for years to come!

-Pramod
Old 17th December 2017, 19:38   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Finally after 7 years, 8080 has gone to other bhpian. It has been a very good experience all along expect few hiccups here and there.
And it all happened so soon!

Time for some Kodiaq moments next?

Last edited by ampere : 17th December 2017 at 21:13.
Old 17th December 2017, 19:43   #839
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
I hope 8080 show the same reliability and trustworthiness for years to come!

-Pramod
Great to know that your Yeti will also be going to another BHPian. Hope you got a decent price.
What are you looking at next to replace the Yeti -the Kodiaq or moving to the Germans?
Old 17th December 2017, 20:06   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhruday View Post
And it all happened so soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The Kodiaq or moving to the Germans?
Going to stay with Skoda, they are offering a 4 year maintenance package on Kodiaq. Hoping the Kodiaq is going to be as reliable as the Yeti was.
Skoda seems very lethargic and least interested in selling more cars.

Last edited by ampere : 17th December 2017 at 21:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks