Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2012, 11:10   #136
gpa
Senior - BHPian

re: Snow I-te(n) and the five 'dwarfs' : 2010 Hyundai i10 1.2 EDIT: 1.47 lakh km completed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
I gave my i10 for its fourth (paid) service today. My i10 had completed 21,100 kms. GRAND TOTAL: Rs 2550.00 Was this cost reasonable or could I have been overcharged, in light of enhanced rates of Hyundai service?
The total seems reasonable. However, there was no need for an injector cleaning to be done at such a low mileage. Did you specifically instruct them to do so since the car was giving you problems like a jerky throttle and uneven idling characteristics? If not then they have done this own their own just to inflate the bill. How much did the injector cleaning cost you? Could you also elaborate on what the HI Scan was? I don't see the need for these two things on a car that's run ~21k kms.

If you have used clean/unadulterated petrol there is no need to clean the fuel injectors so early. I got the injectors cleaned on my earlier Santro only at the 80k kms service because of the reasons mentioned above. My Alto is currently at 52k kms and the injectors have not been cleaned yet.

Last edited by gpa : 19th June 2012 at 11:14.
Old 19th June 2012, 18:17   #137
BHPian

re: Snow I-te(n) and the five 'dwarfs' : 2010 Hyundai i10 1.2 EDIT: 1.47 lakh km completed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
The total seems reasonable. However, there was no need for an injector cleaning to be done at such a low mileage. Did you specifically instruct them to do so since the car was giving you problems like a jerky throttle and uneven idling characteristics? If not then they have done this own their own just to inflate the bill. How much did the injector cleaning cost you? Could you also elaborate on what the HI Scan was? I don't see the need for these two things on a car that's run ~21k kms.
I called up my service advisor to clarify on this HI scan. He mentioned that the i10 is hooked on to a computer and all diagnostics is done to ensure that the electronics of the car is in perfect condition. The HI scan cost me Rs 37.00

No, I had not requested for fuel injector cleaning and it was done without my knowledge. anyway, this requirement will be included in my DND list ("Do-Not-Do") when my i10 goes for service the next time.

Hyundai charged me Rs 215 for Fuel injector cleaning. Now that my injectors are cleaned, this process will not be repeated again, at least for the next 40-50K clicks on the odo.
Old 20th June 2012, 22:18   #138
BHPian

Following my 4th service on Monday, I took my i10 for wheel balancing, alignment and tyre rotation to an MRF dealer in Panjim on Tuesday. all three cost me Rs 650. The service was quite good and the attendants seemed to know their job quite well.

So, this amount may be added to the earlier service cost of Rs 2550 for the i10.
Old 21st June 2012, 10:38   #139
BHPian

Hi,
I am taking my i1o 1.2 for the first free service tomorrow.
Although an oil/filter change is not on the check list, should I ask for one ?

How much bill to expect ?

I hope, after the first service, I can drive her, how she is meant to be and would be done with the 'run-in' period/kms

Thanks
Old 21st June 2012, 11:20   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
Hi,
I am taking my i1o 1.2 for the first free service tomorrow.
Although an oil/filter change is not on the check list, should I ask for one ?

How much bill to expect ?

I hope, after the first service, I can drive her, how she is meant to be and would be done with the 'run-in' period/kms

Thanks
The first service is just a free wash and routine check up. Bill should be zero.

Run in duration depends on the kms covered. I would suggest that you take it easy for the first few thousand kms. You don't need to drive slow, just don't rev the engine excessively.

Rohan
Old 21st June 2012, 11:25   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
The first service is just a free wash and routine check up. Bill should be zero.

Run in duration depends on the kms covered. I would suggest that you take it easy for the first few thousand kms. You don't need to drive slow, just don't rev the engine excessively.

Rohan
Thank you, but I did get mixed feedback here about oil change at the first free service.
Some say, its good as you can see very minute metal parts during the oil drain ?!
Some say, Hyundai knows better, if an oil change is warranted during the first service, they would say/write so ?!

A Zero bill does sound nice. lol

So, I presume, its safe not to ask for oil change during the first service!
My car has run 1450kms in 27 days..
Old 21st June 2012, 16:17   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
Thank you, but I did get mixed feedback here about oil change at the first free service.

So, I presume, its safe not to ask for oil change during the first service!
My car has run 1450kms in 27 days..
I would suggest you to follow the user manual. No need to change engine oil if the user manual does not specify so.

Slightly OT - with this kind of high usage, why did you opt for a petrol car ?

Since you have already done 1.5k kms, I would say that you could start revving the engine once in a while. But with the current petrol prices, who wants to over-rev the engine ?

Rohan
Old 21st June 2012, 18:24   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

Slightly OT - with this kind of high usage, why did you opt for a petrol car ?
Hi Rohan ,

We did a Pondicherry trip in the new car, as desired by my wife. Hence, the high miles ( I did not rev high or hit high speeds )! I liked the way it pulls in the midrange.
Now onwards the car will see subdued usage , avg 900km/month...
Old 14th July 2012, 16:27   #144
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And that goes for you too, gpa, as I have seen from your signature that you have already logged 200 kms on your Brio. Or have you posted one already?
misquitas,

This has been pending for a long time, but I have finally compiled my sales experience and initial ownership review of the Brio. You can take a look at the thread here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-review.html

Regards,
gpa
gpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 17:38   #145
BHPian

I achieved the best FE on my i10, since I purchased the vehicle in December 2010.

Between 25/9/13 and 23/11/13, I covered 2534 kms and using the auto cut-off system, I filled in 117.36 litres. As a result, my i10 delivered a stupendous 21.59 KMPL.

Since I have purchased the car in December 2010, these are the following statistics:

* I have so far (as on 23/11/13) covered 46,254 kms.
* I have filled petrol 158 times.
* I have filled 2,664.76 litres of petrol.
* I have spent Rs 1,61,821.50 worth of petrol.
* The average cost of petrol is: Rs 60.72 per litre.
* The BEST FE so far is: 21.59 kmpl.
* The WORST FE so far is: 15.56 kmpl.
* The overall FE of my i10 is: 17.27 kmpl.

For a detailed FE log of my i10, check the following Excel file.

I10-LOG.xls

Thanks,
Melvyn

Last edited by misquitas : 24th November 2013 at 17:47.
Old 2nd December 2013, 14:16   #146
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Between 25/9/13 and 23/11/13, I covered 2534 kms and using the auto cut-off system, I filled in 117.36 litres. As a result, my i10 delivered a stupendous 21.59 KMPL.
This is just brilliant Melvyn!

Cheers,
gpa
Old 15th November 2019, 02:11   #147
BHPian

Reviving this thread after a very long time. We (wife, daughter and self) just did an eventful Goa-Kochi-Alleppey-Kochi-Goa trip in our 2010 i10 Magna 1.2 Kappa2, which has now completed 1,47,000 kms. We passed through four states (GA, KA, KL and TN) and one UT (Mahe-PY) and we filled fuel in all these states/UT, the cheapest being at GA (Rs 68.76) and the most expensive being at KA (Rs 75.98).

Travel to Kochi was along this route: Goa-Karwar-Mangalore-Kasargod-Kannur (overnight stay)-Mahe-Ponnani-Chavakkad-Thrissur-Chalakudy-Vytilla-Fort Kochi

Road was quite bad at Kasargod and along the Ponnani-Chavakad stretch. We, therefore, decided on another route on our return journey.

Our return to Goa was along this route: Fort Kochi-Fort Vypin-Kalamaserry-Angamaly-Palakkad-Kaniyur-Annur-Sathyamangalam-Chamarajanagar-Mysore (overnight stay)-Srirangapatna-Bellur-Sira-Hubli-Ankola-Karwar-Goa.

We had assumed that the NH4 would be a smooth and pleasant road, but we were disappointed by numerous diversions along the NH4 between Hebbalu and Hubli, on account of flyovers being constructed. What surprised us was that tolls are still being charged along this stretch despite the many diversions and an incomplete/unpleasant stretch of the NH4.

Fuel readings for entire Kochi trip:

TOTAL KMS: 2239 KMS
TOTAL FUEL: 130.36 LTRS
FE: 17.176 KMPL (tank-tank method)
TOTAL FUEL: Rs 9528.63

Toll fees: Rs 827
Total travel cost: Rs 10,355.63

I'm pleased with FE despite umpteen diversions at NH 4 (between Hebbalu and Hubli), stretches of bad roads along NH 17 (especially at Kasargod) and 100% use of AC during drive.

During the 9-year stint with our i10, we have done inter-state trips to Mysore, Mumbai, Hampi, Kochi, Ooty and several trips to Belgaum. Wonderful times with our i10 and a trouble-free service. In fact, our daughter has grown to love the car. It is now time to move on and replace our i10 with another car.

Which one? Read this post here (Rumour: First-gen Hyundai Grand i10 diesel to be discontinued).

Regards

Last edited by misquitas : 15th November 2019 at 02:14.
misquitas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 11:48   #148
BHPian

Congrats for a trouble-free and loving relation with your car.
Your tediously monitoring performance statistics of the car all these years, would have been hard if for not for the love of doing it.

Also its heartening to see car doing @150k KMs glitch free, that talks about Hyundai's build quality and the small 1.2L peppy engine.

2 Questions:

1)Which Engine Oil grade did you stick to? Hyundai recommends 5W30 for the petrol, while few posts suggest that some poured 5W40 and it did well!!
Own the Grand petrol and contemplating engine oil grade change in favour of the thicker, due to excessive heat conditions in Delhi/North.

2)Till what odometer reading did you experience the freshness and growl of a new engine. In other words when did it started to show signs of age/wear.

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks