Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2010, 11:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
congrats karthick palio looks great in this color

edit : is it a BS3 or BS4 car ? how did you get it registered in bangalore
It is BS3. There are no BS4 variants of the Palio. Dealer took care of the registration part. I am happy to get the car registered at KA-04 and not some outskirts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
PS: Now, I can see a poet in you, just like EARTHed when he got is T-Jet. Good going Karthik.
Definitely, I was greatly inspired by Counsil. Thanks Counsil to get the poet out of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
Karthik makam is lucky, he wanted palio and he got it in dhamaka offer. he told me once, he like cars in black, but i wondered when he told, he booked exotica red palio. i asked him why red? he told me, i m impressed with that color and like red color only in palio. i didn't understand that because i had seen only 2 red colors in palios, Formula Red, Metallic red. i could not imagine how the car would look like in another shade of red. then i came to know exotic red is one of the colors in Punto. in November i found 1.6 stile in exotic red, as i was in traffic, i could not see the car properly. but got the clear picture of how the stile's back part look in exotic red. it was really good and more than what i expected. i was stunned to see the car at the time of delivery. and now i know why he chose the Exotic RED on Palio, even though he loves black cars. Guys, she is damn gorgeous to see in live than photos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
Karthik,

Man, I'm so jealous now seeing your Palio in that stunning Exotica Red, I'm not joking but this comes straight from my heart

This shade of Red suits the Palio better than a Punto! Maybe I should have booked it or may be God had earmarked Minimal Grey for me! All is well and everything happens for the good.
Lloyd and MB, trust me you dont know what dilemma I was in. My mind and heart always agrees on the black for any car or bike. This guy Arun1100 and to an extent my collegue (whose exotica red will be home today) incepted the red in me. I booked for clack, changed to red, then black and finalized on exotica red when I got to know that all the car will be Punto shades. Until the car came home too, I was like should I have booked black? It hovered on my mind several times. Then when I saw exotica red a few weeks ago on a Palio, my doubts were all cleared and excitement set in. I am loving it now!

But take my word guys, I would have taken whatever color Palio Fiat would have given me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
and i am planning to make a photo session for her soon.
I look forward for this photo shoot Karthik MB. My EarthQuake and S1 will also join if time and logistics permit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Yadav View Post
Kartik ,
Remove those ribbons before they leave behind their marks.
The ribbons stayed only on day 1. If you notice the first set of pics or the video, there isnt any ribbon.

Last edited by funkykar : 20th December 2010 at 11:36.
funkykar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2010, 12:12   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Palio. The exotica red looks very good.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the red hot Palio.
Old 20th December 2010, 12:20   #18
BHPian

Congrats funkykar.. finally your wait is over
Hope your marriage with FIAT brand will never end and wishing you many more happy miles.
Old 20th December 2010, 12:46   #19
BHPian

Congratulations Karthik. This is one great thread from a FIAT Fan.

The Palio in this shade looks Fantastic, Beautiful and Gorgeous... OMG, I'm running out of words..

One query:
Did Palio Stile MJDs have this colour choice when launched in 2008? Or is it specially manufactured for the Dhamaka offer?
Bcos when I bought my SDX in 2008, that RED available was different and I didn't like it. Now I'm confused.
Old 20th December 2010, 12:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on the Palio. The exotica red looks very good.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the red hot Palio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkk View Post
Congrats funkykar.. finally your wait is over
Hope your marriage with FIAT brand will never end and wishing you many more happy miles.
Thanks a lot everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
One query:
Did Palio Stile MJDs have this colour choice when launched in 2008? Or is it specially manufactured for the Dhamaka offer?
Bcos when I bought my SDX in 2008, that RED available was different and I didn't like it. Now I'm confused.
It wasnt available in 2008 for sure. The older red was Furnace red IIRC. This color was adapted only recently. I dont know of the last few Palios if they came on this color just before Dhamaka offer. I have hardly seen any Palios of this color on the streets till now. It feels good to own the last of the few Palios and also to know that its kind of a rarity in terms of color.
Old 20th December 2010, 14:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

Excellent Review. I really envy your love for FIAT. Seriously i would not have taken such a decision after buying one of the last pieces of the Adventure.

Wish you a happy ownership. ENJAY! :
Old 20th December 2010, 14:48   #22
BHPian

Congrats Kartik,

The color is the same as the Formula Red of Stile 1.6 Sports and it looks awesome on the Palio.

I think the B.N. White also looks gr8 on it. I wish this color was present from the start.

Since the launch of Palio Stile, there were 5 colors on Stile 1.1:
  • Ozone blue
  • Furnace Red
  • Magnesium Grey
  • Mint White
  • Black
5 colors on Stile 1.3 MJD:
  • Ozone blue
  • Furnace Red
  • Magnesium Grey
  • Mint White
  • Black
3 Colors of Stile 1.6 Sports:
  • Magnesium Grey
  • Black
  • Formula Red
BTW a PUG member from Delhi is selling his Petes box. You may try checking with him.
But i guess you should still wait and enjoy the stock power before you upgrade.

Tyre upgrade is a must as the GPS 2 lacks road grip and NVH levels are also high.

Cheers~
Old 20th December 2010, 16:10   #23
BANNED

Congrats Karthik. These days all Fiat owners are reciting poems! There is something really special about FIAT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Seriously i would not have taken such a decision after buying one of the last pieces of the Adventure.
I have seen your Adventure thread and boy, you enjoyed a lot with it and no other car can match it's drive-ability.

I remember you saying in some thread that "Fiat could have been a little better". May be you wanted to buy the Punto and instead bought the Figo.
Frankly, there is no limit for FIAT to get better in India. Our expectations will never end.

Your post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1944329 is very very touching. Hope your Adv is safe somewhere!
Old 20th December 2010, 16:23   #24
BHPian

Congrats Karthik, the car looks smashing in the Exotica Red..!! Man you have an exclusive machine with you now, Enjoy.

How much did it cost you ?
Old 20th December 2010, 17:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Karthik. hearty Congrats for the longed priced possession after a long wait.
Recently from your post signature the wait was removed which prompted me that this thread was soon to be seen.
Old 20th December 2010, 19:22   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Congrats Kartik,

The color is the same as the Formula Red of Stile 1.6 Sports and it looks awesome on the Palio.

I think the B.N. White also looks gr8 on it. I wish this color was present from the start.

Since the launch of Palio Stile, there were 5 colors on Stile 1.1:
  • Ozone blue
  • Furnace Red
  • Magnesium Grey
  • Mint White
  • Black

Cheers~
I think there was a Alpine Green also when the petrol came in,then it was discontinued.The cars in the dhamaka offer will have all Punto colours.I know a friend who has got a Minimal Grey(Silver) and also a Medium Grey.Both from the Punto.
Old 20th December 2010, 19:22   #27
Senior - BHPian

Ahaa so finally the loong wait is over. Congrats on the new acquisition Karthik bhai. Hope you enjoy driving the tank.
Old 20th December 2010, 20:07   #28
MCR
BHPian

Congrats funkycar on the purchase. The car looks very good in red. How do you rate the build quality? How is the noise levels inside the car? Is it similar to Punto MJD?
Old 20th December 2010, 22:08   #29
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Enjoy few more pics!
Attached Thumbnails
TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-1.jpg  

TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-2.jpg  

TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-3.jpg  

TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-4.jpg  

TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-5.jpg  

Karthik1100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2010, 11:07   #30
Senior - BHPian

@Rudrah: Your Palio is a stunner. Have a great time with those 100 horses. And, thanks for sharing the information about the colors. I may not opt for K&N/Pete's atleast until my Palio clocks 25k kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Excellent Review. I really envy your love for FIAT. Seriously i would not have taken such a decision after buying one of the last pieces of the Adventure.
I did not have even a second thought for the Palio. I am very well worsed with old/discontinued/classic cars. My Fiat 1100's and 118NE's are the testimony. I will manage my cars anyways. In future, the parts could be difficult, I am ready for the challenge. If I could do long drives (1000+kms) on my 20-40 year old classics, Palio would be a breeze even after a decade. Its a robust build, rightly called the tank by many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
How much did it cost you ?
4.63 on road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Recently from your post signature the wait was removed which prompted me that this thread was soon to be seen.
Yes, yes, very much. Just took some time to do this write up. I was very emotional, so wanted to get my content of thread right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
I think there was a Alpine Green also when the petrol came in,then it was discontinued.
Wow! This is something I have never seen. Any pics of these cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Ahaa so finally the loong wait is over. Congrats on the new acquisition Karthik bhai. Hope you enjoy driving the tank.
Thanks Sagar. I am already loving it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Congrats funkycar on the purchase. The car looks very good in red. How do you rate the build quality? How is the noise levels inside the car? Is it similar to Punto MJD?
The build quality is awesome. Noise levels on the Punto are a bit more refined as compared to the Palio. If I just see it comparing with other non Fiat diesel hatch's, the Palio is smooth and silent purely IMO. I like the turbo of Palio better than the Punto. I do not like linear turbo like in recent cars. Its a personal choice anyways. The old turbo like in the Palio, gives a rush of blood after 1800 RPM, which I love it and cant miss it.

Also, IMO the exotica red on Punto is awesome as compared to most of the reds of other manufacturers. Keep the Palio and Punto together in exotica red color's. The Palio outstands! Again, this is in my personal opinion. One of my friends, also the owner of a Palio SDX of Dhamaka offer, rightly nick named our Palio's as Fiat Grande Palio based on the fact that the Punto shades were used in the Dhamaka offer. I too love that name

Last edited by funkykar : 21st December 2010 at 11:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks