Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2011, 21:10   #31

re: The Renaissance of my JET-White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (2200 kms Update & Photos on Page6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeler View Post
Sathya, Congratulations!
Where did you download ecoDrive from? I tried it from the FIAT site but while creating the profile I see that 'India' is not available yet. Did you choose some other country?
Ok, I got the answer from the other thread. But I still have a doubt as to whether selecting a different model of the Linea (ex 1.6 MJD) will give accurate stats.
Old 3rd January 2011, 10:00   #32
BHPian

re: The Renaissance of my JET-White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (2200 kms Update & Photos on Page6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_lo View Post
Congrats Sathya. I have been following Linea/City and now Vento threads keenly, so I have read practically all your posts. But I never imagined you will buy a Tjet, since I was thinking you are still going strong with your MJD. Your review of Tjet shall be the most interesting one since you owned a Linea and were aggressive with FIAT when you had issues but very passionate with the car. The pictures add glory to the beauty. I have been delaying my City buying decision for more than a year (linea was stopping me, but at the same time I was quite concerned about the issues, GC and the sheer size of the car). I am a little bit worried about driving this big car in Chennai, esp I had to cross raj bhavan everynight, which is becoming a nightmare. That the improved GC helps in handling the real bad roads of Chennai, particularly Nanaganallur is heartening, as I stay there. What was the on road cost and any discounts on Tjet?
I will still say that niggling issues may be present in a FIAT. But once you get addicted to the car, its pure bliss.. Its like driving a bullet.. You wont feel like driving any other car. The same happened to me. I started comparing everyother car with MJD's dynamics and nothing even came close except for the Cedia. So I bought the T-Jet.

For buying it.. I have PMed you.. pls call me back!

Freewheeler: I have selected Linea Petrol and UK as the profile. I think it will give proper results.. If not, there is always an MID and Tank to Tank test for fuel eff.

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 3rd January 2011 at 10:01.
Old 3rd January 2011, 15:28   #33
BHPian

Heartly Congrtas Sathya for the JET!.. And yes welcome to the gang. An amazing set of photographs buddy.
I wished you had put max 1 sticker or maybe no sticker would have been the best (totally personal opinion).

I really dont know how are u able to manage such a FE, for me it is even worse like sometimes 8.9kmpl LOL! .. Anyways, stop worrying about the FE and enjoy the ride, that is what I am doing these days.

I think the volunteering run-in time will make you restless. I voltunteered not to go beyond 2.5k rpm for first 1500 kms, slap me, I did a 140 during the first 500th km run. Now I have driven for 1419 km, and I have totally forgotten about the run-in.

Also check your unit setting in MID, if it is lit/100km or kmpl. I was getting 11.9 which I was mistaken as kmpl, but lately I came to know it was lit/100km LOL!.

Also, how is the road bump handling in terms of comfort. I am unable to get much comfort since I replaced the tyres within 10 min of delivery. Since yo are using the stock GYs maybe you will be finding it very comfortable.

I had one panic braking two days back with 4 on board, and believe me my jaws dropped, my heart stopped beating since I was about to land inside the engine of Tata Tipper. The braking (complimented with the S-drives) saved me big times.
Old 3rd January 2011, 17:48   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post

I had one panic braking two days back with 4 on board, and believe me my jaws dropped, my heart stopped beating since I was about to land inside the engine of Tata Tipper. The braking (complimented with the S-drives) saved me big times.
Oh man.. Drive safe. I am able to imagine since I have had many like these in my MJD..

I have taken a oath that I will follow run-in until 2500kms and I believe I will follow.

The ride is one word.. awesome. My family also feels the same way. I am on stock tyres.

And, the GC is simply superb.

I am used to short shifting in my MJD since MJD is powerful from 3rd onwards and I am following the same short shifts here and viola I am getting superb fuel eff. Even today when I commuted to office I got a jaw dropping 12.9km/lt in b2b traffic. I am in km/lt only and since I am used to the MID, the first thing I changed were the units. I will also check by tank to tank method and report soon.

I know T-Jet is not meant to be driven like how I am driving it now.. but after 2500kms, I will have a blast for sure!

Already I tasted 140 on the T-Jet, but during the test drive. It just pulls..pulls and pulls.. There is no end. I am curious to know where it will max out or run out of steam.. May be I have to wait for another 1800 kms to check it out.

I am actually contemplating a long trip to finish this painful run-in period at one shot. Lets see whether it works!
Old 7th January 2011, 20:10   #35
BHPian

some questions for Linea owners.. please clarify:

1. Generally after a short or a long spin, when my car comes to a halt, the engine fan in the car runs fast and creates some (read loud) noise for close to 5-10 seconds before again the engine becomes super silent. is this a normal phenomenon? or is my Jet only having this character? i checked the engine heat.. everything seems normal though in the speedo console.

2. I have not recieved the extended warranty booklet as yet. How is it given.. Whether we will receive a booklet or a paper or...??
Old 7th January 2011, 20:18   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post

1. Generally after a short or a long spin, when my car comes to a halt, the engine fan in the car runs fast and creates some (read loud) noise for close to 5-10 seconds before again the engine becomes super silent. is this a normal phenomenon? or is my Jet only having this character? i checked the engine heat.. everything seems normal though in the speedo console.
This happens even in my M800. The fan runs till the temperature cools down to a certain temp.
Old 8th January 2011, 17:33   #37
BHPian

Guys a quick update.. Checked out another T-jet+ for the Radiator FAN sound. its the same and the Service guys also told that it is quite normal in all FIATS.. so no issues..

Quick update about my ride -

Did close to 250kms in city and here are the statistics along with ECO drive report.

Distance - 254kms
Avg Speed - 21km/hr
Traffic - Moderate to Heavy sometimes very heavy as well

Avg Consumption figures:

Avg Consumption - 10.9km/lt as per MID
Tank to Tank method - ~10.8km/lt
As per Ecodrive - 10.87km/lt (30.7MPG-used UK based units for calculations.... if US based metric, then the avg has to be ~13km/lt)

Have attached pics of my MID and Eco Drive.

Any issues so far - NIL

One thing that I have to accept, the newer batches of Lineas (atleast the T-Jets) in India, the plastics and the overall fit and finish have improved leaps and bounds.. I am realizing it after having driven the MJD for a year and a half.

Am enjoying her every minute..
Attached Thumbnails
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-ecodrive3rd-jan-8th-jan.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-imag0331.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-imag0332.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-imag0333.jpg  

Old 8th January 2011, 20:52   #38
BHPian

Clicked some pics today with my old digicam..
Attached Thumbnails
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-dsc06247.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-dsc06244.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-dsc06249.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-dsc06251.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-dsc06243.jpg  

Old 8th January 2011, 21:37   #39
BANNED

Thats a wonderful update Sathya! Watching your thread closely. The F.E figures are lovely considering the Jet's performance!

Nice pics too!
Old 13th January 2011, 14:37   #40
BHPian

First Milestone!

Today I managed to complete my 1st Milestone - 1000Kms. Life has been good so far with her.

She has been delivering 10.8 - 11.5km/lt in city conditions and around 15-16km/lt in Highways so far with a moderate foot. And she does 120 at about 2700RPM effortlessly (tried only once so far)..

By the way one interesting fact is the 1st Service is at 5000kms / 6 months.

So, have a long time to go for the 1st service itself. Will keep you all updated with her colors as I move on!
Attached Thumbnails
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-imag0337.jpg  

Old 13th January 2011, 15:45   #41
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The low light pictures are stunning, they really bring the Linea's curves out. Congrats on a true driving machine, Sathya, and I hope my test report helped you in whatever little way to choose this car. In terms of driving pleasure, there's few sub-10 lakh cars that come close to the T-Jet. Heck, I won't even hesitate before calling it a 9 lakh rupee Skoda vRS.

Drive safe will ya!
Old 13th January 2011, 16:05   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The low light pictures are stunning, they really bring the Linea's curves out. Congrats on a true driving machine, Sathya, and I hope my test report helped you in whatever little way to choose this car. In terms of driving pleasure, there's few sub-10 lakh cars that come close to the T-Jet. Heck, I won't even hesitate before calling it a 9 lakh rupee Skoda vRS.

Drive safe will ya!
Thanks GTO!

Yes, your review was one of the major factors for me to choose this car. no doubts.. i know how much I would have hit the F5 button waiting for your review. My wife called me a "Team-BHP" freak during those days where I used to sit 10-12hrs in T-BHP.

And reg. the car, no doubts, she is a mini- vRS. Amazing power on tap and surprisingly good fuel efficiency as well. Not sure how much she will return when I redline her.. may be 7-8..and more than anything, the way she handles oodles of power - simply NO comparisons.

And one more thing you know, I used to drive fast (read really fast like a maniac) in my MJD and in my T-Jet+ I don't have that feeling to drive fast.. I don't know why.. definitely a strange change within myself..I prefer to cruise in my T-Jet than drive her fast.

however.. for my family, this is a welcome change.
Old 13th January 2011, 17:48   #43
Senior - BHPian

Serious suggestion!!

Sathya,

Congrats for your buy. It's one hell of a machine.. Although, I strongly conform to the fact that the T-Jet along with Vento TDI 'feel' like the fastest cars n the sub 10 lac bracket (techinically it is ANHC but it doesn't feel as fast while driving and it doesn't have good in gear timings either), I would still crave for more 'power'.

The T-Jet is bought to be run fast...Thus, if I were you, I'll consider an 'Race Dynamics' chip tuning exercise to bump the power up to 130-135 bhp. Turbo engines are 'designed to be modded'. Then you can actually put rest some some ppl saying " Yeah, it is fast but not really quick!"
Old 14th January 2011, 00:00   #44
BHPian

Thanks Abhi for that. I will definitely pump its power after some time.. not now though. With her current power itself it does get my adrenaline to work many a times

Ok, now some background behind choosing the Linea T-Jet.

When I started the hunt, I did consider ANHC and Vento really really serious.. Oh.. numerous back to back test drives.. for close to 2 months.

This was done after I decided not to go with Civic S and Cedia. Cruze LT was also out because of ground clearance and anything above 15 lakhs was NO NO for me. Didn't have that much Vit M.

So finally was really confused between the three (City/Vento/T-jet), but I just gave a thought of what I really wanted.. whats my driving style and what will suit my driving habits.

Then I did some - "Analyzing Myself". Realized the following about my driving habits-

In the City, I am typically a sedate driver. I don't really drive fast except for a few instances where some of the other drivers really provoke me. I typically do 40-50 steadily in the city and thats all what I want. Where I show my aggression is in the highway. Again it is not that I take off like a jet from stand still, but what really matters to me was constant addition/progression of speed and the ability to maintain above side 140 without much fear and definitely - no compromise on handling when I maintain 140+.

Many a times when I did trips to my native place (about 600 kms away from Chennai), my avg speed has been more than 90km/hr in my MJD MID (once 96km/hr.. my highest ever..can someone believe it. Even I was shocked!!). In that trip, I had covered close to ~550kms in 6hrs and these past data points really proved that I wanted something that can "MAINTAIN" higher speeds.. I mean ability to build and maintain momentum even in bends and corners and at the same time feel PLANTED to the road at those speeds.

With this in mind, I started my hunt again with these three Stalwarts of cars. This time, my test drives with all these three were from my house to the nearest highway.. Actually my house is just 7 kms from the highway.

City was out since it didn't meet my criteria eventhough the way it builds momentum is great (esp. sweet above 5000RPM). I and even my family felt that we floated at speeds above 120/130. Vento D DID meet my needs fairly well and it would have been light on my pocket also. But the major things that turned me down from the Vento:

1. Attitude by the Showroom folks. just a don't care attitude.

2. Waiting period of Nine months.. and that too with a lot of uncertainity about getting the car even in 9 months. One of the sales person told that they have stopped booking while another guy said that he can deliver it in 9 months, may be!

3. Lack of USB or Aux.. it may be frivolous.. but it mattered a LOT to me.

4. The car felt smaller in dimensions to me since I had been driving my MJD.. Linea is longer and feels bigger than a Civic (atleast externally)

5. EPS was little scary for me..The steering felt light than the T-Jet and the feedback was not as good as the T-Jet especially at higher speeds. Those quick lane changes at needed emergency times, I was really not sure with the Vento. But straight line stability was good.

6. I was really not sure about their service (going by the showroom attitude). But this was definitely not a deal breaker for me.

Hence the Choice was T-Jet+. I am "almost" sure it will satisfy my main "wants" from her-

1. Ability to progressively build speed and go a long way up the speedo.

2. Maintain speeds upside 140 and at the same time feel glued to the road (in straights and in corners)

Will post in future about whether she has really met my requirements. The doubt here is because, I am not getting the same "SAFE" feeling of my MJD in my T-jet since this is taller than the MJD (slightly higher CG.. I guess), but it definitely sticks to the road when compared to the other two.

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 14th January 2011 at 00:08. Reason: Corrected Typos..
Old 14th January 2011, 08:40   #45
BHPian

Congrats Man..

Guess you are from Santoshapuram, Chennai. One question how is the AC in T-Jet compared you Linea MJD. Has it improved..?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks