Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2010, 21:34   #61
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Guys, I need some information on the brightness of headlamps. I want some cost effective means and am not looking for that HID type expensive stuff.

1) I feel the high beam is not projecting far enough. I feel it should be atleast 15-20 feet farther. Leveller is set at 0. Changing it getting it nearer. Can this be adjusted? I dont know if the present setting is correct or not as I dont remember how it was on my older SDX I owned for a month.
2) Can the bulbs be changed from stock to more powerful ones? Satya at Evo's told, we need to put ceramic holders if not it will fry the existing holder. If we can put brighter one's, up to what wattage is safe? Do we need to install a cut outer, like I have done on my other older cars like Fiat 1100, 118 NE and Maruti 800?
3) What are these ceramic holder by the way? Do we get it for the Stile?
i even inquired to upgrade head light bulb of my palio, many recommended to go for 100/60w bulb than 60/60w stock bulb. but venkatesh from gowri automobile says not to put 100/60w bulb as the headlight cover turns yellow after few years. and its always better to fix additional rally light or fog lamp to it.
Karthik1100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2010, 09:58   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Funky please note the bulb type is H7 which is not dual filament like H4. Hence it comes in 55W configuration.

Go for the H7 night breakers or H7 osram Silver star ( I would prefer silver star over the night breakers as somehow i felt the beam pattern to be better with silver star and also the night breakers beam sometimes gets sort of absorbed with the on coming traffic, but however they are bright and look good for the oncoming traffic)

Get to any of the shops in Lalbagh road or JC road to get the wiring done for the 80W H7 setup. Cost would be in the range of bulbs(80W*4 = 800) and wiring & Installation about (1500).
Old 23rd December 2010, 10:40   #63
Senior - BHPian

^ Thanks for the detailed information. I have a battery mechanic nearby to my home who has been in business since over 30 years. When I gave him the configuration mentioned, he adviced not to go for it since possibilities of bulb holders frying is too high. He said to check if any shops have ceramic holders for the H7. He said one of his Palio Stile customers some time back had said that the Ceramic holder was not yet in market and would come soon.

Now, I am in a dilemma. Do I take the risk of 80W or wait up until the ceramic holders are available. Do any of you guys know about these ceramic holders? Are they available?
funkykar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2010, 11:10   #64
Senior - BHPian

nkrishnap: Are both the high and low beam bulbs of type H7 in the Palio Stile?
Old 23rd December 2010, 12:18   #65
Senior - BHPian

ICE and accessories @ Satya's (EVO)

Here are the details of ICE and accessories installed on my Palio:

Firstly, thanks Satya for your suggestions based on my music needs and for a wonderful job done installing and tuning them. I am loving every moment of my drive. Special thanks to my Brother-In-Law who pitched in some suggestions and also I found that he is a very close friend of Satya. My BIL is a music manic, an auto maniac and car accessories manic. He has one of the best ICE setups on his Zen, and sexy alloys/tires and great accessories on his Civic. Maintains them excellently.

1) Pioneer 5250 (2 pre outs and USB)
2) Front Rockford component speakers ( R1652S 6.5" Component Speakers)
3) Rear Rockford coaxial speakers (R1652C 6.5")
4) 4 channel Kicker Amplifier (Kicker DX2004)
5) Rockford Subwoofer (dont remember the details. It was 12" I think)
6) Reverse sensor (Circuit i CIRS4)
7) 3M sunfilm for sides and rear (RE 70 Sunfilm)
8) Garware front windshield (ICE Cool Shield)
9) Auto window winding (Circuit i Up Modular)
10) IND number plates
11) Skoda type horn (Bosch)
12) Autocop remote locking

The MDF plank and all wiring pertaining to the speakers, music system, central locking, Up Moudular and reverse sensors were very very well done.

Pending tasks as of now:
1) Upgrade the lighting for headlamps (high priority)
2) Seat covers (low priority as of now)
3) 98 PCD 14" Alloys (high priority)
4) 185/XX/R14 tyres (high priority)
5) Minimal team-bhp, TFI and FCB stickering
6) Detailed driving report. (Will write as soon as I finish 1000 kms)

Last edited by funkykar : 23rd December 2010 at 12:24.
Old 23rd December 2010, 12:25   #66
Senior - BHPian

Re: ICE and accessories @ Satya's (EVO)

Quote:
8) Garware front windshield (ICE Cool Shield)
9) Auto window winding (Circuit i Up Modular)
Can you please share the pricing of these two? Even I need them on my Palio.

Quote:
Pending tasks as of now:
1) Upgrade the lighting for headlamps (high priority)
2) Seat covers (low priority as of now)
3) 98 PCD 14" Alloys (high priority)
4) 185/XX/R14 tyres (high priority)
5) Minimal team-bhp, TFI and FCB stickering
6) Detailed driving report. (Will write as soon as I finish 1000 kms)
Lights are easy, tell me what all you need. I've done it for my Palio.

I'd suggest you get the Fiat OEM Alloys, they look the best.
Old 23rd December 2010, 12:29   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post

I will share the pricing by evening. I do not have the bill handy as of now and dont remember clearly the individual component price.

Fiat alloys are DEFINITELY ruled out man. 10k per alloy, even if I had the money, my mind says NO.

Lights, I think all 4 bulbs are H7. If so, I need to ensure I get the ceramic holders first. Once that done, my local battery mechanic would install it. He is trustworthy with workmanship. Do you know of any dealer in JC road or anywhere whom I can check with over the phone?

Last edited by funkykar : 23rd December 2010 at 12:32.
Old 23rd December 2010, 12:36   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will share the pricing by evening. I do not have the bill handy as of now and dont remember clearly the individual component price.

Fiat alloys are DEFINITELY ruled out man. 10k per alloy, even if I had the money, my mind says NO.

Lights, I think all 4 bulbs are H7. If so, I need to ensure I get the ceramic holders first. Once that done, my local battery mechanic would install it. He is trustworthy with workmanship. Do you know of any dealer in JC road or anywhere whom I can check with over the phone?
Did you check the alloys price from Kava Automobiles? Its mentioned on PUG.

Ceramic holders for H7 would be easily available at most bulb shops on JC road. Don't have a phone number as such. If you are going for higher wattage bulbs, ensure you get a relay installed. If you have a good installer, I'm sure he can source the relay for you too. I got my relay+ceramic holders installed at Bosch Car Service, they did a pretty good job!
Old 23rd December 2010, 14:31   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
nkrishnap: Are both the high and low beam bulbs of type H7 in the Palio Stile?
As far as I believe, Yes. However, please do confirm with the manual.

Palio stile has this set up. Older palios came with H7 for low beam and H1 for high beam.
Old 23rd December 2010, 15:22   #70
BHPian

Quote:

@FunkyCar,

Please provide the prices of sunfilm and the windshield. Appreciate contact details with address.

@Praful,
Can you please provide the details of the work done and place in bangalore for the lights? I have read couple of posts by you earlier regarding this topic but have not been able to get the complete setup done.
Old 23rd December 2010, 15:28   #71
Senior - BHPian

I will let you know the prices within a day. I do not have the bill handy now. I will surely publish the prices. The contact details, however are:
EVO
Satya @ 98453 76094
Near to Sai Baba temple, Cambridge Layout

@ Praful: By any chance you have some pictures of the lighting setup? I am sure it would help me and also all other fellow BHPians

EDIT: By the way, everyone, my desperation to get the lights upgraded is merely because I will be doing a lot of highway driving this weekend and also during the New year weekend

Last edited by funkykar : 23rd December 2010 at 15:29.
Old 23rd December 2010, 15:36   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post
@Praful,
Can you please provide the details of the work done and place in bangalore for the lights? I have read couple of posts by you earlier regarding this topic but have not been able to get the complete setup done.
I bought the bulbs myself from JC road. And got the ceramic holders+relay+wiring installation done at Bosch Car Service in Banashankari.

It took me a little time to get the H1 ceramic holders, the installation for that was done at Bosch Car Service in Rajajinagar.

Quote:
@ Praful: By any chance you have some pictures of the lighting setup? I am sure it would help me and also all other fellow BHPians
Sorry, no pictures of the setup as it was difficult to gauge from the pics the difference between stock lights and the upgraded lights. Basically my setup is like this 80W Lo Beam and 100W Hi Beam, both are Narva Bulbs and both Hi & Lo have ceramic holders.

Last edited by praful : 23rd December 2010 at 15:38.
Old 24th December 2010, 18:58   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I bought the bulbs myself from JC road. And got the ceramic holders+relay+wiring installation done at Bosch Car Service in Banashankari.

It took me a little time to get the H1 ceramic holders, the installation for that was done at Bosch Car Service in Rajajinagar.
@Praful and everyone: Thanks for pouring valuable suggestions on lighting.

It took quite some hours to find the H7 ceramic holders. It is not at all easy. Entire Mission road auto shops had no holders. Visited Hot tracks, it was damn expensive there(900 for a pair). Finally hunted several shops at JC Road. One final place (dont remember the shop name), I found it. Its little big shop (double shop), it comes on 3rd cross JC road, corner shop at the dead end. Each ceramic holder costed a mere 30 bucks. I then headed to the battery and elecrical workshop near my home. Started my day at 10:30AM and by the time I reached back it was 3:30 PM. Luckily, not may customers today and he said he will do the work (wiring, relay and bulbs) and give the car by 7/8PM. He has some Philips bulbs of H7. Out of all the places I visited including JC road and hot tracks, no one seemed to have Philips in H7. They had some brand YOYO and claimed it to be 'IMPORTED'. It was priced 350 a piece.

I will update later on how good the lighting is once I return from my trip. Next update would be review on lighting and my 1000km driving report, may be tuesday morning.

Happy holidays everyone
Old 24th December 2010, 19:18   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

If possible get some pics of the light throw with the new 80W lights.

By the way, sorry my mistake, I should have mentioned, Konark Auto accessories on Lalbagh road near the Urvashi Threatre has this 80W Philips bulbs.

Get rocking with the new lights dude. Next look at 3000K HIDs for the fog lamps, It will make a worthy investment.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2010, 15:59   #75
BHPian

excellent pics of a beautiful looking car!This red looks the best on the palio stile. Is it a new colour as i havent seen a red like this on any other MJD before

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks