Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2010, 16:42   #46
BHPian

Re: TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!

Hey Karthik,
Remember me ?
Congrats dude on your new FIAT Palio Stile and for your fiat1100club. Just went through your explanation and desire for FIAT too good buddy. Palio Stile has got lot muscle on it.

On the Alloy I would say no 5.
Old 21st December 2010, 17:45   #47
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Wow! This sounds very tempting. These are the original Fiat alloys, correct?
ya, even i didn't get this thought, and had no clue about the pricing of Grande Punto/punto sports alloy wheels. makam, checkout in Reliance Autozone near southend, they have some beautiful designs at very good price.

what green is this? i have not seen this color on road.
Attached Thumbnails
TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-advert.jpg  

TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-palio_stile_back.jpg  

Last edited by Karthik1100 : 21st December 2010 at 17:49.
Karthik1100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2010, 18:48   #48
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone for voting on the best suitable alloy. I hope I will be able to make a decision and get the alloy soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
I would recommend the Palio sports alloys rather than any other alloys, or if u are able to get it then the Punto ones.
KHT retails the Palio sport alloys for 5 grands each.
I dont think so. When I called they said 10k for 1 piece. Same with other TATA dealerships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram View Post
Hey Karthik,
Remember me ?
Congrats dude on your new FIAT Palio Stile and for your fiat1100club. Just went through your explanation and desire for FIAT too good buddy. Palio Stile has got lot muscle on it.

On the Alloy I would say no 5.
Hey buddy! Did not expect to find you here after almost 5-6years. PM me your number. I shall stay in touch with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
ya, even i didn't get this thought, and had no clue about the pricing of Grande Punto/punto sports alloy wheels. makam, checkout in Reliance Autozone near southend, they have some beautiful designs at very good price.
Do Relaiance Autozone have 98 PCD 14 inch alloys would be the question. I will call and check on it.

Coming up next:
1) Details and review of ICE and other accessories installed [in a day or 2]
2) Detailed driving report [in 10 days after the first service]

This Palio!!! People, believe it or not, its a neighbor's envy owners pride. Every single soul who have seen it for real speaks loads about how good it appears in its color and then actually check out the car and talk about the Palio and Fiat later.
funkykar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2010, 19:44   #49
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I need some information on the brightness of headlamps. I want some cost effective means and am not looking for that HID type expensive stuff.

1) I feel the high beam is not projecting far enough. I feel it should be atleast 15-20 feet farther. Leveller is set at 0. Changing it getting it nearer. Can this be adjusted? I dont know if the present setting is correct or not as I dont remember how it was on my older SDX I owned for a month.
2) Can the bulbs be changed from stock to more powerful ones? Satya at Evo's told, we need to put ceramic holders if not it will fry the existing holder. If we can put brighter one's, up to what wattage is safe? Do we need to install a cut outer, like I have done on my other older cars like Fiat 1100, 118 NE and Maruti 800?
3) What are these ceramic holder by the way? Do we get it for the Stile?
Old 21st December 2010, 20:18   #50
BHPian

Go for H031 or H325.325 looks great actually on a red that too Exotica Red.
Old 21st December 2010, 20:33   #51
Senior - BHPian

The bottle green shade was launched in stile in 2007 only in petrol in some cars. It was a wee bit darker than the erstwhile forest green shade which came in 2001-2002 palios. That shade is a very rare sight.
Old 21st December 2010, 22:39   #52
Senior - BHPian

I did not know there was a bottle green colour Stile. I thought my purple NV is rare enough, but this one seems rarer.
Old 22nd December 2010, 10:26   #53
BHPian

Congrats Karthik on new Palio MJD SDX.

Here's wish you miles of safe driving.

Car sure looks great in the Exotica Red !! And the alloys make it sweet

Glad to see that it has worked out for you well
Old 22nd December 2010, 11:42   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Probably the low beam and the high beams come with H7 type bulbs. You can go in for an upgrade of 80W Philips H7 bulbs with a separate relay and wiring for both high beam and low beam.

That should be bright enough (80*4 = 320W) headlights should be good enough to scare a few truckers.
Old 22nd December 2010, 11:44   #55
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone for all the wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Probably the low beam and the high beams come with H7 type bulbs. You can go in for an upgrade of 80W Philips H7 bulbs with a separate relay and wiring for both high beam and low beam.

That should be bright enough (80*4 = 320W) headlights should be good enough to scare a few truckers.
Is there a place that I can get this done. What would be the approximate cost for the same? Any negatives that the head lamps may undergo due to this upgrade?

Last edited by funkykar : 22nd December 2010 at 11:59.
Old 22nd December 2010, 12:12   #56
BHPian

I feel the Palio Stile's headlamps are already powerful enough, even in stock condition. I realised it recently when I had another Stile tailgating me. I stopped him later and asked whether they're stock or upgraded. He said 'stock'. You really realise the power when you see the car from outside, better than from the driver's seat.
If you still wanna upgrade, go for better bulbs (ExtremePower / Nightbreaker) with the same rating - 55/60, so that you don't have the hassles of relay, wiring, etc.
And change only the High Beam bulbs. Otherwise you will be in for a lot of angry stares from oncoming vehicles while driving in City with low beam.
My 2 cents.

Last edited by ch.nathan : 22nd December 2010 at 12:24.
Old 22nd December 2010, 12:23   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post

what green is this? i have not seen this color on road.
rightly pointed Kartik, my bad. This green color was in the initial launch! But never seen them on road.
Old 22nd December 2010, 12:31   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
I feel the Palio Stile's headlamps are already powerful enough, even in stock condition. I realised it recently when I had another Stile tailgating me. I stopped him later and asked whether they're stock or upgraded. He said 'stock'. You really realise the power when you see the car from outside, better than from the driver's seat.
If you still wanna upgrade, go for better bulbs (ExtremePower / Nightbreaker) with the same rating - 55/60, so that you don't have the hassles of relay, wiring, etc.
And change only the High Beam bulbs. Otherwise you will be in for a lot of angry stares from oncoming vehicles while driving in City with low beam.
My 2 cents.
Thanks, I agree with that. I did not feel it bright enough in the 2-3 short highway drives I did. If I felt this during run-in, I am sure, it would be much more difficult after the run-in gets over as I generally prefer driving pretty quick. The extra bright/powerful bulbs will be responsibly used by me just like I am doing with my other cars. I always have the habit of putting on high beam only when there is no on-coming traffic and also ensure to switch to low beam at the required point to not cause any glaring to on coming traffic.

Please let me know where I could get these work done and approximate cost for both the setup's discussed.
1) better bulbs (ExtremePower / Nightbreaker) with the same rating - 55/60
2) You can go in for an upgrade of 80W Philips H7 bulbs with a separate relay and wiring for both high beam and low beam. That should be bright enough (80*4 = 320W) headlights
Old 22nd December 2010, 12:44   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I am in a dilemma for choosing alloys for my Palio. To find 98 PCD alloys in Bangalore is a hell of a task. Its hardly available. My best bet is to source HR alloys from Sai Mag Wheels, Delhi. They have the best variety of alloys in 98 PCD. In fact they have 13 models in 14 inch 98 PCD. I have shortlisted 6 of them. Please let me know which one suits the best for my exotica red Palio. Note, all the alloys in stock are the regular silver finish, and I too am looking for this color.

Graphic courtesy: Karthik1100. He took the pain to do this image. Thanks Karthik!
Is it too late now to give the choices??? I Will go for number 4.

Looks good.

Last edited by download2live : 22nd December 2010 at 12:46.
Old 22nd December 2010, 13:24   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Please let me know where I could get these work done and approximate cost for both the setup's discussed.
1) better bulbs (ExtremePower / Nightbreaker) with the same rating - 55/60
Remember Asdon's thread?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...s-arrived.html

He has got it done for his Punto from KHT motors. I guess it will work for Palio as well.

Most Viewed