Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2010, 23:28   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Sea grey Figo TDCi : One year report @17000KMs

i have not tested the fogs so cannot comment, the phillips are a notch better and the best legally accepted ones your money can buy. they are just marginally better,but are better than stocks, do make it a point to get them focused after installation!
Old 1st January 2011, 11:48   #47
BHPian

Nice video Anil. Very informative, will test it in my vehicle today. Good you took the initiative. Just put it in text too as bullet points.
Old 1st January 2011, 12:07   #48
Senior - BHPian

THE SQUEAKING NOISE which have been absent since diwali (after they were rectified then by changing the plastic trims) have resurfaced albeit with lesser tone than they used to before. I wrote a mail again to ford and the service center called me, this time they are suspecting the shockers (which i doubt).

I have developed infinite patience for this, will wait and see how they want to solve this!
Old 1st January 2011, 22:32   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
THE SQUEAKING NOISE which have been absent since diwali (after they were rectified then by changing the plastic trims) have resurfaced albeit with lesser tone than they used to before. I wrote a mail again to ford and the service center called me, this time they are suspecting the shockers (which i doubt).

I have developed infinite patience for this, will wait and see how they want to solve this!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2193398

This is how they did in my figo too back in September. Till now its doing great. No squeak at all. Touchwood.
Old 1st January 2011, 22:51   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
At 8000km ...
Congratulations on owning one of the best car of the year, 2010 and the excellent detailed report of your ride.

Wish you many many happy miles on your ride. Nice alloys and excellent catch, noticing the engine temperature video.

I recommended some of my friends the Figo Tdci. I remember your driving school posts and keeping that in mind, I believe its a brilliant 6 months of ownerhip for you covering 8k+ kms

Last edited by AvonA7 : 1st January 2011 at 22:53.
Old 7th March 2011, 21:49   #51
Senior - BHPian

hey! i really dont know how i completely missed out this thread. Your writing style is really good. As someone earlier said you should try out the travelogues section too

19kmpl in City sounds too tempting. Give me some good tips.
Old 8th March 2011, 14:13   #52
BHPian

Hi Anil,
Seems like I saw your car in Hinjewadi near PH1-2 circle few days back, those alloys distinguish your Sea Grey from others!
Old 10th March 2011, 14:50   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
hey! i really dont know how i completely missed out this thread. Your writing style is really good. As someone earlier said you should try out the travelogues section too

19kmpl in City sounds too tempting. Give me some good tips.

Good to read from you. The mileage was during winters, though it was in city. There isn't anything that I do differently for mileage, may be it is just the driving patterns and routes that result in higher mileage!!

And thanks for the comment on writing style

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
Hi Anil,
Seems like I saw your car in Hinjewadi near PH1-2 circle few days back, those alloys distinguish your Sea Grey from others!
Hope I was driving properly!!! Thanks!!

The car was finally inspected by a Ford Quality guy from Chennai. He spend a whole 5 hours on my car inspecting. There were some serious miscommunications on how the trim panels are to be replaced and my servicing center added some damping material, which the Ford guy claimed to be the main culprit. He removed the trims and replaced them and the sounds disappeared.

I am a happy man now, but as Murphy would have it now the left trim started making the squeaking noise. Couple this with the morons I see on the roads, I still wonder how I am in a solid state!!

The mileage dropped a bit with a/c usage. I am losing around 1.5 kmpl for a/c.

Current mileage on car ~ 13K
Old 16th March 2011, 18:33   #54
BHPian

Anil, few question on seat covers, where did you get the seat covers? Are they removable types? How much did it cost you?
Old 17th March 2011, 16:20   #55
Senior - BHPian

Seat covers are from a local dealer. Bought a lot of stuff from him apart from the seat covers; like floor mats, (under)body coating, parking sensors, engine coating, filiming (all sides) for about 19.5 K. Seat covers if I remember correctly cost me 5k with stitching.
Old 18th March 2011, 00:01   #56
BHPian

What is engine coating and filming?
Old 31st March 2011, 21:06   #57

@anilisanili

You must have evaluated the two Pune Ford dealerships. which one is better? Where did you make the purchase and have your car serviced?
Old 1st April 2011, 08:50   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshishKS View Post
@anilisanili

You must have evaluated the two Pune Ford dealerships. which one is better? Where did you make the purchase and have your car serviced?
Talera ford.

I reckon (from what my friends report) that both are equally good/bad.

I go to Talera at chinchwad but the planet ford work shop looks better, but it would be too far away for me as I work in Hinjewadi.

Service wise nothing to choose from either.
Old 1st April 2011, 10:36   #59

Thanks.

I spoke to the Planet Ford, Satara road sales guy yesterday. There are absolutely no corporate discounts. All he could offer me was a free 3rd yr warranty and a cash discount of 3500/-. Pity.

So the on-road cost for the 1.4 Titanium variant comes to 6,16500/-. He also mentioned that Ford will probably raise prices in April. May be a typical sales ploy to get me to book soon.

Will call up Talera and see their quote today.
Old 1st April 2011, 21:49   #60
Senior - BHPian

I have completed second service long ago but could not update the thread. However, just been to the summer camp and returned.

Got the fog lamps fixed for 15% discounted price and free labor. Cost me 3740/- really worth the money. Had a look at the spoiler but did not like the way they are fitted so opted out, other accessories did not make sense to me.

By the way, as updated in the other thread, I was facing this issue of vehicle stalling when clutch is disengaged for gear shift. After reading the solutions and how they failed, I just opted to clean up the air filter and wait and see for a few more hundred kilometers to see the issue repeats and may then go for CPP replacement.

Summer mileage is now settling at 16-17 for city with 80-90% a/c. A/c, I realized, drinks a lot of fuel in city, a lot! With 100% a/c a tankful returned me 14-15 kmpl and w/o a/c I used to get 18-19!!! The rest all factors remained constant.

Squeaks are not completely solved but there not as prevalent. Current ODO is 13,500 KMs.

Costs so far:

Car OTR= 5,99,000/-

First servicing: 1130

Second servicing: 1300

Accessories:

Filming+paint protection+engine coating+mats+reverse sensors+seat covers+under body coating+mud flaps = 19500

alloys= 15000
fogs= 3750
shampoos+waxes+micro fibre clothes+steering cover= 2000
accidental damages= 6500/- after insurance claims.

Fuel costs are not calculated!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks