Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2010, 15:19   #16
BHPian

Re: Be serious, follow your heart - Jazz

congrats lazy,
welcome to the jazzed up club, wish you loads of happy miles with the jazz.
jazz may not be selling well overall but it is surely selling pretty well on this forum.
have seen 3 or 4 new jazz owners in a short period of time.
Old 18th December 2010, 17:38   #17
BHPian

Everybody, thanks a lot for your wishes.

OTR is 8; approx 80K off the list price.
Plus the freebies.

Pics are coming up....rightaway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
Also what is the difference between the Jazz X and the Active kit that you have put on as in terms of features?
Jazz X gets - USB, seat height adjust, blue-black interiors, different front grill, spoiler, gunmetal alloys & foglamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iridium View Post

I've done close to 7K kms. Mileage varies between 11 - 13.5 kmpl in city.
Ravi, are these numbers off the built-in consumption calculator?
I heard City gives such mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Sunfilms - you can go for 3M CS series for sides and back, and 3M CR70 for the front. Cost will be around 9K I guess.
adimicra, your thread has been very very helpful.
Thanks for this tip.
Think I am going to film the sides & back first, will think about the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post

3M would be right choice, you can probably visit (if not too far)
Me lives in Brookefields, HSR isn't far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Its a shoot-out between i20 diesel Asta Vs Jazz for me. But slightly inclined towards Jazz!
i20 CRDI is such a rocket. But Jazz is butter smooth. Let your yearly usage decide.
Or sit in the car & drive around. Buy whatever makes you happier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Excellent reasoning in the elimination process. Loved it!
Thanks; its been quite a journey. Safari to Jazz.
But I am happy now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Think of upgrading to better tyres in the future. Will be a wise decision.

With regards to the GP MJD e+ who says its cheap? Almost 8 in Mumbai selling almost as the Jazz.
coolmel, honda warranty !!
MJD E+, after discounts the MJD is 7.4 here in Blore. Plus it gives 18 kmpl on diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Consider yourself lucky, you've chosen one amongst the best small cars available that money can buy!
hehe, truth be told, the Honda should consider itself lucky that this car still finds 250 buyers every month. This car is excellent.
But its value proposition isn't straight forward, but that too points to ineffective communication by Honda, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
Not sure about the price in Mumbai, (8L is kinda big money) - however, its called cheap coz of the features it offers at that price. Nothing else.
Vibhanshu, punto drives like a dream. its soo smooth and heavy. after discounts the MJD is 7.4 here in Blore. Big savings over Jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I agree with the cocky dealer part about VW.
Plant capacities booked for next 4 months. Not too many months ago, Honda dealers were cocky too.
Now they bring TD cars 3 times from 20 km away, again come to collect booking cheques, & give receipts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
jazz may not be selling well overall but it is surely selling pretty well on this forum.
Like I said, Jazz value prop isn't very obvious. This car can hold-off the need of a sedan for much longer than any other large hatch can. The ride is the best.
Probably better advertising & regular discounts should see this sell better.
Old 18th December 2010, 18:24   #18
BHPian

As promised.

It was a bright sunny day today, good time.
The illuminated scuff plates (paid extra at cost) don't show as well as they look.
Attached Thumbnails
Be serious, follow your heart - Honda Jazz-dsc_0138-mod.jpg  

Be serious, follow your heart - Honda Jazz-dsc_0139-mod.jpg  

Be serious, follow your heart - Honda Jazz-dsc_0143-mod.jpg  

Be serious, follow your heart - Honda Jazz-dsc_0148-mod.jpg  

Be serious, follow your heart - Honda Jazz-dsc_0141-mod.jpg  

Old 18th December 2010, 21:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post

Like I said, Jazz value prop isn't very obvious. This car can hold-off the need of a sedan for much longer than any other large hatch can. The ride is the best.
Probably better advertising & regular discounts should see this sell better.
Exactly my thoughts buddy and this was one of the main reasons for me buying Jazz though I needed to stretch my budget for a lakh or so.

Jazz eliminates the need to go for a C-segment sedan IMO. Jazz buyers most probably will upgade to a proper D-segment sedan like civic/Laura/Cruze and not to something like ANHC/Vento.

Nice pics..any plans for fogs and spoiler? What freebies you got in the deal?
Old 18th December 2010, 22:51   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations!! Nice car and cool pics. You got a VIP number there .
For sunfilms, since you aren't much of a "Brand first" guy (I assume that from your post. Sorry if not so ) I'd recommend Garware Sun Control - Natura Ash colour. It looks excellent on my friend's white Swift & sun-control is top notch (my own experience on my car.) The others are unnecessarily costlier IMO. Anyway most other vendors don't make their own films, and simply brand Garware's with license. 3M is good if you don't want Garware... (Sorry if you have already done it and I've missed that post.)

Wishing you unlimitted happy and safe miles! Jazzzzzzz away!

Cheers.
Old 19th December 2010, 00:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
The others are unnecessarily costlier IMO. Anyway most other vendors don't make their own films, and simply brand Garware's with license. 3M is good if you don't want Garware... (Sorry if you have already done it and I've missed that post.)

Serious objection to the above point.
While looking for a front windscreen sun film for my Jazz, I was looking at Garware Icecool and 3M CR 70 series. There is a huge difference in the quality of the wo though the price difference is also pretty huge.
Later, things were simplified because garware didn't have a sunfilm of the required size ( Jazz has one of the biggest windscreens, even bigger than the Civic). So, my choice was simple!
Garware might be good for the price but does not match the quality of 3M or Vkool (which is even more costlier).
And to say, these companies just rebrand the same products made by Garware sounds pretty silly unless you have solid proof.
Old 1st January 2011, 21:01   #22
BHPian

Some updates:

Got my first speeding ticket on the new airport road. How can anyone do 80 kmph on that road. They caught me at 89.
Damages - 300/-
(ps: they catch only private cars, no meru/easy cabs, no volvos etc, all these are almost never <80)

First long drive - to Somnathpur & Shivanasamudram.
About 300 km. Mileage - 16.8 kmpl.
Observations:
- takes too long to reach 100; hopefully will improve as engine opens up.
- very good suspension. About 80 km was rural roads, not smooth at all. Rigid suspension helps, one can easily stay at 50-60 kmph.
- this car needs sun films desperately.

Completed first free service on 31-Dec.
Did not have much to report for the service. Took about 4 hours.
Went to a different dealer workshop from the one where I purchased it. No drama.

I am really missing:
- Boot lamp
- Auto door locks (when car starts moving)
Old 1st January 2011, 22:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First long drive - to Somnathpur & Shivanasamudram.
About 300 km. Mileage - 16.8 kmpl.
Observations:
- takes too long to reach 100; hopefully will improve as engine opens up.
- very good suspension. About 80 km was rural roads, not smooth at all. Rigid suspension helps, one can easily stay at 50-60 kmph.
- this car needs sun films desperately.

I am really missing:
- Boot lamp
- Auto door locks (when car starts moving)
When are you changing the gears? Jazz develops more power at higher rpms , so if u want brisk acceleration press the throttle hard and shift later (say at 5000 rpm or more). It takes 13 secs for 0-100 which is best-in-class.

I think the suspension could have been better though it is better at higher speeds but not the most comfortable ones.

Sunfilms is the most important accessory for Jazz, as I have already said, Get them quickly - can go for 3m CS series for the sides/rear and 3M CR 70 for the front.

I too miss the boot lamp and auto door locks. Also, I miss many things like the USB port, bluetooth, auto climate control and electrically folding OVRMs.
If only Honda would have provided the above features, it would have been a true super hatch.

Cheers and drive safe!
Old 1st January 2011, 22:53   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
When are you changing the gears? Jazz develops more power at higher rpms , so if u want brisk acceleration press the throttle hard and shift later (say at 5000 rpm or more). It takes 13 secs for 0-100 which is best-in-class.

Sunfilms is the most important accessory for Jazz, as I have already said, Get them quickly - can go for 3m CS series for the sides/rear and 3M CR 70 for the front.
I dont think he needs to shift at 5000rpm or anything with normal driving. Just probably stay in 4th gear, or even 3rd if 4th is too slow till 100kmph.

As for sunfilms. Check out the RE series for the side, it has the best heat rejection. And that should be your top priority in the Jazz which has a huge glass area.
Old 6th January 2011, 21:34   #25
BHPian

The mileage quoted by me is the one I've read off the in-built consumption calculator.

The K&N filter does make a noticeable difference to the initial acceleration. The sound also goes up by a few notches (growling). I like the sound now.
It hasn't brought down the fuel efficiency at all. Its the same as earlier.

Car has done approx. 7250kms. Two free services done. In the second free service, insisted on the oil I had brought along with me to be used (Castrol Magnatec 10W 40) and had this used. Also had the oil filter replaced. Oil filter cost Rs. 175.

On the highways, acceleration is a big disappointment. You need to whip the engine downshift and overtake.

In the city, its so silent, if you don't honk, you sneak up behind people on the road and startle them.

Regards
Ravi.
Old 6th January 2011, 22:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I dont think he needs to shift at 5000rpm or anything with normal driving. Just probably stay in 4th gear, or even 3rd if 4th is too slow till 100kmph.

As for sunfilms. Check out the RE series for the side, it has the best heat rejection. And that should be your top priority in the Jazz which has a huge glass area.

Of course, he need not shift at 5000+ rpm. If anybody is keen to accelerate hard in Jazz, he needs to rev hard. The car zooms after 3000 rpm. One can upshift based on how fast one wants to go

RE series has the best heat rejection no doubt but I doubt whether it will look good in a white car. Anyway, one can see the film and decide. CS series will look very good in a white car but offer less heat rejection
Old 11th February 2011, 09:47   #27
BHPian

Last saturday, received a table clock from Honda.

Sender address is Honda's Noida office, so its not the local dealer sending goodies.

It came sans the battery,
& it needs of of those not everywhere available button cells,
& since i am what i am (my handle),
looks like its going to lie unused a long time.

cheers
Old 11th March 2011, 14:28   #28
BHPian

Re: Be serious, follow your heart - Honda Jazz

A quick update from my end.

Have covered covered about 3900 km, in 3 months.

2nd service done yesterday at Whitefield Honda.
Total cost was INR 970/-
Oil change - chose mineral oil.
Some sort of clip broke somewhere underneath, that was 70/-

My to-do list is still to-do
- sunfilms
- floor mats
- aux lamps. (fog lamps wont do, they are just too small & light up only the near zone). Wondering if its possible to fit aux lamps on the jazz.

regards
lazy
Old 17th November 2011, 19:21   #29
BHPian

Guys

Need help !!

Today morning while on way to work, the low fuel light came on with DTE = 40 or so.

In the evening, fueled up for 500/- (since it wasn't my regular fuel station). Then the DTE = 8.
As usual, got out of the car, saw the zero and stood there until the pump showed 500/- filled in.

Was in a hurry, so quickly drove away. After about 8 km, saw the console, and what do I see ??
DTE = 5 km.

Thought, darn, got fooled !!! But how ? Well, ok, here I am on ORR near Intel, let me get myself to Marathahalli Brand Factory, with a HP bunk next door.
Filled 300/- petrol there. Again the usual precautions, even held the pipe and felt the petrol flowing in

But, the DTE did not change, and neither did the gauge.
Whew, not fooled at the first place.
But worse, the fuel gauge's gone.

Now at home, have driven over 8 km since DTE=5km on ORR. Now its showing 1 km.

Is the gauge gone ??
Attached Thumbnails
Be serious, follow your heart - Honda Jazz-17112011056.jpg  

Old 17th November 2011, 20:11   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Guys

Need help !!

Today morning while on way to work, the low fuel light came on with DTE = 40 or so.

In the evening, fueled up for 500/- (since it wasn't my regular fuel station). Then the DTE = 8.
As usual, got out of the car, saw the zero and stood there until the pump showed 500/- filled in.

Was in a hurry, so quickly drove away. After about 8 km, saw the console, and what do I see ??
DTE = 5 km.

Thought, darn, got fooled !!! But how ? Well, ok, here I am on ORR near Intel, let me get myself to Marathahalli Brand Factory, with a HP bunk next door.
Filled 300/- petrol there. Again the usual precautions, even held the pipe and felt the petrol flowing in

But, the DTE did not change, and neither did the gauge.
Whew, not fooled at the first place.
But worse, the fuel gauge's gone.

Now at home, have driven over 8 km since DTE=5km on ORR. Now its showing 1 km.

Is the gauge gone ??
Looks like some defect in the fuel gauge and the associated electronics.
Would advise you to take the car to the dealer with the warranty booklet and get it repaired at the earliest.

HC

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks