Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2011, 15:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My birthday gift: Skoda Laura 2.0TDI MT

Congrats buddy on your birthday gift. Seems like Gurgaon people are buying only Skoda's these days

I myself is thinking of buying a Laura but the horror stories by other members, keeps me confused. Well keep updating this thread and enjoy.
Old 3rd January 2011, 17:12   #17
BHPian

Thanks everyone for the wishes but the birthday isn't until 7th jan.I find the clutch too light for my liking on the laura,Is the clutch similar on every skoda?I mean very light.
Old 3rd January 2011, 17:21   #18
BHPian

Hi Trumpcard,

Belated wishes.

Congratulations for such a wonderful gift, drove my friends beast a month ago it's fun to drive on highways.

One thing I faced an issue though was with GC, it scraped almost all the un-scientific humps with 4 people on board.

Drive safe and have fun.

Cheers
Raghu
Old 3rd January 2011, 17:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
One thing I faced an issue though was with GC, it scraped almost all the un-scientific humps with 4 people on board.
I think its not the fault of Laura or any other car. If you have 4 -5 people in a car, then almost all the cars in india will scrap the bumps on indian roads. It happens with my Fiesta and City both, so i guess we cant really blame Laura for this. Its the (as you said) Un-scientific Humps to be blamed.
Old 3rd January 2011, 21:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
thankfully i have not faced any issues related to GC until now(hoping that the good times continue). Infact i am quite happy with its GC.

Note from Support - Please avoid quoting an entire lengthy post as it inconveniences our mobile and small screen users. Also please do not submit dotty posts (posts which contain excessive dots between words like this : abc... xyz... qwerty....asdfg....)

Last edited by n_aditya : 18th October 2013 at 15:17.
Old 3rd January 2011, 21:47   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I think its not the fault of Laura or any other car. If you have 4 -5 people in a car, then almost all the cars in india will scrap the bumps on indian roads. It happens with my Fiesta and City both, so i guess we cant really blame Laura for this. Its the (as you said) Un-scientific Humps to be blamed.
I have taken my month old Laura to all sort of places, The car did not scrape even once. GC is not an issue of concern with Laura at all, practically it's got one of the best GC in the Segment.
Old 4th January 2011, 15:32   #22
BHPian

now there are only a couple of things i noted.

i got a similar car in white color. when i was booking the car in cappuccino beige color, i was told that the particular color has been discontinued for the elegance trim. it's although available for both ambiente and L&K trim (that too for a limited time only). This was told by a Skoda official (not the dealer alone).

I have noticed that you have some different set of alloys (never seen them on any skoda before). Have you got them changed??

Lemme know if you need some pointers about the features of the car. one great feature is that to fold the side view mirrors after you have parked the car, all you need to do is long hold the lock button on the key fob. they retract. they open up the moment you turn on the car.

the front seat recliner is a pain to operate. it's those knob types. you can customise your car's audio system to various degrees. like when you switch it on, what should be the volume. when you are reversing, what should be the volume etc.

though still haven't been able to figure out how to change the fuel consumption format. it read ltrs/100 kms. somewhere i read it can be changed to kms/ltr.

once i figure it out i will let you know.
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2011, 15:42   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
though still haven't been able to figure out how to change the fuel consumption format. it read ltrs/100 kms. somewhere i read it can be changed to kms/ltr.

once i figure it out i will let you know.
Hi Samya,

Check the following post, hope it helps.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...erience-3.html
raghu230506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2011, 22:18   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I have noticed that you have some different set of alloys (never seen them on any skoda before). Have you got them changed??
No these are stock alloys,One of the main reasons behind me going for the elegance trim,My car is november 2010 manufactured.IMHO i find these to be the best set from skoda's stable.
Old 5th January 2011, 00:16   #25
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Congratulations!
Did you get the wheels changed? They look very nice.
I have an Elegance AT since about 1.5 years now, have customized it using Vag-Com. Here is the thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...g-vag-com.html
Old 5th January 2011, 00:29   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations!
Did you get the wheels changed? They look very nice.
I have an Elegance AT since about 1.5 years now, have customized it using Vag-Com. Here is the thread: Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community (New Laura Elegance 1.9 TDI A/T EDIT : Customising with a VAG-COM)
Thanks and no i didnt get my wheels changed,These are the stock alloys.How do i get hold of the VAG-COM?and isnt the whole process too risky because when the car goes for service they will easily get to know that the internal codes have been altered.
Old 5th January 2011, 01:25   #27
BHPian

Congratulations on the awesome car. The alloys look great, probably the best looker among stock ones and way better than what's offered on L&K.

Alloys for Elegance have been changed recently in November and this replaces the earlier Vega ones. What needs a change though are the ones in other trims which look a bit ordinary.
Old 5th January 2011, 11:04   #28
BHPian

Congrats for the new car. I will wait to hear from you as you drive her on Highways!

Did you look at Superb before deciding on Laura?
Old 5th January 2011, 16:21   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Did you look at Superb before deciding on Laura?
first of all thanks.Well actually i did not consider the superb owing to budget constraints,And also i feel that superb is too long for daily city driving.
Old 6th January 2011, 00:34   #30
BHPian

can any of the existing laura owners throw some light on how capable the 2 chillers are in the car?What all purposes can they fulfill?I still haven't used either of them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks