Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2010, 19:16   #1
BHPian

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)

Definitely, many of you know that I was using a Fiat Linea MultiJet Dynamic. She was wonderful and I adored her every day and night. It gave smiles when ever I shared time with her and the most important part was she had never let me down anywhere and at any time. She was always ready to fulfill any of my commands be it a highway speed drive or a city commute, with me alone or with all aboard. The only thing she always didn’t like was being driven on bad roads where she gets hurt but she still manages to smile with pain.

The day came where I had to part with her for some personal reasons and it is post her departure where I felt that I had lost myself with her. Days passed on aloof without her and everytime I used to see a twin of her, I missed her so much and it was really painful. This time gap (Oct-Dec) made me realize how much I loved each and every aspect of her, and also started realizing no one can fill her space (I dated quite a few new ones though) eventhough many of my friends and family recommended other choices.

I dated City, Scorpio, Magnum and Vento Twins and found that they really missed the character my MJD had. So the choice for me was very very simple.. I felt the VOID in my life can ONLY be filled by another replica of her. So I had to decide between MJD and T-JET, the new twin of her. I dated the T-Jet and I felt she has to be my partner eventhough she was more aggressive and needed more material care (remember I am transitioning from a frugal Diesel to a Powerful petrol).

The day came where I got engaged with her on December 15th and believe me guys, everyday was like an year and somehow I managed to pass the days eventhough I met her many a times in her house (I mean Concorde). And finally the day came, December 29th, where I got (her) registered with her and life since then is full of JOY and BLISS.

My life with her so far..

She is extremely aggressive, yes, I mean powerful and I had to be careful and get myself changed (my driving style) to live with her. In my MJD, I had the liberty to accelerate as I wish in first and second, but with my new mate, it is different. If I handle her rough.. I mean floor the metal, she wanks the entire area by huge wheelspins and she gets too aggressive that she will harm some of her friends in front her on the raod! She almost kissed a Scooty and a Fiesta and from then on, I had to tame her to control her brute power. I have also decided to stay within 2500 RPM for the first 2.5k Kms.

In the first few hundred KMs (300 approx.), she has delivered exceptionally well on all areas including being light on my pocket. She runs 10.1km for every little of fuel and today I am taking her for a spin and I believe I will be light on her.

One interesting observation about her is – now she is willing to take the rough patches with aplomb and it does not hurt her anymore. On full load she went through serious rough patches brilliantly (I mean the roads where there were recent sewerage connections and think how bad those patches will be) which my old mate would dare to even think. She is different!

And last but not least, she is tech savvy as well and I am still learning her. The only thing which I don't like in her is the way she sings.. May be she needs a vocal chord surgery (I meant the music system) which I am planning after a year or so.

Yes, I forgot to add, I had bought some jewellery for her from a couple of places which you all will see in the pictures that I will post soon.

Summary:

Distance covered: ~300kms
Average: 10.1km/lt
Speed: nah.. I am light on her now (staying below 2000RPM).
Issues: NIL so far

Jaw Dropping Looks (Myself and almost everyone on the road admire her)
Power esp. the Turbo band
16 inch Alloys (absolute drool materials)
Blue and Me
Leather seats (definitely improves the overall ambience an gives a rich feel)
Plastics are better fitted and feels solid. No loose parts anywhere.
Lots of chrome
The T-JET door sills that I have added
and what not..

Dislikes:

Music System is OK OK.

Finally, I have “RECLAIMED” my life with her and it’s truly a renaissance!!

I decided that an ordinary camera may not do real justice to showcase her beauty.. So invited my close pal to shoot her with his D700 (he calls it, his little monster and yes he is truly passionate about photography) and the pics will speak itself.

Photos of my soulmate to follow shortly. This is only a teaser to show her prowess.
Attached Thumbnails
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-tjet1.jpg.jpg  

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 31st December 2010 at 19:27.
Sathya_sc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2010, 19:25   #2
BHPian

re: The Renaissance of my JET-White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (2200 kms Update & Photos on Page6)

let me the first one to congratulate you on your drool worthy possession. waiting eagerly for some awesome snaps of her
Old 31st December 2010, 19:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: The Renaissance of my JET-White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (2200 kms Update & Photos on Page6)

Congrats Sathya! I used to follow your other Jet thread. Now this! Cool!

Please keep updating your thread for benefit of all!
Old 31st December 2010, 19:43   #4
BHPian

Just enjoyed reading through your narration.

Now waiting for the photos of your beauty.
Old 31st December 2010, 20:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! The linea somehow imho looks best in white and you got the big daddy of all lineas aka Tjet. Hope to own a white Tjet myself soon. In the meanwhile keep updating your thread regularly with pics and updates.
Old 31st December 2010, 21:09   #6
BHPian

This is one of the most passionate reviews written in T-Bhp in recent times. Each and every word shows your love for your baby. You are a true Bhpian indeed!!
Hope I learn to love my car like you :o)

P.S: Please bring your baby to one of the T-Bhp meets. She might want to spend some time with her younger sibling Punto :o)

Last edited by CliffHanger : 31st December 2010 at 21:11.
Old 31st December 2010, 21:11   #7
BHPian

Congrats Sathya. I was not aware that MJD is no there with you. Once you are bit by Fiat bug, it is very difficult to consider anything else. Reports are that eco-drive is compatible with Blue&Me ver 5.5 and some TJet owners have reported successful installation. Many congrats again and happy mile crunching.
Old 31st December 2010, 21:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

Good one Sathya! Congrats from the bottom of heart. This one's a heart stealer, no doubt.

I had followed all your posts on Linea MJD, since I was seriously considering MJD. However, GTO's great report of the TJet made me unsure. And now you have reconfirmed my decision to go for T Jet. It will take time but that's the one.

I think you are THE best judge of TJet's performance since migrating from it's sibling. I really Look forward for much more in depth analysis from you on this post and please please please post as many as possible pics of the roaring beauty.

Wishing you a great time with the Jet.

Like someone had said in his signature, "FIAT-Ferrari In an Affordable Trim". I guess it perfectly suits TJet's persona.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 31st December 2010 at 21:20. Reason: Spell check
Old 31st December 2010, 21:58   #9
BHPian

Congrats Satya.
Excellent write up dude. True words from heart !

I have seen your beauty in flesh on the day of delivery but eager to see her pictures in the forum as well.

She is sexy, gorgeous and hmmmm, looked like an angel dressed in (Bossnova) white.
Old 1st January 2011, 08:38   #10
J.Ravi

Congratulations and best wishes, Sathya_sc, on becoming a proud owner of a precious Fiat Linea 1.4 T-Jet Plus. Explore and enjoy driving your powerful beauty!

Old 1st January 2011, 08:43   #11
Team-BHP Support

Pardon my ignorance, is 10 Kmpl the approximate FE of T-JET?
Or is it that its during the initial periods?

What is FIAT's take on this?

Congrats on the new buy and enjoy.
Old 1st January 2011, 10:04   #12
BHPian

Congrats satya on the jet .Sensible and clever buy.So you now have Linea TJet and MJD.More pics are a must . Happy new year.Drive safe .
Sreehari
Old 1st January 2011, 13:39   #13
BHPian

Congratulations sathya, I also thinking of buying Jet. Good to hear about that the GC is suffecient which was the worry part for my buying decesion.
Old 1st January 2011, 14:04   #14
BHPian

Congrats Sathya... I can imagine how happy you are ;-)
Old 1st January 2011, 14:46   #15
BHPian

Running Update - A quick highway trip.

Thanks drsnt, Karthik,fast elegance, SPARKLed, CliffHanger,NutsNBolts, Ajay, Bnz, Ravi, Ampere, SHK and Pawan.

To answer your question ampere, the mileage is for my first fuel fill and completely within the city limits in back to back traffic. The highway mileage is hoovering around 15km/lt and this is bound to increase after the first service - may be by a KM, once the run-in is complete. So you can expect city mileage of 11km/lt and Highway mileage of 15-16km/lt.

SHK.. I dont own the MJD anymore. But she is my first true love!

Pawan.. just now finished travelling through some of the worst roads (thanks to rains that lashed TamilNadu last month). The GC has improved very much and I didn't scrap even once with 4 people on board. So don't worry about GC. However, you cannot drive this like a Santro or an Alto in bad roads. We also need to respect the speed breakers keeping in mind the the higher wheelbase (2603 mm-longer than the magnum). Be a little slow and the T-Jet Plus will surely not scrap its belly.

For all, a quick update-

I just now finished a highway trip of 341.8kms (Chennai to Thiruvannamalai and back in lieu of New year). The road conditions and other figures as below:

Chennai - Dhindivanam (and Back) - Roads are good and the MID was showing 16.4km/lt (this was close to 215kms)

Average Speed in this stretch - 90-110km/hr.. Once i did close 130km/hr for a few seconds (yes, I was not able to control myself, but my wife gave me a warning that it is in Run-in period.. so immediately reduced the speed)

RPM at 100 = 2300RPM - Just in the Turbo band.. So overtaking is simply a press of the accelerator and car will zoom like a rocket. Its real fun to leave the competition behind without effort.

Short shifts help in getting a better mileage.. Shift at around 1900-2100RPM and the IC will consistently show above 17km/lt.

Today was a learning drive for me to understand her dynamics and where she can deliver greater efficiencies. I got the hold of it.

Dhindivanam - Thiruvannamali (and back) - Roads were very pathetic, thanks to monsoon and the MID average dipped to 13.5km/lt (this was close to 123kms)

Average speed in this stretch - 50-70km.. with very short bursts of maximum 80km/hr

Summary of statistics for the complete Highway Trip:

Overall MID average speed - 51km/hr
Overall MID Average Fuel Eff - 14.5km/lt
Total Distance - 341.8kms

I am sure the mileage will improve to 11 and 16 in city and highway respectively. I am impressed!

Issues observed - NIL so far. One thing is for sure, it is VERY VERY difficult to keep her below 110km/hr. You legs will itch to atleast do 160s/170s if the roads are free. Atleast I found it extremely difficult to drive within sensible limits. Come on, we are just on the turbo at 120! I am planning another LONG highway trip just to complete the run-in. Then I will get un-civilized with her a little bit.. She too will love it definitely!!

The main photos are still in the making (post will happen tonight), so posting couple of pics of my MID for this highway trip.

Regards,
Sathya
Attached Thumbnails
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-imag0328.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-imag0329.jpg  

Sathya_sc is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed